how can I love the lord & have faith when

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is a big part of your problem right there. You are trying to face the devil's army all by yourself. Without church, you have no training in that effort. And nobody has your back. You are outgunned.

"And [Jesus] Himself gave
  • some to be apostles,
  • some prophets,
  • some evangelists, and
  • some pastors and
  • teachers,
for the equipping of the saints (that's you!) for the work of ministry,
for the edifying of the body of Christ,..." Ephesians 4:11-12 NKJV

Without church, you are missing out on God's training for you to become a competent Christian in the face of adversity. Incompetent Christians are still saved, but they are easily overwhelmed by adversity (and constantly feel at a loss), but that isn't God's fault.

If one church doesn't work, try another one.

Those that are willing could physically minister to you. Something we, on this side of the screen cannot do. If you need money or food other things, etc., God could put it on their heart to reach out to you. Or meet you in some other way. I've heard of some brothers who will fix up clunkers just to give them to the poor. God knows what your needs are, including the need to be encouraged. As He ministers to you, you may find that you have a talent to lend to others in need.

Thanks I agree it is true we need others.

But I tried many churches when I was more able to get out but that all just had the same block of singing followed by a block of sermon followed by everyone goes home/out to own lives/families/interests. Anyway the problem is that in this bad accomodation & location situation I can't even get out any much (especially early on a sunday morning).

The situation things I need help with probably most local people can't help with except if someone had a place I could shift to. They are big things I need God to help fix. If the situation can't be changed then I need something amazing that could help me have faith despite suffering such mean cruel hell situation.

Do you spend much time reading the Bible? When you read it you are actually listening to God's words. You can't find out what God wants unless you listen to what he says. He has promised that anyone who seeks him with his whole heart will find him.

I used to read bible chapters every day for years but eventually gave up as nothing changed situationwise but only got worse, and now only on odd occasions do I read it. It is no use if i can't have faith.

I'm single, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Being married brings far more problems to the individual. I have great joy in friends and family. Learn to love the single life - it is far better than the alternative. We all drink fluoridated water, and we experience no distress. You are choosing to suffer from the same things other people find benign. Maybe you do need some mental health counseling to help you become more optimistic. You have to ask yourself, 'why do others find peace in a world of fluoridated water, but I find misery?' Maybe its not the water? maybe its your attitude toward the water. There are aspects of life that I find infuriating. I do not seek to change this world, I seek to change myself so that I can find peace, despite the multitude of suffering in this world. The primary way I seek to change myself is via turning to God and seeking His peace.

Singleness is not for everyone. Jesus said some are made eunuchs by choice, some by birth, some by men/force, some by chance/fate. I got used to being single and don't keep looking for someone, but I will never like or accept or agree with being forced by circumstances to forever miss out on love, companionship, intimacy, family, and to experience lonliness every day and night. Bible says it is not good for man to be alone.

My own seen experiences and evidences are that fluoridation does effect me and others, but it is noteasy to prove because us common people can't conduct scientific experiments and disections on dead or living humans or animals like the elite can. It is proven that fluoridation effects thyroid of many people. There is a court case in USA lately where they presented studies that it effects children. Debating fluoridation is impossible because only thing matters is proof it harms or hinders body or brain health or ability, and common people don'thave the ways and means (though we can prove somewhat to ourselves by experiences and evidences). You and others can't prove to me that fluoridation doesn't effect me and others. I am not choosing to suffer it, it is forced into me every meal every day and I notice effects and evidences and can't help suffering it.
It is not a mental health issue, noone can prove it doesn't harm or hinder us, it is forced into me without any right, it is not wrong or sick of me to dislike it, and I have written papers with evidences that fluoridation is wrong and harmful/hindering. Unfortunately no matter how much evidences and argumnents I have given in papers etc people just ignore it. Just changing self not the world is letting them force us to accept their evil, letting them change me to suit them. What is everyone going to say on judgement day if they find out then proof that fluoridation etc was effecting us? Oh sorry Mosheli we didn't believe you and your life was badly effected by it. (Of course it is possible on jday I might find out it didn't effect us but I am pretty sure from all evidences and experiences that is does.)

