How To Get To Heaven When You Die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
That isn't scriptural. The 5th seal proves the saved dead are in heaven not Hades. Paul also speaks a couple times about wanting to be dead to be with Christ. Obviously he doesn't believe believers go to Hades.
Wrong. The 5th seal is a vision of the future. The seven seals are only opened in the end times. The 5th and 6th seal are interconnected and speak of the first resurrection.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ewq1938 said:
No the dead are alive in another sense. Rev 6:9, And the fact Moses and Elijah appeared and spoke to Jesus though they were "dead".
What about Samuel (1 Sam 28)

He seems to have been resting in Hades...in fact, his annoyance sounds rather like one who has been awakened from sleep:

1Sa 28:15 And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

Of course, there have been exceptions. Elijah, for instance, was taken up in a whirlwind...he evidently did not die a physical death. So why could he not appear and speak to Jesus? Surely God is able to raise whom He will raise, whether they sleep or no?

On the other hand, what about all of those saints who came out of their graves at the death of Christ?

Mat 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Mat 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many

I am curious...where do you think these guys are today?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture?? If you notice in rapture movies our clothes are left behind.

Rev 6:9:11 NIV When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Wrong. The 5th seal is a vision of the future. The seven seals are only opened in the end times. The 5th and 6th seal are interconnected and speak of the first resurrection.

The 5th seal being future is meaningless to this discussion. It proves the dead aren't sleeping like you believe.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
On the other hand, what about all of those saints who came out of their graves at the death of Christ?

Mat 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Mat 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many

I am curious...where do you think these guys are today?

They were raised back to human life and would have died again at some point I assume. I alsoassume being saints that they would return to heaven where they had been.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
The 5th seal being future is meaningless to this discussion. It proves the dead aren't sleeping like you believe.
The 5th seal being future is the whole point of that seal. It is the MAIN point of which you're missing. Can you find me scripture that says we receive white robes after we die?? Uh no you can't.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
He was in hell/hades.

Wait a minute. I thought Hades was supposed to be some sort of waiting room for the damned?
You are confusing me, here...

It is. I don't see what caused any confusion.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture??
Yes.

Edit: you said "we" and we being currently alive I thought you meant the living when Jesus returns. If we died, then the answer is no, we get the robes earlier.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
You cannot be conscious of your surroundings without the breath of life in you.

Gen 3:19 NIV By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Job 34:14-15 NIV If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.
Eccl 12:7 NIV and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
The 5th seal being future is the whole point of that seal. It is the MAIN point of which you're missing. Can you find me scripture that says we receive white robes after we die?? Uh no you can't.

lol, you are missing my point of bring up the seal. Last time I'll say it: you believe the dead are sleeping but the fifth seal proves the dead are full awake and talking. Nothing about it being the future or robes has anything to do with why I mention it. The fifth seal is BEFORE the first resurrection.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture?? If you notice in rapture movies our clothes are left behind.

Rev 6:9:11 NIV When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.
I've never been interested enough to actually watch a rapture movie.
Are you saying that the people are naked?
Perhaps I ought to check this out...my grandkids have cable...

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

You do not need a body to be conscious of your surroundings as the fifth seal proves.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
and the white robe is in the fifth seal. 1+1=2. :rolleyes:

It's just symbolic of righteousness not that they have been resurrected. I was technically wrong to agree the robes are given at the time of the resurrection. I had the living saints that are changed without dying in mind...they would get their robes at the same timeframe as the resurrection but those who had been dead got robes long before.

I edited the other post to explain how I misunderstood your question:

ATP said:
Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture??
Yes.

Edit: you said "we" and we being currently alive I thought you meant the living when Jesus returns. If we died, then the answer is no, we get the robes earlier.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
I've never been interested enough to actually watch a rapture movie.
Are you saying that the people are naked?
Perhaps I ought to check this out...my grandkids have cable...
Not naked, but rather we receive our white robes.

ewq1938 said:
You do not need a body to be conscious of your surroundings as the fifth seal proves.
Then show me in scripture where we receive white robes BEFORE the first resurrection.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Not naked, but rather we receive our white robes.

Then show me in scripture where we receive white robes BEFORE the first resurrection.

See the 5th seal. That is a period of time before the tribulation where the dead are asking when God will avenge their deaths and they are told more still have to die like they did...a reference to the trib. All long before the first resurrection which happens after the trib.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
It's just symbolic of righteousness not that they have been resurrected. I was technically wrong to agree the robes are given at the time of the resurrection. I had the living saints that are changed without dying in mind...they would get their robes at the same timeframe as the resurrection but those who had been dead got robes long before.
So we're naked in heaven? lol You cannot be conscious of your surroundings without the breath of life in you. You're having a hard time grasping this fact.

Gen 3:19 NIV By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Job 34:14-15 NIV If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.
Eccl 12:7 NIV and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
So we're naked in heaven?

Did you already forget the robes mentioned?

Again, you don't need a body to be conscious of your surroundings. Soul sleep is a false doctrine rejected by Christianity. What religion/denomination are you? Christadelphian?