I am excited....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, Phoney - You can't show me where I "denied" that the sex scandal took place.
That's what I thought . . .

Game.
Set.
MATCH.
Dead Bread, it was soon after the very first spanking I gave you --- when I utterly obliterated your claim the phrase "roman catholic church" is a Protestant error not considered by catholicism as a legit reference to the catholic church ..... by posting Pius XII's own use of "Roman Catholic Church" in his own encyclical when referring to the global catholic church --- that I realized I was dealing with someone who denies reality and imposes in its place his own alternate reality where facts, official papal declarations, and common sense do not apply.

That's why I have no fear that anyone here is in danger of being seduced by your perversions.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the denial game continues.
How pathetic.

You know - denial ain't just a river in Egypt, pal . . .
Dead Bread, is there some underlying reason you defend so vehemently child sex abusing priest? Were you catholic as a child?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, is there some underlying reason you defend so vehemently child sex abusing priest? Were you catholic as a child?
None at ALL.
I'm defending the 98.5% of the priests who have NEVER been accused of this abomination.

Is there any reason YOU are denying the up to 38% of the sex perverts in your OWN Protestant sects??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, it was soon after the very first spanking I gave you --- when I utterly obliterated your claim the phrase "roman catholic church" is a Protestant error not considered by catholicism as a legit reference to the catholic church ..... by posting Pius XII's own use of "Roman Catholic Church" in his own encyclical when referring to the global catholic church --- that I realized I was dealing with someone who denies reality and imposes in its place his own alternate reality where facts, official papal declarations, and common sense do not apply.

That's why I have no fear that anyone here is in danger of being seduced by your perversions.
And the point I have made repeatedly is that the the official name of the Catholic Church is "The Catholic Church" and NOT the "Roman Catholic" Church as you erroneously claim.

Let me explain this to you one more time - and maybe it'll sink in - but I'm NOT holding my breath . . .

There are TWENTY (20) Rites that make up the Catholic Church.
ONE of those rites is called the "Melkite" Rite. If you are talking about the "Melkite Catholic Church" - you would be correct. HOWEVER, you WOULDN'T be able to include ALL of the Rites in that statement because there are Coptic Catholics, Byzantine Catholics, Alexandrian Catholics, Maronite Catholics - and so on.

If you say "RCC" or "Roman" Catholic Church - you're ONLY talking about those in that particular Rite.
You wouldn't be speaking for the Coptic, Byzantine, Alexandrian, Maronite Catholics, etc.

There - hopefully that sunk in . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None at ALL.
I'm defending the 98.5% of the priests who have NEVER been accused of this abomination.

Is there any reason YOU are denying the up to 38% of the sex perverts in your OWN Protestant sects??
If only you had evidence to back up that ridiculous 38% statistic. Do you really expect any sane person to believe that such a degree of child sex abuse among Protestants exists and yet we hear nothing of it? If I were a Judge, DA, or law enforcement officer reading your ridiculous statisitic, I'd consider that an indictment of our system and a sad commentary on the utter failure and ineptitude of our justice system.

And to suggest that only 1.5 % of priests abuse kids is a denial of Richard Sipe's THIRTY YEARS PLUS CAREER WORK AS A FIRST HAND WITNESS TO THE FACT - WHICH HIS PUBLISHED DATA EVIDENCES - THAT A FULL "SIX PERCENT OF ALL PRIEST ACT OUT SEXUALLY WITH MINORS".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only you had evidence to back up that ridiculous 38% statistic. Do you really expect any sane person to believe that such a degree of child sex abuse among Protestants exists and yet we hear nothing of it? If I were a Judge, DA, or law enforcement officer reading your ridiculous statisitic, I'd consider that an indictment of our system and a sad commentary on the utter failure and ineptitude of our justice system.

