How do you do bible study?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Deborah_ We are blessed in English to have all sorts of commentaries and Bible helps available..................

Yes, some good, some not so good, and many that are so bad that they are misleading.

We need to be discerning by the leading of the Lord to come to an understanding of His truth.

It is a good thing that there are commentaries written in other languages as well for the people who have no grasp of English.

Seek first the relationship with God and the rest will be revealed to you as is your need.

Reactions: farouk

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you usually do bible study? Do you just read through the bible as it is? Do you make use of commentaries? I usually just read through the bible as it is, but want to go deeper in depth with my bible study. Will appreciate all helps I can get!
Great new interactive Bible study guide Chong: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/enjoy-life-forever/

I will be glad to take you through it if you desire over Zoom or Duo.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you read 1 Cor 14 to unregenerated sinners, or do you wait until they receive the Holy Ghost, first?

I have read and gone over 1 Cor 14 - or did you not even notice I quoted from 1 Cor 14?? How do you miss all this??

If you have received the Holy Spirit then you would know that the purpose of the Holy Spirit is to get you to Jesus Christ!!

Yeah, the Holy Spirit has gifts for you, but the main gift He gives you is the gift of God!! And all the other gifts you read about are all design to get you to Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God!!

You would know this if you have spent much time with the Holy Spirit!! But you don't seem to?

The Gifts of Tongues - as all ready pointed out to you - is designed to get you to seek the Word of God (Jesus Christ)!!

I mean, who goes around speaking things they don't understand and don't seek God to explain in words what is going on??

And so it is that all the other gifts of the Spirit are also. Prophecy, means seeking words from God, which means you have to turn to the Word of God, Jesus Christ for what He has to say. Even gifts like healing require seeking the voice of the Lord!

EX 15:26 and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”

And as explained and proved to you already - we are all sinners - which you seem to fail to understand. So, I also pointed out that the person who says they have no sin does not have the Holy Spirit - the Spirit of Truth!

1 Jn 1-8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So believers are sinners who because they believe in Jesus Christ, The Word of God, they are counted as being righteous! That was also explained and apparently ignored by you.

Gen 15: 5, 6And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

So as I already explained to you - you need to start seeking the Lord for what He has to tell you. Did you do that before writing what you call "My Lessons"? If so why do you call them "My Lessons" That is a confession that you didn't get them from the Lord, but again this morning He just told me to go back and post!

This is the Father's message concerning His Son, which is passed on - Mat 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

Understand that message then you will understand the Bible!! Abraham didn't have a Bible, but Abraham understood! Moses wrote Scriptures, so Moses understood. As did the others who wrote Scriptures! They understood the message from God is that we need to seek the Son (Jesus Christ) and listen to Him!! That is done by a faith that Jesus Christ is there to be heard from - which is why His name is called "The Word of God".

Thus Jesus Christ is the gift of God that we are given. He is the reason all those other gifts of the Spirit are given, because the Holy Spirit is always trying to get you to seek our Lord God, Jesus Christ!!

That didn't take t 10 hours to explain, but it might wind up taking me 10 hours to get through to someone!! Still, all I am saying, over and over and over is: Jesus Christ is the Son of God and we need to seek Him by faith and listen to what He has to personally say to us!! How is it you don't understand that? It means you don't understand the basic purpose of all those who wrote the Bible!

Jn 5: 46, 47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read and gone over 1 Cor 14 - or did you not even notice I quoted from 1 Cor 14?? How do you miss all this??

If you have received the Holy Spirit then you would know that the purpose of the Holy Spirit is to get you to Jesus Christ!!

Yeah, the Holy Spirit has gifts for you, but the main gift He gives you is the gift of God!! And all the other gifts you read about are all design to get you to Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God!!

You would know this if you have spent much time with the Holy Spirit!! But you don't seem to?

The Gifts of Tongues - as all ready pointed out to you - is designed to get you to seek the Word of God (Jesus Christ)!!

I mean, who goes around speaking things they don't understand and don't seek God to explain in words what is going on??

And so it is that all the other gifts of the Spirit are also. Prophecy, means seeking words from God, which means you have to turn to the Word of God, Jesus Christ for what He has to say. Even gifts like healing require seeking the voice of the Lord!

EX 15:26 and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”

And as explained and proved to you already - we are all sinners - which you seem to fail to understand. So, I also pointed out that the person who says they have no sin does not have the Holy Spirit - the Spirit of Truth!

1 Jn 1-8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

So believers are sinners who because they believe in Jesus Christ, The Word of God, they are counted as being righteous! That was also explained and apparently ignored by you.

Gen 15: 5, 6And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

So as I already explained to you - you need to start seeking the Lord for what He has to tell you. Did you do that before writing what you call "My Lessons"? If so why do you call them "My Lessons" That is a confession that you didn't get them from the Lord, but again this morning He just told me to go back and post!

This is the Father's message concerning His Son, which is passed on - Mat 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

Understand that message then you will understand the Bible!! Abraham didn't have a Bible, but Abraham understood! Moses wrote Scriptures, so Moses understood. As did the others who wrote Scriptures! They understood the message from God is that we need to seek the Son (Jesus Christ) and listen to Him!! That is done by a faith that Jesus Christ is there to be heard from - which is why His name is called "The Word of God".

Thus Jesus Christ is the gift of God that we are given. He is the reason all those other gifts of the Spirit are given, because the Holy Spirit is always trying to get you to seek our Lord God, Jesus Christ!!

That didn't take t 10 hours to explain, but it might wind up taking me 10 hours to get through to someone!! Still, all I am saying, over and over and over is: Jesus Christ is the Son of God and we need to seek Him by faith and listen to what He has to personally say to us!! How is it you don't understand that? It means you don't understand the basic purpose of all those who wrote the Bible!

Jn 5: 46, 47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”
Stop preaching for a minute and answer the question with a yes or no...

Do you teach 1 Cor 14 to sinners?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop preaching for a minute and answer the question with a yes or no...

Do you teach 1 Cor 14 to sinners?
Do you say you have no sin???

1 Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

So yes, of course 1 Cor 14 is for sinners!! The Bible was given to us! Because if you have the Truth in you, you are made aware of your sin, though it is not counted against you! How do you not know this?

So you answer the question - Do you say that you have no sin????

If so, the truth is not in you!!

So why are you even asking that question? We are all sinners who need our Lord Jesus Christ! And what makes you think I am trying to teach you anything??? I am trying to get you to seek the Teacher and listen to Him!! It is for that reason you are wrong. You are out to teach people what you call "My lessons" - but that you should not do!! If you teach, it should be as instructed by the Teacher, Jesus Christ, so it is His lessons, not yours!

But I have already gone over this with you!! That you need to seek Jesus Christ, because He is the Truth! He is also the Teacher, so why do you not know this? Is it because you need to actually seek the Truth (Jesus Christ) and learn from Him?

