I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You keep saying things like this but you never show any evidence of such - but you ramble on.

I guess you passed right over post Post #480 on page 24.....or #509 on page 26 ?.....i gave you detailed scripture and you ignored it with the excuse below...
i said this before, the amount of scripture you post is irrelevent if it does not address the substance we are discussing.
I'm sorry...what? Substance? How about sticking to the subject matter...?
Scripture is irrelevant???? You ask for evidence and when I provide the best evidence there could possibly be from the scriptures themselves....you tell me it's irrelevant? Oh boy...
wacko

Begin in Genesis and give an account of who the "Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness"
Been there, done that....you have your fingers firmly planted in your ears. You hear nothing that you don't want to hear....

If you are unable to show evidence who These are then you really have nothing to say over me.
Like I said...its a special kind of blindness....
dunno

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is not non-equality but your mind cannot understand - again. The THREE are One and have Roles to Fulfill according to the Word that was God in the beginning - John 1:1.
There is so much to question re this post. First, the assumption that people are less mindful of the issues than yourself. Just because you believe you are correct, does not guarantee others aren't more correct.
Second, you say the three are one. Jesus prayed,
KJV John 17:11
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Does that mean we are a part of the Trinity? Or perhaps the oneness you speak of it not quite what you think it is, or even perhaps the oneness is something none of us understand?
And about the roles you mention. I would really like you to explain this. The trinity is described as being comprised of 3 individuals, yet those 3 are coequal, co-eternal, and coeval and one in substance, no one individual being able to separate himself from the other two. That is the one God the trinity doctrine describes. The assumption then is that in order to redeem man, the 3 decided to take on roles. One took upon Himself the role of the father, another the son, the other I presume the holy spirit. This is common logical sense if one accepts the oneness and co equal nature of the trinity. The alternative is to believe that the Father actually did bring forth His only begotten Son at some time before creation, and accept that the oneness is not in substance (impossible if you believe Jesus really died) but in mind and heart and purpose, (which we can share) and rather than a fictional role play as in a stage show and pretending to be a father and a son, the Father really did send His only begotten Son into the world.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i was referring to his post # 536 where he said:
"No-one has ever explained what God is in a way they themselves could understand, let alone in a way anyone else could"

Now i fully agree with Backlit that we cannot fully or even partially understand "HOW" this Eternal One of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit exists. But this does not mean that the WORD keeps us uninformed of this THREE Eternal Persons of the Godhead.

In Fact, God immediately begins instructing us that God is more then a singular one as we see the number 1 = a single item.

Genesis: Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness
I do not deny there are 3 individual member/persons comprising the Godhead, for that is what scripture reveals, as you said. But the trinity doctrine takes that further. And it takes it further into areas that deny the Atonement, and force assumptions that are untenable and unscriptural.

Reactions: David in NJ

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is so good.

It's a little embarrassing the way the G.C. goes so far on their website to defend the Trinity. At least they don't use 1 John 5:7. :)
It's sad and concerning how far they've shifted away from how they taught the Godhead 150 years ago. I thought we'd got over the issues of the 1950s with QOD.

Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you passed right over post Post #480 on page 24.....or #509 on page 26 ?.....i gave you detailed scripture and you ignored it with the excuse below...

I'm sorry...what? Substance? How about sticking to the subject matter...?
Scripture is irrelevant???? You ask for evidence and when I provide the best evidence there could possibly be from the scriptures themselves....you tell me it's irrelevant? Oh boy...
wacko

Been there, done that....you have your fingers firmly planted in your ears. You hear nothing that you don't want to hear....

Like I said...its a special kind of blindness....
dunno

OK, i am blind - can you help - can you please show me who the "Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness"
Who are These???

