How To Overcome Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to Overcome Evil, by Debp

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see that you are honorable. Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible. Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for it is written,

"I will take vengeance; I will repay those that deserve it," says the Lord. Instead, do what the Scriptures say: "If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink, and they will be ashamed of what they have done to you." Don't let evil get the best of you, but conquer evil by doing good. Romans 12:17-21 (NLT)

Do you ever notice when people fight back when someone wrongs them, that this just seems to escalate the situation for the worse? Many times I have seen this happen, sometimes with a tragic outcome.

As Christians, we are to use our wisdom and follow the teachings that the Lord gave us. Doing this will often defuse a potentially explosive situation. We are also to remember that God is the One who will take vengeance on our behalf. So keep on overcoming evil with good, pray for your enemies, and let God right any wrongs against you. You will be a much happier Christian by letting God fight your battles for you.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
How to Overcome Evil, by Debp

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see that you are honorable. Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible. Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for it is written,

"I will take vengeance; I will repay those that deserve it," says the Lord. Instead, do what the Scriptures say: "If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink, and they will be ashamed of what they have done to you." Don't let evil get the best of you, but conquer evil by doing good. Romans 12:17-21 (NLT)

Do you ever notice when people fight back when someone wrongs them, that this just seems to escalate the situation for the worse? Many times I have seen this happen, sometimes with a tragic outcome.

As Christians, we are to use our wisdom and follow the teachings that the Lord gave us. Doing this will often defuse a potentially explosive situation. We are also to remember that God is the One who will take vengeance on our behalf. So keep on overcoming evil with good, pray for your enemies, and let God right any wrongs against you. You will be a much happier Christian by letting God fight your battles for you.
Sometimes its hard when you were beaten by enemy from inside your body, the evil does make advantage from our body and the war of our soul is from outside and inside our body. We need to ride the angry bull that conquers our own mind and focus to calming down.

1 Peter 2:11
Beloved, I beseech you as sojourners and pilgrims, to abstain from fleshly lust, which war against the soul;