How will we know the real Jesus from a false prophet?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John MacArthur has had a some critics come against him for lining up with Hillsong and other ministries that support gay marriage and such...
Then He is asked if a person receives the mark of the beast can they still be saved....he says yes, I think they can.

John MacArthur has stated that one can take the mark of the beast, worshiping Satan and his image, and still be saved. The Bible says the exact opposite. He is exposed here as condemning himself unwittingly. His friend and partner Phil Johnson of Grace to You along with Chris Rosebrough of Pirate Christian Radio and Fighting for the Faith also join in condemning MacArthur. This is the fruit of personal favoritism; blind irrationality. John MacArthur propagates a damnable false teaching that is simply a lie. His sycophants Phil Johnson, Todd Friel, Justin Peters, etc. have all defended him saying that there is only one unpardonable sin; only one blasphemy of the holy spirit. After this, they all have some explaining to do. See Jacob Prasch confront this teaching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHvk... See: http://beginningofsorrows.org/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ServusChrist...

Wow, I cannot even fathom preaching this.....the mark of the beast is a big no-no....do not take it...there is no turning back.
The Mark of the Beast determination will be in regard to the Law of God. It will be the final test in time; the test which has been the same throughout the history of those claiming God’s favour ie, does one submit to the laws of men or the Laws of God.

While there is still confusion on what constitutes either God is long suffering but a time not far hence will make the issues crystal clear.

Those who choose for the muddying of the waters with clever arguments will take the path of least resistance....they will have made their choices and by default identify their allegiance. This is The Mark.

Those whose deliberate choice is to walk the track less travelled will receive the ire of men with its accompanying consequences.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 24:17
For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

God's coming will be a sight that all will see and behold.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy, has this not ever caused you to wonder and ponder? Perhaps it is still something yet to come....thoughts?

Sure, I have pondered it and have been praying for the discernment for many years now. Not only for this issue but for all things.
I think we will know Him when He stands on the Mount of Olives while fighting the evil Nations (slaying them with the Sword of The Spirit/ the Word cuts like a sword) Rev. 19:15 and it splits in two causing, a wide valley.

"And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."
Zechariah 14:4

So, silly as it sounds...I have learned to recognize red flags and go with my gut in certain instances...He has taught me several very though lessons in recognizing His voice over another, lol. And, that is where I must stand on this issue; having faith that I WILL recognize an impostor. He won't fail me as He is so faithful! Jjust need to exercise discernment and trust, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."
Zechariah 14:4
That is where He took off from in the Book of Acts, and is promised to return. So, that will probably happen right away.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where He took off from in the Book of Acts, and is promised to return. So, that will probably happen right away.

"...in the same manner as you see Him leave..." Yes, Amen.
When you say "right away", what is it you mean?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say "right away", what is it you mean?
Instead of
  • landing,
  • doing something else, first, and then
  • going to the Mount of Olives later to split the valley,
He will probably split the valley shortly after touchdown (since He'll be there already). It could still play out differently, but that is one scenario that I see.

(edit: Turning the Mount of Olives into a valley would be further evidence of authenticity... ;))

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmm, I have read that text in Acts as stating he will come in like manner as in the clouds (seeing this is what the angels addressed to the disciples as they stood gazing up). I do not see it as meaning the same location.

The text in Zechariah speaking of touching down on Mt Olivet I think is referring to another scheduled event.
I understand this can be confusing. I take my que from the texts that tell us we will meet the Lord in the air when he comes in the clouds (whether that means millions of angels or fluffy white water retainers I do not know, possibly both).

In any case what I pick up from the account of events re the 2nd coming in 1Corinthians 15, 1 Thessalonians 4 and Matthew 24 is that he will not touch the ground.

The event re touching the mount of Olives mentioned in Zechariah (call it the 3rd if you like) is also a subject worthy of unraveling.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time.
So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it". Matthew 24:23-26

The confusing thing in the passage above is that Jesus is telling us not to believe when someone comes with signs and wonders claiming to be the Son of God.
How then will we know? How can we be sure?

Jesus performed many miracles but there were still people who didn't believe him
In a world filled with so much deception it's hard to believe anything

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:9

The evil one is quite capable of performing signs and wonders. He masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:13

It will be very hard to know for sure if the person claiming to be the Son of God really is.

Many people believe that the age of apostleship ended after St Paul and reject any prophet and/or revelations which occur after it.
This view makes it impossible to accept Christ when he returns

I would say this first of all. As a child of God, born-again, and having the Holy Spirit, you will know the real Christ from the false. Irregardless of your understanding of eschatology or any other thing in the Bible, of that you can be certain.

Next, as a dispensationalist, and pre-trib believer, this passage is not confusing. It is not addressing the Church as the Church has been taken out at the Rapture. It is addressing the believing Jews, during the later part of the Tribulation period.

