How should we view the Rich Young Ruler?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How Should we view the Rich Young Ruler?

• He is portrayed as one who will inherit life, as saved, but not enter the holy city

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • He's going straight to hell for not being a disciple of Christ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He needs time in purgatory

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of very religious people are trying to be a Christian.

They try it with water baptism.
They try it with works.
They try it with Mary.
They try it with a Cookie and some Wine or Juice.
They try it with Commandment keeping.
They try it with Moses's Law.
They try it with the Pope.

However, CHRISTianity.....Its not something you try to do.
Its something that God causes you to become by Spiritual Birth, instantly.

"Born again".
They are the TRYERS and then their are simply the born again DOERS of the WORD .
Those whose faith IS TRULY IN JESUS CHRIST are born again doers of the WORD and the have
the love that cometh of GOD shed by the HOLY GHOST upon their hearts and obey HIM .
A whole new heart has been given . one that loveth GOD , loveth the TRUTH of HIS WORD and of HIS WORDS
Pope francis is false . But he aint alone . many are . they come in to lead men astray and try and transform
chrisanity from within . LAMBS WONT BE HEEDING SUCH . that i can TELL YA . cause lambs HEED JESUS .
And what contradicts TRUTH , His words , THEY DONT FEED NOR HEED FROM .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not speak of someone in their error

You were the one who lied. You stated she said it was only for the jews. She did not

YOU LIED

repent my friend..

or prove you are not only a fraud but a false teacher.
You aint the only one who has caught epi doing such a thing . Just a friendly reminder to all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difficulty lies in allowing the gospel and oneself to be slandered. Because this is a public forum, I feel I have to answer what is obviously very off-track. I realize that some must bring in heresies. But there also has to be some sort of discernment that points that out. :)
But...don't we get it though? People in general are going to interpret the Bible...the Gospel...the words, in different ways.

For example, case in point: To *me* in MY humble opinion, I can't just sit back idly and state that, "I BELIEVE! Therefore I'm SAVED!" without doing anything to SHOW I believe and to SHOW I have faith. To me, it's no different than me saying something like, "I BELIEVE I'll get a job!"...and then sitting back on my heels, and doing nothing to show how I believe (sending out resumes, making calls, etc.)

As a Catholic, I can say Rosaries every day. Be on my knees, reading the bible every day. Proclaim to Jesus, "I'm a sinner and I believe!" every day.

But the moment I leave the house...If I treat my fellow human like dog dung...DO I REALLY "believe"?

Or, am I just paying 'lip service' to belief and to faith?

I can't for the life of me see how some "Christians" claim to 'love' Jesus, while showing disdain for their neighbor...ESPECIALLY since we're supposed to "build each other UP."

Telling a fellow Christian, "You're a LIAR!" or "You're STUPID!" doesn't seem to be the "Christian" way.

And, since so many so-called "Christians" act this way, it's no wonder that so many non-Christians criticize us.

Whole thing just makes me...sad. :coldsweat:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But...don't we get it though? People in general are going to interpret the Bible...the Gospel...the words, in different ways.

For example, case in point: To *me* in MY humble opinion, I can't just sit back idly and state that, "I BELIEVE! Therefore I'm SAVED!" without doing anything to SHOW I believe and to SHOW I have faith. To me, it's no different than me saying something like, "I BELIEVE I'll get a job!"...and then sitting back on my heels, and doing nothing to show how I believe (sending out resumes, making calls, etc.)

As a Catholic, I can say Rosaries every day. Be on my knees, reading the bible every day. Proclaim to Jesus, "I'm a sinner and I believe!" every day.

But the moment I leave the house...If I treat my fellow human like dog dung...DO I REALLY "believe"?

Or, am I just paying 'lip service' to belief and to faith?

I can't for the life of me see how some "Christians" claim to 'love' Jesus, while showing disdain for their neighbor...ESPECIALLY since we're supposed to "build each other UP."

Telling a fellow Christian, "You're a LIAR!" or "You're STUPID!" doesn't seem to be the "Christian" way.