And to suggest that only 1.5 % of priests abuse kids is a denial of Richard Sipe's THIRTY YEARS PLUS CAREER WORK AS A FIRST HAND WITNESS TO THE FACT - WHICH HIS PUBLISHED DATA EVIDENCES - THAT A FULL "SIX PERCENT OF ALL PRIEST ACT OUT SEXUALLY WITH MINORS".
And if YOU only had the evidence to back up YOUR idiotic notion that most priests are sex perverts.
Funny how defensive you anti-Catholics become when the accusations are coming YOUR way . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the point I have made repeatedly is that the the official name of the Catholic Church is "The Catholic Church" and NOT the "Roman Catholic" Church as you erroneously claim.

Let me explain this to you one more time - and maybe it'll sink in - but I'm NOT holding my breath . . .

There are TWENTY (20) Rites that make up the Catholic Church.
ONE of those rites is called the "Melkite" Rite. If you are talking about the "Melkite Catholic Church" - you would be correct. HOWEVER, you WOULDN'T be able to include ALL of the Rites in that statement because there are Coptic Catholics, Byzantine Catholics, Alexandrian Catholics, Maronite Catholics - and so on.

If you say "RCC" or "Roman" Catholic Church - you're ONLY talking about those in that particular Rite.
You wouldn't be speaking for the Coptic, Byzantine, Alexandrian, Maronite Catholics, etc.

There - hopefully that sunk in . . .
It's no wonder you are incapable of understanding historic events - you can't even keep up with RECENT history!!

Have you forgotten that you've already tried that ridiculous "rite" argument in which you claim Pius XII was referring only to the "rite" and not the global catholic church? And after I pointed you to the already glaring context of Pius' words that he was speaking on whether it was necessary for people to join the church in order to be saved - and not joining some ridiculous rite or order within the catholic church as you so weakly insist, YOU BACK PEDDLED EVEN FURTHER WITH ANOTHER EQUALLY RIDICULOUS ARGUMENT ABOUT PIUS USING "ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH" AS AN "OLIVE BRANCH EXTENSION" TO PROTESTANTS like when Hillary went down to Selma in 2007 and pandered to black minority religionists with her ridiculous "...I don't fell no ways tired..." speech.

You forgot that? Have you forgotten that I replied that if Piux was trying to reach out to us by "speaking our language" he needed to first do something about a small, somewhat offensive catholic teaching: that there is no salvation outside of the Roman catholic church.

You would have never claimed in that debate that Pius was reaching out to Protestants by "speaking our language" if you believed he was only using "Roman Catholic Church" in reference to a silly rite.

Like I said, you're nothing but an ignorant, perhaps sincere papist peddling the the lies of the papacy.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if YOU only had the evidence to back up YOUR idiotic notion that most priests are sex perverts.
Funny how defensive you anti-Catholics become when the accusations are coming YOUR way . . .
LOL i never said "most priests". I said SIX PERCENT. According to Richard Sipe. Psychotherapist. 30 years of working with child raping priests. Like I said: you first deny reality and then superimpose over it your alternate reality in which you suspend all the laws of reason and logic.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's no wonder you are incapable of understanding historic events - you can't even keep up with RECENT history!!

Have you forgotten that you've already tried that ridiculous "rite" argument in which you claim Pius XII was referring only to the "rite" and not the global catholic church? And after I pointed you to the already glaring context of Pius' words that he was speaking on whether it was necessary for people to join the church in order to be saved - and not joining some ridiculous rite or order within the catholic church as you so weakly insist, YOU BACK PEDDLED EVEN FURTHER WITH ANOTHER EQUALLY RIDICULOUS ARGUMENT ABOUT PIUS USING "ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH" AS AN "OLIVE BRANCH EXTENSION" TO PROTESTANTS like when Hillary went down to Selma in 2007 and pandered to black minority religionists with her ridiculous "...I don't fell no ways tired..." speech.

You forgot that? Have you forgotten that I replied that if Piux was trying to reach out to us by "speaking our language" he needed to first do something about a small, somewhat offensive catholic teaching: that there is no salvation outside of the Roman catholic church.

You would have never claimed in that debate that Pius was reaching to Protestants by "speaking our language" if you believed he was only using "Roman Catholic Church" in reference to a silly rite.

Like I said, you're nothing but an ignorant, perhaps sincere papist peddling the the lies of the papacy.
And YOU fail to understand that ALL 20 Rites are in full communion with the Bishop of Rome.
That DOESN'T make them "Roman", however, but only in the familial sense.

