I ask the Trinitarians and the Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only fools think that Immanuel is an affirmation of Jesus' deity. Look up the word theophory.
No, of course i do not believe that Jesus is God, or that anyone or anything is God, except God the Father.

It's actually the other way around, only a moron would think the Matthew 1:23 definition "God with us" isn't what Christ's name Immanuel means (Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 8:8).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's actually the other way around, only a moron would think the Matthew 1:23 definition "God with us" isn't what Christ's name Immanuel means (Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 8:8).
An name calling makes you right,... so much ignorance.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That Jesus is not the Christ,

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

And that is why there is so much confusion so few seek His face. Too much study not enough Jesus

And by the way no where are we required to believe Jesus is God, that is you as all religious do, adding to,

Mar 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Mar 12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

It has taken quite a long time to realise you do not think Jesus is God.
All the revelations in the world has not revealed His true nature to you. There is a dividing line between you and I on this point, and it is where the apostles also stood. Jesus waited for them to realise who He was, not because He said so, but because without this there is no salvation.

It is also why Jesus has so much authority, because He speaks as the Father in these things. It is also why He is the power unto salvation and forgiveness, because God alone can forgive and raise up, or leave alone and judge. I have also learnt only the Father gives to people the revelation of who the Son actually is, because only the elect truly see Him as He is, because of the work of grace in their hearts.

It is no surprise then you oppose me, because I speak as Jesus spoke, and if they reject Him, they also will reject His disciples. God bless you

Reactions: Cooper

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is also why Jesus has so much authority, because He speaks as the Father in these things.
Because HE was given authority from God just as all the works He did was from God,

Joh_5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

But you see,

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

How does God Honour God.

As my dad said after telling me Jesus is God, " I have seeing God and I have Seeing Jesus",

funny thing is so have I. But you dont believe that.

As I said before, people who are called dont go around boasting about it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is no surprise then you oppose me, because I speak as Jesus spoke, and if they reject Him, they also will reject His disciples. God bless you
Its when you stand against God its a problem and so many learned men do.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because HE was given authority from God just as all the works He did was from God,

Joh_5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

But you see,

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

How does God Honour God.

As my dad said after telling me Jesus is God, " I have seeing God and I have Seeing Jesus",

funny thing is so have I. But you dont believe that.

As I said before, people who are called dont go around boasting about it.
Boasting? The elect are the elect.
They follow and listen to Him, their Lord and King.
In a sense the elect do rather than observe, because communion is everything. Awareness of difference matters, but love conquers all.

Praise the Lord for His grace on all things. God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its when you stand against God its a problem and so many learned men do.
Stand against God?
This is a very empty accusation yet meant to be significant. It's like a wet sponge thrown like a rock......
God stands for love, the lower walk, the path that is life despite the world and it's desires. It is a glorious thing to know Christ and follow Him. God bless you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Boasting? The elect are the elect.
They follow and listen to Him, their Lord and King.
In a sense the elect do rather than observe, because communion is everything. Awareness of difference matters, but love conquers all.

Praise the Lord for His grace on all things. God bless you
Its like that isnt it, Im the elect you must listen to me,. im a pastor you must listen to me, im a teacher you must listen to me, this who proclaim self flattering titles are teh ones to be avoided. If you where the elect you would not boast.

Stand against God?
This is a very empty accusation yet meant to be significant. It's like a wet sponge thrown like a rock......
God stands for love, the lower walk, the path that is life despite the world and it's desires. It is a glorious thing to know Christ and follow Him. God bless you.

As I said you would be surprised how many claim to follow Jesus yet stand in complete opposition to Him. Besides did I say you did, or did I say when you do.. Maybe it is offense stepping in,

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ increased in wisdom and stature with men, therefore he did not come out of the womb perfect, as absolutely no creature does.
Hi DNB,

Who taught you this?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Son of God already existed before his incarnation, then he must have already been perfect, but how do you explain this passage? :
And the Messiah increased in wisdom and in greatness and in favor with God and men.

It seems that he was not perfect but he became perfect with time.

One more question: Did the Son of God learn to speak, or did he already speak as a baby?
Hi janc,

Luke 2 is a telling of the child Jesus and his family. It gives the back story on the man Jesus how in society and In the eyes of man they could see how he increased in wisdom and favor with God. In mans social ladder He increased in favor with men.