If God can just lessen one or two or three of the worst constant all day every day hell persecutions especially the ringing sound from the neighbours heat pump that goes all day and night everyday and night, and the forced fluoridation which is every mouthful every meal every day with effects all day every day, then it would not be quite so hard to have faith re the other things. Otherwise I have to find someway to have faith in God to change/fix things despite such mean cruel hell being done to me every day.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks I agree it is true we need others.

But I tried many churches when I was more able to get out but that all just had the same block of singing followed by a block of sermon followed by everyone goes home/out to own lives/families/interests. Anyway the problem is that in this bad accomodation & location situation I can't even get out any much (especially early on a sunday morning).

The situation things I need help with probably most local people can't help with except if someone had a place I could shift to. They are big things I need God to help fix. If the situation can't be changed then I need something amazing that could help me have faith despite suffering such mean cruel hell situation.

I used to read bible chapters every day for years but eventually gave up as nothing changed situationwise but only got worse, and now only on odd occasions do I read it. It is no use if i can't have faith.

Singleness is not for everyone. Jesus said some are made eunuchs by choice, some by birth, some by men/force, some by chance/fate. I got used to being single and don't keep looking for someone, but I will never like or accept or agree with being forced by circumstances to forever miss out on love, companionship, intimacy, family, and to experience lonliness every day and night. Bible says it is not good for man to be alone.

My own seen experiences and evidences are that fluoridation does effect me and others, but it is noteasy to prove because us common people can't conduct scientific experiments and disections on dead or living humans or animals like the elite can. It is proven that fluoridation effects thyroid of many people. There is a court case in USA lately where they presented studies that it effects children. Debating fluoridation is impossible because only thing matters is proof it harms or hinders body or brain health or ability, and common people don'thave the ways and means (though we can prove somewhat to ourselves by experiences and evidences). You and others can't prove to me that fluoridation doesn't effect me and others. I am not choosing to suffer it, it is forced into me every meal every day and I notice effects and evidences and can't help suffering it.
It is not a mental health issue, noone can prove it doesn't harm or hinder us, it is forced into me without any right, it is not wrong or sick of me to dislike it, and I have written papers with evidences that fluoridation is wrong and harmful/hindering. Unfortunately no matter how much evidences and argumnents I have given in papers etc people just ignore it. Just changing self not the world is letting them force us to accept their evil, letting them change me to suit them. What is everyone going to say on judgement day if they find out then proof that fluoridation etc was effecting us? Oh sorry Mosheli we didn't believe you and your life was badly effected by it. (Of course it is possible on jday I might find out it didn't effect us but I am pretty sure from all evidences and experiences that is does.)

If God can just lessen one or two or three of the worst constant all day every day hell persecutions especially the ringing sound from the neighbours heat pump that goes all day and night everyday and night, and the forced fluoridation which is every mouthful every meal every day with effects all day every day, then it would not be quite so hard to have faith re the other things. Otherwise I have to find someway to have faith in God to change/fix things despite such mean cruel hell being done to me every day.
Hi @Mosheli ; I would encourage you to follow @theophilus's advice, above....

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't need faith to read the Bible. Reading the Bible is how you acquire faith.

It might also be easier to read if you have a specific goal in mind. In my earlier posts I recommended reading 1 John and the gospel of John. I recommended 1 John because you have expressed doubts as to whether you are saved. 1 John was written to address this issue. 1 John 5:13 says, " I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life." It describes several things that will be true of your life if you are saved. You should read it an compare your life with what is says.

If you find that your life doesn't contain signs that you are saved, you should read the gospel of John. It was written to show you how you can have eternal life by believing in Jesus. John 20:30,31 says, "Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." Read is slowly and carefully and think about what it says.

God created marriage to serve as a picture of his relationship with his worshipers. In the Old Testament Israel was called the wife of God. Their worship of idols was compared to adultery. In the New Testament the church is called the bride of Christ. Revelation 19:6-8 describes the wedding ceremony. All of us who are believers will be united eternally with Christ in a marriage which will be both perfect and eternal. Most people marry while on earth and so have a preview of what this marriage will be like. Some of us do not. I am one of those who has never married. It wasn't because I didn't want to get married but because I simply couldn't find the right woman to marry. I once resented this fact but now I realize that I am better of being single. The perfect marriage is waiting for all of us who are true followers of Christ and when we experience it we won't care whether we were married on earth.

Reactions: Sabertooth