This kind of inclusive language is akin to stating "ALL Americans" celebrate Independence Day - when there are legal residents, people with work visas, etc. who are included in the statement. Pius wasn't speaking ex Cathedra or infallibly.

This is why you searched frantically online for days and were only able to come up with this one instance of the phrase "Roman Catholic Church." This was AFTER I challenged you to show me where this was listed as an OFFICIAL title of the Church - and you failed . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL i never said "most priests". I said SIX PERCENT. According to Richard Sipe. Psychotherapist. 30 years of working with child raping priests. Like I said: you first deny reality and then superimpose over it your alternate reality in which you suspend all the laws of reason and logic.
Sooooo, you DIDN'T make the following statement in post #234??
"... the Papacy would win Gold, Silver, and Bronze if child sexual abuse were and Olympic event, the problem in Protestantism doesn't even begin to approach the same severity."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU fail to understand that ALL 20 Rites are in full communion with the Bishop of Rome.
That DOESN'T make them "Roman", however, but only in the familial sense.

This kind of inclusive language is akin to stating "ALL Americans" celebrate Independence Day - when there are legal residents, people with work visas, etc. who are included in the statement. Pius wasn't speaking ex Cathedra or infallibly.

This is why you searched frantically online for days and were only able to come up with this one instance of the phrase "Roman Catholic Church." This was AFTER I challenged you to show me where this was listed as an OFFICIAL title of the Church - and you failed . . .
I understand my spanking was painful for you, but as children we ought to have learned from them. However, you refuse to learn anything. You refuse to admit that when I nailed your ridiculous "Pius was referring to the rite, not the whole church" argument to the wall, you were forced to back peddle with your even more weak "olive branch to Protestants" argument, which I also nailed to the wall by pointing that we Protestants were unable to recognize that olive branch he was holding out to us in the one hand because we were to busy focused on the bazooka he was pointing at us with the other, the one with the "no salvation outside of Mother Church" written on it.

I've dealt with some difficult papists in the past. You, friend, are a lightweight.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand my spanking was painful for you, but as children we ought to have learned from them. However, you refuse to learn anything. You refuse to admit that when I nailed your ridiculous "Pius was referring to the rite, not the whole church" argument to the wall, you were forced to back peddle with your even more weak "olive branch to Protestants" argument, which I also nailed to the wall by pointing that we Protestants were unable to recognize that olive branch he was holding out to us in the one hand because we were to busy focused on the bazooka he was pointing at us with the other, the one with the "no salvation outside of Mother Church" written on it.

I've dealt with some difficult papists in the past. You, friend, are a lightweight.
And yet you STILL haven't been able to show us WERE the term "Roman Catholic Church" is an official name of the Church.
You can't because it isn't - and all of your whining can't change that . . .

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, you DIDN'T make the following statement in post #234??
"... the Papacy would win Gold, Silver, and Bronze if child sexual abuse were and Olympic event, the problem in Protestantism doesn't even begin to approach the same severity."
the papacy doesn't need "most priests" to win the gold, sliver, or bronze...just the six percent of global priests that are getting it done now.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you STILL haven't been able to show us WERE the term "Roman Catholic Church" is an official name of the Church.
You can't because it isn't - and all of your whining can't change that . . .
According to you papists, the pope's word is infallible...so when Pius
called the catholic church the "Roman Catholic Church", then that's all the proof you or i need, right?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None at ALL.

Yes You Do not DEFEND the "publically" "accused" Catholic Priests.

The Fact is; There have been historically MANY accusations against Catholic Priests, BY Catholics, WHO were Taught to lodge their "complaints" TO Church Representatives...
Priests, Cardinals, Pope....Thee Chain of representatives, the Catholic Church itself has established.

What makes the Complaints Newsworthy, IS specifically ABOUT Catholics themselves, WHO were subject to inappropriate Behavior of Priests.....and DID lodge their Complaints....just as they were TOLD TO DO...

