I Like This Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zadai can be funny sometimes. He says he can mess with the scale in the bathroom and then watch when his wife goes to weigh herself. And he can make her either happy or sad by adjusting the scale.
He says It’s unjust scales, false weights, and false weights can make a person feel either happy, or sad and discouraged, depending on how you mess with the Weights. He can make his wife think there has been no consequence of overeating, which makes her happy, which is to deceive her, and he can discourage her when she does not overeat, which is also to deceive her.
It brought this verse to mind - you disheartened the righteous with falsehood when I did not cause him pain, but you have encouraged the wicked not to turn from his wicked way to keep him alive

Another translation - You have discouraged the righteous with your lies, but I didn’t want them to be sad. And you have encouraged the wicked by promising them life, even though they continue in their sins.

This verse and what it is saying to me is that you can control people and their eternal state by messing with the scale of things in scripture. You can discourage a man who does what is right and prevent him from entering the rest God has prepared for him now and you can encourage a man who does not do what is right and affect his eternal state.
If that doesn't explain where we are right now then I don’t know what does.
You mess with the scales and use unjust weights in a deal to cheat death that will not stand. You mess with the scale and say a man doing what is right is filthy rags, which is to take away the righteousness of the righteous, and you say a man not doing what is right is not only righteous but even holy, which takes away holiness, which is wickedness, iniquity.

When God judges, the first man will judged righteous by what he has done, despite what men have said, and the second man, who is neither righteous nor holy, will wail, despite what men have said.

His poor wife! Imagine the horror of living with a deceiver!

Have you considered the scenario from her perspective? Particularly if she has no awareness. He controls her through manipulation and she lacks the awareness (and discernment) to see what he is doing. She becomes a string puppet and he master. Worse! Some people gravitate toward such people and sit at their feet, handing them their strings willingly.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, now my sister just left in an ambulance. She was displaying the same symptoms mom did for days. Severe (I mean severe) confusion, and muscles not working and headache. I had just chalked the confusion up to mom having the flu at almost 80. But my sister is decades younger.
I have never heard of a flu symptom being severe confusion. Shakiness, yeah, I guess, but this turns into periods of time where you cannot make your limbs work at ALL, even with great effort to do so.
It displays like a neurological thing is involved…

• Sad
Reactions: dev553344

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I have been sleeping a massive amount of time for… three days now, after I could leave mom downstairs alone without worrying, and I haven’t told anyone, but my legs and hands have been severely shaky but it has not hit me anywhere near like it hit them.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And I have been sleeping a massive amount of time for… three days now, after I could leave mom downstairs alone without worrying, and I haven’t told anyone, but my legs and hands have been severely shaky but it has not hit me anywhere near like it hit them.
Praying for you sister... <><

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sure hope it doesn't!!

Much love and prayer!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But speaking of good fodder for mr e, :jest:
I had a weird feverish like dream today. In it, Kevin Zadai was speaking to me and I tried to say something and he interrupted me and said, no, listen, please listen, this is important. So I said, yes, I’m sorry. So he talked to me for a long time and then he said, I’ll be right back, okay? Don’t go anywhere, you need to hear this. So I waited for him to come back and then, approaching me from a completely different direction than he should have been returning by, was Kevin Zadai, but he had changed into a crazy and VERY loud suit, green and purple, and he started talking to me again but he was talking what I KNEW to be nonsense so I said, what?? You aren’t Kevin. He said, yes I am. I said, get away from me, you clown! Then I saw the real Kevin Zadai approaching us. Then I woke up.

I don’t remember the things he told me.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never exactly knew what this meant!
take my yoke upon you relates to when a young oxen was old enough to learn to plow, and they would have a double yoke to hook him in with the older, stronger one. He had to learn to keep the pace. He could not go faster or slower, could not stop or go a different direction, because he was tied in with the other and the older oxen kept the pace he needed to go at.

Reactions: marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did they lay their cloaks on the road and palm branches, when Jesus rode the foal into Jerusalem?
(For the disciples to put their cloaks on the foal for Him to sit makes sense to me, to make his ride more comfortable.)

It seems humble. Putting down your coat for Him to pass by on, allowing your coat to be trampled on by dirty donkey feet out of respect for the one on the donkey…and I may see some dim similarity to throwing their crowns at His feet in Revelation.