And, since so many so-called "Christians" act this way, it's no wonder that so many non-Christians criticize us.

Whole thing just makes me...sad. :coldsweat:
Unfortunately, modern Christendom attracts dishonest people since it is believed that they must stretch the truth in order to conform to the popular (for the moment) form of doctrine. Their idea of God is as a wrathful and petty tyrant who must be appeased by having proper religious theories...for which people are saved. Because of a lack of any real understanding of God and His ways...when confronted with bible verses that go DIRECTLY against their dogma...they will rather attack the person who is showing what they have no understanding of. darkness HATES the light that exposes it.

Not very honest. When that is pointed out...there are more who also lack understanding who seek to swarm the thread...trying to become a majority that can all ignore the wise counsel of the bible together. That is supposed to bolster their claim that the bible can be ignored whenever it threatens a previously agreed upon dogmatic theory.

So then these are never able to learn anything beyond a very shallow self-serving set of doctrines that...when challenged...proceed to throw a tantrum. Perpetual infants for Jesus?

Whatever the case there is no possible honest discussion with these. As it is written they cannot tolerate sound doctrine.

So there's that. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Laurina

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, modern Christendom attracts dishonest people since they believe they must stretch the truth in order to conform to their preferred form of doctrine. Because of a lack of understanding...when confronted with bible verses that go DIRECTLY against their dogma...they will rather attack the person who is showing what they have no understanding of.
THEIR lack of understanding? What about our OWN lack of understanding?

I mean, what if "they" understand differently than we do? As long as their understanding isn't hurting anyone, then what difference does it make?
Not very honest. When that is pointed out...there are more who also lack understanding who seek to swarm the thread...trying to become a majority that can all ignore the wise counsel of the bible together. That is supposed to bolster their claim that the bible can be ignored whenever it threatens a previously agreed upon dogmatic theory.

So then these are never able to learn anything beyond a very shallow self-serving set of doctrines that...when challenged...proceed to throw a tantrum. Perpetual infants for Jesus?

Whatever the case there is no possible honest discussion with these. As it is written they cannot tolerate sound doctrine.

So there's that. :)
But that's NOT it, Episkopos. We come here and share information. We share our beliefs...our faith. OUR faith. As in, our PERSONAL faith. My faith is not yours, and yours is not mine. Nor is mine Behold's...or Amigo's...or even Robert Pate's...nor is it a Muslim's faith, or a Buddhist's faith...

The only thing I see -- and again, this is ONLY *my* opinion -- is how we treat God and how we treat our neighbor. And how we treat BOTH will pretty much decide whether we're 'worthy' of heaven.

Make sense?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THEIR lack of understanding? What about our OWN lack of understanding?

You'd have to see how my opponents are justifying sin in the flesh. God goes easy on the meek...He gives grace to the humble. And He goes hard on the ones who hide behind their own uncrucified natures. I go untested here since the level of understanding is SO LOW. Basically a lot of superficial trolling by armchair theorists.
I mean, what if "they" understand differently than we do? As long as their understanding isn't hurting anyone, then what difference does it make?

Well, because of younger believers...the truth has to be defended.

If someone wishes to promote error...that's fine. But you have to be ready to be challenged.
But that's NOT it, Episkopos. We come here and share information.

Info? Or does Christianity go deeper than that? There is such thing as testimony, experience, revelation...etc. We are NOT all on the same page. There are false converts...there are dishonest dissimulators, bloviators and all manner of religiously warped ideologues...looking only to justify themselves and their personal salvation.

Does that help people...no...it trips them up.
We share our beliefs...our faith. OUR faith. As in, our PERSONAL faith. My faith is not yours, and yours is not mine.

You don't understand that there is only one faith, one baptism... One Spirit. But that's OK you can learn...
Nor is mine Behold's...or Amigo's...or even Robert Pate's...nor is it a Muslim's faith, or a Buddhist's faith...

