How is it that you cannot see?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yea, we are not discussing the forbidden subject.

I'm just open to te HOW of Creation not being fully revealed to us, in that other elohim may have participated at his command.

Who are the other elohim and what do you think the other elohim might have done in their participation?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Only, in a round about way. Under the radar.

Much love!

Here I am. Here you are.

I’m satisfied with the agreement. The moderators are satisfied, at least for the time being, with the agreement. You’re welcome to be here but no one is forcing you to. No one is even asking you, as far as I’m aware, to be satisfied with the agreement.

Would you like for me to leave the Board?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Cite it. I do believe "God" abd "Elohim" have different - but overlapping - meanings. I play a game called bridge but I also drive over a structure called bridge.

Yahweh says numerous times that there is no God besides him. Right?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The nine:

1. William Tyndale, The New Testament, 1534.

2. Miles Coverdale, Biblia: The Byble, that is, the holy Scripture of the Olde and New Testament, faithfully translated into Englyshe, 1535.

3. Matthews’ Bible, 1537.

4. Great Bible, 1539.

5. Richard Taverner, The Epistles and Gospelles, 1540.

6. William Whittingham, The Newe Testament of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 1557.

7. Bishops’ Bible, 1568.

8. Geneva Bible, 1599.

9. Lawrence Tomson, The New Testament of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 1607.

There is a 10th English translation published prior to 1611 but it doesn’t meet the criteria I provided and so is not on this list.

Do I need to quote them for you @marks? Or is this sufficient?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here I am. Here you are.

I’m satisfied with the agreement. The moderators are satisfied, at least for the time being, with the agreement. You’re welcome to be here but no one is forcing you to. No one is even asking you, as far as I’m aware, to be satisfied with the agreement.

Would you like for me to leave the Board?
At least, they aren't paying attention at the moment.

Would I like for you to leave the board? I'd like for you to come to understand the truth which you have rejected.

But as you've said, you've come to discuss your deity, not mine. I remember what the mods said about that, do you?

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the other elohim and what do you think the other elohim might have done in their participation?
Elohim is a word that means 'heavenly being.' We know angels are hevenly beings and John saw some creatures that are very unusual. So, we have examples of elohim other than the Creator YHWH.

If I were YHWH, I would create beings to assist with Creation and would not be surprised if YHWH did as well. After all, what are numberless angels doing in heaven when Satan is not giving YWHW grief about Job and demanding we be tested? I trust they are on assignment. You?

• Love
Reactions: Mr E

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, I think bias is different than dishonesty. Bias is how you perceive the facts. Dishonesty is about deception.
Maybe the difference is in how we use the words.

Intellectual dishonesty is about not being honest with yourself, and through that, allowing a bias to color the result in a way it shouldn't. In a way that you know it shouldn't, if you really get down to it. "I've got a great argument, but just ignore that little part . . ."

Bias is your preference for one thing over another. Rush would give you the conservative bias view of the news, and that isn't dishonest, he's saying, this is my POV, it's conservative, that's how I present it.

Does that help clarify?

Much love!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
At least, they aren't paying attention at the moment.

I’ve noticed that, too. (I don’t have posting privileges in the “Christians Only” forums but I read them from time to time.)
Would I like for you to leave the board?

You didn’t answer the question.

I'd like for you to come to understand the truth which you have rejected.

I’m tempted to reply in kind but that gets us nowhere. Dialogue killer.

But as you've said, you've come to discuss your deity, not mine. I remember what the mods said about that, do you?

Much love!

Of course I remember. That‘s what lead me to offer the proposal which they accepted.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I remember. That‘s what lead me to offer the proposal which they accepted.
But that's what you are here to do. What they prohibited. My preference for whether you should leave the board? My preference is that you would come to understand that these threads are against the rules of the forum, and rather than continue to take advantage of those who are not offering their website for this use, to do the right thing, and stop going against them. That's my preference. That you do what is right.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
But that's what you are hear to do. What they prohibited.

No. I’m sorry for people such as yourself that they made that decision but I’m perfectly fine if what they have prohibited stays in place forever.

My preference for whether you should leave the board?

The second time you’ve declined to answer the question you were asked.

