How I pass some of my time.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
One of the books I have been working on for the past fourteen years is, “Clay of the Gods.” It’s the Bible put into fiction form. I built the characters into how I see them. I know we all see them a different way. My Jonah was built on my darling grandfather, who in old age felt useless. How do you see the people of the Bible?

Here is a short section of my Jonah

Clay of the Gods/Domenic/Chapter ten/Jonah Page 54
The wind blew not from the north, nor the south, nor east or west. It came straight down from the darkness above; spilling cold onto the tops of the mountains of Zebulun. The new snow swirled in a crescendo of sound. Ice began to appear everywhere. The dung-roofed huts of Gath Hepher became chilled white mounds. Spiders, beetles, ticks, and all the creepy things of summer scurried and rushed to burrow deep into the frozen earth. The winged red beetles froze and were carried away into the darkness of the storm. The goats of the high ranges had descended into the lush green valleys weeks before, so had the big cats and the wolves; their mortal enemies.
The field mice and the snake shared the same deep burrow. Only occasionally would the snake feed upon the mice. His winter food supply was assured.
On the north face of the small canyon, ice found its way into every crack, tearing stone away from stones. The snow settled onto narrow mountain paths made by men who had no love of this land. Traders from other lands trudged across these mountains, leaving their scars upon the natural beauty. The bones of pack animals, and men jetted out from the red dirt. The signs of man were everywhere.
Jonah frowned at his bare cold feet. He picked at the scaled dirt between his toes. The stink from his rotted teeth, and sick gums gave off a foul smell. A growl came from deep within his lungs. He spit the yellow of its foul onto the dirt floor and covered it. Old age was not settling well with Jonah. He found nothing to look forward too. He felt of no value to anyone, nor did he care to be. His penis, once the symbol of his strength now hung lifeless. His toe nails had become a dark yellow-breaking off at their edges, revealing a rotted black like those of dead goats. Pink spots covered his legs. Before him the bowl of oiled sweet cake and lamb gave off a smell he found unpleasant. He watched his old woman shuffling her bare feet into the sandy floor for warmth. Shadows cut deep into the line of her face revealing years of depression. Gone was her long black

Page 54
hair that once smelled of summer flowers, now a dry yellowing gray tangled mess. He found her scent more offensive than his dinner. Was this truly the woman he had vowed to love forever? Her lower lip hung down, almost pointed in the center. He watched the droll increasing with every movement of her open mouth. It formed a thin line from the crevice of her lower lip to the boiling pot before her. Where was the woman he had felt so much passion for? Was it she who had made his blood boil and his heart pound? He could not recall the last time they had made love. A picture of her young unclothed body flashed before him. What happened to her? Did he look as repulsive to her, as she to him? It had been many years since he had seen his face in the mirror his father had given him. He regretted having traded it away for wine. Where had youth gone? Was he now one of those pathetic old people? He pushed the clay bowl away, and let out a heavy sigh.

“Naomi, wipe your mouth,” he stammered, “are you trying to spoil the soup?”
She turned and smiled, but said nothing.
Jonah opened his mouth, but his words lodged in his throat. “Am I stt-ill
th-the man you fell in love with? Am I still handsome?”
Her grin widened, but she remained silent.
He pushed the bowl of oiled sweet cake and lamb further from him. He tried to speak,
but his lips would not part. He took a deep breath and bellowed,
“If I had known old age was like.... this, I, I would have taken better care of myself.”
Naomi stopped her kitchen duties and began to comfort Jonah with song. “You have always been my lion. You were born a man. You will always be a man. My heart sees no other.”
“I cannot give you what a wife needs.”
“It is I who cannot please you. Who wants an old woman who is pulled downward by the earth?”
Jonah stood and embraced his wife. She rested her head on his chest.