You mean beliefs. The bible is NOT written as a religious book based on beliefs. That is a very shallow take on it. The bible speaks of LIFE....eternal life...that very few have experienced because of all the modern confusions and shallow dogmatism.

As in..what is your experience of walking where Jesus walks...in the kingdom realm of the Spirit? What can you add to the narrative?
The only thing I see -- and again, this is ONLY *my* opinion -- is how we treat God and how we treat our neighbor. And how we treat BOTH will pretty much decide whether we're 'worthy' of heaven.

Make sense?
That is only your opinion...you can have it. But if you stay at that level, the forum will not help you.

If a person speaks the truth...or behaves in a non arrogant way...I will discuss all day with that person. When a lie is being promoted, I will call it out.

No one is saying that you are supposed to do that. You can be you. :)

Are you offended that I am being myself?

Last edited:

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'd have to see how my opponents are justifying sin in the flesh. God goes easy on the meek...He gives grace to the humble. And He goes hard on the ones who hide behind their own uncrucified natures. I go untested here since the level of understanding is SO LOW. Basically a lot of superficial trolling by armchair theorists.
But...how do you KNOW that? I mean, I have my own beliefs, too. But there's no way that I'd say that *my* beliefs are right, and someone else's are wrong. Unless someone tries to say that 'black is white', the written Word is open to interpretation.
Well, because of younger believers...the truth has to be defended.
What "truth"? WHOSE truth? Ya got 40,000+ denominations of those who believe they know the "truth."

Personally, I don't claim to know "THE truth." And if there's any weight to NDE's, I am SO FAR from "THE Truth" as East is from West.
If someone wishes to promote error...that's fine. But you have to be ready to be challenged.
Being challenged is fine. But let's do so with LOVE, and not contempt.
Info? Or does Christianity go deeper than that? There is such thing as testimony, experience, revelation...etc. We are NOT all on the same page. There are false converts...there are dishonest dissimulators, bloviators and all manner of religiously warped ideologues...looking only to justify themselves and their personal salvation.

Does that help people...no...it trips them up.
Sometimes, it does. But it seems to help more than it 'trips them up'.
You don't understand that there is only one faith, one baptism... One Spirit. But that's OK you can learn...
See right now? You're doing "it". I DO believe that there's ONE faith and ONE baptism. But *MY* idea of "faith" and "baptism" is different from yours. I don't criticize yours, because I GET that people have different beliefs. By not criticizing yours, doesn't mean I agree with yours.

I don't claim that *my* beliefs are 'right'. By the same token, I don't expect *you* or anyone else to criticize *mine*.
You mean beliefs. The bible is NOT written as a religious book based on beliefs. That is a very shallow take on it. The bible speaks of LIFE....eternal life...that very few have experienced because of all the modern confusions and shallow dogmatism.

As in..what is your experience of walking where Jesus walks...in the kingdom realm of the Spirit? What can you add to the narrative?

That is only your opinion...you can have it. But if you stay at that level, the forum will not help you.

If a person speaks the truth...or behaves in a non arrogant way...I will discuss all day with that person. When a lie is being promoted, I will call it out.

No one is saying that you are supposed to do that. You can be you.
I have had my own religious "experiences" before. In the throws of feeling like I was going to die, I asked God tearfully, if He loved me. Within moments, I was OVERWHELMED with a sense of peace...joy...love like I had never felt before. Made me realize that I should live according to my heart; not so much my intellect (although that DOES come into play...)

To call someone out for "lying" about scripture is one thing. But if it's their interpretation of scripture, then perhaps a more gentle "Christ-like" approach is...

...better?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But...how do you KNOW that? I mean, I have my own beliefs, too. But there's no way that I'd say that *my* beliefs are right, and someone else's are wrong. Unless someone tries to say that 'black is white', the written Word is open to interpretation.

The bible is not open to interpretation....that's written in the bible. Have you read it?

2 Pet. 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

What "truth"? WHOSE truth? Ya got 40,000+ denominations of those who believe they know the "truth."

