I think the crucifix is a Satanic, twisted, perverted, counterfeit, trophy of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A truly childish response . . .
AMEN

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not "bashing" it, I'm simply saying that it's a man-made doctrine that isn't from God.

The concept of rejecting sola Scriptura is to essentially say that Jesus and the apostles were incomplete in their teachings and that the Catholic Church had to fill in all of the doctrines that Jesus and the apostles stupidly forgot to tell us about, such as praying to Mary.
No - the problem with Sola Scripture - other than the fact that iit is NOT taught in Scripture - is that it is every man for himself. This is NOT how Jesus designed His Church.
Scripture is the guide - and the CHURCH is the teacher (Matt. 28:19-20)..

The 16th century Protestant invention of Sol Scriptura is the reason we have tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions that ALL teach different doctrines based on the personal interpretations of their founders.

And the funny thing is - they ALL believe they were "led" to this confusion by the Holy Spirit.
What a mess . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN

Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
We are to be child-LIKE in faith – not child-ISH.

1 Cor. 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

In other words, Paul is saying, "Grow UP" . . .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN - Grow UP in Christ

Catholicism with its Mary, rosary beads and statue worship is blatant idolatry and sin.

Reactions: Patrick1966

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN - Grow UP in Christ

Catholicism with its Mary, rosary beads and statue worship is blatant idolatry and sin.

I don' know anybody who "worships" statures or Mary.
Asking Mary - a fellow member of the Body of Christ to pray FOR me is Biblical (James 5:16, Rev. 5:8).

Can you tell me when Mary and ALL of the others in Heaven were kicked OUT of the Body of Christ??
I didn't get that memo . . .

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don' know anybody who "worships" statures or Mary.
Asking Mary - a fellow member of the Body of Christ to pray FOR me is Biblical (James 5:16, Rev. 5:8).

Can you tell me when Mary and ALL of the others in Heaven were kicked OUT of the Body of Christ??
I didn't get that memo . . .
James 5:16 and other scripture like it only pertain to Believers/Saints who are on earth.

Revelation 5:8 are the prayers of the Saints while they were on earth.

You are either a child of RCC or, like myself and others, a Called Out Saint whereby we hear His Voice and flee idolatry= RCC, JWs, etc

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 5:16 and other scripture like it only pertain to Believers/Saints who are on earth.

Revelation 5:8 are the prayers of the Saints while they were on earth.

You are either a child of RCC or, like myself and others, a Called Out Saint whereby we hear His Voice and flee idolatry= RCC, JWs, etc
WRONG.

James 5:16 pertains to the Body of Christ.
It says that the prayers of a RIGHTEOUS person are very powerful. Last time I checked – EVERVER anti-Catholic was telling me that there is “NONE” Righteous on earth (Rom. 3:10) for ALL have fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23).

Rev. 5:8

And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

This is clearly an example prayerful intercession.
NOWHERE does it say that is was THEIR prayers while on earth.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

It says that the prayers of a RIGHTEOUS person are very powerful. Last time I checked – EVERVER anti-Catholic was telling me that there is “NONE” Righteous on earth (Rom. 3:10) for ALL have fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3:23).

And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

TRUTH = Romans 3:10
What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;"

Only by the Precious Blood of Christ can anyone, especially Mary, be Saved.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

Mary was married to Joseph and they never separated or had a divorce.
After Jesus was born, Mary and Joseph did the 'wild thing' and had passionate sexual intercourse fulfilling their God given marriage vows.

Joseph impregnated Mary a couple of times, they together thru sexual union producing children = with God's Approval.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUTH = Romans 3:10
What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;"

Only by the Precious Blood of Christ can anyone, especially Mary, be Saved.
Running away from the point, eh?

I referenced Rom. 4:10 ONLY to show you that none of us here on earth is righteous.
Those in Heaven have been made PERFECT and RIGHTEOUS in Christ.

James 5:16
The prayer of a RIGHTEOUS person is powerful and effective.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was married to Joseph and they never separated or had a divorce.
After Jesus was born, Mary and Joseph did the 'wild thing' and had passionate sexual intercourse fulfilling their God given marriage vows.

Joseph impregnated Mary a couple of times, they together thru sexual union producing children = with God's Approval.
First of all – if you ever spoke about MY mother like that – I’d take you outside and knock your teeth out.
Can you IMAGINE what Jesus is going to do to you for talking about HIS mom like that??