In Kings, they put their cloaks down for the king who killed wicked jezebel so he could walk on them…

John preached, make straight paths for Him…could they have heard John preach and that be what they were attempting to do with the cloaks?

Could it signify, in spirit, taking off the outer man of the flesh to be clothed by God?

There is also something in the law about palm branches and gathering them and tying them together but I haven’t tried to find it yet because my headache returned.

I have no idea how I got off on this tangent. I was originally looking for verses about if you knew who I was you would ask of me and any verses related because I - well, yeah, that’s where I originally thought I was going. But I’m a woman driver so I get lost a lot. :rolleyes: :p

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For gosh sakes. Couples play silly tricks on each other all the time. If he really pulled the trick on her, it would probably have only been once (because who would ever fall for it a second time) and it would probably have been something like adding 10 or 15 pounds to prank her; Too much more than that would have not pranked her because it would be too obvious that it could in no way be accurate. He used it as a springboard to his teaching, not to teach that we should deceive people. Tsk!

He would carry the prank on if she didn’t mention the “weight gain” to him. He would later say, how about pizza for dinner, she would answer, not for me, I’m having salad, he would look like he was trying really hard to not laugh, she would latch onto that with a “what are you up to” and within a minute or two he would confess the prank and she’d be smacking him with a magazine or something and they’d both be laughing.

Sometimes you guys flummox me. :p
Don’t you ever play pranks on your spouse?
My husband and I used to have a very real looking plastic spider. we Used to hide it somewhere to startle the other. I would put it in the shower to startle him when he pulled the curtain back. He would, of course, be startled, but he wouldn’t say anything about it to me. Then, one day, weeks later, I would open the refrigerator in the morning and be startled by it. Then I would wait some weeks and so on and so on. One time, he hid it a little too good, I never ran across it, and he forgot about it. HE wound up startling HIMSELF! When he told me about it, I replied, I didn’t know one could actually score in the game, I thought it would be forever tied, but I think I just won…

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realized I paid my truck insurance a day too early and that the funds aren’t yet in my account. I immediately went to the website to cancel, but the clock had just gone past midnight so it was too late to cancel. I asked God to make the funds go in first tomorrow, before the payment hit, so that I would not incur a fee and then I turned off the light to sleep.

But I couldn’t sleep for wondering why I was feeling…guilty? for asking the small favor of Him. I reasoned that I don’t normally ask Him for trivial matters. I reasoned that it wasn’t THAT trivial and that the fee for bouncing something was probably now much more than it was when I had once other made that mistake nearly 40 years ago. I decided that there was no reason at all that I should not ask Him for the favor and no reason at all to feel guilty. Whatever part of me was telling me it wasn’t right to ask a favor of Him was telling me wrong.

Turned the light off, STILL couldn’t sleep, so got up to think some more about what on earth was bothering me NOW?? I had to poke around a little bit but my mind finally pried it out from my mind, I was bothered by what if
He did not answer my prayer? But not exactly that, I was bothered by if my doubting that He would, would prevent Him from answering. (Because, He could not do many miracles there because of their unbelief).

So I rehearsed that if we pray anything in His will, we know we have what we ask. But I don’t know if it’s His will.

So I settled on this: I have no reason to not ask a favor of my own Father. I have no reason to think He won’t grant my favor and every reason to think He will. It’s okay to not know if I prayed His will - if I didn’t, He will still do His will, which is what I want, so go to bed you idiot! Why would you insist that because you don’t know if you prayed His will and therefore can’t be sure what His answer will be, that this is unbelief? It isn’t. It’s instead great peace to know that whether I pray His will or don’t pray His will, He will DO His will.

I was not stressing over money, I was wrestling with the larger thing, the question, as would regard big things.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Micah 1:11 seems to me to be far future, past the partial fulfillment.
Its almost always a mess for me to get into the Hebrew but I did here, and I get the following (but I think I saw plays on similar Hebrew words and Im not laying out my “work” so it might only make sense to me.) I will probably just be screamed at (if anyone even reads it at all) but I’m giving my impression after studying it.

It’s like:
You, Shaphir, are called pleasing, a canopy/tent/place of peace, but you are not pleasing and will be naked.
You, Zaanan, are called going out/a scattered flock but you will not go out, you will go in/will not leave.
You, Beth-Ezel, are called an adjoining house of sons but your house will have no support.

