How is it that you cannot see?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Thank you for your clarification.

It's not that you are saying Jesus is not the Creator, you are saying that the Creator is someone who is not Jesus.

And you are hoping find other members who believe the same.

Do I understand correctly?

Much love!

Not exactly. I already know that there are other members here who believe the same as I do in regard to the identification of the creator.

I’m hoping that other members, members who don’t believe what I believe about who the creator is, will read and think about what I believe concerning who the creator is.

John’s prologue as rendered by the Geneva Bible (and translations like it) presents what I believe to the reader. The Apostles’ Creed also does, which is why I posted the first verse of that creed in this thread.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
. . . and that is . . .

Is there something you don't want to say?

Much love!

I said it in post #1 in this thread.

The only thing that I don’t want to say in this thread, or anywhere else in forums I post in on this board, is anything about the topic which by board policy must not be discussed.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly. I already know that there are other members here who believe the same as I do in regard to the identification of the creator.

I’m hoping that other members, members who don’t believe what I believe about who the creator is, will read and think about what I believe concerning who the creator is.

John’s prologue as rendered by the Geneva Bible (and translations like it) presents what I believe to the reader. The Apostles’ Creed also does, which is why I posted the first verse of that creed in this thread.
OK, so you are still promoting your non-trinitarian view, just trying to stay under the radar. That's what it looked like from the beginning. I understand your reticence considering that our host has stated terms about the matter.

Is this honest?

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't know my friend. Seems dangerous to suppose the how not specified.

Provided that we don’t discuss that which must not be discussed, I don’t see any danger in asserting that what Yahweh commanded he brought into existence. “God said, Let there be…” and it was done, by him.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
OK, so you are still promoting your non-trinitarian view, just trying to stay under the radar. That's what it looked like from the beginning. I understand your reticence considering that our host has stated terms about the matter.

Is this honest?

Much love!

I‘m abiding by the rules of the board. If it were not so, I would expect the moderators to act against me. They haven’t because I’ve given them no cause to. I intend to keep it that way. I trust that they will do the same.

Reactions: Mr E

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I am, by personal decision and moderator consent and approval, posting only in forums where non-Christians are allowed to speak. If Christian members don’t want to think about what I believe then the simple fix is for them not to read what I post in non-Christian forums of the Board.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I‘m abiding by the rules of the board.
I ask if this is honest, and you answer, you are abiding by the rules. OK. I don't think there is any lack of understanding.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am, by personal decision and moderator consent and approval, posting only in forums where non-Christians are allowed to speak. If Christian members don’t want to think about what I believe then the simple fix is for them not to read what I post in non-Christian forums of the Board.
Right, and what exactly was the moderator's ruling that we're tiptoeing around?

Much love!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Three down. Six to go.

The nine:

1. William Tyndale, The New Testament, 1534.

2. Miles Coverdale, Biblia: The Byble, that is, the holy Scripture of the Olde and New Testament, faithfully translated into Englyshe, 1535.

3. Matthews’ Bible, 1537.

4. Great Bible, 1539.

5. Richard Taverner, The Epistles and Gospelles, 1540.

6. William Whittingham, The Newe Testament of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 1557.

7. Bishops’ Bible, 1568.

8. Geneva Bible, 1599.

9. Lawrence Tomson, The New Testament of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 1607.

There is a 10th English translation published prior to 1611 but it doesn’t meet the criteria I provided and so is not on this list.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahweh is the one true elohim.
This is a semantic trap. It's like saying Trump is the one true President - without specifying time and place. Other companies and counitres all have Presidents and they are all true.

Said differently, most concepts are not pimary but secondary; they depend on something else, context. Yes, my wife is true and she is MY only true wife. It does not mean all other wives are false.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Right, and what exactly was the moderator's ruling that we're tiptoeing around?

Much love!

Simple. No discussion of that which by policy must not be discussed in any forum on this Board. (A recent modification of the policy.)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is a semantic trap. It's like saying Trump is the one true President - without specifying time and place. Other companies and counitres all have Presidents and they are all true.

Said differently, most concepts are not pimary but secondary; they depend on something else, context. Yes, my wife is true and she is MY only true wife. It does not mean all other wives are false.

Do we not find Yahweh himself saying that he alone is the one true elohim?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accuse them of Intellectual Dishonesty?
Friend, I think bias is different than dishonesty. Bias is how you perceive the facts. Dishonesty is about deception.

Limbaugh never admited or claimed to be unbiased. Rather, he assertted that if you listen to him, you will get a conservative biassd analysis of the facts.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I ask if this is honest, and you answer, you are abiding by the rules. OK. I don't think there is any lack of understanding.

Much love!

A moderator made only one request when I suggested a creative solution to the problem - don’t start any threads in non-Christian forums about the topic which must never be discussed, even though it was still allowed in non-Christian forums at the time under the new policy. (That policy was revised a week or so ago to remove even that exemption.) I agreed to abide by the moderator’s request and continue to do so.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we not find Yahweh himself saying that he alone is the one true elohim?
Sigh. What I wrote explains why 1 COR 8:6 states "for us, there is one God, the Father." It imples the proper identification of other gods, just not the Christian God.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sigh. What I wrote explains why 1 COR 8:6 states "for us, there is one God, the Father." It imples the proper identification of other gods, just not the Christian God.

Sigh?

Paul and Yahweh are, of course, in agreement.

Yahweh vs. idols. True vs. false. That, as you know, is the choice we are presented with in scripture.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Provided that we don’t discuss that which must not be discussed, I don’t see any danger in asserting that what Yahweh commanded he brought into existence. “God said, Let there be…” and it was done, by him.
Yea, we are not discussing the forbidden subject.

I'm just open to te HOW of Creation not being fully revealed to us, in that other elohim may have participated at his command.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this time, I thought you were a Christian. Was I mistaken? PM if need be.

• Haha

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A moderator made only one request when I suggested a creative solution to the problem - don’t start any threads in non-Christian forums about the topic which must never be discussed, even though it was still allowed in non-Christian forums at the time under the new policy. (That policy was revised a week or so ago to remove even that exemption.) I agreed to abide by the moderator’s request and continue to do so.
Only, in a round about way. Under the radar.

Much love!