And the bible NEVER mentions Mary having any other children.
The funny thing is – there isn’t even an extrabiblical or historical accou8nt of her having other kids.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all – if you ever spoke about MY mother like that – I’d take you outside and knock your teeth out.
Can you IMAGINE what Jesus is going to do to you for talking about HIS mom like that??

And the bible NEVER mentions Mary having any other children.
The funny thing is – there isn’t even an extrabiblical or historical accou8nt of her having other kids.
the LORD JESUS CHRIST is rejoicing in my posts even now.

Matthew 13:53-57
Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these parables, that He departed from there. When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, “Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works?
Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?” So they were offended at Him.

Mark 6:1-3
Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him. 2And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! 3Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the LORD JESUS CHRIST is rejoicing in my posts even now.

Matthew 13:53-57
Now it came to pass, when Jesus had finished these parables, that He departed from there. When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, “Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works?
Is this not the carpenter’s son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?” So they were offended at Him.

Mark 6:1-3
Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him. 2And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! 3Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.
Time for a Bible Lesson . . .

The “Brethren” of Jesus are not only NOT describes as children of Mary – they are some other relation. ANY first year Bible student can tell you that the Greek word “Adelphos” is used FAR MORE often for relations OTHER than uterine sibling in the NT. It is uses for brother of same parents, half-brother, relative, uncle, nephew, cousin, kinship, same tribe, and even a fellow countryman.

Of the 344 times we see the use of the word “Adelphos”, “Adelphe” and all of their variations, we see that –
41 cases (12%) where "adelphos" clearly or probably refers to a family sibling:
47 cases (14%) where "adelphos" may or may not refer to a family sibling:
There are a whopping 256 cases (74%) where "adelphos" cannot or almost certainly does not refer to a family sibling:

What do the Scriptures have to say about the women standing at the cross and their children?

Matt. 27:56
says, "…among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee".

Mark 15:40 states, "There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome").

Finally, John 19:25 states, "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

When you compare the different accounts of the crucifixion, they clearly show the mother of James and Joseph to be the wife of Clopas (also called, Alphaeus) – not Mary, the Mother of Jesus.
In Marl 3:18, we see that James the Less father is Alphaeus (Clopas).

Any attempt to connect these people as uterine brothers of Jesus are squashed by the Bible.
To say that Jesus's mother Mary is the mother of James and Joses and the others named in Matt. 13:55 is to espouse a LIE because the Biblical evidence is overwhelmingly against you.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time for a Bible Lesson . . .

The “Brethren” of Jesus are not only NOT describes as children of Mary – they are some other relation. ANY first year Bible student can tell you that the Greek word “Adelphos” is used FAR MORE often for relations OTHER than uterine sibling in the NT. It is uses for brother of same parents, half-brother, relative, uncle, nephew, cousin, kinship, same tribe, and even a fellow countryman.

Of the 344 times we see the use of the word “Adelphos”, “Adelphe” and all of their variations, we see that –
41 cases (12%) where "adelphos" clearly or probably refers to a family sibling:
47 cases (14%) where "adelphos" may or may not refer to a family sibling:
There are a whopping 256 cases (74%) where "adelphos" cannot or almost certainly does not refer to a family sibling:

What do the Scriptures have to say about the women standing at the cross and their children?

says, "…among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee".

Mark 15:40 states, "There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the younger and of Joses, and Salome").

Finally, John 19:25 states, "But standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene".

When you compare the different accounts of the crucifixion, they clearly show the mother of James and Joseph to be the wife of Clopas (also called, Alphaeus) – not Mary, the Mother of Jesus.
In Marl 3:18, we see that James the Less father is Alphaeus (Clopas).

Any attempt to connect these people as uterine brothers of Jesus are squashed by the Bible.
To say that Jesus's mother Mary is the mother of James and Joses and the others named in Matt. 13:55 is to espouse a LIE because the Biblical evidence is overwhelmingly against you.

Yep, i see that God gave Joseph and Mary His Approval in Holy Matrimony to copulate with their bodies (naked) and this they did quite often as is the God Given Blessing in Marriage.

Acts1: 12-14 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day’s journey. And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas the son of James.
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

Mary was popping out those babies as she and Joseph stirred up the batter.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, i see that God gave Joseph and Mary His Approval in Holy Matrimony to copulate with their bodies (naked) and this they did quite often as is the God Given Blessing in Marriage.

Acts1: 12-14 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day’s journey. And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas the son of James.
These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

Mary was popping out those babies as she and Joseph stirred up the batter.
Soooo - you're speaking about Jesus''s mother with such disrespect because it says she was there with his "brothers? - and YOU think those are HER children??
Did you bother to read the NEXT verse Einstein?