Yet as for me, Preaching the Word and that to mean that He is The Word of God, is what He asked me to do! So why do you say to "stop preaching"? Should I listen to you or to Him?

And along that line He asked me to give you this word:

A MITE IS AN ANIMAL THAT GETS UNDER THE SKIN TO GET AT THE BLOOD! THERE IS MIGHT IN THE BLOOD, BUT I WANT A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP THAN THAT.

If you don't understand - know that there are those who like the power in the blood, but they are not looking for that close personal relationship that comes from just walking and talking with Him?

Too many times there are those looking for the earthquake, or fire, or strong wind, but the Lord is in that still small voice that we find in that personal place we get with Him. Is that not the reason you keep thinking of the gifts of the Holy Spirit instead of seeking the small voice of our Lord Jesus Christ?

1 Cor 14 is about a group meeting or gathering. So perhaps one day it is not about that personal relationship, but the interactions of the group, but still we need to listen! So perhaps one day that we need the earthquake, fire, and strong wind to break things off. Yet concerning the thread, about how to study the Bible; should that not also be part of your personal relationship? It was only one day a week that the manna from the day before was good for eating. So perhaps one day a week we eat together what was collected before, but the rest of the days we collect what we each need. Therefore "Today" is the day you need to hear from Him.

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

So again, the answer as to who the Bible is for (all the Bible) Yes, YEs, Yes, it is for all of us who have sin in us, meaning all of us period!!

Look at what Paul the Christian man who wrote much of the New Testament wrote:

Rom 7:14,15For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
Rom 7:20,21 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
I find then the principle that evil is present in me
, the one who wants to do good.

If you are in the Truth, you will find out what Paul found out after He came to personally know Jesus Christ! And that is that sin dwells in you, and so there is a principle that evil is present in us Christians!! The way to not be "hardened by the deceitfulness of sin" is to keep close to Jesus Christ by listening to Him!

He once told me this chicken joke:

There were three chickens in the barnyard. A big fat chicken, A medium sized chicken. And a little bitty chicken. Which one did the fox go for?

Answer:
The fox went for the one farthest from the dog, of course!!

It doesn't matter how big a chicken you think you are - the devil is always going to go for the one farthest from God! That is why we encourage each other to listen to the Lord Today!

So why did you write: "Stop preaching for a minute?"

By this point, surly I have spent over 10 hours just trying to get someone to understand that the Bible is about getting us to listen to our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible even has in it an explanation that we should encourage each other to listen for His voice every "Today". Yet some of the biggest fattest chickens (so to speak) don't want to be reminded to listen to Him, so that we have His lessons not ours. When it comes to studying the Bible we first look to other people instead of our Teacher (Jesus Christ). Then we want the power in the blood, and the strong wind, earthquakes, and the first of God when He is in the still small voice. And we think that just because He forgives us our sin that we don't have sin present in us. We think, and we think, but we don't listen to Him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you say you have no sin???

1 Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

So yes, of course 1 Cor 14 is for sinners!! The Bible was given to us! Because if you have the Truth in you, you are made aware of your sin, though it is not counted against you! How do you not know this?

So you answer the question - Do you say that you have no sin????

If so, the truth is not in you!!

So why are you even asking that question? We are all sinners who need our Lord Jesus Christ! And what makes you think I am trying to teach you anything??? I am trying to get you to seek the Teacher and listen to Him!! It is for that reason you are wrong. You are out to teach people what you call "My lessons" - but that you should not do!! If you teach, it should be as instructed by the Teacher, Jesus Christ, so it is His lessons, not yours!

But I have already gone over this with you!! That you need to seek Jesus Christ, because He is the Truth! He is also the Teacher, so why do you not know this? Is it because you need to actually seek the Truth (Jesus Christ) and learn from Him?

Yet as for me, Preaching the Word and that to mean that He is The Word of God, is what He asked me to do! So why do you say to "stop preaching"? Should I listen to you or to Him?

And along that line He asked me to give you this word:

A MITE IS AN ANIMAL THAT GETS UNDER THE SKIN TO GET AT THE BLOOD! THERE IS MIGHT IN THE BLOOD, BUT I WANT A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP THAN THAT.

If you don't understand - know that there are those who like the power in the blood, but they are not looking for that close personal relationship that comes from just walking and talking with Him?

Too many times there are those looking for the earthquake, or fire, or strong wind, but the Lord is in that still small voice that we find in that personal place we get with Him. Is that not the reason you keep thinking of the gifts of the Holy Spirit instead of seeking the small voice of our Lord Jesus Christ?

1 Cor 14 is about a group meeting or gathering. So perhaps one day it is not about that personal relationship, but the interactions of the group, but still we need to listen! So perhaps one day that we need the earthquake, fire, and strong wind to break things off. Yet concerning the thread, about how to study the Bible; should that not also be part of your personal relationship? It was only one day a week that the manna from the day before was good for eating. So perhaps one day a week we eat together what was collected before, but the rest of the days we collect what we each need. Therefore "Today" is the day you need to hear from Him.

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

So again, the answer as to who the Bible is for (all the Bible) Yes, YEs, Yes, it is for all of us who have sin in us, meaning all of us period!!

Look at what Paul the Christian man who wrote much of the New Testament wrote:

Rom 7:14,15For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
Rom 7:20,21 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
I find then the principle that evil is present in me
, the one who wants to do good.

If you are in the Truth, you will find out what Paul found out after He came to personally know Jesus Christ! And that is that sin dwells in you, and so there is a principle that evil is present in us Christians!! The way to not be "hardened by the deceitfulness of sin" is to keep close to Jesus Christ by listening to Him!

He once told me this chicken joke:

There were three chickens in the barnyard. A big fat chicken, A medium sized chicken. And a little bitty chicken. Which one did the fox go for?

Answer:
The fox went for the one farthest from the dog, of course!!

It doesn't matter how big a chicken you think you are - the devil is always going to go for the one farthest from God! That is why we encourage each other to listen to the Lord Today!

So why did you write: "Stop preaching for a minute?"

By this point, surly I have spent over 10 hours just trying to get someone to understand that the Bible is about getting us to listen to our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible even has in it an explanation that we should encourage each other to listen for His voice every "Today". Yet some of the biggest fattest chickens (so to speak) don't want to be reminded to listen to Him, so that we have His lessons not ours. When it comes to studying the Bible we first look to other people instead of our Teacher (Jesus Christ). Then we want the power in the blood, and the strong wind, earthquakes, and the first of God when He is in the still small voice. And we think that just because He forgives us our sin that we don't have sin present in us. We think, and we think, but we don't listen to Him.
I take it that is a yes.

You teach sinners 1 Cor 14.

You have no idea that it is a letter to saved saints.

You are the classic example of why a person needs my Bible study .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it that is a yes.

You teach sinners 1 Cor 14.

You have no idea that it is a letter to saved saints.

You are the classic example of why a person needs my Bible study .

I know I gave you lots of information, but obviously you didn't read any of it!!