Jesus is not returning the Second time as he came the first time. He is not going to go around doing miracles and persuading others He is the Christ. When He comes the Second time, not only are the believers going to know who He is, but so will the unbelieving. There will be such a stupendous display at his Second coming that all will know Who He is. Just like the unbelieving will know that the day of wrath, the Tribulation period, is also from God and Christ. See (Rev. 6:15-17)

(2 Thess. 2:9) is addressing that Day of the Lord, the Tribulation period, where the anti-christ will be revealed. But the Thessalonian believers are encouraged to not be worried about it. (2 Thess. 2:1-2)

(2 Cor. 11:13) is a warning to the Church to beware of satan's deception in the church. As satan manifests himself as an angel of light, so will those who are his ministers. (2 Cor. 11:14-15)

See (Acts 16:16-18). Paul cast the demon out of a slave girl who was proclaiming Paul and the disciples were servants of God. This was a true statement. But Paul didn't need a demon possessed woman saying it.

So, we who are believers now, the Church, are not to be taken in by miracles, or signs. And, not even correct teaching. satan will come with the truth as much as he can. As long as we know this, then we do have the Word of God and the Spirit of God, and we watch. And I trust the Spirit of God in the believer to make him uncomfortable around any false apostle.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John MacArthur has had a some critics come against him for lining up with Hillsong and other ministries that support gay marriage and such...
Then He is asked if a person receives the mark of the beast can they still be saved....he says yes, I think they can.

John MacArthur has stated that one can take the mark of the beast, worshiping Satan and his image, and still be saved. The Bible says the exact opposite. He is exposed here as condemning himself unwittingly. His friend and partner Phil Johnson of Grace to You along with Chris Rosebrough of Pirate Christian Radio and Fighting for the Faith also join in condemning MacArthur. This is the fruit of personal favoritism; blind irrationality. John MacArthur propagates a damnable false teaching that is simply a lie. His sycophants Phil Johnson, Todd Friel, Justin Peters, etc. have all defended him saying that there is only one unpardonable sin; only one blasphemy of the holy spirit. After this, they all have some explaining to do. See Jacob Prasch confront this teaching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHvk... See: http://beginningofsorrows.org/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ServusChrist...

Wow, I cannot even fathom preaching this.....the mark of the beast is a big no-no....do not take it...there is no turning back.

I do not keep up with MacArthur to know his views on end time events. I had a hard enough time with his views of grace.

I have wondered after the 'mark of the beast'. It will occur, I believe, within the natural flow of events so that it is not perceived as aligning oneself with a satanic beast. The beast is not going to come along and say ' I am the beast, and everyone needs to take my mark'. This is why I think any Corona virus vaccine would 'not' be the mark of the beast, but it is paving the way for that. People are being prepared to cooperate with such an order from government. So that it will appear as a good obedient thing to do.

I agree, we are warned not to take the 'mark'. So, the believers in that day will recognize it, whatever it manifests itself as, and refuse it.

Stranger

Reactions: Heart2Soul

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What of those who attribute a different spirit to the same historical person of Jesus? Such a Jesus would have a different identity from the real Jesus and could be impersonated by a demon.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What of those who attribute a different spirit to the same historical person of Jesus? Such a Jesus would have a different identity from the real Jesus and could be impersonated by a demon.
I think all those who claimed in that list had a demon of delusion in them....:eek:.....I guess what I envisioned as the false messiah would be one who performed signs and wonders and would have a lot of publicity...that would mimic the Anti-Christ as well.....I am so blown away that there have been as many as what was listed.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I have view many of John MacArthur's messages, and I have not seen anything of what you have described here. I have watched his messages on the end times and he believes in a pre-trib rapture, so I can't see how he could teach that a person could take the mark of the beast and be saved. It doesn't make sense. In all the messages I have watched, he has not said anything of the sort.

Also, I can't see him siding with Hillsong, seeing that he does not support the Charismatic movement, of which Hillsong is a part.

I just wonder if there is some false news here.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have view many of John MacArthur's messages, and I have not seen anything of what you have described here. I have watched his messages on the end times and he believes in a pre-trib rapture, so I can't see how he could teach that a person could take the mark of the beast and be saved. It doesn't make sense. In all the messages I have watched, he has not said anything of the sort.

Also, I can't see him siding with Hillsong, seeing that he does not support the Charismatic movement, of which Hillsong is a part.

I just wonder if there is some false news here.
I listened to his answers when he was asked about the mark.....but I don't know anything about the man. I searched it out to find out more.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks guys.
Im still wondering how everyone on earth will be able to see Him coming down from the clouds.
Surely we won't see Him if He comes down on the other side of the world or if we are asleep
And with the media being so anti-Christian can we rely on them to deliver the message to everyone

Reactions: Waiting on him