I am excited....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL- dissecting each point and you still fail to comprehend!
It is not Me requiring the Toddler Version or bringing up confusion. LOL

Behavior of Catholics Priests is being discussed.

Newsflash- It is your Catholic brothers and sisters lodging the accusations!
Apparently they did not get the memo to keep their mouth shut!

And? You would never know that, (since, as you said: the percentages were so small and most of them were dead anyway).

LOL- Stop whining.

LOL Dude- get a grip. I have clearly told you my Teacher Is Christ Jesus... If you want to Pin your accusations on Him go blab TO one OF your statues ...

You have made yourself abundantly clear...
You can not stay on topic;
You are easily confused;
You minimize poor behavior of Catholic Priests
Your contribution is deflection.

LOL--- you quote some reporters, then make a claim of hypocrisy to me ....right after I said the same thing.....

LOL...absurd!
And, as usual - you can't seem to write a single post without lying.
I guess I need to school you again in front of everybody . . .

NOWHERE did I eve make the claim that "MOST" of the offenders and/or victims of sexual abuse within the Catholic Church were "dead anyway".
First of all - I was talking about the recent Pennsylvania findings.
Secondly, I said that "MANY" were dead - not "MOST" - but you don't seem to be able to grasp that.

Finally - not ONLY did you NOT address the horrific sexual abuse problem within your Protestant sects - you completely blew it off. c This is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Ummmm, while you're "LOL-ing" about hypocrisy - you might want to look in the dictionary and read up on the definition.
You might even see your picture in there . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, as usual - you can't seem to write a single post without lying.
I guess I need to school you again in front of everybody . . .

NOWHERE did I eve make the claim that "MOST" of the offenders and/or victims of sexual abuse within the Catholic Church were "dead anyway".
First of all - I was talking about the recent Pennsylvania findings.
Secondly, I said that "MANY" were dead - not "MOST" - but you don't seem to be able to grasp that.

Awe, most and anyway offended you... LOL

While not pleased with the behavior of some Catholic Priests (as you implied), you did appear accepting with it being what you called a small percentage.

The perspective was brought to your attention, that the investigation only covered a small area.

It appears to be beyond your comprehension .... a larger area, just might have a larger percentage.

You gave no inclination you favored the small area investigated, or would favor a larger area investigation.

You repeatedly appear agitated and angry that Protestants would be interested in investigations involving Catholic Priests.

And you seem to ignore it is Catholics who are bringing their own complaints into the public eye concerning abusive Catholic Priests.

Seems the black eye on the Catholic Church has fueled your anger to look for someone to point the finger at....besides Catholic Priests.

Finally - not ONLY did you NOT address the horrific sexual abuse problem within your Protestant sects - you completely blew it off.

No, that is False.

You want to make claims against Protestant Clergy.... go ahead.

c This is the epitome of hypocrisy.

LOL

Hypocrisy is Catholic Priests presententing themselves in long clothing, pretending they are godly men and raping children, and the Catholic Church covering it up, and some Catholics reluctant to have the Church thoroughly investigated by civil authorities.

Ugh!!

, while you're "LOL-ing" about hypocrisy - you might want to look in the dictionary and read up on the definition.
You might even see your picture in there . . .

LOL....pretty sure the picture will be that of a Catholic Priest.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also doesn't mean we are too thrilled with certain individuals within those groups.

It is not only about who is involved in the despicable behavior....but also those involved in the Cover Up of the despicable behavior.

While it is disheartening to those members personally involved, it should also give others members cause to examine more closely what they have made themselves subject to...

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awe, most and anyway offended you... LOL
While not pleased with the behavior of some Catholic Priests (as you implied), you did appear accepting with it being what you called a small percentage.
The perspective was brought to your attention, that the investigation only covered a small area.
It appears to be beyond your comprehension .... a larger area, just might have a larger percentage.
You gave no inclination you favored the small area investigated, or would favor a larger area investigation.
You repeatedly appear agitated and angry that Protestants would be interested in investigations involving Catholic Priests.
And you seem to ignore it is Catholics who are bringing their own complaints into the public eye concerning abusive Catholic Priests.
Seems the black eye on the Catholic Church has fueled your anger to look for someone to point the finger at....besides Catholic Priests.
Who's "angry"??
I'm just holding up a mirror to anti-Catholic hypocrisy.

YOUR
moronic replies are doing the work for me . . .
No, that is False.

You want to make claims against Protestant Clergy.... go ahead.
LOL
No - it's TRUE.
Don't look at ME - I didn't make an claims. I just relayed the results of expert studies on the epidemic of Protestant molestation cases in the U.S. The fact that the experts state that molestation by Protestant clergy is as high as THIRTY EIGHT PERCENT completely DWARFS the problem that happened within the Catholic Church (1-2%).

What makes it MORE despicable is NOT that Protestant hierarchy has tried to hide the problem - but the the pews are filled with congregants like YOU who are hiding it.
Hypocrisy is Catholic Priests presententing themselves in long clothing, pretending they are godly men and raping children, and the Catholic Church covering it up, and some Catholics reluctant to have the Church thoroughly investigated by civil authorities.
Ugh!!
No - as I just pointed out in my last paragraph -hypocrisy is YOU and all the other Protestant congregants living in denial while your children are being diddled by your pastors and youth ministers - and you all sit in silence . . .
LOL....pretty sure the picture will be that of a Catholic Priest.
Or a child-diddling Protestant Pastor, youth minister, Sunday school teacher, Bible Study leader, ect. . . .