Personally, I don't claim to know "THE truth." And if there's any weight to NDE's, I am SO FAR from "THE Truth" as East is from West.

Being challenged is fine. But let's do so with LOVE, and not contempt.
When I was young we were taught to respect our elders. Now we are supposed to respect young people who don't know very much...as if they were the elders.

As for the denominations, you don't see any of those being pedaled here, do you? Religion is about money and power. There is neither here. But some people do bring in their indoctrination and treat that as truth.

Sometimes, it does. But it seems to help more than it 'trips them up'.

See right now? You're doing "it". I DO believe that there's ONE faith and ONE baptism. But *MY* idea of "faith" and "baptism" is different from yours. I don't criticize yours, because I GET that people have different beliefs. By not criticizing yours, doesn't mean I agree with yours.

I don't claim that *my* beliefs are 'right'. By the same token, I don't expect *you* or anyone else to criticize *mine*.

Then don't speak them out as if they had any legitimacy. People here think they are teachers...teaching lots of nonsense. This is a public forum where ideas are exchanged...but they do NOT all have the same weight.

Of course you are free to do as you wish. No one is promising you anything here. You are free to stunt your growth...or grow. As you wish.
I have had my own religious "experiences" before. In the throws of feeling like I was going to die, I asked God tearfully, if He loved me. Within moments, I was OVERWHELMED with a sense of peace...joy...love like I had never felt before. Made me realize that I should live according to my heart; not so much my intellect (although that DOES come into play...)

To call someone out for "lying" about scripture is one thing. But if it's their interpretation of scripture, then perhaps a more gentle "Christ-like" approach is...

...better?
Depends. I have been on here for quite a few years. After a while the same attacks get boring. When the motive is known...why pretend there is any good will? You are relatively new here. Stick around for a while. ;)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am calling out those who justify themselves...who claim to be sinfully holy and yet possess the very righteousness of God while they sin away

Its interesting to read that you say you know that people on this Forum, "sin away",..... as you sit there looking at a screen, and literally have no idea what anyone on this Forum, does in real life.

Why be such a spiritual pretender?
Why be so starved for attention?
Just be honest instead, Episkopos.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its interesting to read that you say you know that people on this Forum, "sin away",..... as you sit there looking at a screen, and literally have no idea what anyone on this Forum, does in real life.

Why be such a spiritual pretender?
Just be honest, Episkopos.
I listen to the comments that support a false gospel...some even treating it as if it was true. I judge by the words. Did you realize that we will be either justified or condemned by our words?

So I try to bring light to the prevailing darkness and the present lack of understanding of the gospel.

You would have to be de-programmed from your indoctrination to begin to hear what the bible is speaking of. So I don't expect you to know how to weigh what I'm saying.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I listen to the comments that support a false gospel..

You listen to some members here, reject your gospel of self effort, and then you mention them to another new member, who is not yet aware of your years of bad behavior on the Forum.
They'll find out.
And you told them , for a fact, that members here are sinning... and you can't see any of us from your self righteous tower, Episkopos.

So, you can try to walk all that back, and spin all that around, but your mouth, is a problem for you, on the Forum, and you should make some arrangements to use it less and less, and your ears, more and more.

Believe it.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You listen to some members here, reject your gospel of self effort, and then you mention them to another new member, who is not yet aware of your years of bad behavior on the Forum.
They'll find out.
And you told them , for a fact, that members here are sinning... and you can't see any of us from your self righteous tower, Episkopos.

So, you can try to walk all that back, and spin all that around, but your mouth, is a problem for you, on the Forum, and you should make some arrangements to use it less and less, and your ears, more and more.

Believe it.
The irony. How is it that you can describe your own condition so well...and not see it... Psychologists call that projecting.

Are you currently seeing a therapist? On meds?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aint the only one who has caught epi doing such a thing . Just a friendly reminder to all .
I am not sure which bothers me more. The act he wont repent. Or the fact his friends will not talk to him about. It openly.