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not deny there are 3 individual member/persons comprising the Godhead, for that is what scripture reveals, as you said. But the trinity doctrine takes that further. And it takes it further into areas that deny the Atonement, and force assumptions that are untenable and unscriptural.

i am unfamiliar with such doctrines as you stated - i only know of what the Lord reveals in His word.
i find safety, blessing and understanding in this:
Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6

Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world.
For them I sanctify Myself, so that they too may be sanctified by the truth.
I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
John 17

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much to question re this post. First, the assumption that people are less mindful of the issues than yourself. Just because you believe you are correct, does not guarantee others aren't more correct.
Second, you say the three are one. Jesus prayed,
KJV John 17:11
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Does that mean we are a part of the Trinity? Or perhaps the oneness you speak of it not quite what you think it is, or even perhaps the oneness is something none of us understand?
And about the roles you mention. I would really like you to explain this. The trinity is described as being comprised of 3 individuals, yet those 3 are coequal, co-eternal, and coeval and one in substance, no one individual being able to separate himself from the other two. That is the one God the trinity doctrine describes. The assumption then is that in order to redeem man, the 3 decided to take on roles. One took upon Himself the role of the father, another the son, the other I presume the holy spirit. This is common logical sense if one accepts the oneness and co equal nature of the trinity. The alternative is to believe that the Father actually did bring forth His only begotten Son at some time before creation, and accept that the oneness is not in substance (impossible if you believe Jesus really died) but in mind and heart and purpose, (which we can share) and rather than a fictional role play as in a stage show and pretending to be a father and a son, the Father really did send His only begotten Son into the world.

Surely we can only accept what God has spoken.
If we 'add to or take away' from God's words then we are proud and no nothing as we should.
The first measure of Truth is to begin where God began with us - the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Then His Spirit which baptizes us in Truth - Thy Word is Truth
So our yearning from the Spirit brings us deeper into His Word and fellowship.
We are to compare Scripture with Scripture and not reject what we do not understand. He will water and it will grow.
Scripture builds upon Scripture just like the cells in a developing child inside the mother's womb.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OK, i am blind - can you help - can you please show me who the "Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness"
Who are These???

Post #437 Page 22.....
no
already addressed all your points.....in detail.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #437 Page 22.....
no
already addressed all your points.....in detail.

Reviewed- you were unable to answer the question. You were close and have Two.
THREE are involve in the Creation. It starts in Genesis chapter 1: 1-3

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a earthly deliverer like Moses but only one eternal salvation savior

Eternal salvation comes only through Jesus that is a fact. But keep in mind there are requirements it is not automatic, one must obey Mat 4:10 as Jesus did by example.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a reply to another poster on another thread, but it answers your question.
While I agree with you regarding the Trinity doctrine as portrayed in the creeds and many church manuals, I cannot agree with you regarding the Son. I have read 1 John numerous times. No where is there any hint that the relationship between Jesus and the Father is anything other than real. The Father/Son paradigm is not metaphorical. Nor did the Father become a Father at the incarnation. They two were two separate beings, persons, before creation, the Father creating all things through the agency of His Son.
KJV Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

The Son is the express image of the Father, begotten with all the fullness of the Godhead. The Father is God, and the Son is God manifest.
Picture if you will two windows. Before creation. Before anything outside of God was created. God alone. No universe. No worlds. No angels. Just God. He fills the first window. That's all there is in that window. God and God alone. Then the Son is begotten. He isn't created, because scripture tells us the Son created everything. So He doesn't belong in the second window, He belongs in the first. He inherited all things from the Father. All that the Father is, the Son is.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
Jesus told Nicodemus that God “gave” His Son. This is the everlasting gospel. If God did not possess a son then He would not have had a son to give. It must follow therefore that Christ was God’s “only begotten Son” before He came to earth.
That God gave His Son as a sacrifice for sin is the core-belief of Christianity. Without this belief, Christianity is meaningless. It is therefore a subject that not only demands our fullest attention but also needs great care when being presented. To get it wrong will pervert the gospel. A correct understanding of the atonement is totally dependent on a correct understanding of the relationship between God the Father and His Son.
Those who teach that Christ is not really the Son of God are perverting what it cost God in redeeming mankind from sin. They are also perverting, in the minds of those who believe what they say, the love that God has for humanity.
The apostle Paul wrote
“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:” Romans 8:3
“He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” Romans 8:32
When expressing this great truth to his little flock, John the gospel writer put it this way
“Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.” 1 John 4:7-11
It is only when we realize that God really did give His Son that we can say we truly understand the gospel. Any other understanding of it is a perversion. In order to make manifest God’s love in the way that we treat others we need to correctly understand what God has done through His Son. It is only when we see the ‘other person’ (whoever that may be) as someone purchased by the blood of God’s only begotten Son that we are able to treat that person as they should be treated. Christ died for everyone. He did not die only for those who will be saved. We must regard everyone as the purchase of God. There are no exceptions.
John also wrote
“Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?…He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” 1 John 5:5, 10-11
Begotten in the express image of God’s person
The Scriptures also tell us
“For it pleased the Father that in him [in Christ] should all fulness dwell; Colossians” 1:19
This is referring to the fullness of deity. As it says in Colossians 2:9
“For in him [in Christ] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.”
The Scriptures tell us that it was God’s pleasure to have His fullness dwell in the Son. Christ therefore was God Himself (the fullness of deity) in the person of the Son (John 1:1-3, Hebrews 1:1-3). This was Christ’s inheritance as a son. As a son He received (inherited) all things from His father (God the Father). As we are told in the opening verses of the book of Hebrews
“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:” Hebrews 1:1-3