How did you miss that fact that saints are sinners!!! Over and over and over that was proved to you - yet you wanted me to answer you question - and you didn't read the answer - and showed you a question that you needed to answer, which you did not answer either!

1 Corinthians - and that does not mean just chapter 14 (which has nothing directly to do wit this thread) is is absolutely not a letter "save saints"!!!!! To even think that shows a big problem in your life - the very problem I was writing about - that you need to listen to Jesus Christ!

Saints are His sheep, and His sheep hear His voice!! Now some don't hear Him like they should, but never-the-less they do hear His voice, because they believe He is there to be heard from! There were saints in Corinth, and they hear His voice! Not like they should have, but they heard His voice. So they didn't need saving, they need to correction!!!

A Shepard that has sheep looks over the sheep and give them correction! The Good Shepard, Jesus Christ, explained that He would not lose any of those given to Him by the Father!! So we see a letter of correction, not of salvation. As His sheep they were going to be saved, but sheep need guidance. How do you not know this?

It is because you need correction? Hopefully it is not because you need salvation and have not come to believe in Him who is always with you? Still, His sheep do understand that He sends correction. So those sheep of the Lord's at Corinth got a letter because they needed correction, and perhaps there were even some that really needed to get to know the Lord by faith?

So if you do occasionally hear from Jesus Christ, but don't listen like you should, perhaps you need to know that He does not loose any of His sheep (the Saints), but if you don't actually hear the Lord via the small voice of His, then you do need salvation which comes from faith in Him (Jesus Christ)

Either way, you are wrong to think that saints does have Jesus (God's salvation), and wrong to think my writing suggested that. I can tell you the number of times I notice how I too go astray and then He comes and talks to me. It turns out that He is alwasy with me and always looking after me. Still, I have at times told Him, "Lord, I don't know how you are going to get me to heaven?" He always promptly answers something like, "Get over it Karl. You are going with me."

Silly - it is not any letter that saves us, it is Him! I don't even know how anyone spending much time with Him would not know that??

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you usually do bible study? Do you just read through the bible as it is? Do you make use of commentaries? I usually just read through the bible as it is, but want to go deeper in depth with my bible study. Will appreciate all helps I can get!

Never read scriptures out of context. Always read one book all the way through and see the apostles intent in writing the book in the first place. Also keep your eyes open for key words.

For instance, 1 John 1 has caused many debates, when 1 John 4:1-3 (about Gnostics) is the reason for writing the whole book on sin. The Gnostics were trying to infiltrate the churches, so even though John uses "we" that includes those who have twisted the gospel in his congregation. Not everyone in any congregation are actually a born again Christian. You can recognize the Gnostic view in 1 John 1:8. You see, a Gnostic sees sin (the subject of the book) as only the sins of the spirit are counted as sin, BUT sins of the flesh are not sins at all. So they are lying to themselves and actually walking in darkness. Now the key word I mentioned is "say" and "says." I'll give you an example of the difference between walking the walk in the Light/God, and just talking the talk but thinking as a Gnostic.

I'll take chapter 2 and then chapter 1.

1 John 2:
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. 8 Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.

9 He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Okay, no you can more easily understand the first chapter whose verses 8 and 10 have been read as if they are Christians, but are actually Gnostics. (verse 9 is how to become a Christian). Remember God must be on your inside, not just on the outside still drawing people to Christ. Romans 8:9

1 John 1:
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

I hope this helps. If it does and you would like, you can ask me anything in a private message and I'll help you. Most people on this site do not know advanced theology as I do, and invariably will quote 1 John 1:8 and relate it to themselves as a Christian. Makes me wonder if they ever did verse 9? Or if, instead, instead of being free from sin, they continue to be in a vicious cycle of sin, repent, sin, repent, sin, repent ad infinitum. That is not what is meant. 1 John 1:9 and Acts 2:38 are comparable to receive the Holy Spirit once and for all. Read 1 John 1:7. That is how a true Christian lives.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view, you must become very familiar with the scriptures first of all so you can be knowledgeable enough to recall scriptures, not necessarily verbatim, but generally what they said and where they may be found, because you must tie scriptures together to get the complete meaning in a great many instances. Scripture is such that you typically won't find a complete answer in a one liner anywhere. This is why many people get confused, because they cherry pick scripture by reading and relying upon what one says but ignoring what others say on the same topic, skewing their belief. When they do this, it then appears that scripture contradicts or conflicts with other scripture which cannot be the case. You must be able to tie ALL pertinent scriptures together to get a composit and correct view or understanding of the subject matter.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I gave you lots of information, but obviously you didn't read any of it!!

How did you miss that fact that saints are sinners!!! Over and over and over that was proved to you - yet you wanted me to answer you question - and you didn't read the answer - and showed you a question that you needed to answer, which you did not answer either!

1 Corinthians - and that does not mean just chapter 14 (which has nothing directly to do wit this thread) is is absolutely not a letter "save saints"!!!!! To even think that shows a big problem in your life - the very problem I was writing about - that you need to listen to Jesus Christ!

Saints are His sheep, and His sheep hear His voice!! Now some don't hear Him like they should, but never-the-less they do hear His voice, because they believe He is there to be heard from! There were saints in Corinth, and they hear His voice! Not like they should have, but they heard His voice. So they didn't need saving, they need to correction!!!

A Shepard that has sheep looks over the sheep and give them correction! The Good Shepard, Jesus Christ, explained that He would not lose any of those given to Him by the Father!! So we see a letter of correction, not of salvation. As His sheep they were going to be saved, but sheep need guidance. How do you not know this?

It is because you need correction? Hopefully it is not because you need salvation and have not come to believe in Him who is always with you? Still, His sheep do understand that He sends correction. So those sheep of the Lord's at Corinth got a letter because they needed correction, and perhaps there were even some that really needed to get to know the Lord by faith?

So if you do occasionally hear from Jesus Christ, but don't listen like you should, perhaps you need to know that He does not loose any of His sheep (the Saints), but if you don't actually hear the Lord via the small voice of His, then you do need salvation which comes from faith in Him (Jesus Christ)

Either way, you are wrong to think that saints does have Jesus (God's salvation), and wrong to think my writing suggested that. I can tell you the number of times I notice how I too go astray and then He comes and talks to me. It turns out that He is alwasy with me and always looking after me. Still, I have at times told Him, "Lord, I don't know how you are going to get me to heaven?" He always promptly answers something like, "Get over it Karl. You are going with me."

Silly - it is not any letter that saves us, it is Him! I don't even know how anyone spending much time with Him would not know that??
I am saying the scripturally ignorant sinners are who you are teaching 1 Cor 14.

It is actually called an epistle to the saints.

Sinners are not allowed to read them.

They must read the gospels, then obey Acts 2:38, then they qualify for the rest of the books(epistles to the saints).

Believe it or not, that is the order of the NT you own.

The reason you do not know this is because you need this lesson...

