How can your tears be wiped away (Rev 21:4) by Jesus when he is simultaneously...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What good is Hell, then? It keeps people who want to sin, for no reason, in a place where they can easily be reminded of God's Glory. It's too late for them to change their ways, without dying -
He who has suffered has ceased from sin.

The unrepentant sinner, spiritually dead, having physically died, well, what's left? The dead spirit who rejected God throughout life, continuing in sin. The suffering of the lake of fire will stop their sinning, as they can only think about their suffering.

God will stop the sinners from sinning, without violating their will. Just a thought!

Much love!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice it says the smoke of their torment. Nowhere does it mention God is there tormenting them. These people are given opportunity after opportunity to choose God.

Well he is certainly the cause of their torment. Besides, torment often times means in the Bible "to test". In this context it relates to refining. You don't think that God torments people forever and just for the fun of it, right?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...torturing your child (for example) FOREVER in "Hell"?

Revelation 21:4 CLNT
4 And He will be brushing away every tear from their eyes. And death will be no more, nor mourning, nor clamor, nor misery; they will be no more, for the former things passed away."

@St. SteVen
A lot of people have this notion of God 'torturing your child (for example) FOREVER in "Hell".' I am not one of them. I think hell will always be there, but I don't think the repentant are required to reside there.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people have this notion of God 'torturing your child (for example) FOREVER in "Hell".' I am not one of them. I think hell will always be there, but I don't think the repentant are required to reside there.

Are you saying that people can be saved through the Lake of Fire?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that people can be saved through the Lake of Fire?
I believe that the Lake of Fire is what happens to us after we sin. For example, if I rob a bank, I'll probably go to prison. If I stop sinning the Lake of Fire disappears.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Lake of Fire is what happens to us after we sin. For example, if I rob a bank, I'll probably go to prison. If I stop sinning the Lake of Fire disappears.
Do you believe that Jesus uses the Lake of Fire to cleanse and save ALL people?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that Jesus uses the Lake of Fire to cleanse and save ALL people?
I think the Lake of Fire is what it is - the consequences (here and now) of our sins. I would see it as a deterrent to sin, though first we must understand that when we sin, we hurt ourselves.