I ask the Trinitarians and the Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said you do not believe in the Trinitarian teaching that Jesus is God.
He isnt, so what,no requirement for salvation, you know that bit, did He not say YE are Gods, get over it thats mens religions and polluted doctrines.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He isnt, so what,no requirement for salvation, you know that bit, did He not say YE are Gods, get over it thats mens religions and polluted doctrines.

It was gods with a small 'g.' They never ascended into heaven like Jesus or descended from heaven like Jesus, neither did they perform miracles like Jesus and neither were they crucified on the basis of being God. If Jesus was only a man and nothing more, then people may as well worship a pop or film star like some people do. I wish you well.

Last edited:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was gods with a small 'g.' They never ascended into heaven like Jesus or descended from heaven like Jesus, neither did they perform miracles like Jesus and neither were they crucified on the basis of being God. If Jesus was only a man and nothing more, then people may as well worship a pop or film star like some people do. I wish you well.
Self-worship, idolatry, often prevents people from seeing God. It takes a pure heart in order to see God, and when that occurs, if ever, (God's Revelation thru Jesus to them),
then they know Jesus is God, and have continual peace and joy and righteousness.

Otherwise, they are serving an idol and are guilty , it seems, of witchcraft, as written in God's Word.

Reactions: Cooper

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do not believe Jesus is God, so according to you Jesus cannot raise himself from the dead.

Also, your claim no sacrifice was made is heritacle.
I'm saying that it proves nothing, if God raised Himself from the dead. No hope for man.
I'm saying that no sacrifice was made, if God offered Himself. For, He cannot remain dead, there is no loss of anything. That's what sacrifice means, to give something that you can't retrieve. Jesus had to trust that God would raise him from the dead, because he couldn't do this on his own. This is why it is said of Christ that he was 'obedient even unto death'.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know what holds all this together, if God died, His word would die with Him, if His word died , we would not exist, it is that which holds all this together, It was by one man, that this all happened and by one man it all ended. Its in your bible.

Rom_5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom_5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You know what holds all this together, if God died, His word would die with Him, if His word died , we would not exist, it is that which holds all this together, It was by one man, that this all happened and by one man it all ended. Its in your bible.

Rom_5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom_5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

The grace belongs to God. Can I give what belongs to you, to others? No, I cannot do that. But Jesus gives God's grace to those he loves. Leaving aside the 33 years Jesus humbled himself while he was on earth it makes you wonder who Jesus is in heaven, so that He can give God's grace to his children.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm saying that it proves nothing, if God raised Himself from the dead. No hope for man.
I'm saying that no sacrifice was made, if God offered Himself. For, He cannot remain dead, there is no loss of anything. That's what sacrifice means, to give something that you can't retrieve. Jesus had to trust that God would raise him from the dead, because he couldn't do this on his own. This is why it is said of Christ that he was 'obedient even unto death'.
And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:8-11 MKJV)

Can USAIN BOLT the runner, or MUHAMMAD ALI the boxer give their glory to another? No. The only way Jesus can have Gods glory is to be God.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The grace belongs to God. Can I give what belongs to you, to others? No, I cannot do that. But Jesus gives God's grace to those he loves. Leaving aside the 33 years Jesus humbled himself while he was on earth it makes you wonder who Jesus is in heaven, so that He can give God's grace to his children.
Yep and because of Jesus and what He did and being pleasing to God as His son, made it possible for God to offer His grace to all men. Jesus full of grace and truth, now if men would but seek the truth insstead of knowldege??

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yep and because of Jesus and what He did and being pleasing to God as His son, made it possible for God to offer His grace to all men. Jesus full of grace and truth, now if men would but seek the truth insstead of knowldege??
After believing in Father Christmas as a child, I found out later that Father Christmas was only another name for my real father.

Our heavenly Father likewise had another name while he was giving His great gift of grace to us. You know him almost as well as you know Father Christmas who was also a real person with another name.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
After believing in Father Christmas as a child, I found out later that Father Christmas was only another name for my real father.