• Haha
Reactions: Jay Ross

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying the scripturally ignorant sinners are who you are teaching 1 Cor 14.

It is actually called an epistle to the saints.

Sinners are not allowed to read them.

They must read the gospels, then obey Acts 2:38, then they qualify for the rest of the books(epistles to the saints).

Believe it or not, that is the order of the NT you own.

The reason you do not know this is because you need this lesson...

Where do you get this information??

Who are you listening to??

The Bible was written to men!!!!

And all men are sinners!!

So to say "Sinners are not allowed to read them", or even any part of them is just silliness!!

And to think we "obey" the Scriptures is just to show who far off you understanding of the Bible really is!!

His sheep (the real saints) hear His voice and obey Him!!!

We are not obeying a Scriptures; we are we are fulling the Law of God by obeying God personally!! His sheep really do hear His voice!

Everything you are writing shows a huge problem, and that is that you are not seeking Jesus Christ for what He has to say to you!!

You wrote "My lessons", but the message we are bring is God's message!! And that is "Hear, O Israel", or like the Father said the mountian "This is My Son in whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

Understand that message, which it does not seem you do, and you understand the basic message the Bible has, including the message in 1 Cor 14!!

Still you wrote that the Bible was the word of God, so I used the Scriptures (Is 29) to point out that if a person doesn't listen to the Lord then the word of God to them we be the line on line of text written in an order on order method so they will get it alittle here and there, That is as opposed to hearing by faith our Lord Jesus Christ, who never leave us! He is the Word of God and anyone truely listening to Him would know that, as should anyone truly studying the Bible!! He is clothes with a robe dipped in blood and His name is called "The Word of God" (Rev 19:13)

And you still want to think about teaching??? I also gave showed you that according to the Bible a person is not qualified to teach if they are dull of hearing. (Heb 5) So you are not qualified to teach, according to the Scriptures, and what you write shows that, but further more, what the Lord has to say verifies that.

So you write, "Believe it or not, that is the order of the NT you own" - showing you don't even understand that we are not believing and "it" we are believing a person - Him - Jesus Christ!! It is written that whosoever believes in HIm - not it - Him!!

Which is why Jesus told the Jews (those people called by God)

Jn 5:39 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Christian are grafted into the Jews root, so do we act like them or learn from the mistake that other people called by God made??

Oh, but you like the epistle, those letter written to the early churches. So perhaps I should use something from the epistle for you - not that I have not already done so, but maybe again?

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

So when we write, to we preach Jesus Christ and hearing from Him? We do if we hear from Him, but we don't if we turned back to trying to fulfill the Scriptures by our own understanding - like "My lessons", and like calling the Bible the word of God instead of Jesus Christ. like thinking that Christians are not sinners whose sins are not counted against them, or like thinking the Bible was not written to sinner, or by thinking our faith is in "it" (the sacred writings) as opposed to Him who we hear from!

Gal 3:1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Do you not understand that you are publicly saying Jesus Christ is dead? So indeed, like Paul this is, and has been through out this thread - Did you receive the Spirit by works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Do you still not understand that is what I have been saying and asking you the whole time? Indeed, that is what the Bible says and asks of us all the way through!!

Honestly, your answer seems to be a clear "NO"!

Honestly, I am telling you about the Truth; and He again told me this morning, during my time I sit aside every morning for Him while sitting in my favorite chair. that He wanted me to come back again this morning to the forum! He love you, and desires that you and Him spend time talking to each other, but He needs you to listen to Him!!

So please, let the next thing I get from you is a testimony about how you have started meeting personally with our Lord Jesus Christ. If you have a favorite chair in a quiet place; that is a nice place to meet with Him but remember to seek His voice and listen. Because if indeed you do make it about hearing with faith He will send His Holy Spirit with His personal words for you!!

If you start listening the lesson you have will be His lessons, so you won't write "My Lessons". If you start listening to Him you will get to know Him as the word of God, as opposed to the Bible which also has words from Satan in it - remember that Satan tempted Jesus by telling Him to make bread our of those stones in the desert? You know about the stones in the desert that Moses brought down the mountain, right? Still, understand that Jesus reproves those He loves (Rev 3:19), so that when you seek Him and listen He is going to help you be giving you reproof, indeed He has already asked me to tell you to listen to Him. That does not change. His reproof helps us, which is why He is called our Teacher and Wonderful Counselor! So if you start listening to Him you will know that our faith is not in an 'it', the Scriptures - as if the Scriptures were what we are obeying! Our faith is in Jesus Christ who we His sheep hear from!! Believe in Him, and know that faith comes form hearing Him!! (Rom 10)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get this information??

Who are you listening to??

The Bible was written to men!!!!

And all men are sinners!!

So to say "Sinners are not allowed to read them", or even any part of them is just silliness!!

And to think we "obey" the Scriptures is just to show who far off you understanding of the Bible really is!!

His sheep (the real saints) hear His voice and obey Him!!!

We are not obeying a Scriptures; we are we are fulling the Law of God by obeying God personally!! His sheep really do hear His voice!

Everything you are writing shows a huge problem, and that is that you are not seeking Jesus Christ for what He has to say to you!!

You wrote "My lessons", but the message we are bring is God's message!! And that is "Hear, O Israel", or like the Father said the mountian "This is My Son in whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!"

Understand that message, which it does not seem you do, and you understand the basic message the Bible has, including the message in 1 Cor 14!!

Still you wrote that the Bible was the word of God, so I used the Scriptures (Is 29) to point out that if a person doesn't listen to the Lord then the word of God to them we be the line on line of text written in an order on order method so they will get it alittle here and there, That is as opposed to hearing by faith our Lord Jesus Christ, who never leave us! He is the Word of God and anyone truely listening to Him would know that, as should anyone truly studying the Bible!! He is clothes with a robe dipped in blood and His name is called "The Word of God" (Rev 19:13)

And you still want to think about teaching??? I also gave showed you that according to the Bible a person is not qualified to teach if they are dull of hearing. (Heb 5) So you are not qualified to teach, according to the Scriptures, and what you write shows that, but further more, what the Lord has to say verifies that.

So you write, "Believe it or not, that is the order of the NT you own" - showing you don't even understand that we are not believing and "it" we are believing a person - Him - Jesus Christ!! It is written that whosoever believes in HIm - not it - Him!!

Which is why Jesus told the Jews (those people called by God)

Jn 5:39 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Christian are grafted into the Jews root, so do we act like them or learn from the mistake that other people called by God made??

Oh, but you like the epistle, those letter written to the early churches. So perhaps I should use something from the epistle for you - not that I have not already done so, but maybe again?

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

So when we write, to we preach Jesus Christ and hearing from Him? We do if we hear from Him, but we don't if we turned back to trying to fulfill the Scriptures by our own understanding - like "My lessons", and like calling the Bible the word of God instead of Jesus Christ. like thinking that Christians are not sinners whose sins are not counted against them, or like thinking the Bible was not written to sinner, or by thinking our faith is in "it" (the sacred writings) as opposed to Him who we hear from!