My preference is that you would come to understand that these threads are against the rules of the forum, and rather than continue to take advantage of those who are not offering their website for this use, to do the right thing, and stop going against them. That's my preference. That you do what is right.

Much love!

I’m in compliance with the rules of the forum and doing what is right. My conscience is clear. I think you’re here in my thread just to cause trouble.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The topic of this thread is not going against the rules, nor is taking advantage of anyone.

I’m bringing to the attention of readers alternate translations of the prologue in John’s Gospel - prepared and published by persons who share the Statement of Faith officially endorsed by the owner, administrators, moderators and staff of this Board - and compatible with the Apostles’ Creed.

I’m requesting that any and all discussion of the topic which by policy of the Board is not allowed to be discussed in any forum on the Board cease.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second time you’ve declined to answer the question you were asked.
I don't have a preference whether you should post or not. I prefer that if you are here you post according to the intent of the board, and you do not. I prefer most of all that you would have a strong sense of right and wrong and act accordingly, and not sneak around doing what you aren't supposed to be doing.

You think I'm here to cause trouble? By putting light on you?

This is to challenge you.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic of this thread is not going against the rules, nor is taking advantage of anyone.

I’m bringing to the attention of readers alternate translations of the prologue in John’s Gospel - prepared and published by persons who share the Statement of Faith officially endorsed by the owner, administrators, moderators and staff of this Board - and compatible with the Apostles’ Creed.
To the intent of showing that Jesus is NOT the Creator, being Himself created. Spin it how you want, but, speaking of that ole' pesky intellectual dishonesty, you are here for converts away from the Trinity, and you are being sneaky about it.

Much love!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't have a preference whether you should post or not.

Then you have no preference if I leave the Board or stay. That’s all I wanted to know.

I prefer that if you are here you post according to the intent of the board, and you do not. I prefer most of all that you would have a strong sense of right and wrong and act accordingly, and not sneak around doing what you aren't supposed to be doing.

You think I'm here to cause trouble? By putting light on you?

This is to challenge you.

Much love!

I don’t mind the light you’re putting on me, in fact, I appreciate it. Not many people post in the non-Christian forums of the Board. You’re increasing my audience.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
To the intent of showing that Jesus is NOT the Creator, being Himself created.

That’s a conclusion, and one that was not held by those who produced and published the Geneva Bible (and other English translations like it.)

As for my intent, I’ve already stated it.

Spin it how you want, but, speaking of that ole' pesky intellectual dishonesty, you are here for converts away from the Trinity, and you are being sneaky about it.

Much love!

I’m not here to convert anyone and there’s not a sneaky bone in my body. There is, however, a rule against what you are doing to me. You should revisit the rules.

Now that that’s out of the way, let’s get back to the topic of this thread.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was you motive, interest, underneath it all, what were you intending with your OP? Why the shout out to @Tommy Cool ? What did you expect him to see?

Much love!

My post was removed ....apparently biblical truth is offensive to some ...they would rather wallow in their own beliefs of private interpretation.

• Wow

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Elohim is a word that means 'heavenly being.' We know angels are hevenly beings and John saw some creatures that are very unusual. So, we have examples of elohim other than the Creator YHWH.

If I were YHWH, I would create beings to assist with Creation and would not be surprised if YHWH did as well. After all, what are numberless angels doing in heaven when Satan is not giving YWHW grief about Job and demanding we be tested? I trust they are on assignment. You?

I agree that angels are called elohim in scripture and that they were present when Yahweh created the heavens and the earth. Beyond Yahweh speaking with his heavenly council and angels singing, I’m not aware of any other participation of the angels in creation

The heavens and the earth were created by Yahweh. I don’t think that’s disputable.

That the heavens and the earth were - or may have been - created by Yahweh and angels is speculation. I don’t see anything in scripture which pushes me in that direction. Certainly nothing in John’s prologue. We would have to look somewhere else for it.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on Isaiah 44:24.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Do I need to quote them for you @marks? Or is this sufficient?

I assume it was sufficient.

For those who are wondering about the 10th English translation: it’s the Wycliffe Bible, 1382. Wycliffe translated from Latin, not from the Greek manuscripts. And his translation doesn’t use “it” in regard to the logos in John’s prologue. It belongs with, but was not included in, the survey of translations kindly supplied in post #26.

Reactions: Wrangler