Page 55
“Even God has found no use for me,” he sobbed, “I am good for nothing. When I was young I dreamed that God talked to me. I told all the people of the village that God would expand the lands of Israel.”
“My papa,” said Naomi, “it was the wine talking.”
They both began to laugh, and soon Jonah was eating his oiled sweet cake and lamb.
Naomi sang and continued with her kitchen duties.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Demonic I mean Domenic,

It seems that you are very good at FICTION writing to make for interesting fantasy for fallen man's entertainment.
But I see that you have no concept of the goodness of God and how man was NOT supposed to grow old and decay. For God is able to renew our youth as the eagle.
If you will notice from reading and seeking truth from the Bible, that man was created to NEVER grow old or DIE in the beginning, even after the fall of man he lived to be almost 1 day old, that is 1day in God's sense of timing which is 1,000 yrs as we know it.

Now if God can keep our flesh youthful and in full function provided we remain alive to His Spirit and abiding in His Word, then we do not have to worry about the frailties of old age. God says that those who receive His Son shall NEVER DIE, NEVER HUNGER, NEVER THIRST. Who in their Right mind would want to suffer misery as they live forever? NO ONE. God says He lays before us Life or Death, Blessing or Cursing and He cheers us on to CHOOSE His Word to LIVE by as we renew our ways of dog eat dog of a fallen beastly nature, to learn how to be reborn from above as the children of the King and have life more abundantly.
I am sad to see that you do not understand that the miseries in life are due to the sinful nature that we allow to rule over us and that God is very rewarding to those who love His Son and choose to walk in His ways.

When you come to the end of Yourself and realize that God is the source of everything you have in this world and that He deserves all the glory and not us. And that He loves and wants to do good unto us and not harm if we just lay down our own pride and allow Him to be our Father who guides us unto a good life that He can bless us with.... then you will have good understanding instead of your miserable existence that it seems you have from your writings that seem so hopeless.
Ps 23:1-24:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod{WORD} and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
KJV

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
Demonic I mean Domenic,

It seems that you are very good at FICTION writing to make for interesting fantasy for fallen man's entertainment.
But I see that you have no concept of the goodness of God and how man was NOT supposed to grow old and decay. For God is able to renew our youth as the eagle.
If you will notice from reading and seeking truth from the Bible, that man was created to NEVER grow old or DIE in the beginning, even after the fall of man he lived to be almost 1 day old, that is 1day in God's sense of timing which is 1,000 yrs as we know it.

Now if God can keep our flesh youthful and in full function provided we remain alive to His Spirit and abiding in His Word, then we do not have to worry about the frailties of old age. God says that those who receive His Son shall NEVER DIE, NEVER HUNGER, NEVER THIRST. Who in their Right mind would want to suffer misery as they live forever? NO ONE. God says He lays before us Life or Death, Blessing or Cursing and He cheers us on to CHOOSE His Word to LIVE by as we renew our ways of dog eat dog of a fallen beastly nature, to learn how to be reborn from above as the children of the King and have life more abundantly.
I am sad to see that you do not understand that the miseries in life are due to the sinful nature that we allow to rule over us and that God is very rewarding to those who love His Son and choose to walk in His ways.

When you come to the end of Yourself and realize that God is the source of everything you have in this world and that He deserves all the glory and not us. And that He loves and wants to do good unto us and not harm if we just lay down our own pride and allow Him to be our Father who guides us unto a good life that He can bless us with.... then you will have good understanding instead of your miserable existence that it seems you have from your writings that seem so hopeless.
Ps 23:1-24:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod{WORD} and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
KJV
DEMONIC?
My friend, I do not know you, nor you me. But I do know your kind. You pretend to be Christian, but your words uncover what you are.
Get behind me.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
domenic said:
DEMONIC?
My friend, I do not know you, nor you me. But I do know your kind. You pretend to be Christian, but your words uncover what you are.
Get behind me.
You are correct to say that I do not know you but only by what you post......Clay of the GODS?? what Gods? This is why I came to my conclusion. There is but ONE GOD. Now if you meant gods?