It’s like saying…you who are called pleasing are not pleasing. You are naked.
You who are called “out” will be called “coming in/not leaving. You will stay in your house.
You who are called sons are not. You will mourn.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, now my sister just left in an ambulance. She was displaying the same symptoms mom did for days. Severe (I mean severe) confusion, and muscles not working and headache. I had just chalked the confusion up to mom having the flu at almost 80. But my sister is decades younger.
I have never heard of a flu symptom being severe confusion. Shakiness, yeah, I guess, but this turns into periods of time where you cannot make your limbs work at ALL, even with great effort to do so.
It displays like a neurological thing is involved…

Stunnedbygrace. I also have had sleeping too much for a while when my white blood cell count was high for 2.5 months. They never did figure out what was going on. Have you guys been vaccinated? Just curious. But I'm starting to wonder if COVID has become different, like lasting for months or something.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stunnedbygrace. I also have had sleeping too much for a while when my white blood cell count was high for 2.5 months. They never did figure out what was going on. Have you guys been vaccinated? Just curious. But I'm starting to wonder if COVID has become different, like lasting for months or something.
Mom was vaxxed, me and sis were not.
I am better now but honestly…I have not felt full vigor for many months. I also don’t even want to leave the house unless it is very necessary. It does not feel right out there to me. I feel a bit lost out in…society right now.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mom was vaxxed, me and sis were not.
I am better now but honestly…I have not felt full vigor for many months. I also don’t even want to leave the house unless it is very necessary. It does not feel right out there to me. I feel a bit lost out in…society right now.
Well I don't know that neurological conditions run in the family. Let us know how your sister is doing. I will join in prayer.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gift of discernment comes and goes. I don’t know why that surprised me. It shouldn’t have. It all comes and goes. You don’t just suddenly have a gift as if it then belongs to you. It’s never yours. It’s the same as happens with the gift of knowledge. I already knew that comes and goes so I should have known it would also be that way with discernment. You don’t then just…walk in that gift ever after. Something happens, it either sort of…leaks away or…the Spirit isn’t resting on you any more?
And to make it all even more strange, you can be following His leading and He keeps you in the dark about certain aspects of what is happening or what He is working toward, so that you most often assume you know what He’s doing but He was actually doing something else you hadn’t considered. Maybe you’re in the dark by His design because you would try to then do what He doesn’t want you to do? I guess He just wants you to…I don’t know, it’s very confusing. You can be going along and not recognize the moment He’s gone or that “it’s” gone and you keep going along, sometimes for a whole DAY, before you realize you’re walking in only your own strength and that you should just sit down and shut up.
But it’s not something easily discernible like…a loud noise or a strong touch. It’s not like someone grabs your arm firmly. It’s more like if someone ever so slightly touched against your arm so you barely even knew they touched you. Like, if someone very lightly touches your arm with their finger and you feel it, but if they keep their finger there, your skin stops sensing their finger there so when they finally lift their finger, you can’t feel they did lift it off.

Like, with knowledge and that whole “suddenly understanding so much at once”, sometimes you aren’t discerning any difference between your own mind and that gift and it suddenly strikes you that it didn’t come from you because there’s no reason on earth why, and no way, that you knew the thing on your own. And then a flood of understanding/knowledge comes and you see that’s it’s back again. But you don’t see or sense when it’s then gone again at first.

It’s all so odd. And if you cast back in your mind and sort of retrace your steps, you can see where you first realized it was gone of course, but even with great effort of thought you can’t pinpoint the exact moment it left. You can only pinpoint where you became AWARE of it being gone. But you CAN see some things you did or said the previous day where, in hindsight, you realize NOW that it was gone then, but you just hadn’t yet realized that.

I think this is probably just how it is that after He calms your passions you can hear and sense Him better without that constantly shrieking flesh but there is still something preventing you from a fine tuned hearing and sensing of more delicate noises and touches. It’s sort of like the blind man who was healed in two stages…and there’s a verse somewhere about the Spirit of God coming upon some men who then prophesied and it says right after that, but they never prophesied again. Guess I could look that up.

It’s not like fifty books have been written about it that I can go reference. :(
But it’s going very well for me. I understand it more than I did before. :)