I Feel Like My Relationship With Christ Is Wavering

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is because a lot of you on here have been really judgmental with me and pushy. I've run into people like this in real life and it's caused me to backslide and turn into somebody that I don't really like. I am really afraid of being turned of Christianity again because I honestly don't want that to happen, but when you constantly have people judging you that have absolutely no business judging you in the first place you tend to want to run away. :( Currently watching this video to remind me to not let anybody come in-between me and Jesus. :) @Devin Wintch, @lforrest, @Heart2Soul, @JohnDB,.. you guys should see this thread.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Judge not and thou shalt not be judged . That's always been my motto.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judge not and thou shalt not be judged . That's always been my motto.

Yet I'm taking you off ignore to tell you that you have done exactly that and you're one of the people that I'm referring to and you've made me really upset. :(

The forgiveness of your sins that you have received should be the reason to not let anybody come in between you and Jesus.

I think my problem is that my brain is thinking is this really what it means to be Christian? To have people judging you all the time and that you're never good enough in their eyes? I'm talking about their eyes not God's eyes because I already know that in God's eyes we're never good enough. Yet time and time again on here people are constantly debating me and judging me even when I ask them nicely to stop. :(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is because a lot of you on here have been really judgmental with me and pushy. I've run into people like this in real life and it's caused me to backslide and turn into somebody that I don't really like. I am really afraid of being turned of Christianity again because I honestly don't want that to happen, but when you constantly have people judging you that have absolutely no business judging you in the first place you tend to want to run away. :( Currently watching this video to remind me to not let anybody come in-between me and Jesus. :) @Devin Wintch, @lforrest, @Heart2Soul, @JohnDB,.. you guys should see this thread.

I watched this mind control movie "GI Joe" and when it came time to equip the bad guy, he took the mind control chip out and said, "I'll do my own thinking". Which is me, I listen to people, even judgmental people, but I don't let them in, I only let God in. Sorry you get judgmental vibes here:(

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched this mind control movie "GI Joe" and when it came time to equip the bad guy, he took the mind control chip out and said, "I'll do my own thinking". Which is me, I listen to people, even judgmental people, but I don't let them in, I only let God in. Sorry you get judgmental vibes here:(

It's okay for the most part everybody's good but I do wish the people that are judgmental on here put themselves in my shoes. How would they feel if I started picking everything apart from them that was wrong? I thought the whole entire point of Christianity is that nobody's perfect except Jesus Christ.

Reactions: dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are responsible for how you react. I only wish your soul reach Heaven.

Understood but I believe in John 3:16 despite doubts that I have from time to time (like right now for instance) so I'm pretty sure that I'm covered. :)

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose
From what I understand, man can't truly judge us, only Jesus is the judge in the scriptures, and he's a pretty loving person. Man has no real power over judgment other than earthly laws.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Understood but I believe in John 3:16 despite doubts that I have from time to time (like right now for instance) so I'm pretty sure that I'm covered. :)
Remember sister April, that no one has the power to make you feel better or worse about yourself. You need to pray for the power of the Lord to help you cope better. I will say a prayer for you too.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember sister April, that no one has the power to make you feel better or worse about yourself. You need to pray for the power of the Lord to help you cope better. I will say a prayer for you too.

Thank you, now that you're not being so gosh darn pushy and trying way too hard to win my friendship,.. you're actually slowly earning it. :)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think my problem is that my brain is thinking is this really what it means to be Christian? To have people judging you all the time and that you're never good enough in their eyes?
Yes. That's part of it, anyway. At times it's going to be a BIG part of what it means to be a Christian. You are going to be persecuted and in the most unfair and mean ways. But I have the feeling this is not what you are enduring right now.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't correct, there are whole persecutions based on that principle, for instance, someone can take or be given medicines/drugs which make you feel better or worse. Someone could hit me and make me feel worse, the doctor could fix me up and make me feel better.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. That's part of it, anyway. At times it's going to be a BIG part of what it means to be a Christian. You are going to be persecuted and in the most unfair and mean ways. But I have the feeling this is not what you are enduring right now.

Well it's like @Devin Wintch just said, it's really nobody else's opinion but Christ's anyways. I mean His is the only one that actually matters in the end and I'm starting to feel better now. :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

April quit whining! There are people here that like you and most of these people do not agree with each other. Don't worry about it.
It is an international forum....the big bad world....rub some Corn Huskers on your hands and toughen up and enjoy. God Bless