How will we know the real Jesus from a false prophet?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We will either see Jesus when we leave this world as believers or when He comes back to get us all there on the white colt/horse.
prolly not, sorry.
See, the confidence level alone invokes Paul's statement about the "confidence" surrounding that concept, that most believers misQuote as "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord," and we have plenty of other Scripture that refutes that as well. So fwiw if you had said "I think" or "I believe," well then i would have no comment, but you are stating beliefs as if they were truth, and you cannot Quote any of that?

also note the confusion surrounding what "Jesus" is even supposed to eventually do, for Christians? "When you leave this world" was supposed to be accomplished long time ago, right, not when you have literally died? And @ "when He comes back to get us" where will "you all" be going then, supposedly?

Arent you supposed to be "the Body of Christ?"
See how "Jesus, Returning" is a complete denial of that?
Return to Me, and I will return to you

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will either see Jesus when we leave this world as believers or when He comes back to get us all there on the white colt/horse.
We will return with Him like this....

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Reactions: theophilus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
3The one who reads this is blessed, and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep what is written in it are blessed, because the time is near!

see, the time is near! was written 2000 years ago, bc it was as near then as it is now, and there is no Special Snowflake Generation of Believers that Yah Has Decided to Respect; Christ, Spirit, is coming, when one opens their eyes!

6and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father--the glory and dominion are His forever and ever. Amen.
7Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, including those who pierced Him. And all the families of the earth will mourn over Him. This is certain. Amen."

so, an occasion for mourning, when He comes "in the clouds," just like Scripture says see, is turned into an occasion for celebration!
When Jesus! our Apollos! "returns" to take all the Special Snowflakes...somewhere. It's deceived crap ok

8I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "the One who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty."

little children, do not be deceived

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's easy imo to get drawn into prognosticating and divining, like you are doing, so while i dont blame you i do suggest that what you are saying is not true, and will not come to pass in the literal way you infer. You will see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up right? Every eye will see Him surely means that those who are still using their "eyes" rather than their "eye" are going to be disappointed

Ezekiel 13:19-22 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies? [20] Wherefore thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. [21] Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the Lord. [22] Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:

Ezekiel 13:23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bible points out that Jesus Christ does not come down as a Man in the flesh in the 2ed coming in fact.
If one claims to be Jesus Christ in the flesh he is not.
When Jesus Christ comes again he comes in his "Majesty". Everyone will know that he is the one. just like the Truly born again know him now.
Jesus Christ never left us, he said I will never leave you ? he has been here from the beginning and will be here to the end.
He is the Alpha and the Omega !

Reactions: Helen

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if someone reads some Scripture and then says "_____ will happen tomorrow" they are fortune-tellers, ok, regardless of how sincere or earnest they are. Jesus is not "returning" in some magical pagan display of miracle, even if every eye will see Him, you will see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up bc Christ is Spirit surely?
And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.
Luke 24:38-40 ESV

The physical body of Jesus was resurrected. He ascended in that body and he will return in it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pre-trib is the meeting in the clouds before the tribulation.

There are several different views on the rapture, second coming and millennium.

You get it there are many different end of end time views.

@ Cristo Rei

Yes there are many views on pre-mid-post end of days Tribulation.

IN BRIEF;

The MAJOR factor is understanding:
(1)
Everything (Heaven & Earth, abominanitions and corruptions in the lower heavens and upon holy ground on Earth);
and
Everyone (Heavenly holy angels, fallen angels, Faithful to God, Unfaithful to God, Faithful to God and Christ, Unfaithful to God and Christ, Gods Chosen 12 Tribes, Deflectors of Gods Chosen Tribes, Christ's Chosen Jews and Gentiles, Deflectors of Christ's Chosen Jews and Gentiles)...."ALL"...
MUST...SHALL...WILL BE CONTENDED WITH,
(Saved or destroyed) BY the Lord God Himself, (according to the day and Time of His Choosing).

(3) So YES...pre-mid-post Tribulation...ALL play a part....in WHO is Saved WHEN...and WHO (WHAT) is "Redeemed" WHEN and WHY.

3) The length of Time and Manner of The Lord Gods Choosing to Deal with Each Specific "Every-THING"... is revealed in Scripture.

3) The Scriptural Teaching:
"THAT IS PARAMOUNT"....
"IS"...
About the "INDIVIDUAL".

4) It "ALL" hinges "ON" WHAT an INDIVIDUAL "Chooses"....AND...WHEN that INDIVIDUAL "Chooses".

5) The "INDIVIDUALS" "Choice"....
"IS"... THAT individual's...."STANDING".

6) Some...STAND in God, STAND in God & Christ Jesus, STAND in Mythical gods, STAND in Men gods, STAND in Women gods, STAND in Statue gods, STAND in Demonic (fallen angels) gods, Stand in Earth gods, STAND on different things day to day, etc.

7) "ALL" have their Precise Timeframe/ day and hour The Lord God SHALL deal With Each.

8) Scripture teaches...to the INDIVUAL...
"Choose" YOU "YOURSELF" this day..."YOUR OWN STANDING"...

9) And "Be WISE"... which means;
LEARN and KNOW ... "WHAT SHALL BE"...
The Effect/RESULT...of "YOUR" Choice/STANDING.

10) MY "Choice-STANDING"...IS...
In Agreement WITH...The Lord God Almighty.
(Lord / Son
(God / Father
(Almighty / Power / Christ

Josh 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD,choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

1 Cor
[24] But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

(11) The Individuals "Choosing"...is Paramount.

Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

(12) Dependant Upon an Individual's STANDING...Scripture "Reveals" AND "Verifies" Precisely WHAT that Individual CAN Expect.

(13) We ARE "Currently"...in the days of "SORROWS". (Wars, nations against nations, children against parents and siblings, falling away from Faith, weather disturbances increasing, famines, diseases, hatred toward the Faithful in God and Christ Jesus, etc.

(14) AND...
Political Powers "roundtable gathering of Multiple Nations diplomacy" speaking Openly of "Peace and Safety" while Individually Plotting Secret Deceptions.

1 Thes 5:
[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Bottom Line:
Learn Your OWN Options.
Made Your OWN Choice.
"Apply" to Yourself What Scripture Reveals, SHALL "Apply" to You, Because of YOUR Choice.

What Scripturally APPLIES TO me...IS what Scripture Reveals APPLIES TO a man "IN" Christ the Lord Jesus.

My Body, Soul, Spirit has Been "MADE" Whole, BY the Power of God.

No part of me...body, soul, spirit...IS Subject To the Lambs or God Wrath.

The "Specific" catching UP / (Rapture)... APPLIES TO "any" man "MADE" Whole.
That Which SHALL be Caught UP...(Raptured) TO the Clouds...
Is The WHOLE...Body, soul, spirit.
Before the Tribulation,

While others...WILL BE "SOUL" Saved "During" (mid) Tribulation...and Their SOULS, taken Up TO Heaven...their Body's Shall Remain ON Earth, physically DEAD, rotting corpse', and BE Raised Up "After"...the 1,000 yr reign of "of Christ Jesus", His Church, His Saints, and Mortals still occupying the Earth, void of Angelic Demonic presence....

Know your Options.
Make your Individual Choice/Standing.
Learn What (Scripturally )APPLIES TO YOU, Based ON your chosen STANDING.
Don't Be Troubled...By What "other" Individuals Choose as "THEIR" Standing.

John 14:
  • [1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
  • [27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible points out that Jesus Christ does not come down as a Man in the flesh in the 2ed coming in fact.

Um, Yes Jesus (2nd coming) Appears as a Man...if He didn't NO Human eyes could See Him.

The difference IS the First time, "He came" as a Servant...(not Christ)
Him Being Christ, was Revealed After Him being on Earth for 30 years.
The Second coming...He comes as the Son of man (looks like a man, men Can See)...and Second Time He COMES WITH Power (which IS Christ...as revealed when He Was here the First Time.

Matt 24:
[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of manin heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, i sure dunno about all that, every eye will see Him is not the same as "everyone will see Him" anyway imo, but You will see Him come down the same way you saw Him go up, right, so i guess maybe someone (stuck) in your position should just Keep Looking Up Into the Sky huh? And meanwhile imo keep reading, even to the entire chapter of vv you are currently Quoting i guess,

26So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.
(Joseph asked for Jesus' Body, but got His carcass instead, in the Mark acct i think it is)

And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.
Luke 24:38-40 ESV

The physical body of Jesus was resurrected. He ascended in that body and he will return in it.
He who says he knows does not yet know as he ought is really about all i know to say in that case, theo. You might believe that right now, but there might be a better way to understand that too, and i don't think one needs to go anywhere else but Scripture to find truth; hence why you cannot Quote that, hence Esau, and for that one hence even How is it you did not know I was not talking about bread?

