How the elect become believers in Christ !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
eph 1: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: The elect are believers and believers are elect, I say this because many believe its arrogant to call oneself an elect, when thats absolute nonsense because its no more than acknowledging oneself to be a believer- Its a testimony of the grace of God.. The elect, we become believers, not by our own will, but according to the greatness of Gods power, the same power that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead.. Notice vs 19 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, In the original, the commas aren't there, but added by the translators: So it reads who believe according to the working of His Mighty Power. The same Power used to what ? Raise Jesus from the dead..so believing is a manifestation of the elect having been raised from their native spiritual death by the Mighty working of Gods power.. 1 pet 1: 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Faith is a product of the power of God.. This is how the elect believe, by Gods Mighty Power phil 2: 12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.