How do we pray?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apple of His Eye

Mar 8, 2008
IMO Prayer could be best described as having communion with God. I don't believe that you constantly have to be talking to Him. I do not even think you have to be on your knees. In fact (personal experience, but I believe many would agree with me), when we get into intense prayer and begin to perceive the presence of God, generally there is a feeling of inadequecy in your words because you realize that He already knows what you have need of. At that point, your part of the conversation will end! You begin to listen to what God has to say and wait for whatever He will impart to you... if He so wills to impart anything at all. You have entered into the presence of God at this point, and you suddenly realize that all you really needed was Him to begin with. It no longer matters if you receive anything from the prayer at all.That is the true point of prayer. Not that we should get what we want from God and go, but that we should come into communion with Him.

lilithb

Dec 5, 2007
I pray all the time, I pray standing up, sitting down, I pray while walking and at work. I don't think God really cares where you are or how you do it. He cares about the sincerity of your prayer, he cares what is in the heart all the rest is up to you.