You refuse to enter, and even bar the door for others
sure wouldnt wanna be that guy though huh. So i don't condemn you, but you might pause and reflect a little on whether Yah is required to fulfill your demands imo. And i understand the alt is kinda scary ok (gimme some of that red stew before i die), and also that i am kind of a jerk about it sometimes, but wadr that is bc your bargain with the grave will be annulled ok, and i could fill this page with Scripture that you must needs run screaming from i guess

Return to Me and I will return to you

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Y'all might also reflect on the Body of Christ, i mean what's Jesus supposed to do for a body when He "returns?"
And i guess no doubt you have learned some justification for that, too, or you just ignore it, too, but i tell you that i do not come here to pointlessly waste my time with Mithraists who insist that Jesus is our getoutofjailfreecard, ok, i come bc yall is about to get trampled, just like Scripture says, you are going to end up in the pit you have dug for others, even though you will i guess be labelling it as "unjust persecution" or whatever, Yah does not care what your opinion of you getting trampled is going to be i guess.

I would be looking for someone with a whip one day in congregation, literally coming at you with it, right around the time the plate gets passed around i guess, that's gonna be your "Jesus Returning" ok

Return to Me and I will return to you

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is one way to tell the difference.
Jesus will ask you for a drink of water, and after you give it to him, he will cause living water to spring up from within you.
The antiChrist will ask you for a drink of water, and when you give it to him, he will pour half of it on the ground and take your cup.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question - How will we know Him...
I would answer...because we are used to listening to Him every day ...we know his voice.

If we intimately know the real , we wont be fooled by the fake.
"My sheep know my voice and a stranger they will not follow."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To be honest, i don't know what pre-trib rapture is.
I'll look into it tmrw, gotta crash now, so tired

Don't waste valuable time on it...just live close to Him and then if (when) there is no rapture you will be strong and ready to go through the 'fire' with Him. "He that dwelleth in the Secret Place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty....the Lord is our refuge "

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, and it says if possible even the highest elect will be deceived. This is why pre-trib rapture is so dangerous...the false messiah comes first....for those who are unskilled in His Word and does not have spiritual discernment they will be deceived in thinking the rapture is here. The Bible says specifically how Christ will return.
I agree, it tells us how christ wil return
Thats why i disagree a pe-trib rapture is dangerous.

If pre-trib is true, you would still have 7 years. And many many signs which must come first BEFORE christ will come. And it says, the whole world will see him coming in the clouds. Every eye will see him

So does not matter if it is pretrib, mid trib or post trib, There is only ONE way to prove who the real Jesus is. He comes riding on a horse with his robe dipped in blood. And defeats the beast (final Gentile Kingdom)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, it tells us how christ wil return
Thats why i disagree a pe-trib rapture is dangerous.

If pre-trib is true, you would still have 7 years. And many many signs which must come first BEFORE christ will come. And it says, the whole world will see him coming in the clouds. Every eye will see him

So does not matter if it is pretrib, mid trib or post trib, There is only ONE way to prove who the real Jesus is. He comes riding on a horse with his robe dipped in blood. And defeats the beast (final Gentile Kingdom)

What makes you think that the AC will not come riding a white horse?
He is the great deceiver and an impostor...just some thoughts. :)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think that the AC will not come riding a white horse?
He is the great deceiver and an impostor...just some thoughts. :)
Lol. Yeah. I see what your saying
If the AC can come in the clouds and be seen by all the earth as he comes.. Then that would be the greatest deception of all.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. Yeah. I see what your saying
If the AC can come in the clouds and be seen by all the earth as he comes.. Then that would be the greatest deception of all.

It sure would, huh? The word does say he will come with all signs and wonders to deceive all the nations... but....I agree with @Helen , we should just stay close to Him and keep His words close to our heart and in the forefront of our minds.
God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure would, huh? The word does say he will come with all signs and wonders to deceive all the nations... but....I agree with @Helen , we should just stay close to Him and keep His words close to our heart and in the forefront of our minds.
God Bless!
Amen, I agree with both of you on that front!

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

wherein "in some future time" is assumed, right? So fwiw i will say that if you are looking for Jesus in tomorrow, you are going to be deceived; iow you will not know the real Jesus from a false prophet, bc (you) are by def looking for a kingdom that comes by observation, right?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

wherein "in some future time" is assumed, right? So fwiw i will say that if you are looking for Jesus in tomorrow, you are going to be deceived; iow you will not know the real Jesus from a false prophet, bc (you) are by def looking for a kingdom that comes by observation, right?

Perhaps you are correct Mark, but...I seem to separate the KOG and Jesus Christ as two separate issues...yes, the KOG is within us through the Holy Spirit but...aren't we speaking of Jesus return in the same manner He left? They saw Him with their physical eyes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Eternally Grateful