• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We just released the first of a 3 part series on spiritual warfare. This week, it was all about the armor of God. Learning what the pieces represent and how we put them on and use them today to be warriors for the Lord and get some victory over the plans of the enemy!

We also spoke about what, in my opinion, is one of the absolute best Bible study workbooks for believers. Check it out if you're interested.

If anyone would like a prayer that you can use to "put on" the whole armor of God every day, please let me know and we'll get one for you!

Listen in on YOUTUBE, SPOTIFY, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Please please please share your feedback and thoughts on the value of the armor and any insights you have that we missed! You have no idea how hearing your thoughts on these messages encourages us to keep going! Likewise, if you have constructive criticism, I'd love to hear it.

As always, this is not making us any money, quite the contrary, we're just stepping out of our comfort zone to do what we believe the Lord is calling us to do!
God bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you able to post a transcript?

Much love!
Unfortunately not. We're just small potatoes out there trying to do our best for the Lord, I don't have any way to provide a transcript at this point, maybe someday!
We're working on the prayer for putting on the full armor of God so if that's something that interests you, I'll post it here when it's done or, if you prefer, contact us on www.thefathershouse.com and include your e-mail, I'll make sure to send you a copy if it's something you'd like.
Sorry I couldn't be more help :(

Reactions: marks

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there stuff on the video that you can share here on the forum? Or would it be better to just listen to the things you said on the video you did?

I hope you grow and have followers on the work that you're doing. I'll pray on that if you want me to.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much! We're not doing this for our own personal benefit, but to do the will of God. I'd love you to listen to the video but I can give you a list of topics we discussed:
  • Girding up your loins (Biblical meaning)
  • The blood of Christ in spiritual warfare
  • The 6 pieces of armor, historical meaning of each, and how that relates to how we, as modern-day believers, can use our armor and wield the sword of the spirit.
  • The garments of praise, peace, and love.
  • Bible Study recommendation "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby
  • Waging war against the agents of the enemy
We're getting ready to release another podcast, tomorrow, on that last point where we talk about the different spirits that the Devil uses to kill, still, and destroy and how we can be more than conquerors through Christ!

If time is an issue, try listening to an episode while you're doing something else (like cleaning the house) or listen to 10 minutes one day, 10 the next. They're usually between 25-35 minutes total. I listen to Christian podcasts and videos in the car, at night while I'm getting ready to go to bed, while I'm cleaning house. Same goes for praise music.

I hope this helps!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
p.s. We have a lot of messages from growing your faith to God's plan for marriage, to God's willl for your life, and much more. I pray that you can gleam even a small blessing from them and if you have a question you'd like answered, please let us know!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A little criticism here. Don't start a thread with a title you are not willing to lay out. It's dishonest to post a title as a solicitation of a self-help publication. To me that is very worldly. I tend to not think much of teachings that need and use a worldly approach towards other believers.

The irony is that the come-on in the title would not attract any non-believers. So then the worldliness must be ingrained in your own processes. I think you need to learn a lot more before you assume you know "how to" do anything spiritual. Regardless a "how-to" is ALWAYS worldly. It works for things like building birdhouses or for home renovations...but it doesn't work where resurrection life and power are concerned.

I suggest a thread titled "How do we put on the full armour of God?" That way you don't come across as pontificating instead allowing for constructive and informative dialogue. Do you realize that perhaps other people already know how to put on the armour of God...EVEN without your help? :)

We are to allow the gifts in the Body to come out for all to benefit.

These threads are not meant to serve as ministry fodder but for dialogue.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkoopos,
I believe you've totally taken this post in a way that was never intended. Let me respond to a few points you made:

"A little criticism here. Don't start a thread with a title you are not willing to lay out. It's dishonest to post a title as a solicitation of a self-help publication. To me that is very worldly. I tend to not think much of teachings that need and use a worldly approach towards other believers."

I never intended this to be a solicitation. I've clarified that many times. I'm not getting anything out of this. I'm not selling anything, nor do I intend to. We believe God has called us to provide help to believers who are struggling to find victory. That's the entirety of it. There's noting worldly intended, simply saying to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, if you need help, here is something we put together that may be a blessing to you.
If you took it as a worldly solicitation, I apologize. It wasn't intended.

"I think you need to learn a lot more before you assume you know "how to" do anything spiritual."
There are a lot of Christians that we may not agree with; however, I don't make a practice of assuming that I know more than anyone else. Folks should weigh anything they hear against what the Word says. The Holy Spirit should be our teacher, first and foremost. All of use have a need to learn a lot more.

Regardless a "how-to" is ALWAYS worldly. It works for things like building birdhouses or for home renovations...but it doesn't work where resurrection life and power are concerned.
This isn't a "How To". It's Biblically-based resource that a believer can opt to use or not. My heart is genuinely to help my fellow believers. Nothing I say is of my own personal opinion, it's based on the Word and I encourage researching it yourself.

Do you realize that perhaps other people already know how to put on the armour of God...EVEN without your help? :)
Of course! If you don't need the information, then by all means, don't use it. It's there for those who are suffering, struggling to understand, etc. I don't believe that I am personally anything special. It's all about what Christ can do through me.

If nothing else, I hope you at least take away that my intention here is honest and forthright. I'm not making money from this. It's just me, giving my time and heart, to help the children of the most high God who need it. If only one person gets some victory in their life, then it was worth my time. I'm far more concerned about hearing "well done my good and faithful servant" than any boon this world could possibly give me.

If I can offer you a word of advice now, give people the benefit of the doubt. The Word says we should demonstrate love and tolerance for one another, not assume the worst.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos