I think the crucifix is a Satanic, twisted, perverted, counterfeit, trophy of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply expressed my PERSONAL opinion about the crucifix, something invented CENTURIES after the apostles were dead.

I read a LOT of opinions on this forum but I don't call them "ignorant" as you do on a regular basis.
Depictions of Christ on the cross are almost as old as the Church itself.

There are 2nd century illustrations, like the Alexamenos Grafito.
The sign of the cross itself as a blessing was written abvout by Tertullian in 195 AD:
“In all the occupations of our
daily lives, we furrow our foreheads with the Sign of the cross”.

This entire thread is nonsense and just another excuse to attack the Catholic Church..

Reactions: Philip James

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I get attacked on here all the time. I live with it. I don't throw a tantrum and play the victim.
Hey - YOU'RE the one who whined about MY post and reported me to the mods. I don't mind fighting this mano-a-mano.
But, if you're going to post - make sure you THINK about what you post before you do it.
You may NOT like my response . . .

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU'RE the one who whined about MY post and reported me to the mods.
I didn't "whine" about anything. I shared your post with management for reasons that are between them and me and that's all I'll say because it is a violation to publicly discuss moderator actions.

I've been called a servant of Satan and a "fake Christian and all sorts of other vile things and I've never reported any of those comments. On the contrary I'm glad that management tolerates this type of behavior because if they didn't there wouldn't be any discussion at all.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't "whine" about anything. I shared your post with management for reasons that are between them and me and that's all I'll say because it is a violation to publicly discuss moderator actions.

I've been called a servant of Satan and a "fake Christian and all sorts of other vile things and I've never reported any of those comments. On the contrary I'm glad that management tolerates this type of behavior because if they didn't there wouldn't be any discussion at all.
Hey - whatever makes you sleep good at night . . .

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey - whatever makes you sleep good at night . .

I'm not trying to bash anybody's beliefs. I share my beliefs and invite feedback, friendly or otherwise, because I want to know the truth. I've definitely modified some of my beliefs based on the feedback that I have received here. If reading alternative opinions upsets you to the point that you lash out at others, I will suggest that you not permit another's viewpoint to do that to you. God bless you.

Reactions: Nancy

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you agree that we're supposed to serve Mary by reciting the rosary?
ANY devotion to Mary that does not lead to Christ or is not Christ centered is a false devotion.
You can't bash Marian devotion without bashing Christ. And why do you repeatedly go off topic with your "serve Mary" nonsense? You isolate two words and think you have a bat to beat Catholics with. You don't.

drink

Last edited:

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why do you repeatedly go off topic with your "serve Mary" nonsense?
Because I believe it's unbiblical and contrary to the teachings of God. I want to share the truth with you (and others) because I think you deserve it.

Mary was a humble and faithful servant of God. Mary would undoubtedly be horrified at all of the honor, glory, worship, and prayer that is being directed to her rather than to God the Father in Heaven.

Rosary: 1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered him, “It is written, you shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve."

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't bash Marian devotion...
I'm not "bashing" it, I'm simply saying that it's a man-made doctrine that isn't from God.

The concept of rejecting sola Scriptura is to essentially say that Jesus and the apostles were incomplete in their teachings and that the Catholic Church had to fill in all of the doctrines that Jesus and the apostles stupidly forgot to tell us about, such as praying to Mary.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not "bashing" it, I'm simply saying that it's a man-made doctrine that isn't from God.

The concept of rejecting sola Scriptura is to essentially say that Jesus and the apostles were incomplete in their teachings and that the Catholic Church had to fill in all of the doctrines that Jesus and the apostles stupidly forgot to tell us about, such as praying to Mary.
How about you organize a team of archeologists working with "Bible experts" and cherry picked "historians" to find Mary's body. No doubt you can find lots on you tube of her whereabouts. ...no, wait...those trained by the Apostles taught falsehoods who passed on the falsehoods...no, wait...the Apostles who just witnessed His life, death, Resurrection Ascension and Descension conjured a deceitful myth about Mary so they could invent a church different from the real one.
Mary was a humble and faithful servant of God. Mary would undoubtedly be horrified at all of the honor, glory, worship, and prayer that is being directed to her rather than to God the Father in Heaven.
Who wouldn't be horrified? I'm not interested in the same boring misrepresentations that have been refuted a million times. I'm more interested in the Fatima prophecies as it relates to Russia and the war in Ukraine. There is little or nothing about that in the eschatology forum. All you have done is rely on hostile post-reformist rhetoric, most of it penned in the 18th century. It's been passed down to you by succession. :D
Rosary: 1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

Luke 4:8 And Jesus answered him, “It is written, you shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve."