Mary

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Bible says that the Spirit of God, which is God himself, became man and not "God the Son", and because of this incarnation he was called the Son of God:
The Holy Spirit will come upon you, therefore also the Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

So there was no Son of God before the incarnation, but the Spirit of God.

And your reason why he had to grow when he should be perfect does not satisfy me. I hear the same statement from the oneness Believers, but I can't really imagine why he would pretend that he is not perfect when he is perfect.

Of course Christ had to grow from birth, just as we all did. He HAD to do it that way so He would be tempted in every way that we are.

Hebrews 4:15
15" For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

He lowered Himself for a time:
Hebrews 2:9

"But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone." <---And as we know, it was more than just death He tasted for us but, separation from Heaven, persecution, loneliness, anger, love, compassion...runs the gamut here. Yet, He showed us how we are to use these emotions properly. Nevertheless...HE suffered greatly, and He suffered the things we also suffer yet...without sin.

So, when you are going through a trial of whatever sort, we know He is looking down on us and can say that He too knows what that "feels" like. He can say "I feel ya bro"!!

He truly is our example :)

Reactions: mjrhealth and 101G

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its like that isnt it, Im the elect you must listen to me,. im a pastor you must listen to me, im a teacher you must listen to me, this who proclaim self flattering titles are teh ones to be avoided. If you where the elect you would not boast.

As I said you would be surprised how many claim to follow Jesus yet stand in complete opposition to Him. Besides did I say you did, or did I say when you do.. Maybe it is offense stepping in,
It is interesting you use the words listen to me. This is part of any message yet believers at their heart reflect Jesus and point to Him.

You here are saying listen to me, my revelation etc makes my words authoratitive. I have given up being critical rather to encourage more depth.

You cannot go wrong walking deeper on Christ. God bless you

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is interesting you use the words listen to me. This is part of any message yet believers at their heart reflect Jesus and point to Him.

You here are saying listen to me, my revelation etc makes my words authoratitive. I have given up being critical rather to encourage more depth.

You cannot go wrong walking deeper on Christ. God bless you
Not saying that at all, authority comes from God, not because men read the bible and thought that they had some. I have said you can have Christ, what more encouraging is that, you laughed and discounted what I said, men say they are spiritual, till it is the things of the Spirit that are raised, than they discount it all, what more encouragement do you need.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the Father made visible. How else do you think the Spirit of the living God is going to reveal himself to a people who are far away from him. They killed the prophets and turned to other gods. What the Father did was a game changer.
He revealed himself by the Gospel of Christ. Those who were estranged from the people of God, are now united due to the cross of Christ, and not by God the Father, coming down to earth to be abused and slain by His own creation.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the contrary. One of the over-arching principle of the OT, was God's abandonment of His chosen people. Only a blind man would say otherwise. Between the prevalent use of theophory throughout the Bible, and the predominant theme of Israel's rebellion and God's rejection of them, Emmanuel can only mean one thing - Contrary to what the current history appeared to reveal, God was about to fulfill His Davidic promise through the line of Jesse - not the lineage of divinity (as if there were actually such a thing).

Last edited:

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Son of God already existed before his incarnation, then he must have already been perfect, but how do you explain this passage? :
And the Messiah increased in wisdom and in greatness and in favor with God and men.

One more question: Did the Son of God learn to speak, or did he already speak as a baby?

100% God, and 100% man. Babies don't speak, and they need to grow in understanding. Sounds like a question a non believer would ask

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Have you ever known a bad apple become "perfect over time?"

Jesus is sinless. The perfection reference is when His work of salvation was complete and has been made perfect in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not saying that at all, authority comes from God, not because men read the bible and thought that they had some. I have said you can have Christ, what more encouraging is that, you laughed and discounted what I said, men say they are spiritual, till it is the things of the Spirit that are raised, than they discount it all, what more encouragement do you need.

I am amazed at your pessimism regarding the Lord. If people will listen and follow amen, if not, it is their life.
The great thing in the Lord is we are to encourage those who desire to walk with Him, and the rest one day will face Him.

You talk as if the Kingdom is defeated and affected by the lost when rather our concern is with Jesus and His ways. The lost are like leaves on a river, one day here the next gone. We can but shine our light, and praise the Lord. God bless you.