How To Get To Heaven When You Die

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
Again, you don't need a body to be conscious of your surroundings. Soul sleep is a false doctrine rejected by Christianity. What religion/denomination are you? Christadelphian?
I'm a born again christian who studies Hebrew and Greek, and I'm simply going by what scripture plainly says about the breath of life.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Let's tackle post 79 first and the breath of life.

That's been handled already. Your belief is incorrect.

What religion/denomination are you? Christadelphian? Seventh day Adventist? Jehovah's witness? Those are the only ones I know of that teach soul sleep.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
I'm a born again christian who studies Hebrew and Greek
But is there a name for your denomination/church? Soul sleep is not taught in Protestant or Lutheran churches.

Do you also keep the Sabbath?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
But is there a name for your denomination/church? Soul sleep is not taught in Protestant or Lutheran churches.

Good way to dodge post 79.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Good way to dodge post 79.

Who is the one dodging? I answered that before and a second time in post 80 yet you are dodging my question about your denomination. It's important for me to know your background so I can better understand why you believe as you do.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
Who is the one dodging? I answered that before and a second time in post 80 yet you are dodging my question about your denomination. It's important for me to know your background so I can better understand why you believe as you do.
Why I believe we cannot exist without the breath of life in us? Are you being serious?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Why I believe we cannot exist without the breath of life in us? Are you being serious?

Yes. Now, will you answer the question or not?
But is there a name for your denomination/church?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
It's funny. I've been on forums for three years now, and it's the same old routine. If someone doesn't agree with you they always ask you if you're a Jehovah Witness lol.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ewq1938 said:
Now, this is interesting.
When I asked you this same question, you told me you were "non-denominational", and I accepted that.
Now, I am curious...
What does "non-denominational" mean to you?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
It's funny. I've been on forums for three years now, and it's the same old routine. If someone doesn't agree with you they always ask you if you're a Jehovah Witness lol.

I was asked the same question and didn't dodge it or take offense...I don't just any of the denoms I mentioned I just want to know.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
I was asked the same question and didn't dodge it or take offense...I don't just any of the denoms I mentioned I just want to know.
Denominations are based on religion. God is not religion. God is love, and without God's breath of life in us we do not continue living. God will breathe the breath of life in us at the first resurrection.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
For instance, I keep the Sabbath...but I am not an SDA, or any other kind of sabbatarian. I keep it at home.
I believe that Christ is currently preparing a place for those who will be with Him...and I do not pretend at all to know what or where this place will be.
I do not believe in Hades as anything other than the grave, where, for lack of a better explanation, the dead sleep...

I don't belong to any particular denomination, as I have yet to find one that agrees with what I believe...but, when I do go to church, I usually attend a small Southern Baptist church near my home.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Now, this is interesting.
When I asked you this same question, you told me you were "non-denominational", and I accepted that.
Now, I am curious...
What does "non-denominational" mean to you?

It means I am your basic Protestant type Christian but the issue is they don't believe in soul sleep. That is specific to certain groups which is why I am asking about it but ATP won't answer. Won't answer about the Sabbath either. When people avoid answering about their beliefs there is a reason. Now, if this forum bans JW or 7th day Adventists or Christadelphians then I understand why no answer is given but if they don't, then why not answer? Like I have said, I won't judge whatever the answer is. I've had discussions with each group on forums....more with Christadelphians tho. They are more willing in general to discuss their beliefs that I have experienced. All good ppl IMO, just some doctrines I don't agree with.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Denominations are based on religion. God is not religion. God is love, and without God's breath of life in us we do not continue living. God will breathe the breath of life in us at the first resurrection.

Do you attend a church?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ewq1938 said:
It means I am your basic Protestant type Christian but the issue is they don't believe in soul sleep. That is specific to certain groups which is why I am asking about it but ATP won't answer. Won't answer about the Sabbath either. When people avoid answering about their beliefs there is a reason. Now, if this forum bans JW or 7th day Adventists or Christadelphians then I understand why no answer is given but if they don't, then why not answer? Like I have said, I won't judge whatever the answer is. I've had discussions with each group on forums....more with Christadelphians tho. They are more willing in general to discuss their beliefs that I have experienced. All good ppl IMO, just some doctrines I don't agree with.
I'm curious.
What is a "Christadelphian"?
That's one I don't think I've ever heard of before...