How was your day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My days' gone okay. The thumbscrews are being tightened on us anti-vaxers but I have to stand my ground.
Adjusting to loss is not a pleasant thing. I wonder if I'll ever get used to it. Have a nice day, Wynona!

Reactions: marks and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I listened to a YouTube Bible Study on confidence and I began to cry.

God began to deal with me about how I felt so different growing up and how it affects me today. He confronted me on this struggle I have over my appearance and I could see how it has been a snare and unneeded worry in my life.

I asked God to help me not think in the patterns I had been. He reminded me thay each person is created in God's image, and therefore reflects His beauty. And that I am not to worry about things like that.

I believe I am different but its for a reason. I am made for His great purpose.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today started off good, but then i fell back into one of my besetting sins tonite and i felt pretty bad about it. I gotta tell ya, if we could just not sin, it sure would make life better. The never ending battle gets old some days.

I definitely understand that feeling. It all starts over with new mercies each day. Keep pursuing God. Don't give up!

Some of my greatest strengths have come from repenting from terrible sin.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I definitely understand that feeling. It all starts over with new mercies each day. Keep pursuing God. Don't give up!

Some of my greatest strengths have come from repenting from terrible sin.
Amen!

Sometimes I have really wondered when after having sinned grievously and then having repented... THEN God has given me understanding of things that I scarcely ever thought about before. Why does He do that?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

So what do we do? We keep on doing it all the way He said... by faith!

What a mighty God we serve!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was really nice, Wynona. Sure seems like it was the Lord to me. Thank you for stepping out in faith. One can get this kind of a thing on YouTube, but we've talked to each other and this makes it kinda special. I liked what you said about the masked-unmasked. It's easy to lose sight of that on the forum. :)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is very stormy here in the U.K………..October winds and rain. ( kind of pleased to be recovery at home as I should have been at work today,so I would have got swept along !!
Petrol crisis still causing major problems here, stupid people. Some one says there is going to be a shortage so everyone goes out and panic buys the stuff…..so we get a shortage !!!!!! What’s it like with you @Pearl ?
Got my oldest son coming over to spend the evening with my youngest…..after he has watched football with my dad - as it is local I think the ball may just get blown into the net !!!! Lol
Rita