Our heavenly Father likewise had another name while he was giving His great gift of grace to us. You know him almost as well as you know Father Christmas who was also a real person with another name.
Oh now we go down the path of foolishness, Yes our Father has a name God,and our saviour has a name Jesus Christ.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because it is absurd, it demands that you have exegeted the Scriptures incorrectly. This is the point. Don't try and glorify your ignorance of such an implausible phenomenon, by calling it a divine mystery. It's nonsense from start to finish. Nowhere in the Bible are any trinitarian terms found. No one was ever saved using a trinitarian formula. No patriarch or any major character in the Bible, prayed to a triune God. The Atonement becomes ludicrous and disgraceful having God, the victim, pay the price for the culprit. God cannot propitiate Himself, nor does He give man hope and faith, by raising Himself from the dead.
Jesus is glorified, of course, all because of his love for the Father. This is not something that God can do, nor can such a relationship have any significant meaning.
You've misread the text.

There is a line between our own personal understanding of scripture and telling others what they are doing and just being dismissive of well held theological positions, which christians have held since the time of Jesus. It is our choice to accept or reject these positions. Unfortunately using words like "absurd" "incorrectly" "glorify your ignorance" "nonsense" just underlines your rejection of the apostles and christian tradition.

I recognise maturity in others when they can discuss these position for what they are, and not make them personal and with invective. To put it simply, there is nothing more in this kind of exchange that is helpful. I just love Jesus and desire to follow Him, and as John says, the spirit testifies Jesus came in the flesh, bled and died for the remission of our sins, Amen.
John 1:29
The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
1 John 4:2
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God

When people deny Jesus is God, this is not the Spirit of God speaking. God bless you

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Why did God need to exalt Christ, if he was already God?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a line between our own personal understanding of scripture and telling others what they are doing and just being dismissive of well held theological positions, which christians have held since the time of Jesus. It is our choice to accept or reject these positions. Unfortunately using words like "absurd" "incorrectly" "glorify your ignorance" "nonsense" just underlines your rejection of the apostles and christian tradition.

I recognise maturity in others when they can discuss these position for what they are, and not make them personal and with invective. To put it simply, there is nothing more in this kind of exchange that is helpful. I just love Jesus and desire to follow Him, and as John says, the spirit testifies Jesus came in the flesh, bled and died for the remission of our sins, Amen.
John 1:29
The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
1 John 4:2
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God

When people deny Jesus is God, this is not the Spirit of God speaking. God bless you
Don't suppose that you tradition is going to save you. You're going to have a lot of explaining to do on the Day of Judgement, trying to espouse your trinitarian views to God, for all the rational reasons that i gave on my previous post.
And don't think that the authors of your tradition will defend you on Judgement Day, they way that you are defending them now.
Many are called, few are chosen.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why did God need to exalt Christ, if he was already God?
Jesus was God all the time, but you don't see it.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among nations, believed on in the world, and received up into glory. (1 Timothy 3:16 MKJV)

Matthew 7:6 Another for my ignore list.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus was God all the time, but you don't see it.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among nations, believed on in the world, and received up into glory. (1 Timothy 3:16 MKJV)

Matthew 7:6 Another for my ignore list.
Get serious!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't suppose that you tradition is going to save you. You're going to have a lot of explaining to do on the Day of Judgement, trying to espouse your trinitarian views to God, for all the rational reasons that i gave on my previous post.
And don't think that the authors of your tradition will defend you on Judgement Day, they way that you are defending them now.
Many are called, few are chosen.
The problem you are facing is not about belief but love. Jesus is God, He was worshipped rightly so. Jesus does not say I am God worship me but rather discover who I am and then your heart will respond appropriately.

So I am not facing a time of justification but of worship of my Lord and King. I will sing to Him. But it appears you will appear self justified and expect approval.....I pray you may seek Him out and discover who He is. God bless you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem you are facing is not about belief but love. Jesus is God, He was worshipped rightly so. Jesus does not say I am God worship me but rather discover who I am and then your heart will respond appropriately.

So I am not facing a time of justification but of worship of my Lord and King. I will sing to Him. But it appears you will appear self justified and expect approval.....I pray you may seek Him out and discover who He is. God bless you.
Yes so many cant see whats going on how christians are stripping away there own salvation, by saying it wasnt Jesus the son of God,but God Himself that died for them, and so making Him and Jesus both liars.

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life..

I suppose you better go around telling teh world God died for them now,

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

On the contrary FollowHim, I love Jesus Christ because he did what I couldn't do, but was incumbent for me to do, love God with all my heart, soul and mind. Because He did the perfect thing to do, by his own free will and wisdom, love God as is due. This is why he was exalted to the position that he was, which also, makes absolutely no sense if he were already God. And it is for these reasons, and many more, that he cannot be God.
Your are confusing two very distinct principles, but are spinning them in a way that you think sounds glorious, but is actually absurd on so many accounts.