• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not questioning that salvation is a gift and I'm not questioning my justification in Christ. I'm just asking about my particular situation that I spelled out in post #69 and I'm asking you, Behold, and anyone else what you all would have done in my position to avoid sinning (i.e. falling short/missing the mark)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am having trouble with this. OP makes it sound so simple (just ask God to be sinless and He will make you sinless)

Well, I have been asking God to make me sinless. For years. It hasn't happened.

Just last week I sinned. Someone on the street asked me for money. I told them I didn't have any money to give them, but I did, so I lied. I didn't want to take my wallet out in front of him. So I lied with a little bit of fear mixed in. Its not always wise to give people on the street money because they may use it for drugs and alcohol, which came to my mind. I even forgot to offer to buy him something to eat. Yet another sin of lack of hospitality.

What would any of you who claim to be without sin have done if you were in my situation?
I think you will take this experience and think differently the next time. You might put a fiver in your other pocket for just an occasion like that.

Don't beat yourself up about a missed opportunity. :) Be prepared for next time should it arise.

And maybe you discerned something amiss in that situation?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm not questioning that salvation is a gift and I'm not questioning my justification in Christ. I'm just asking about my particular situation that I spelled out in post #69 and I'm asking you, Behold, and anyone else what you all would have done in my position to avoid sinning (i.e. falling short/missing the mark)

What you are worrying about, is not a problem.
Don't think about it at all., as, you'll get another chance.

Now had you done this.......... then some food for thought, would persist.

Charles Stanley, the famous USA Pastor, ... When he was in his first couple of years of Ministry, He was already in high demand, because of his oratory skill and his keen wisdom... So, every week, he was traveling to a Church to a "meeting".. and it was ... take Jet to the next Meeting... then , Taxi, Hotel, Car Ride to Church, then Car Ride back to Hotel......then the Monday morning flight.. = stuck on repeat.
So, maybe it was about the 2nd year of this and He was kinda exhausted by the Travel, regarding the physical and often emotional numbing that occurs during this process.
So, He'd finished a meeting, and it was late on a Sunday night, and He had to go back to the Hotel to pack for the Monday morning Jet.
He was tired...... And A Taxi delivered Him to the front of His Hotel, and he paid the fare, and got out into the Night.
There was a street person, nearby, and Charles Stanley felt, (in his spirit)... that He was to share with Him the Gospel.... and Charles, didnt.
He just went on into the Hotel.
He did get a good look at the face of hungry street person, however.

Next morning, Dr. Stanley is having a coffee, and reading a City News Paper and that same street person, His FACE was on the front page... He had been murdered in the Street, the night before, not long after Dr. Stanley didn't speak with Him about His eternity.
Charles realized that He didnt try to lead Him to the Lord's Grace, and Salvation.
Now noone would.
What did God do with Charles, after that ?

An incredible amount for about 70 more years.

So, see that?
If you do that, then worry about it for a few sleepless nights, but, never stay in that guilt trip, as in this Life, we dont always do the right thing, on time.
It is what it is.

Normally we get a second chance to do the right thing, the 2nd time.
And by the way, God is the author of the 2000th "2nd Chance".
Need another one Reader?
Its on the way.
(Praise God).

So, get it wrong till you get it right..
ON through the fog and into the Light

Also, i dont teach "just ask God to make you sinless, and he'll make you sinless".

What The Apostle Paul teaches is that when you understand that God has made you righteous, based on the Cross, you are to get that as your mind of Faith, and never let it go., as that is where the believer finds the power of deliverance.
You/we are to "establish your/our Heart with Grace" Hebrews 13:9 and not with trying to perform for God, hoping that this is going to be accepted.

God does not ever accept anyones works to accept them, just as "God is no respecter of persons'.

See, we were accepted by God, based on THE CROSS, = when we were "yet sinners".
So, it pretty obvious that now being accepted for that reason ONLY>..., we remain so.....
We dont need a degree in advanced spiritual discernment to realize that.... "God already took me as a lifelong sinner, so, im sure that He'll keep me now that im Born again, "in Christ" and "One with God".

Do you see that Reader??

And, regarding the "giving to the poor", some type of support.
It can be that you think too much.
What i do, is think of it as....."giving to Jesus", and i think of it as "What if that was me".

And a potential giver says......"But what if this is just a Grift, a con, a lie, a fake, what if they are just a depraved drug addict scammer, """"

Ok.
Could be.
But if they are on the street, ... can it be any worse for them?
So, Give to the Poor.
Final answer.

Last edited:

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay thank you for responding @Behold

I think you will take this experience and think differently the next time. You might put a fiver in your other pocket for just an occasion like that.

Don't beat yourself up about a missed opportunity. :) Be prepared for next time should it arise.

And maybe you discerned something amiss in that situation?
Problem is, I should be at the point where I do the right thing all the time in such a scenario. I should be abundantly prepared as I've been in the faith for about 7 years now. But okay thanks man.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Problem is, I should be at the point where I do the right thing all the time in such a scenario. I should be abundantly prepared as I've been in the faith for about 7 years now. But okay thanks man.
It's been 43 years for me and I don't think I'm done learning, brother. All good! :) <><

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The fact that you have discovered and learned something true about yourself is a clear indication that the Spirit of God is at work in you. Take courage brother. Blessed are those who mourn.

Reactions: friend of

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fact that you have discovered and learned something true about yourself is a clear indication that the Spirit of God is at work in you. Take courage brother. Blessed are those who mourn.
Well thank you. Thank you very much and have a blessed day in the Lord.

Reactions: CadyandZoe