Gal 3:1,2 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Do you not understand that you are publicly saying Jesus Christ is dead? So indeed, like Paul this is, and has been through out this thread - Did you receive the Spirit by works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Do you still not understand that is what I have been saying and asking you the whole time? Indeed, that is what the Bible says and asks of us all the way through!!

Honestly, your answer seems to be a clear "NO"!

Honestly, I am telling you about the Truth; and He again told me this morning, during my time I sit aside every morning for Him while sitting in my favorite chair. that He wanted me to come back again this morning to the forum! He love you, and desires that you and Him spend time talking to each other, but He needs you to listen to Him!!

So please, let the next thing I get from you is a testimony about how you have started meeting personally with our Lord Jesus Christ. If you have a favorite chair in a quiet place; that is a nice place to meet with Him but remember to seek His voice and listen. Because if indeed you do make it about hearing with faith He will send His Holy Spirit with His personal words for you!!

If you start listening the lesson you have will be His lessons, so you won't write "My Lessons". If you start listening to Him you will get to know Him as the word of God, as opposed to the Bible which also has words from Satan in it - remember that Satan tempted Jesus by telling Him to make bread our of those stones in the desert? You know about the stones in the desert that Moses brought down the mountain, right? Still, understand that Jesus reproves those He loves (Rev 3:19), so that when you seek Him and listen He is going to help you be giving you reproof, indeed He has already asked me to tell you to listen to Him. That does not change. His reproof helps us, which is why He is called our Teacher and Wonderful Counselor! So if you start listening to Him you will know that our faith is not in an 'it', the Scriptures - as if the Scriptures were what we are obeying! Our faith is in Jesus Christ who we His sheep hear from!! Believe in Him, and know that faith comes form hearing Him!! (Rom 10)

You need to take a 5 minute look at this....

Just 5 measly minutes is all.

It will make sense.

I put it together in the spring.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to take a 5 minute look at this....

Just 5 measly minutes is all.

It will make sense.

I put it together in the spring.
Yeah - that video shows me exactly what is wrong with your thinking!!

For example it starts of with the false assumption that the Old Testament was to quote: "Oh that we might find Him"

Yes - that was a problem many had in the Old Testament, even Job, because remember Job had not repented until the Lord showed up to him later in the book of Job. That was not true of all those speaking with Job, because the youngest (Elihu) of the group had already found the Lord and was getting his words from the Lord!! Where as those older and seemingly wiser and who really had no excuse for not knowing the Lord did not know Him. So the Lord was angry with everyone but the youngest (Elihu), including Job!,They needed prayer and repentance!!

From Elihu we read:
Job 36:3 “I will fetch my knowledge from afar,
And I will ascribe righteousness to my Maker
Job 36:10 He opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they return from evil. If they hear and serve Him, They will end their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure.

So Elihu was not saying "Oh that we might find Him", but that is being said by the person in your video still does not know Him!! So he does not mention "I will fetch my knowledge from afar," nor does he say "He opens their ears to instruction, and "if they hear and serve Him!! And he is so sillly as to even say that a person has to go through Acts to read the other verses!! So he doesn't make sense, as if anyone could't read where ever they wanted! Just silliness! And he talks about being born again but shows no sign that He has!

Jn 3:8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

He does not mention hearing!! So what makes you think that man in the video does hear words the words of our Lord Jesus Christ via the Holy Spirit?? What he is doing is just preaching the Bible, which is not what Elihu was preaching. Elihu was saying, "If they hear", where as you and that man are saying, 'if they read'. It is not the same, so who is hearing and who is thinking the Scriptures are going to save them?? The man in the video seems just like you and both of you (if it is not you) seem like those with Job who the Lord was angry with, and Elihu was not one the Lord was angry with!!

Read Job again and see that the Lord does show up, back there in the Old Testament! So maybe Job once was saying "Oh that we might find Him", but Job just had not sought the Lord like Elihu did, so read how the Lord talked to Job and his friends and note that there is no indication that Lord was ever upset with Elihu!!\

Then the LORD said to Job,

Job 40:1 “Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Let him who reproves God answer it.”

It doesn't sound like I would want to be Job at that moment!!! But the Lord, our Lord the Christ, was always there, and there to be found!! But as least Job got smart quick!

Job 42:4 ‘Hear, now, and I will speak; I will ask You, and You instruct me.’

Job finally figured out, even in that Old Testament time, that he needed to hear now! Job needed to get his instructions from the voice of the Lord!! And that is right! That is exactly what I have been telling you, just like Elihu told them! You and your friends need to get smart like Elihu, least the Lord come down and show His anger to you!

And what about the other there?

Job 42:47 It came about after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, that the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is kindled against you and against your two friends, because you have not spoken of Me what is right as My servant Job has.

It doesn't get much clearer than that! If you don't start making it about actually getting your instructions from Him, like Job finally realized and like Elihu already knew, then He, Our Lord Jesus Christ, is going to be angry with you!!!

Job 42:7 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the LORD told them; and the LORD accepted Job.

You see - Elihu was not among those the Lord was angry with, even though he was part of the conversation that took place in the book of Job!! And I tell you truly, it is because Elihu was 'fetching his knowledge from afar and ascribing righteousness to his maker!! Elihu had already know about hearing the Lord and getting instructions from Him!! So Elihu testified as much.!!

Did I not tell you over and over that the Lord has instructed me to write to you about listening to Him?? Those are my instructions, and so when are you going to actually turn to the voice of the Lord and quite leaning on your own understanding??

If you care to believe it, that understanding about Elihu was a teaching the Lord had gone over with me years ago. I got it because I was reading the Bible and asking the Lord to explain things in Job to me. Specifically,, I was asking about why the Lord let Job go through all that he did? The answer was that while Job was trying to do his best best upon his own understanding, he had never actually sought the voice of the Lord. Therefore it was necessary to God to let Job be brought low so that Job might then start looking for the Lord - which is what you see in the statement ""Oh that we might find Him"!

So does the Lord need to let you be brought low like Job before you cry out "Of that we might find Him",

I would not recommend it!! But that happened to me over twenty years ago!! Despite my best efforts, my marriage fell apart. The devil must have gotten into it! Then one day I found myself trying to talk to the Lord in front of my house and was saying, "Ok God, what are you trying to tell me?" I was listening with my physical ears, but I did not understand about listening with my spiritual ears. Nobody had explained about that. Those at church talked just like you do. So about a month later He came into my life with a powerful voice saying, "Read Your Bible", but He was not the Bible. I learned to hear from Him and I found out that He was the Teacher, the Lord, they Word of God... and we became friends. He tells me He loves me and talks to me everyday! So I know that people need to know Him, and that is exactly what the Bible says. The understanding in the Bible is the He, as the Great I AM, is always there to talk to us. So why Oh why do you keep trying to point people to the Bible instead of Him who will explain it to you!!!