I pray if I do this. My friends confront me.. Keep me honest

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The irony. How is it that you can describe your own condition so well...and not see it... Psychologists call that projecting.

Are you currently seeing a therapist? On meds?

The irony is that everytime someone like you is on the hook, and can't get off, they come and imply that "someone is on meds".
In the carnal world they call that a "cheap shot:" or a "low blow" and GOD KNOWS those are your MO and forte.. on a Forum.
All that is actually happening to you, is that im Shining the Cross on your teaching, and its hot, so very hot.. in that Light of Truth.
You dont like the heat.

So, here is the update.
The people here who read us, who compare us, notice that i dont refer to Jesus as the "whipping boy", and i dont refer to the Grace of God as "Free Stuff".
You have.....
I only give all the Credit due Christ alone for Saving humanity, and keeping them saved, one believer at a time.
You dance around this, when you're not rejecting it outright in your Threads and Posts..., and i dont think a Psychologist or any other type of Secular Shrink, can solve your spiritual issue that is so very pronounced, in your posts, and most Threads.

I noticed that "stunnedbygrace" has left the building, so she's not going to come and be your shield.
Maybe one of the Mods will try to save you, from yourself, again.
You certainly need the help.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The irony is that everytime someone like you is on the hook, and can't get off, they come and imply that "someone is on meds".
Id say that you need them, if you are not on them.
That's my opinion., and thats not Irony.
So, when the shoe fits, be sure to wear it, Episkopos.

Yet, here is the update.
The people here who read us, who compare us, notice that i dont refer to Jesus as the "whipping boy", and i dont refer to the Grace of God as "Free Stuff".
You have.....
I only give all the Credit due Christ alone for Saving humanity, and keeping them saved, one believer at a time.
You dance around this, when you're not rejecting it outright in your Threads and Posts..., and i dont think a Psychologist or any other type of Secular Shrink, can solve your spiritual issue that is so very pronounced, in your posts, and most Threads.

I noticed that "stunnedbygrace" has left the building, so she's not going to come and be your shield.
Maybe one of the Mods will try to save you, from yourself, again.
You certainly need the help.
Hope you got your ego fix. I won't enter into your darkness and the drivel you pollute my threads with. You do need help. I will pray for you.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hope you got your ego fix. I won't enter into your darkness and the drivel you pollute my threads with. You do need help. I will pray for you.

I always get what i came for, when i deal with bible twisters like you.
You get :"outed" and i get to let the Cross do it.

And regarding you praying for me, with such sarcasm and falseness...

Well, i need the Prayer, and you need the practice.
Help yourself, Episkopos.

I'll keep an eye on all your Threads, as, there is something about your Cross denying theology that just invites me to join them and try to protect the unknowing.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I always get what i came for, when i deal with bible twisters like you.
You get :"outed" and i get to let the Cross do it.

And regarding you praying for me, with such sarcasm and falseness...

Well, i need the Prayer, and you need the practice.
Help yourself, Episkopos.

I'll keep an eye on all your Threads, as, there is something about your Cross denying theology that just invites me to join them and try to protect the unknowing.
OK I'll pray and you prey on the unknowing. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
OK I'll pray and you prey on the unknowing. :oops:

You may continue to believe whatever suits you, next.
And, its far easier for you to pray for me,..... if you are not online.

Also, The reader can decide who is the read Teacher, and who is the literal Heretic on this Thread.

Let's let them continue to read, discern, and decide that one for themselves, Episkopos.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh my...how deep.

So deep. Sunday school was not lost on you. But you have not progressed beyond the most simplistic and errant views.

I am calling out those who justify themselves...who claim to be sinfully holy and yet possess the very righteousness of God while they sin away. So you are accusing me of what you are doing.

Do you have any other tricks...or is it always the same old bloviating? :oops:
:oops:
You should consider another vocation and a long vacation-you are not called by God to be a preacher or teacher.
Not the way you are speaking in a condescendingly manner to the brothers and sisters IN/EIS Christ.

J.