"I quite like males with earrings": a low-key, respectful discussion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"I quite like males with earrings"

• Yes, I quite like it/am content with it

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No (with varying shades of emphasis)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Decline to comment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Not worried either way...

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona FYI, did you see this thread?

As mentioned to Addy, doubles (or multiple holes) have been quite the trend for years and years.

But so is minimalism...all those now long grown up teens with multiple holes from years back, who now prefer completely bare earlobes...

Lots of men and boys have it done to their earlobes as well and I guess I'm perfectly comfortable with the idea also.

(There's also the poll.)

Im with Truman on this one, I don't really think about it.

To be honest, if it were noticeable, the earrings on a male, it would probably not be to my taste.

But if thats what floats your boat, Im not going to say anything.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

To be honest, if it were noticeable, the earrings on a male, it would probably not be to my taste.

@Wynona Oh, @Truman said he had his ear done years ago....

PS: Did you see/vote in the poll, above?

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Ziggy (from back a bit)
pierced earings...
I prefer the smaller, tiny ones like studs or the little diamonds. Or little butterfys. I'm not much for the big loopy ones. They always kind of got caught on my sweaters or turtlenecks.

Well, both seem strongly preferred, according to the person. There's the classic, traditional single pairs of loops that are sometimes almost shoulder-huggers.

And then there are the smaller - sometimes even tiny - studs that are often rammed in as multiples along the lobes.

For guys it's probably the rugged, sometimes thick, single studs that are best, whether in one ear or both.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Naomi25

She’s barrelled ahead with her piercings; two nose ones since she left home. Not that we really care, to be honest. Bigger issues at hand. She seems pleased with them, and i expect she’ll get more.

Well, it's what they do now...

To be honest, I'm quite relaxed about the guys doing ears as well.

(Did you see the poll? :) )

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What floats the boat? Hopefully, as Christians, it is the Holy Spirit!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Naomi25

Well, it's what they do now...

To be honest, I'm quite relaxed about the guys doing ears as well.

(Did you see the poll? :) )
Mmm, did have a look…not sure I can vote…feel like I need an “ambivalent” option. I don’t hate the look of guys with piercings, but I don’t love them either. I think, maybe, because the trend here seems to be guys with those great big stretched ear lobes. Now those I don’t like. Ug. Purely aesthetic issue. The other sort…again…eh…don’t mind either way. I think I’m happy that my husband doesn’t have any. Or maybe its just my preference because my husband (who I clearly prefer) is NOT the sort of fellow to have them. I wonder if that is indicative.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@rockytopva PS: Some Christians seem to think that ear studs are somehow incompatible with men. But it's in Scripture (in certain contexts) and in any case it was already such a custom for men to do it some 40 years ago; having attended various baptisms by immersion decades back, some of the Christian young men then wore them, insofar as I remember at all...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Mmm, did have a look…not sure I can vote…feel like I need an “ambivalent” option. I don’t hate the look of guys with piercings, but I don’t love them either. I think, maybe, because the trend here seems to be guys with those great big stretched ear lobes. Now those I don’t like. Ug. Purely aesthetic issue. The other sort…again…eh…don’t mind either way. I think I’m happy that my husband doesn’t have any. Or maybe its just my preference because my husband (who I clearly prefer) is NOT the sort of fellow to have them. I wonder if that is indicative.
@Naomi25 Well, maybe the 'decline to comment' option might fit your ideas best.... :)

Except that you commented well; thanks for your comments....

(So I see what you mean....)

Reactions: Naomi25

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You probably can!
@Naomi25 I'm guessing and extrapolating (from other threads also about your likely frame of mind) that you would ultimately be somewhat relaxed about it; not unlike what you said about the possibility of your daughter getting a tattoo: in the end one way or the other it wouldn't greatly bother you....

(Just guessing from what I know of @Naomi25 ... :) )

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Naomi25 I'm guessing and extrapolating (from other threads also about your likely frame of mind) that you would ultimately be somewhat relaxed about it; not unlike what you said about the possibility of your daughter getting a tattoo: in the end one way or the other it wouldn't greatly bother you....

And with deceit, cunning, and flattery you continue to encourage the degrading of mankind through your sophistry. You are not representing Christ here, but His arch enemy. Who are you? What do you hope to gain by dragging Christians into a love for the world and it's vain attractions? Are you a Jesuit, seeking to destroy the work Christ has done in His people?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And with deceit, cunning, and flattery you continue to encourage the degrading of mankind through your sophistry. You are not representing Christ here, but His arch enemy. Who are you? What do you hope to gain by dragging Christians into a love for the world and it's vain attractions? Are you a Jesuit, seeking to destroy the work Christ has done in His people?
More of a matter-of-fact thing; most of the male youngsters at our local church would happen to wear earrings.

Some threads are much less doctrinal than others....participation is voluntary...

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

No…not bothered at all. Although, like I said, I’m not particularly keen on those ones that stretch a person’s earlobes really big, just on aesthetics alone. But I don’t have a moral issue with it.
I think, from a Christian point of view, the bible calls us to try and keep our bodies as healthy as we can. But tattoos and piercings are adornments. Granted, somewhat permanent adornments, but still. So, in my mind, it’d be like getting stroppy at someone for their choice of tshirt.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No…not bothered at all. Although, like I said, I’m not particularly keen on those ones that stretch a person’s earlobes really big, just on aesthetics alone. But I don’t have a moral issue with it.
@Naomi25 Although I'm dispensational, I do think the Fundamentalist tendency to "moralize" excessively and seemingly to elevate matters of subjective preference to supposed theology is unhealthy.

I remember near 40 years ago, earnest young men being baptized by immersion might just naturally wear earrings because it was the thing to do; a widespread preference. It's really a case of: Go for it / don't go for it — do it or don't do it heartily before the Lord. (Which is also in the spirit of Romans 14...)