How many have ever changed their minds...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason you do not get as much "food"is most here do not study scripture, but instead compare feelings, emotions, and carnal dreams, and odd testimonies, instead of scripture.
if verses are attempted, it is only as an add on to attempt to justify the supposed being "led" by the Spirit.

Yep. That's what I was going to say.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came here believing Pentecostal Doctrine.
Never changed my mind.
I still believe Christians should seek the Baptism with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of Speaking in Tongues.
I still believe Christians should lay hands on the sick. (As done in the early church.)
I don't believe one has to be speaking in tongues in order to be saved, that's a United Pentecostal doctrine which I reject.
I believe one should be baptized in water, but I don't believe it's a requirement to be saved.
These are things I believed when I came here, and I did not change my believes one bit.
Praise God!
It's very simple: Believe in Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross, and you shall be saved.
One cannot earn his/her salvation by works. :)

Tongues was a known language. Funny how we don't see people operating in the gift like we do in scripture (Acts 2). All the times I've seen someone speaking "tongues" it was always outside the way scripture said the gift should be used. So, I highly doubt anything done outside the way God desired it to be done is not of God.

Reactions: Stan B

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Funny how we don't see people operating in the gift like we do in scripture (Acts 2).

I disagree.
I do see this happening.

(I am not planning to go into a discussion any further about speaking in tongues. Those kind of discussions on the internet lead to nothing. All it causes is division.)

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I used to live close to a military base. The military operates on a need to know basis. Military people can request certain jobs and places to live, but in the end, they have to go wherever they are sent, no questions asked.... Our lives as Christians are kind of like this. God doesn't always tell us the why's, but if we trust and obey, we will reap His rewards here and in heaven.

Giggle!! That's funny, but so true. God never revealed His plan to Moses until he was 80 years old!! Then poor Abraham and Sarah, having their first child at age 99!!?? We just take what God reveals to us one day at a time.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gee-willikers.jpg

Ahaha...haven't heard those words since , well...Leave it to Beaver and Robin on Batman :D

Last edited:

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(I am not planning to go into a discussion any further about speaking in tongues. Those kind of discussions on the internet lead to nothing. All it causes is division.)[/QUOTE]

The Bible is clear tongues was a known language, that is why you had the gift of interpretation.

I won't press the issue, but I disagree that these kind of discussions are fruitless. They're only fruitless when we hold to our emotions instead of allowing Scripture to speak.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am happy to see that some posters have changed their minds in a positive way.
That's one good thing coming out of participating in forums.
This forum is the only forum I am active in (once and awhile).
I have learned to stay away from certain issues, I learned my lesson. :)
It's not worth it.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Barney,
Yes...when starting on this board Spring of 18, I was a OSAS proponent. Now, after praying and digging into scripture...I find there to be very good reason to disbelieve in OSAS.

I have no idea what an OSAS is. Looking it up on the internet is seems it could have something to do with an organization for adopting horses, or perhaps sleep apnea.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I won't press the issue, but I disagree that these kind of discussions are fruitless. They're only fruitless when we hold to our emotions instead of allowing Scripture to speak.

I participated in many of these discussions.
Found most of them useless unless somebody was really interested and seeking the Lord's will about it.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I participated in many of these discussions.
Found most of them useless unless somebody was really interested and seeking the Lord's will about it.

Do you mean to get other person to accept your view or the view that Scripture points to? Because everything in Scripture is clear about what tongues is.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have no idea what an OSAS is. Looking it up on the internet is seems it could have something to do with an organization for adopting horses, or perhaps sleep apnea.
It is eternal security (that those who believe reveive everlasting life). (I hear OSAS mostly with SBC folks. I'm SBC.).

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of "Burger King" theology here. All about, "Have it your way" instead of what Scripture explains.