1681360279273.png

The concept of rejecting sola scriptura (SS) has many faucets. It's the easiest thing to refute; SS is like the Achilles Heel of Protestantism. First, you have to reject the complicated process of how we got the Bible in the first place. That way you conveniently ignore DEVELOPMENT OF DOCTRINE that occurred in the same time frame as the Bible developed. That's almost 4 centuries and you won't be able to find any evidence of your flavor of Christianity, you can't even come up with one name...no, wait...
the Early Church Fathers were deceptive conartists, inventing false doctrines in their spare time while proving inspiration of the holy books, that non one noticed until the middle of a revolt 15 centuries later. There is no logic in that premise.

SS assumes you don't need a Magisterium and Tradition (properly understood, which it never is) to arrive at sound teaching. But no SS wants to disprove the Magisterium and Tradition with Scripture because it can't be done. This forces the SS to change the meaning of the two terms resulting in nowhere arguments. The anti-Catholic always uses terms with totally different definitions; they speak a different language. Sometimes we have to resort to dictionaries because the anti-Catholic abuses English, let alone Aramaic, Greek and Hebrew.

If I believed half the lies you do about the CC, I'd be twice as horrified.

Lastly, people who think prayer stops at a statue are stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow. What a hateful thing to say.
It's a speculation. Nobody as a perfect mother, but God didn't have to make Mary perfect, He chose to. Good boys and girls don't disrespect their mother, but they can disrespect the concept of Mother of All the Living in Christ because they can't grasp the meaning of "Eve", and possibly have hidden unresolved resentments.
Will you tell me Jesus didn't love His mother because it's not explicit in Scripture?

Everywhere in the world, the worst insult you can give a person is to say their mother is a whore. The SDA made it a doctrine. Do you agree with them?

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know the cross is holy but the crucifix looks more like a trophy that Satan would hang in his office. Satan has used God's children to mock God by wearing and displaying the crucifix. As a Catholic for 50 years, I was one of them. As an altar boy I sometimes carried the crucifix to the altar with a priest in tow.

To my Catholic brothers and sisters, it's not my intention to provoke or offend. I hope that we can agree to disagree and still be brothers and sisters in Christ.
i was raised RCC.

After i was Born-Again by the Spirit and feasted on the Word of Life i also realized that the crucifix is used by the enemy.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a speculation. Nobody as a perfect mother, but God didn't have to make Mary perfect, He chose to. Good boys and girls don't disrespect their mother, but they can disrespect the concept of Mother of All the Living in Christ because they can't grasp the meaning of "Eve", and possibly have hidden unresolved resentments.
Will you tell me Jesus didn't love His mother because it's not explicit in Scripture?

Everywhere in the world, the worst insult you can give a person is to say their mother is a whore. The SDA made it a doctrine. Do you agree with them?
the Mother of All Living is not Mary

Worship of Mary is sin, idolatry and comes from Mystery Babylon

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Mother of All Living is not Mary

Worship of Mary is sin, idolatry and comes from Mystery Babylon
First of all - we don't "worship" anybody other than God.
And Mary IS the Mother of all the living in Christ.
We read this in Rev. 12:17:

Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

YOUR nonsense about “Mystery Babylon” is simply another ignorant reference to a LONG-debunked work by Alexaner Hislop.
The funny thing is – MOST of you guys never even heard of him but you’re poisoned by his
manure (“The Two Babylons”).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i was raised RCC.

After i was Born-Again by the Spirit and feasted on the Word of Life i also realized that the crucifix is used by the enemy.
Another ignorant ex-Catholic - YIKES.

The enemy will ALWAYS attack things that are holy or representative og Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not trying to bash anybody's beliefs. I share my beliefs and invite feedback, friendly or otherwise, because I want to know the truth. I've definitely modified some of my beliefs based on the feedback that I have received here. If reading alternative opinions upsets you to the point that you lash out at others, I will suggest that you not permit another's viewpoint to do that to you. God bless you.
Yet you create a thread about how a venerated Catholic icon like the crucifix is a "Satanic, twisted, perverted, counterfeit, trophy".
You're a fraud.

And reading “alternative” opinions doesn’t bother me.

It is I who usually bothers THEM when I expose their nonsense , , ,