That is just plain silliness!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People - all you people who call yourselves Christians: You need to read the Bible and study the Bible with your Lord Jesus Christ, and then listen to what He has to say to you!!!

If you can tell others things He was pointing out to you, then you didn't seek Him and listen to Him - or did you think He wasn't there for you??

Yeah, test the spirits (See 1 Jn 4:1-3) but always remember that He is there for you to hear from, if you can just believe it!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah - that video shows me exactly what is wrong with your thinking!!

For example it starts of with the false assumption that the Old Testament was to quote: "Oh that we might find Him"

Yes - that was a problem many had in the Old Testament, even Job, because remember Job had not repented until the Lord showed up to him later in the book of Job. That was not true of all those speaking with Job, because the youngest (Elihu) of the group had already found the Lord and was getting his words from the Lord!! Where as those older and seemingly wiser and who really had no excuse for not knowing the Lord did not know Him. So the Lord was angry with everyone but the youngest (Elihu), including Job!,They needed prayer and repentance!!

From Elihu we read:
Job 36:3 “I will fetch my knowledge from afar,
And I will ascribe righteousness to my Maker
Job 36:10 He opens their ear to instruction, And commands that they return from evil. If they hear and serve Him, They will end their days in prosperity and their years in pleasure.

So Elihu was not saying "Oh that we might find Him", but that is being said by the person in your video still does not know Him!! So he does not mention "I will fetch my knowledge from afar," nor does he say "He opens their ears to instruction, and "if they hear and serve Him!! And he is so sillly as to even say that a person has to go through Acts to read the other verses!! So he doesn't make sense, as if anyone could't read where ever they wanted! Just silliness! And he talks about being born again but shows no sign that He has!

Jn 3:8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

He does not mention hearing!! So what makes you think that man in the video does hear words the words of our Lord Jesus Christ via the Holy Spirit?? What he is doing is just preaching the Bible, which is not what Elihu was preaching. Elihu was saying, "If they hear", where as you and that man are saying, 'if they read'. It is not the same, so who is hearing and who is thinking the Scriptures are going to save them?? The man in the video seems just like you and both of you (if it is not you) seem like those with Job who the Lord was angry with, and Elihu was not one the Lord was angry with!!

Read Job again and see that the Lord does show up, back there in the Old Testament! So maybe Job once was saying "Oh that we might find Him", but Job just had not sought the Lord like Elihu did, so read how the Lord talked to Job and his friends and note that there is no indication that Lord was ever upset with Elihu!!\

Then the LORD said to Job,

Job 40:1 “Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Let him who reproves God answer it.”

It doesn't sound like I would want to be Job at that moment!!! But the Lord, our Lord the Christ, was always there, and there to be found!! But as least Job got smart quick!

Job 42:4 ‘Hear, now, and I will speak; I will ask You, and You instruct me.’

Job finally figured out, even in that Old Testament time, that he needed to hear now! Job needed to get his instructions from the voice of the Lord!! And that is right! That is exactly what I have been telling you, just like Elihu told them! You and your friends need to get smart like Elihu, least the Lord come down and show His anger to you!

And what about the other there?

Job 42:47 It came about after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, that the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is kindled against you and against your two friends, because you have not spoken of Me what is right as My servant Job has.

It doesn't get much clearer than that! If you don't start making it about actually getting your instructions from Him, like Job finally realized and like Elihu already knew, then He, Our Lord Jesus Christ, is going to be angry with you!!!

Job 42:7 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the LORD told them; and the LORD accepted Job.

You see - Elihu was not among those the Lord was angry with, even though he was part of the conversation that took place in the book of Job!! And I tell you truly, it is because Elihu was 'fetching his knowledge from afar and ascribing righteousness to his maker!! Elihu had already know about hearing the Lord and getting instructions from Him!! So Elihu testified as much.!!

Did I not tell you over and over that the Lord has instructed me to write to you about listening to Him?? Those are my instructions, and so when are you going to actually turn to the voice of the Lord and quite leaning on your own understanding??

If you care to believe it, that understanding about Elihu was a teaching the Lord had gone over with me years ago. I got it because I was reading the Bible and asking the Lord to explain things in Job to me. Specifically,, I was asking about why the Lord let Job go through all that he did? The answer was that while Job was trying to do his best best upon his own understanding, he had never actually sought the voice of the Lord. Therefore it was necessary to God to let Job be brought low so that Job might then start looking for the Lord - which is what you see in the statement ""Oh that we might find Him"!

So does the Lord need to let you be brought low like Job before you cry out "Of that we might find Him",

I would not recommend it!! But that happened to me over twenty years ago!! Despite my best efforts, my marriage fell apart. The devil must have gotten into it! Then one day I found myself trying to talk to the Lord in front of my house and was saying, "Ok God, what are you trying to tell me?" I was listening with my physical ears, but I did not understand about listening with my spiritual ears. Nobody had explained about that. Those at church talked just like you do. So about a month later He came into my life with a powerful voice saying, "Read Your Bible", but He was not the Bible. I learned to hear from Him and I found out that He was the Teacher, the Lord, they Word of God... and we became friends. He tells me He loves me and talks to me everyday! So I know that people need to know Him, and that is exactly what the Bible says. The understanding in the Bible is the He, as the Great I AM, is always there to talk to us. So why Oh why do you keep trying to point people to the Bible instead of Him who will explain it to you!!!

That is just plain silliness!!!
You could not even watch the entire thing? All you saw was the intro?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could not even watch the entire thing? All you saw was the intro?
No - you are wrong again. I watched what you gave me, but even the very beginning had so much wrong, like the people in the Old Testament were saying they couldn't find God, that I didn't need to go father and didn't have time. That alone was all I needed to show you that you still are not seeking the Lord Jesus Christ.

The video then talked briefly about tongue, which I already had pointed out in an earlier post, was designed, as were all the other gifts of the Holy Spirit, to get you to seek the voice of the Lord. You apparently didn't read that part either, otherwise you would not have included it.

And another part that almost made me laugh was how the New Testament was written in an orderly manor. I covered that too with you in an earlier post, but you didn't understand or read that either. I will help you again with that because I am sure you don't understand the problem of leaning on your own understanding! When you do that you massively underestimate the understanding of God!!! In fact both tongues and the order thing was covered in the same place! I will put down a bit more for you, but from what I have noticed, you will not take it the Lord for help understanding. I will cover it briefly with you, but you will likely not understand unless you start actually talking to the Lord, but here it is:

Is 28: 9-12 To whom would He teach knowledge,
And to whom would He interpret the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just taken from the breast?
“For He says,
‘Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there.’”
Indeed, He will speak to this people
Through stammering lips and a foreign tongue
He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

Ok - The Lord does have an order to what He does! That is certain, but His thoughts are not your thoughts!!! As high as the heavens are above the earth to are His thoughts above your thoughts!! So because people (His people) do not actually seek Him and listen to Him, He has to make the order He does thing very very elementary in the beginning. That is the order the Bible has!! And thus the order you talked about. However if you get to listening to Him and get to know Him He can go on to more advanced things. This goes back to Heb 5 which you didn't pay attention to either, otherwise you would not still be writing me, and instead you would already be seeking the voice of the Lord for explanations!

So the first; ' order on order Line on line, a little hear and little there is Him dealing with new Christians!! For the new Christian the Lord just needs them to read the Bible and He will start getting into their lives more and more! That means they will start hearing from Him more and more and better and better! Yet some do not really want to listen to Him. That is were we read the "He will speak to His people"! And one of the ways He speaks to His people is "through stammering lips and a foreign tongue!! There is were you see the gift of tongues - all the way back in the Old Testament!

The idea of Him speaking to them in tongues = meaning the Holy Spirit actually has them speaking in those stammering lips of theirs and in a language that they do not understand is so they might start seeking His voice for words in their own language!! That is to say He wants to have conversations with them, and to get them to consider it, He starts by arousing their curiosity!! I explain this before to you! The main reason, but not the only reason, but the main reason the Spirit gives people the
gift of tongues is so they will ask Him what is being said and then listen to Him!!!!!

That is why I gave you 1 Cor 14: 13 Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

It should be obvious, because who starts speaking things they don't understand and still doesn't seek the Lord for and explanation/interpretation??

Actually, lots of people don't, which is pretty amazing when you think about it! They just refuse to believe He can, will, and wants to talk to them! So most Christians that have read 1 Cor 14:13 still fail to think about asking the Lord for what is going on when they speak in tongues!! Therefore
"they will not listen"

No matter what you tell them, and how often, or how much logic you use to explain that we need to seek the voice of the Lord and listen to Him, they just will not accept it!!

So, what happens after that is the Scriptures/Bible becomes the word of God to them!! If they won't listen to the voice of the Lord speaking to them in words there really is no other choice for them but to turn to the Scriptures!! So we read "

And sadly that is what you we see in the video. You already called the Bible the word of God, and then you still send me back to explaining about the orderly way the Bible is written??? That happens because you " would not listen" to the voice of the Lord!! And then what happens is that you go and stumble backwards, you are broken, snared and taken captive!
A RELGIOUS SPIRIT GETS YOU. SO YOU MAKE WHAT YOU CALL "MY LESSONS", BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW JESUS CHRIST AS THE WORD OF GOD BECAUSE YOU WON'T LISTEN TO HIM!

I know I am sounding really harsh, but I am not meaning to be. I am meaning to turn you to our Lord Jesus Christ in order to listen to Him!! Yes, He has an order. I starts with calling people to Him. It often involves speaking to them in tongues, even though their own lips, yet that is to get them seeking Him for words they can understand from them. Yet He knows they will not listen, and so He knows that they will go back to the Law/Scriptures for eternal life! But that is not going to get it done for them, so He has it set up that they go stumbling backward and are taken captive by what we can call a religious spirit. At some point they are going to realize that is not for them either! Then He is going to come back into their lives and see if the might change their minds about listening to Him!!

That is where we are at now. He keeps telling me to keep writing you. You are indeed very important to Him!! But you need to really start actually seeking His voice!! You need to stop asking me questions and really and truely start asking Him questions and start listening for the small voice of His!!!!

And it is not just you! How many people write in about studying the Bible but don't show any indication of actually seeking Jesus Christ as their Teacher?? Clearly it's most of the people posting hear, but He may and does and an order to how He is going to draw them back to Him!!

For all I know, my writing you over and over about listening to Him, might not help you at all, but perhaps He knows that someone else is going to read some of this and it will change their life. That is not for me to worry about, I just need to do what He asks, but to do that we first have to actually seek His voice for the instructions He has for us!

All the prophets of Old understood, like Isaiah, understood this. It is not about knowing the Bible it is about personally knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord, which means listening to Him!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - you are wrong again. I watched what you gave me, but even the very beginning had so much wrong, like the people in the Old Testament were saying they couldn't find God, that I didn't need to go father and didn't have time. That alone was all I needed to show you that you still are not seeking the Lord Jesus Christ.

The video then talked briefly about tongue, which I already had pointed out in an earlier post, was designed, as were all the other gifts of the Holy Spirit, to get you to seek the voice of the Lord. You apparently didn't read that part either, otherwise you would not have included it.

And another part that almost made me laugh was how the New Testament was written in an orderly manor. I covered that too with you in an earlier post, but you didn't understand or read that either. I will help you again with that because I am sure you don't understand the problem of leaning on your own understanding! When you do that you massively underestimate the understanding of God!!! In fact both tongues and the order thing was covered in the same place! I will put down a bit more for you, but from what I have noticed, you will not take it the Lord for help understanding. I will cover it briefly with you, but you will likely not understand unless you start actually talking to the Lord, but here it is:

Is 28: 9-12 To whom would He teach knowledge,
And to whom would He interpret the message?
Those just weaned from milk?
Those just taken from the breast?
“For He says,
‘Order on order, order on order,
A little here, a little there.’”
Indeed, He will speak to this people
Through stammering lips and a foreign tongue
He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.

Ok - The Lord does have an order to what He does! That is certain, but His thoughts are not your thoughts!!! As high as the heavens are above the earth to are His thoughts above your thoughts!! So because people (His people) do not actually seek Him and listen to Him, He has to make the order He does thing very very elementary in the beginning. That is the order the Bible has!! And thus the order you talked about. However if you get to listening to Him and get to know Him He can go on to more advanced things. This goes back to Heb 5 which you didn't pay attention to either, otherwise you would not still be writing me, and instead you would already be seeking the voice of the Lord for explanations!

So the first; ' order on order Line on line, a little hear and little there is Him dealing with new Christians!! For the new Christian the Lord just needs them to read the Bible and He will start getting into their lives more and more! That means they will start hearing from Him more and more and better and better! Yet some do not really want to listen to Him. That is were we read the "He will speak to His people"! And one of the ways He speaks to His people is "through stammering lips and a foreign tongue!! There is were you see the gift of tongues - all the way back in the Old Testament!

The idea of Him speaking to them in tongues = meaning the Holy Spirit actually has them speaking in those stammering lips of theirs and in a language that they do not understand is so they might start seeking His voice for words in their own language!! That is to say He wants to have conversations with them, and to get them to consider it, He starts by arousing their curiosity!! I explain this before to you! The main reason, but not the only reason, but the main reason the Spirit gives people the
gift of tongues is so they will ask Him what is being said and then listen to Him!!!!!

That is why I gave you 1 Cor 14: 13 Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

It should be obvious, because who starts speaking things they don't understand and still doesn't seek the Lord for and explanation/interpretation??

Actually, lots of people don't, which is pretty amazing when you think about it! They just refuse to believe He can, will, and wants to talk to them! So most Christians that have read 1 Cor 14:13 still fail to think about asking the Lord for what is going on when they speak in tongues!! Therefore
"they will not listen"

No matter what you tell them, and how often, or how much logic you use to explain that we need to seek the voice of the Lord and listen to Him, they just will not accept it!!

So, what happens after that is the Scriptures/Bible becomes the word of God to them!! If they won't listen to the voice of the Lord speaking to them in words there really is no other choice for them but to turn to the Scriptures!! So we read "

And sadly that is what you we see in the video. You already called the Bible the word of God, and then you still send me back to explaining about the orderly way the Bible is written??? That happens because you " would not listen" to the voice of the Lord!! And then what happens is that you go and stumble backwards, you are broken, snared and taken captive!
A RELGIOUS SPIRIT GETS YOU. SO YOU MAKE WHAT YOU CALL "MY LESSONS", BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW JESUS CHRIST AS THE WORD OF GOD BECAUSE YOU WON'T LISTEN TO HIM!

I know I am sounding really harsh, but I am not meaning to be. I am meaning to turn you to our Lord Jesus Christ in order to listen to Him!! Yes, He has an order. I starts with calling people to Him. It often involves speaking to them in tongues, even though their own lips, yet that is to get them seeking Him for words they can understand from them. Yet He knows they will not listen, and so He knows that they will go back to the Law/Scriptures for eternal life! But that is not going to get it done for them, so He has it set up that they go stumbling backward and are taken captive by what we can call a religious spirit. At some point they are going to realize that is not for them either! Then He is going to come back into their lives and see if the might change their minds about listening to Him!!

That is where we are at now. He keeps telling me to keep writing you. You are indeed very important to Him!! But you need to really start actually seeking His voice!! You need to stop asking me questions and really and truely start asking Him questions and start listening for the small voice of His!!!!

And it is not just you! How many people write in about studying the Bible but don't show any indication of actually seeking Jesus Christ as their Teacher?? Clearly it's most of the people posting hear, but He may and does and an order to how He is going to draw them back to Him!!

For all I know, my writing you over and over about listening to Him, might not help you at all, but perhaps He knows that someone else is going to read some of this and it will change their life. That is not for me to worry about, I just need to do what He asks, but to do that we first have to actually seek His voice for the instructions He has for us!

All the prophets of Old understood, like Isaiah, understood this. It is not about knowing the Bible it is about personally knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord, which means listening to Him!!
The people in the OT could not get the Holy Ghost en masse as we can today.

That is what I said.

I also explained how you are forbidden to attempt to apply the Epistles to your life if you have not obeyed Acts 2:38.

Thats a fact.

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My way of doing a bible study is first pick a subject. Take that subject and line it up with scriptures in the bible. Think of questions to add on to the subject. With the questions have more scriptures for those questions. If it's a home bible study. Besides them answering your question. Let them read a little from the scriptures or the section you're teaching from. That gives them a chance to participate. The best bible study I ever did was titled food.

Reactions: MatthewG

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people in the OT could not get the Holy Ghost en masse as we can today.

That is what I said.

I also explained how you are forbidden to attempt to apply the Epistles to your life if you have not obeyed Acts 2:38.

Thats a fact.

No that is wrong!!!

God has not changed!!!!

He was always loving. He was always forgiving. He was always understanding. And He was always omni-present.

That is why those how sought God found God, but sin keeps us from seeking God, and that is true today. Jesus went to the cross to show us how much He loves us!

Now because the people said from the foot of the mountain, "Let not God speak to us..." God gave them the Law. So even then if somehow the people could follow the Law of God then they could get to heaven. Of course that was not going to be possible for them, because the very first thing in the Law is the you shall love the Lord your God, and they couldn't do that!!!!

If you indeed love someone who is always around, meaning omni-present, then you are going to talk to them! And if that person is God then you are going to listen to Him!! So anyone saying, "Let not God speak to us.." like the people at the foot of the mountain of God, do not love God!!! And God is certainly smart enough to understand that, even if you are not!!

So, the Law was not given to get them to God or heaven, but rather to show them their sin!! It is sin to not listen to the King, and they were not willing to do that. That is how people are - all of us!! So the Law, the cross, and all the Lord puts in front of us was all meant to turn us back to God, and that at all times!!

A few people did understand the love God has for us, and they have always been those who sought God, just like mentioned above. If you love the Lord your God you will seek Him, and it was written that all those who seek find. Did you not even read Isaiah??????

Is 1:2,3 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth; For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up, But they have revolted against Me.
“An ox knows its owner, And a donkey its master’s manger,
But Israel does not know, My people do not understand.”

Is 1:13 “Bring your worthless offerings no longer, Incense is an abomination to Me.
New moon and sabbath, the calling of assemblies — I cannot endure iniquity and the solemn assembly.

Is 1:17 Learn to do good; Seek justice,
Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.

Is 1: 18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.

LOOK CLOSE AT WHAT WAS EXPLAINED THROUGH ISAIAH:

First note that listening and hearing was for "O earth"!!!! So not just for Israel but everyone on earth!!! All people!!!
Do you not know that God made all peoples??? So all people are instructed as son to listen to Him!!

Still Israel which were a people specifically called out by Him, and who were the off-spring of Abraham who did hear the Lord, did not even know their master!! Perhaps the other peoples were given over to Satan, but not Israel - God still specifically keep the owner ship of them, and they still said, "Let not God speak to us." His specifically called people 'do not understand!!" And we Christain were grafted into the Jewish root - and so it is that neither do you understand!!!

God has not changed!! His has the same personality today that He has always had, and God is love!!

You don't understand that!! If you truly understood that God is love you would understand that we get to loving Him because we find out that He loved us first - even from the very beginning!! And that is what you are denying with you statements!! You are rejecting the Love of God, which is expressed in by His Word!!

A man wanting to show His love for a girl will give her things, but the reality of his love will come when she hears him say "I love you!"
That is when the girl puts together the all the fact, the things she got from him and the expression he showed by saying "I love you", and the truth occurs to her. But the girl saying in her heart, "Let not him speak to me" will never come to know the truth of the mans love for her. Of course I am talking about the Lord our God. He is love! He loves us and always had!!

So it was also written, "Come now, and let us reason together. Says the LORD,"Though your sins are as scarlet, They will ve as white as snow: Though your sins are red like crimson, They willl be like wool."

And that was well before the cross!! There is nothing about offering in it, but rather a statement before that the offerings, incense, and festivals, and assemblies were the things God could not endure! God was never into the religious things, He was always interested in the relationship with people!! And a person who does start hearing Him comes to understand that, whereas the person saying, "Let not God speak to us" will never understand that!!

Therefore, the only reason people in mass could not get the Holy Ghost in the Old Testament, is the exact same reason that people today cannot get the Holy Ghost in mass - and that is because they say in their hearts, "Let not God speak to us!!"