How to handle heretics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How to handle heretics really means how to handle people that disagree with you...

Maybe start with respecting each others opinions.
With so many denominations there are bound to be disagreements and none of us really know everything.
Those that claim to be infallible are the most fallible.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle Paul warned us about such people:

Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

It's not uncommon to find such people on various Christian forum sites. Pray for them, share the gospel and reason through the scriptures with them, yet there comes a time when you need to shake the dust off your shoes and move on. You can't force heretics to accept the truth.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have two options: (1) ignore them and (2) rebuke them. But since you are a dyed-in-the-wool Calvinist, you would not be taken seriously. Calvinism is essentially heresy.

interesting, since you may have noticed that there arent many reformed folk on here. I think i have seen about 5 other reformed on here. Truth is, this place has a bit of a bad reputation on some reformed forums, as being a place to avoid. It would seem that we think the same of you, as you do of us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This forum has a ton of bad theology, some heretical, some not. My question is, how should heretics be handled?

They should be taken seriously as being deceived by the Devil.

Spotting them is very easy.
As.....Every Heretic will believe that they can lose their salvation, as that is THE deception that is found in them all.
Some have really crazy Theology, but, the one common denominator is that they do not believe that Jesus or God = keeps them saved.

So, reader, when you dont believe that Jesus keeps you saved, HIMSELF< or GOD, HIMSELF< then what is left for you to believe that gets you into heaven?
What is it?

THINK !!!!!

Its YOURSELF.....trying to do something.... And that can be..."im holding unto my faith".. or "im keeping commandments", or
"I joined the one true Church".... Or..."im enduring to the end". "My salvation is all about ME ME ME ME doing something, vs, only trusting in Christ to get me to heaven"

See all that? ??
That is YOU Trusting YOU....as you dont TRUST CHRIST or God To get you into heaven.
What does that literally mean?
It means your faith is wrong, or broken. And Paul says you are "fallen from GRACE"<... "bewitched"...and "In the Flesh".
It means that Jesus if off the Cross, and YOU are up there on it, as your FAITH.

So, what is the worst thing about heretics as found on a Forum?
Its the fact that they can ruin your faith for life, and most especially the faith of a New Christian.
And that, is the one thing that the Devil wants..
He wants a new Christian to be FAITH DESTROYED, and then their entire life is nothing but nothing for God.

See, if you have a head full of theology and can teach it, then that is actually harmful unless what you teach is based on your correct understanding of the Grace of God that is the foundation of your FAITH.
And when you are trying to keep yourself SAVED, and trying not to go to hell, then that is THE proof that you have no real faith in Christ.
Its gone, or was never there to begin with.
So, you'll teach what harms real believers, especially the new believers, and that is the devil's work.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See, if you have a head full of theology and can teach it, then that is actually harmful unless what you teach is based on your correct understanding of the Grace of God that is the foundation of your FAITH.
What is the “correct understanding of the grace of God”?
Is grace a licence to sin? Can we lose our salvation? (2 Peter 2:20-22)

Just as a person saved from drowning could fall or jump back into the water, a person who has been saved from sin but fails to keep exercising faith could lose out on salvation. For this reason, the Bible urges Christians who have received salvation....
“Beloved ones, although I was making every effort to write you about the salvation we hold in common, I found it necessary to write you to urge you to put up a hard fight for the faith that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones.” (Jude 3)

It also warns those who have been saved.....
“Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12)

Some people will not be saved, even when they assumed that they were. (Matthew 7:21-23)
When Jesus was asked, “Are those being saved few?” he replied:Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able.” (Luke 13:23-24) Why will they “not be able” when it is their desire to be saved? Because they have been swayed by the lies of the Master deceiver, who will mislead even the elect if he can. His propaganda is very convincing to those he can deceive. The ‘counterfeit’ faith (the weeds of Jesus’ parable) has gone unchallenged for centuries, but not any more.....the jig is up.....the scriptures themselves prove that although “divine” in his origins.....Jesus is not God....not his equal in any way.

And when you are trying to keep yourself SAVED, and trying not to go to hell, then that is THE proof that you have no real faith in Christ.
Well, since there is no such place as “Hell”....we do not have to fear it, therefore the devil has nothing to use against us. Fear is his greatest weapon. God does not want us to serve him in fear...but in genuine love for who he really is.

Its gone, or was never there to begin with.
So, you'll teach what harms real believers, especially the new believers, and that is the devil's work.
The devil’s work is being undone by the truth of God’s word.....but “few” are not so indoctrinated that the fear of Hell will prevent them from hearing an unpopular message.....Jesus is not God because he cannot be his own Father. The fact that the scriptures confirm his creation is not accepted to deaf ears and blinded minds. (Revelation 3:14; Colossians 1:15; 2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

God chooses whom he will reveal his truth to (John 6:65).....and they will never accept that Jesus is anything but the divine “son of God”.....his “only-begotten”.....who became a human to offer his life in exchange for ours. He is God’s “holy servant” (Acts 4:27)...and we too follow him as servants of “Our Father”.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Says the JW cultist. That's rich.
You can never say why you believe that JW’s are a cult Enoch......nor do you ever have answers to the questions posed to you. What if it is you who have followed the teachings of an ancient cult? How would you know? Do you think the people who protest their innocence at the judgment imagine for one moment that they are not true Christians? They acknowledge Jesus as their “Lord”....but....
Matthew 7:21-23...
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
(KJV)

Imagine being on the receiving end of that rejection....?

How can these be so deceived? Weren’t they doing all the things they said? How then are they unrecognizable as Jesus’ disciples......how are they ‘workers of iniquity’?

Be careful where you place your trust.....in a world ruled by the devil, all that appears to be truth....isn’t. (1 John 5:19)

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can never say why you believe that JW’s are a cult Enoch......nor do you ever have answers to the questions posed to you. What if it is you who have followed the teachings of an ancient cult? How would you know? Do you think the people who protest their innocence at the judgment imagine for one moment that they are not true Christians? They acknowledge Jesus as their “Lord”....but....
Matthew 7:21-23...
“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
(KJV)

Imagine being on the receiving end of that rejection....?

How can these be so deceived? Weren’t they doing all the things they said? How then are they then unrecognisable as Jesus’ disciples......how are they ‘workers of iniquity’?

Be careful where you place your trust.....in a world ruled by the devil, all that appears to be truth....isn’t. (1 John 5:19)

It is better to be wrong in doctrine but be humble and fear the Lord. Nowhere does it say that God gives grace to the doctrinally accurate. Much of Western Christendom is based on accuracy of beliefs. Can you say "the emperor's new clothes?"

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This forum has a ton of bad theology, some heretical, some not. My question is, how should heretics be handled?

Hello lifelong,

Unless there is an agreed upon arbiter i dont see how this question can be reaolved..
Are you suggesting yourself as arbiter?

Pax et Bonun

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i couldnt find a thumbs up emoji so this will have to do.

;)
thumbs-up-4007573_1280.png