Like I said above. If the Son inherited everything the Father is... The express image... Then the Son is God.

The faithful and true witness Jesus, was in fact the beginning of the creation of God sir. Rev 3:14 Better research words better, as the information is easily obtainable today. You are using a version that deliberately altered the passages to support the doctrine you are trying to explain to me. I do not believe it, as it is not a Bible teaching.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal salvation comes only through Jesus that is a fact. But keep in mind there are requirements it is not automatic, one must obey Mat 4:10 as Jesus did by example.

That is Right, Friend - NEVER forget what THE LORD and SAVIOR said to the devil/satan - "It is WRITTEN".

By the the LOVE of God i tell you friend - It is written that God is Three Persons who are Echad - a United One Elohim.
It is Written: Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness (3x = Us + Our + Our) ( 3x Man, Image, Likeness)
It is Written: in the lives of Abraham(Father of Nations) Isaac (Only Begotten of the Father thru Sarah) Jacob (Jacob's Ladder - Holy Spirit)
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites,
‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.
It is Written: This is My Name forever = Elohim Abraham Elohim Isaac Elohim Jacob (3x Elohim by 3 men)

The Apostle John wrote by and through God's Holy Spirit who the Son IS
It is Written: In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God (3x WORD)
It is Written: When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

THREE Persons are present in this passage and are Eternally Connected - Jesus, Holy Spirit, Voice from Heaven - the FATHER

Now Robert Gwin - Today, if you will Hear HIS Voice - harden not your heart, as in the day of rebellion.........

Anyone who separates the Father, Son and Holy spirit from the One Eternal God(Elohim) comes from the devil.

Do you Robert Gwin want to hear from the Son: "get behind Me satan, for you care not about the things of God....."
He said it to Peter and He will say it to you if you do not stop from corrupting and agreeing with the devil.
The LORD Jesus Christ is not "a god" in Genesis 1:1-3 and in John 1:1

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as human logic. There is only logic.

God does not want your human logic - it is defiled by sin.

Look at what the LORD said to Peter when Peter spoke by human logic - Matthew 16:21-23
But Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to Me. For you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”

Do you want to hear that from the LORD when you are judged by Him???
I DON'T and therefore i do not commit what is forbidden by God, like the sin Peter made until he was rebuked by the LORD.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The faithful and true witness Jesus, was in fact the beginning of the creation of God sir. Rev 3:14 Better research words better, as the information is easily obtainable today. You are using a version that deliberately altered the passages to support the doctrine you are trying to explain to me. I do not believe it, as it is not a Bible teaching.
Your depreciating view of who Christ is, denies the Atonement. You make Him a mere angel. A creature. Let me explain why you deny the Atonement.
Jesus gave His life. The reason He was authorized to do so was because He had life... Immortal self existing life, the same life as the Father... Therefore had the power, the authority to give it up. His life was His own to do with as He willed.
An angel has no such authority. Because an angel is a created being, his life is not his own. He has no right to give his life away as it belongs to God.
From your post above I perceive your are not actually reading my posts properly. I find know what word you are referring to that you believe I need to study, not do I know what doctrine it is you think I'm defending. Í am not a trinitarian.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is this written, David?

Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

AMEN to "Do not add to His words lest i be rebuked and be proven a liar" - AGREE

Before we continue - How about you? Do you accept the Truth Challenge set forth by our Lord?

The beginning of Proverbs 30: 5-6 starts with verse 5
Every word of God is Pure
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him

Let us together take refuge in His Pure Word - Agree?