I ask the Trinitarians and the Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On the contrary FollowHim, I love Jesus Christ because he did what I couldn't do, but was incumbent for me to do, love God with all my heart, soul and mind. Because He did the perfect thing to do, by his own free will and wisdom, love God as is due. This is why he was exalted to the position that he was, which also, makes absolutely no sense if he were already God. And it is for these reasons, and many more, that he cannot be God.
Your are confusing two very distinct principles, but are spinning them in a way that you think sounds glorious, but is actually absurd on so many accounts.
Could you imagine any man/woman who could do as Jesus did?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Could you imagine any man/woman who could do as Jesus did?
I definitely can't see any merit or soundness, in God doing what Jesus did, i.e. love and obey Himself to redeem man.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I definitely can't see any merit or soundness, in God doing what Jesus did, i.e. love and obey Himself to redeem man.
Even very ordinary people do that on a human level. They do not order themselves to go into a burning building, they just do it, perhaps loosing their own life in the process.

So you think there is no merit or soundness in that?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even very ordinary people do that on a human level. They do not order themselves to go into a burning building, they just do it, perhaps loosing their own life in the process.

So you think there is no merit or soundness in that?
Cooper, you're driving me nuts!!!!! You keep replying in a manner unrelated to the point that i am trying to make.
I said love and obey HIMSELF!!!!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cooper, you're driving me nuts!!!!! You keep replying in a manner unrelated to the point that i am trying to make.
I said love and obey HIMSELF!!!!
Then re-Read post 82 as if you were someone else reading it, because to me it looks as though you are saying that what Jesus did was unsound and without merit.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When people deny Jesus is God, this is not the Spirit of God speaking. God bless you
That Jesus is not the Christ,

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

And that is why there is so much confusion so few seek His face. Too much study not enough Jesus

And by the way no where are we required to believe Jesus is God, that is you as all religious do, adding to,

Mar 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Mar 12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
And that is why there is so much confusion so few seek His face. Too much study not enough Jesus
And by the way no where are we required to believe Jesus is God, that is you as all religious do,

The call to the world by God is : "Believe in my Son!" What do you suppose this means? The answer:

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that (I am) he, ye shall die in your sins."

The printer of the KJV Bible is warning the reader that italicized words (in this case the underlined word: "he") in the KJV was not in the original manuscripts.

To God Be The Glory

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then re-Read post 82 as if you were someone else reading it, because to me it looks as though you are saying that what Jesus did was unsound and without merit.
JESUS AS GOD, is unsound and without merit. God cannot love and obey Himself, to any salvic efficacy or judicial soundness for man.
It's what the whole conversation has been about, for crying out loud!!!!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS AS GOD, is unsound and without merit.
Both the Father Almighty
and Jesus Elohim Hamashiach (also God),
differ with you dnb.

but even they will not coerce you to change you mind.

However, since the Father's mercy is so great and unmeasurable,
If He has not already given you over to believe your own delusions (His Choice),
then
perhaps , over however long it takes, He will let you find out the sin in those who taught you ...
and
if you seek the truth and believe the truth, the truth (God's Promise here) will set you free from the deception,
whether it was your choice or someone else's deception that deceived you.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forum Rules continued:

The consequences of a specific result will depend upon the degree of violation as well as the judged intent. They can result as anything from a warning to a suspension period on to a full ban from the community. It pains us as much as anybody to enforce these rules, so here are a few tips to help you not ever worry about breaking them.
  • Cool it! Christ himself told us that he came to divide (Luke 12:51) because Christianity is such and important and powerful issue. Most all of us want to ultimately do what is right. Keep that in mind and if a topic or person makes you mad, step away from the computer for a bit and pray. Cool down before you post a reply or rebuttal.
  • Demonstrate why you are a Christian. WWJD (What would Jesus do?) is more than just a good catch phrase. What does the Word say? Are you acting like a true Christian? Ask yourself these questions. Christ tore down, but he rebuilt afterward with Truth.
  • It’s not about the last word. A forum is unique in that the entire discussion is arrayed before an audience. There are times when your message is far more powerful when you walk away instead of forcing the issue or trying to get the last jab in for the judges.
Christianity Board should be an enjoyable experience. We realize these rules are verbose, but we ultimately had to write them so folks would play by the rules and understand where the lines exist. This forum is a little different from others in that it tries very hard to be a place of Truth and of scholarly wisdom because our Father, YHVH (Yahveh), has so much to offer us through His Word and His love (John 3:15-16).
Wow, I didn't know that posting short meaningless replies was against the rules

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't know that posting short meaningless replies was against the rules
? You did read the rules and agree to them when you joined right?
And I have no clue what you mean by short meaningless replies....every reply has meaning....even Jesus said we will be judged by every idle word we speak.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
? You did read the rules and agree to them when you joined right?
And I have no clue what you mean by short meaningless replies....every reply has meaning....even Jesus said we will be judged by every idle word we speak.
That's the first time I ever saw them, I think.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Both the Father Almighty
and Jesus Elohim Hamashiach (also God),
differ with you dnb.

but even they will not coerce you to change you mind.

However, since the Father's mercy is so great and unmeasurable,
If He has not already given you over to believe your own delusions (His Choice),
then
perhaps , over however long it takes, He will let you find out the sin in those who taught you ...
and
if you seek the truth and believe the truth, the truth (God's Promise here) will set you free from the deception,
whether it was your choice or someone else's deception that deceived you.
Joseph, stop being deceived.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
JESUS AS GOD, is unsound and without merit. God cannot love and obey Himself, to any salvic efficacy or judicial soundness for man.
Only God can save us from our sins and Jesus is the only Saviour. Think on these things.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

According to Apostle John in 1 John 2, those are antichrists that deny Jesus is The Christ.

1 John 2:22-23
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
KJV

That doesn't just mean denying Jesus as a savior. It means denying that God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth. The title of "the Christ" is a title that cannot apply to any sinner; it can only apply to God The Son who had no sin. This is why John says to deny Jesus as "the Christ" is also to deny The Father, and thus those who acknowledge Jesus as "the Christ", which means of course believing what the Old Testament prophets also said who He is, "Immanuel" which means 'God with us', those who believe have both The Father and The Son.

Reactions: Cooper

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to Apostle John in 1 John 2, those are antichrists that deny Jesus is The Christ.

1 John 2:22-23
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
KJV

That doesn't just mean denying Jesus as a savior. It means denying that God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth. The title of "the Christ" is a title that cannot apply to any sinner; it can only apply to God The Son who had no sin. This is why John says to deny Jesus as "the Christ" is also to deny The Father, and thus those who acknowledge Jesus as "the Christ", which means of course believing what the Old Testament prophets also said who He is, "Immanuel" which means 'God with us', those who believe have both The Father and The Son.
Look up the word Christ. You either lied in this post, or have an incompetent understanding of salvation and perdition?