How big is Jesus Christ now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As big as the millions of Born Again Christians since Pentecost, upto today!

1 Cor. 12[27] Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
Eph. 4[11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on what you mean by "say the same thing." If by that you mean, gives the same meaning, then I agree with you, but then you have to concede so do modern translations.

If by that you mean, only spellings have changed then no, you are flat wrong. Words themselves have changed.
Yes, they say the same meaning.

Modern versions however, omit passages and/or obscure/slant meanings.

This is exactly why you see folks present another version in a Biblical argument.

This is designed to pit version vs version, and not to clarify, but to debunk.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this just strikes me as making the Body of Christ of no effect, as well as removing salvation to tomorrow, now tomorrow is the day that the Lord has made, right. Also what about those Standing There who were promised that they would see Him come down? Also a kingdom that obviously comes by observation, right. On and on

it amounts to magical malarkey imo
Fact is, Jesus appears in many forms after ascending.

Read up on them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Fact is, Jesus appears in many forms after ascending.

Read up on them.
"many forms," you reckon? Ok well then if you feel thats enough to avoid all the other, then bam nevermindthat i guess. I would guess that the body of Christ was still being estd there, but meh. After all, i guess "appearing" is what He will be doing for us, too right. But i would sure lean toward that in the sense of "being revealed" which no reasom that couldnt happen for one today iow. But i also get the desire for endless bliss "tomorrow." Ok, kumbaya

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"many forms," you reckon? Ok well then if you feel thats enough to avoid all the other, then bam nevermindthat i guess. I would guess that the body of Christ was still being estd there, but meh. After all, i guess "appearing" is what He will be doing for us, too right. But i would sure lean toward that in the sense of "being revealed" which no reasom that couldnt happen for one today iow. But i also get the desire for endless bliss "tomorrow." Ok, kumbaya
One form I must mention Jesus is in is an omnipresent pure white light.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they say the same meaning.

Modern versions however, omit passages and/or obscure/slant meanings.

This is exactly why you see folks present another version in a Biblical argument.

This is designed to pit version vs version, and not to clarify, but to debunk.
Nothing is omitted, that is a flat lie by KJV Only Cultists. They also do not obscure or slant meanings. Another lie from cultists like yourself.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Big- ? Height? Jesus, Likely 5'5"-5'-8", average height of 1st century Jew.

Big- ? Powerful? Christ IS the All Supreme Power of God.

Big-? Famously Known? Everyday Millions are Hearing about Him Worldwide.

Glory to God,
Taken

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing is omitted, that is a flat lie by KJV Only Cultists. They also do not obscure or slant meanings. Another lie from cultists like yourself.
Here is proof that words and meanings are changed!
Nowhere in the KJV Bible will you ever see the following words in print together:
"The Antichrist".

But, virtually every "wannabe" bible, translated from the Westott and Hort Greek text, prints it as "The Antichrist"

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Open your eyes wide....

Sixteen Verses Omitted from Modern Bibles
Here are the sixteen whole verses:

1. Matthew 17:21: "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
  2. Matthew 18:11: "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."
  3. Matthew 23:14: "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."
  4. Mark 7:16: "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."
  5. Mark 9:44: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
  6. Mark 9:46: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
  7. Mark 11:26: "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
  8. Mark 15:28: "And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors."
  9. Luke 17:36: "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."
  10. John 5:4: "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."
  11. Acts 8:37: "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
  12. Acts 15:34: "Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still."
  13. Acts 24:7: "But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,"
  14. Acts 28:29: "And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."
  15. Romans 16:24: "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
  16. I John 5:7: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Missing Verses & changed words in modern Bibles compared to the KJV?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a concept in our minds taught to us as children that Jesus is a man, typical as any sized man.
Col 2:9 teaches just the opposite.
It teaches that all of what God consists of is housed in the body of Jesus now.
This means Jesus is an omnipresent spirit to "house" all of his omnipresent God.
This also means, since God is light, that Jesus is light(by default).
So, the spirit man, Jesus Christ, is really bodily, omnipresent light.

Your questions and comments are much appreciated here...
I heard Jesus loves pizzas and cheese burgers, so He may be quite large by now.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Big- ? Height? Jesus, Likely 5'5"-5'-8", average height of 1st century Jew.

Big- ? Powerful? Christ IS the All Supreme Power of God.

Big-? Famously Known? Everyday Millions are Hearing about Him Worldwide.

Glory to God,
Taken
Per Col 2:9, how does all the fullness of what God consists of, fit in his 5' 8" body?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As big as the millions of Born Again Christians since Pentecost, upto today!

1 Cor. 12[27] Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
Eph. 4[11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Yep, we all fit in his body.

He was made an omnipresent quickening Spirit after resurrecting.

Then all of what God consists of indwelled him.

We even fit in him, and therefore are complete in him.

Big change from his life on earth.

Reactions: Earburner

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Per Col 2:9, how does all the fullness of what God consists of, fit in his 5' 8" body?

The Fullness of God Fills a "willing" Vessel, to Overflowing MEASURES.

A Body, a Soul, a Heart, a Spirit, a Mind of man are simply Vessels.
A cup is simply a Vessel.

The Size of the Vessel is insignificant ...
WHAT the Vessel is Filled and Overflowing "WITH" is paramount.

Pss 23:
[3] He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
[4] Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
[5] Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Willing Vessels are Offered a complete Spiritual Godly MAKE-OVER...the Vessel Size, is irrelevant.

Jesus' Body AND Blood Offering ONCE, is Sufficient for the WHOLE Worlds Forgiveness and Restoration, "IF" they individually Reach Out and Take His Offering.

Glory to God,
Taken

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is proof that words and meanings are changed!
Nowhere in the KJV Bible will you ever see the following words in print together:
"The Antichrist".

But, virtually every "wannabe" bible, translated from the Westott and Hort Greek text, prints it as "The Antichrist"
I'm sorry, you should probably study some Greek.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Open your eyes wide....

Sixteen Verses Omitted from Modern Bibles
Here are the sixteen whole verses:

1. Matthew 17:21: "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."
  2. Matthew 18:11: "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."
  3. Matthew 23:14: "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."
  4. Mark 7:16: "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."
  5. Mark 9:44: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
  6. Mark 9:46: "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
  7. Mark 11:26: "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
  8. Mark 15:28: "And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors."
  9. Luke 17:36: "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."
  10. John 5:4: "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."
  11. Acts 8:37: "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
  12. Acts 15:34: "Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still."
  13. Acts 24:7: "But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,"
  14. Acts 28:29: "And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."
  15. Romans 16:24: "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."
  16. I John 5:7: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Missing Verses & changed words in modern Bibles compared to the KJV?
All of those are in the ESV. Not omitted. You are wrong.