Oh, I almost forgot.
Ummmm . . . "LOL" . . .

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 452939, member: ] anti-Catholic [/QUOTE]

What is an "anti-Catholic" ?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who's "angry"??
I'm just holding up a mirror to anti-Catholic hypocrisy.

YOUR
moronic replies are doing the work for me . . .

No - it's TRUE.
Don't look at ME - I didn't make an claims. I just relayed the results of expert studies on the epidemic of Protestant molestation cases in the U.S. The fact that the experts state that molestation by Protestant clergy is as high as THIRTY EIGHT PERCENT completely DWARFS the problem that happened within the Catholic Church (1-2%).

What makes it MORE despicable is NOT that Protestant hierarchy has tried to hide the problem - but the the pews are filled with congregants like YOU who are hiding it.

No - as I just pointed out in my last paragraph -hypocrisy is YOU and all the other Protestant congregants living in denial while your children are being diddled by your pastors and youth ministers - and you all site in silence . . .

Or a child-diddling Protestant Pastor, youth minister, Sunday school teacher, Bible Study leader, ect. . . .

Oh, I almost forgot.
Ummmm . . . "LOL" . . .
'by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned' Matt.12:37

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned' Matt.12:37
Perhaps you should also be counseling your anti-Catholic Protestant brethren on this board for bearing false witness.
Have you been reading the posts?

The hypocrisy around here is astounding . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 452939, member: ] anti-Catholic [/QUOTE]
What is an "anti-Catholic" ?
We, let me see . . . I've explained this at least 100 times on this board.
An anti-Catholic is a person - like YOU - who resorts to LYING about what Catholics believe, teach and practice.

A person who simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching is NOT and anti-Catholic.
YOU don't fit his bill, however, as YOU lie on a regular basis. It's a good thing I'm here to expose you . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We, let me see . . . I've explained this at least 100 times on this board.
An anti-Catholic is a person - like YOU - who resorts to LYING about what Catholics believe, teach and practice.

A person who simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching is NOT and anti-Catholic.
YOU don't fit his bill, however, as YOU lie on a regular basis. It's a good thing I'm here to expose you . . .

So a person who claims to have been Born a Catholic and that they Pray To Statues ...
would make me anti-Catholic to repeat what they claimed..but They are not anti-Catholic ?

LOL...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a person who claims to have been Born a Catholic and that they Pray To Statues ...would make me anti-Catholic to repeat what they claimed..but They are not anti-Catholic ?
LOL...
More gibberish from the queen of confusion . . .
Care to reword that so it makes sense? Anyway - I've never met a person who prays to statues.

Oops, I keep forgetting.
Ummm . . . "LOL" . . .

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More gibberish from the queen of confusion . . .
Care to reword that so it makes sense? Anyway - I've never met a person who prays to statues.

Oops, I keep forgetting.
Ummm . . . "LOL" . . .

LOL ... thanks for sharing you are confused...
Wasn't a big secret...:confused:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
As soon as the coin in the coffer rings,
The soul from purgatory springs!

The canny spiritual investor could thus ensure that both he and his relatives (assuming, of course, that his budget stretched that far) could miss out on the pains of purgation. Aware of the wide appeal of his product, Tetzel had developed an additional crafty marketing technique. The cost of an indulgence was tailored to individuals’ ability to pay as much as to the spiritual benefits they hoped to secure.
might be good to find the Protestant analogue for this, tbh i don't see much diff?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
might be good to find the Protestant analogue for this, tbh i don't see much diff?

IMO ~
It becomes increasingly difficult for men desiring to "understand" the knowledge in scripture.....To even find the "knowledge" in Scripture...WHEN MEN come up with their own "snappy" words and sayings, that imply a reference TO SCRIPTURE, but that their own words DO NOT appear in the same context, IN Scripture.

Thus, there is NO way for a man to search the scriptures and find those words (in context).

...In discussion, Willie T brings up the saying..."As soon as the coin the coffer rings, the soul from purgatory springs".[/OUOTE]

^ That phrase was coined by a Dominican preacher....Johann Tetzel.

The intent "appears" to be getting people to give money to the church on behalf of a soul in hell....that once enough money was paid...the soul in hell would be released from hell and go to heaven.

However....souls do not go to heaven Because someone has given Money to the church.

Jesus paid the price with His Bodily death, for souls to be saved

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
IMO ~
It becomes increasingly difficult for men desiring to "understand" the knowledge in scripture.....To even find the "knowledge" in Scripture...WHEN MEN come up with their own "snappy" words and sayings, that imply a reference TO SCRIPTURE, but that their own words DO NOT appear in the same context, IN Scripture.

Thus, there is NO way for a man to search the scriptures and find those words (in context).
you cannot serve God and Mammon covers it just fine i guess,
but i meant find the contemporary Protestant analogue IRL, sorry

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you cannot serve God and Mammon covers it just fine i guess,

Agree.

but i meant find the contemporary Protestant analogue IRL, sorry

Okay.

Consider the "historical" times....
(When such things were occuring).

People were widely uneducated in the very basics of ability to read, let alone having access to printed books.
There was a great dependency on the "clerics".... And clerics, while held to a higher standard by God....didn't really mean they were acting within a higher, honorable standard.....

God Bless.
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i mean today, right now, the contemporary analogue IRL, meaning today

Give me the toddler version of what you mean by "contemporary analogue IRL" meaning "OF"...exactly what.

LOL

God Bless,
Taken