Acts 1:15

In those days Peter stood up among the brothers (the company of persons was in all about 120) and said

Like I already told you, the Greek word Adelphos is used for brother, half-brother, relative, uncle, nephew, cousin, kinship, same tribe, and even a fellow countryman.
I GUARANTEE you that Mary didn't have 120 sons . . .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo - you're speaking about Jesus''s mother with such disrespect because it says she was there with his "brothers? - and YOU think those are HER children??
Did you bother to read the NEXT verse Einstein?

Acts 1:15

In those days Peter stood up among the brothers (the company of persons was in all about 120) and said

Like I already told you, the Greek word Adelphos is used for brother, half-brother, relative, uncle, nephew, cousin, kinship, same tribe, and even a fellow countryman.
I GUARANTEE you that Mary didn't have 120 sons . . .
verses 12-14 distinguish individuals in the group including Mary and her children.

"Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

Joseph and Mary had sexual union just as God Himself Commanded them to do, from the Beginning in the Garden of Bliss.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
verses 12-14 distinguish individuals in the group including Mary and her children.

"Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

Joseph and Mary had sexual union just as God Himself Commanded them to do, from the Beginning in the Garden of Bliss.
I'm sure if you repeat a LIE long enough - it starts too sound like the truth.
NOTHING you just said refuted my previous post in ANY way.

Nice job . . .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure if you repeat a LIE long enough - it starts too sound like the truth.
NOTHING you just said refuted my previous post in ANY way.

Nice job . . .
Well you just keep on repeating the lies of RCC, so there you go!

Here is more scriptural Truth of Mary's womb that embraced her husband Joseph many times by which she became pregnant by him.

Galatians 1:19 - Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother.

1 Corinthians 9:1-5
Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
My defense to those who examine me is this: Do we have no right to eat and drink?
Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you just keep on repeating the lies of RCC, so there you go!

Here is more scriptural Truth of Mary's womb that embraced her husband Joseph many times by which she became pregnant by him.

Galatians 1:19 - Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother.

1 Corinthians 9:1-5
Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
If I am not an apostle to others, yet doubtless I am to you. For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
My defense to those who examine me is this: Do we have no right to eat and drink?
Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?
WOW.

I already proved to you that James, the “brother” of the Lord was a relative of Jesus – bit NIT a uterine sibling.
How MANY times do I need to show you the Biblical evidence??

In Marl 3:18, we see that James the Less’s father is
Alphaeus (Clopas).

You've LOST this argument . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WOW.

I already proved to you that James, the “brother” of the Lord was a relative of Jesus – bit NIT a uterine sibling.
How MANY times do I need to show you the Biblical evidence??

In Marl 3:18, we see that James the Less’s father is
Alphaeus (Clopas).

You've LOST this argument . . .
Luke 2:41 Every year Jesus’ parents would go to Jerusalem for the Passover festival. ( a tradition) 42 When he was 12 years old, they went as usual.

43 When the festival was over, they left for home. The boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but his parents didn’t know it. 44 They thought that he was with the others who were traveling with them. After traveling for a day, they started to look for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they didn’t find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him.

No mention of siblings. Mary and Joseph must have hired babysitters when they left for the trip....no, wait, that's not in the Bible.

Acts 1:15 120 brothers? Mary would have to be pregnant back to back for 90 years to produce that many "brothers".

In this video, Dr. Brant Pitre discusses the so-called brethren of Jesus, and asks the fundamental question as to whether or not -- given both the biblical evidence and the early Church fathers -- the gospels speak of biological brothers of Jesus or not. He will also explain who these so called brothers were and the positions they held in the early Church.

1681420686194.png
Text of video: THE BROTHERS OF JESUS by Brant Pitre - THE SPLENDOR OF THE CHURCH

Calvin Believed In The Perpetual Virginity Of Mary — So Should Calvinists

Before the 18th century, not a single Protestant church taught in opposition to the reformist position that Jesus had no siblings. It was asserted by the false philosophies of atheists and skeptics after the so called "Enlightenment era", and spread in Protestantism like a cancer. It's a faddish theological flip-flop, and radical anti-Catholics busy themselves covering up what the reformers taught about Mary.

The pre-Lutheran reformer John Wycliffe reflected the Marian spirit of the later Middle Ages in one of his earlier sermons: "It seems to me impossible that we should obtain the reward of Heaven without the help of Mary. There is no sex or age, no rank or position, of anyone in the whole human race, which has no need to call for the help of the Holy Virgin."[2]

Last edited: