How to be an honest Christian thinker.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never asked for a reason.

“…rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith” (Titus 1:13)

But you seem to be like these:

“…a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits” (Isaiah 30:9-10)

“Right” things are offensive to sinners.

No, just those who are heretics to biblical doctrines.

Typical dismissive rhetoric and proof texts from you.

You also have the last-word-itis thing pretty badly, too, if I remember correctly.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical dismissive rhetoric and proof texts from you.

You also have the last-word-itis thing pretty badly, too, if I remember correctly.

“Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division” (Luke 12:51)

I’m not the one that needs extra biblical tools.

I accept the Bible as it is written.

When the Bible says “he cannot sin”, you see “he cannot practice sin”, and so do all the other heretics and all the corrupt Bible translations!

And yet I’m your enemy because I tell you the truth without pointing you anywhere else but the Holy Bible.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division” (Luke 12:51)

I’m not the one that needs extra biblical tools.

I accept the Bible as it is written.

When the Bible says “he cannot sin”, you see “he cannot practice sin”, and so do all the other heretics and all the corrupt Bible translations!

And yet I’m your enemy because I tell you the truth without pointing you anywhere else but the Holy Bible.

"I'm not the one...,"
"I accept the Bible...,"
"I'm your enemy...,"
"I tell you the truth...."

"I," "I," "I," "I."

Yep, yep, yep.

Don't flatter yourself—I've got real enemies.

You're so good at reading minds.

Why don't you go on the road and call yourself "The Great Kreskin" or something?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You approach the Bible seeking God in humility, in prayer and godly sorrow, knowing you are a sinner and asking Him to enlighten you, to understanding His word and He will show you. If you are His Elect, He will open your eyes to Christ and you will believe. He will give you the Holy Spirit, Whom will dwell in you. All scripture is spiritually discerned with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. So that is crucial for understanding the Bible. Be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Well said!

Much love!