NOT with Civil Authorities....BUT rather Precisely lodging their complaints WITH the Church representatives....AND THE Catholics themselves who lodged the complaints...experiencing the Results.

THEY are the ones who are revealing;
They were being told it was their fault.
They were seeing the Priests remain in their positions, moved to other Churches, receiving advanced positions......bottom line, the Priests having no NEGATIVE Consequence for the CORRUPT Behavior.

Point is; the Catholic Church for eons has taught its members, to HIDE corrupt behavior WITHIN the Church "representatives", from other members, and the public at large.

The fact is dude; A whole lot of Catholics who fell for that nonsense, Regret having TRUSTED hiding the facts was the RIGHT thing to do. Their Lives, and Lives of their children and families have been in CHAOS, FOR Years, being TORN between BEING "faithful" TO THE Churches "Secrets" (while them "Directly SUFFERING" because of the Churches "Secrets) and Being FAITHFUL TO God, Who IS TOTALLY AGAINST KEEPING a man subjected to a WICKED man.

The point IS; you say in a dispassionate claim, ya, ya, you don't like what accused Priests have actually done.

You don't even get, it is about the Catholics themselves WHO have suffered BECAUSE of
The Churches own Teaching to KEEP the behavior of corrupt Priests Secret.

You EVADE, even Considering the investigations are being brought forth into Civil legalities BY Catholics themselves.

All you can do is make your dispassionate claim against the accused Priests, THEN wag your finger at Protestant Clergy who have displayed corrupt behavior.....and then make WILD claims, that Protestants are ignoring Corrupt Protestant Clergy.

Dude...How do you think YOU EVEN KNOW, about Corrupt Protestant Clergy?

Protestants do not hesitate to notify Civil Authoriities of Corrupt behavior, be it against
Any representative of Authority....be it a teacher, govt rep, parent, babysitter, employer, or clergy.

Your silly claims that people here are SUPPORTING of Protestant Clergy having been found to be corrupt, is laughable.

You have repeatedly made that claim....without ONCE having quoted ANY Protestant saying that.

Your inpassionant comments about accused Priests is acknowledge and needs no repeating to adnausium.

Don't be mad because Protestants are compassionate toward Catholics who have suffered because of Corrupt Catholic Priests and their continued personal suffering because Corrupt Priests were HIDDEN BY the Catholic Churchs failure to Take "APPROPRIATE" action AGAINST those Priests, AND the Church's Failure to put in place a STRONG deterrent For Priests To Avoid such corrupt Behavior.

You want to TALK about Corrupt Protestant Clergy....Start a thread on that topic.

In the mean time, STOP making ridiculous claims FOR Protestants, when you CAN NOT support your ridiculous claims with quotes of a Protestant here making such claim.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: brakelite

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps this same repeating argument can be ended by the acceptance that statistically the level of immoral sexual activity amongst Christian religious leaders is the same no matter which denomination is in the spotlight. The level of perversion ebbs and flows as time continues but no religious denomination can claim the moral high ground over another denomination with respect to sexual perversion.

No good will come from this sort of debate that is generated by poking the bear. Eventually the bear will react and tear to pieces the people who are poking it.

I have lost any excitement for this thread because of the few whose agenda is not righteous and are causing perversion among the brethren.

Shalom

Reactions: Johann

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes You Do not DEFEND the "publically" "accused" Catholic Priests.

The Fact is; There have been historically MANY accusations against Catholic Priests, BY Catholics, WHO were Taught to lodge their "complaints" TO Church Representatives...
Priests, Cardinals, Pope....Thee Chain of representatives, the Catholic Church itself has established.

What makes the Complaints Newsworthy, IS specifically ABOUT Catholics themselves, WHO were subject to inappropriate Behavior of Priests.....and DID lodge their Complaints....just as they were TOLD TO DO...

NOT with Civil Authorities....BUT rather Precisely lodging their complaints WITH the Church representatives....AND THE Catholics themselves who lodged the complaints...experiencing the Results.

THEY are the ones who are revealing;
They were being told it was their fault.
They were seeing the Priests remain in their positions, moved to other Churches, receiving advanced positions......bottom line, the Priests having no NEGATIVE Consequence for the CORRUPT Behavior.

Point is; the Catholic Church for eons has taught its members, to HIDE corrupt behavior WITHIN the Church "representatives", from other members, and the public at large.

The fact is dude; A whole lot of Catholics who fell for that nonsense, Regret having TRUSTED hiding the facts was the RIGHT thing to do. Their Lives, and Lives of their children and families have been in CHAOS, FOR Years, being TORN between BEING "faithful" TO THE Churches "Secrets" (while them "Directly SUFFERING" because of the Churches "Secrets) and Being FAITHFUL TO God, Who IS TOTALLY AGAINST KEEPING a man subjected to a WICKED man.

The point IS; you say in a dispassionate claim, ya, ya, you don't like what accused Priests have actually done.

You don't even get, it is about the Catholics themselves WHO have suffered BECAUSE of
The Churches own Teaching to KEEP the behavior of corrupt Priests Secret.

You EVADE, even Considering the investigations are being brought forth into Civil legalities BY Catholics themselves.

All you can do is make your dispassionate claim against the accused Priests, THEN wag your finger at Protestant Clergy who have displayed corrupt behavior.....and then make WILD claims, that Protestants are ignoring Corrupt Protestant Clergy.

Dude...How do you think YOU EVEN KNOW, about Corrupt Protestant Clergy?

Protestants do not hesitate to notify Civil Authoriities of Corrupt behavior, be it against
Any representative of Authority....be it a teacher, govt rep, parent, babysitter, employer, or clergy.

Your silly claims that people here are SUPPORTING of Protestant Clergy having been found to be corrupt, is laughable.

You have repeatedly made that claim....without ONCE having quoted ANY Protestant saying that.

Your inpassionant comments about accused Priests is acknowledge and needs no repeating to adnausium.

Don't be mad because Protestants are compassionate toward Catholics who have suffered because of Corrupt Catholic Priests and their continued personal suffering because Corrupt Priests were HIDDEN BY the Catholic Churchs failure to Take "APPROPRIATE" action AGAINST those Priests, AND the Church's Failure to put in place a STRONG deterrent For Priests To Avoid such corrupt Behavior.

You want to TALK about Corrupt Protestant Clergy....Start a thread on that topic.

In the mean time, STOP making ridiculous claims FOR Protestants, when you CAN NOT support your ridiculous claims with quotes of a Protestant here making such claim.

Glory to God,
Taken
No - I don't defend ANY guilty priest - whether he was involved in the abuse OR the cover-up.

What I AM against is the complete hypocrisy of ant-Catholics who point fingers at the Catholic Church for this abomination - while IGNORING it in their OWN back yards. Your children are being violated and ALL you can do is look at somebody else's problem. CLASSIC behavior of an enabler . . .

You wanna have a grown-up conversation about this problem?
Then WAKE UP . . .

The sin of silence_The epidemic of denial about sexual abuse in the evangelical church

The Silence of the Lambs

Abuse by Clergy Is Not Just a Catholic Problem

There is More Sexual Abuse in The Protestant Churches Than Catholic

Evangelicals 'worse' than Catholics on sexual abuse | The Christian ...

Report: Protestant Church Insurers Handle 260 Sex Abuse Cases a Year

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to you papists, the pope's word is infallible...so when Pius
called the catholic church the "Roman Catholic Church", then that's all the proof you or i need, right?
WRONG again.
Thanks for highlighting your complete ignorance about ALL things Catholic . . .

When a Pope speaks ex cathedra - that is teaching about faith and morals that is binding on Catholics, he is infallible.
A Pope is NOT infallible when it comes to his own opinions.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG again.
Thanks for highlighting your complete ignorance about ALL things Catholic . . .

When a Pope speaks ex cathedra - that is teaching about faith and morals that is binding on Catholics, he is infallible.
A Pope is NOT infallible when it comes to his own opinions.
I know that...I said that tongue in cheek. BTW, if the pope speaks against the Word of God be it known to all that his word are most fallible, whether he is speaking ex-cathedra or not.