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
You are correct to say that I do not know you but only by what you post......Clay of the GODS?? what Gods? This is why I came to my conclusion. There is but ONE GOD. Now if you meant gods?
Before you start calling others a demon, you should first put a sipper on your mouth, and spend more time reading the Bible. 1 Corinthians 8: 5, 6
Who are you to judge any body?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
domenic said:
Before you start calling others a demon, you should first put a sipper on your mouth, and spend more time reading the Bible. 1 Corinthians 8: 5, 6
Who are you to judge any body?
I must try not to judge ones life of those outside of the body of Christ as I do not know what they go through being held captive to sin and/or under the authority of sinners, however I am to judge those who claim to abide in the Word yet they claim there are GODS with a capital G. Should a believer in the One True God, write a book about Gods?
We are to have respect to all men, but when it comes to disagreeing with God's Word that is where we are to draw the line.
Am I missing something in your title of your book or are you acturally meaning Clay of "Gods" and that you are rewriting the BIBLE in a fiction?

Aren't we warned about changing a word in the Bible and in all actuality, even these new fangled translations outside the Authorize KJV are very questionable to me for they have watered down the Word and have put modern day word translations that are more soothing to the hearer and leads to error.
I have an NIV, but I do confer the KJV for truer accuracy.
Do you think that God would agree with you writing a fiction Bible calling it Clay of Gods? Does this bring glory unto Him?

I do say you have a way with writing...Just not in agreement with the fiction view or title. That is just my opinion~ You are free to do as you like.

I will apologize to you for the name twisting.. I do not mean to falsely accuse anyone~

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:

I must try not to judge ones life of those outside of the body of Christ as I do not know what they go through being held captive to sin and/or under the authority of sinners, however I am to judge those who claim to abide in the Word yet they claim there are GODS with a capital G. Should a believer in the One True God, write a book about Gods?
We are to have respect to all men, but when it comes to disagreeing with God's Word that is where we are to draw the line.
Am I missing something in your title of your book or are you acturally meaning Clay of "Gods" and that you are rewriting the BIBLE in a fiction?

Aren't we warned about changing a word in the Bible and in all actuality, even these new fangled translations outside the Authorize KJV are very questionable to me for they have watered down the Word and have put modern day word translations that are more soothing to the hearer and leads to error.
I have an NIV, but I do confer the KJV for truer accuracy.
Do you think that God would agree with you writing a fiction Bible calling it Clay of Gods? Does this bring glory unto Him?

I do say you have a way with writing...Just not in agreement with the fiction view or title. That is just my opinion~ You are free to do as you like.

I will apologize to you for the name twisting.. I do not mean to falsely accuse anyone~

Just what do you think you are? Do you think God has appointed you some kind of judge over others? Where do you get off speaking to any body like they are outside of Gods word? You talk to me like I am an unbeliever? What kind of false religion are you connected with?
Do both of us a favor…stay away from me…I do not associate with your kind of self made HOLY MAN. Go read a Bible, and learn how to be a Christian before you get in trouble with God.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
domenic said:
Just what do you think you are? Do you think God has appointed you some kind of judge over others? Where do you get off speaking to any body like they are outside of Gods word? You talk to me like I am an unbeliever? What kind of false religion are you connected with?
Do both of us a favor…stay away from me…I do not associate with your kind of self made HOLY MAN. Go read a Bible, and learn how to be a Christian before you get in trouble with God.

I have nothing to fear. You are the one walking in unforgiveness and that is in error for you are offended at the truth I showed about your book and now you are acting as those led of the flesh do by getting angry and persecuting me, accusing me of something even after I apologized to you for twisting your name.

I do not take back my comments about your book, for I feel them to be the truth and I am telling you out of love. As I said write what you will, but my mission is to rebuke with all authority when I feel something is unfaithful to Christ being spiritual fornication. Since he is the Word of God who became flesh and I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, then by you writing it in a fictitious manner in your own words with a title that states there is more than one God is bordering on blaspheming.
1 Cor 5:9-6:1
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
KJV

Titus 2:12-15
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
KJV

Perhaps you are correct that we are of two different faiths and should not associate. I forgive you though as I hold nothing against anyone, towards me but I must speak the truth.