If Jesus was the Son of God before he became man...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
are you kidding? please give book chapter and verse to this claim.

well I see you and I have nothing to discuss anymore if you cannot produce the book chapter and verse to support your claim.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Wow .. a rare bird that doesn't know this part of Genesis 6.

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Son's of God" are "Son's of God" They are other Gods - that is what the Israelite's and those who wrote Genesis and Job -Deuteronomy and Psalms believed.

It matters not what is written in the NT - as that does not help us with what the Ancient Israelite's believed.

and never a good idea to call others ignorant when you obvious have not understood what was being said.

So yes .. as your own logic dictates .. these are other Gods. .. Lesser Gods though - not on the same level as "The Father" aka "El" who is later transformed into El -YHWH.
ERROR, I asked for, book, chapter, and verse. now watch what the bible say about your other "gods", or "Gods",

1 Chronicles 16:26 "For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens."

Psalms 96:5 "For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens."

NOW WHAT IS A IDOL?, LISTEN,

1 Corinthians 8:4 "As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one." (do you know this Heyzeus, that an idol id NOTHING), that's if you're a christian, you should know this.

Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

well that took Care of the small case "g" in gods, and the capital "G" in Gods. that took care of both idols, which are NOTHING in the world.

see Heyzeus I give book chapter and verse. :rolleyes:

so there is no other "gods" or "Gods", plain and simple. you're reproved. good day.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ERROR, I asked for, book, chapter, and verse. now watch what the bible say about your other "gods", or "Gods",

so there is no other "gods" or "Gods", plain and simple. you're reproved. good day.

PICJAG

It is moronic to post from the NT - w/r to the meaning of the Sons of God - in the OT

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown"

You are forgetting your own questions .. in a desperate attempt at denial. The above shows that the "Sons of God has sex with Human women.

What part of that is not clear in the above passage ?

As to the nature of these "Sons of God" - If they were not Humans - and Not Angels - as you previously claimed .. then what were they -if not other Gods.. and who were the folks that help God create man in his own image ?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second looking human is not nessary human. GOOD, so that eliminates your angel theory mating with humans.

PICJAG

No, it doesn't, it means that the Angels that materialize fleshly bodies that were not human but a different kind of flesh that only looked human when they did mate with human women they produced a hybrid offspring

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it doesn't, it means that the Angels that materialize fleshly bodies that were not human but a different kind of flesh that only looked human when they did mate with human women they produced a hybrid offspring
first, with a bleeding heart, I thank you for the reply. second, as for their flesh they have no blood. BINGO. listen closley, Matthew 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."
now do angel live or exist by blood? no, listen, Leviticus 17:11 "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

understand our NATURAL FLESH BODIES require blood. as the Lord said, "in the resurrection". now think will we have blood in the resurrection? NO, so angels have no blood, meaning they have no human type DNA, no blood no "NATURAL" flesh to reproduce.

is that too hard to understand. there is no blood in the resurrection, so there is no reproduction of any "NATURAL" flesh. are you getting this PICTURE.

there is no blood for natural life. none natta, zero. final.

now if you cannot understand that, sorry for you.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It was not angels that mated with humans. It was the Sons of God .. who are not angels.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Angels are called, "Sons of God," you and I will continue to disagree.

Deut 32:43
O heavens, rejoice with Him, Bow to him all sons of the divine
O nations, rejoice with his people and let all angels of the divine Strengthen themselves in Him
For He’ll avenge the blood of His Son’s, Be vengeful, and wreak vengeance and recompense justice on his foes
Requite those who reject Him, and the Lord will Cleanse his peoples land.

Clearly in the above passage .. sons of the divine .. are "Sons of the Divine/ Sons of God" - but lower status than El - The Father.

Deut 32:8-9 “When the Most High (El -Elyon) allotted peoples for inheritance, When He divided up humanity, He fixed the boundaries for peoples, According to the number of the sons of the divine: For Yahweh’s portion is his people, Jacob His own inheritance.

Here we find out that YHWH was a Son of El - and how the peoples of the earth were divided among the various "Sons of God" .. YHWH's portion being the Israelite's.

Job 1 "One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.7“Where have you come from?” said the LORD to Satan"

Here we find out that Satan is also a Son of God .. and there are others .. and they visit God once in awhile .. like in Deut 32:43

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 1 "One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.7“Where have you come from?” said the LORD to Satan"

Here we find out that Satan is also a Son of God .. and there are others .. and they visit God once in awhile .. like in Deut 32:43
that is as incorrect as three left shoes for each foot. satan is never a son of God. "and they visit God once in awhile" where, is not God every where? Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?"Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."
so why say, "they visit God once in awhile". like God sometimes go on VCATION? LOL, MY GOD HELP THESE PEOPLES.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that is as incorrect as three left shoes for each foot. satan is never a son of God. "and they visit God once in awhile" where, is not God every where? Jeremiah 23:23 "Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?"Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."
so why say, "they visit God once in awhile". like God sometimes go on VCATION? LOL, MY GOD HELP THESE PEOPLES.

PICJAG

Maybe you are thinking of a different "Satan" ? The Advocate .. the "Tempter" in Job .. is referred to as one of the sons of God- Divinities of some kind .. not Angels .. who hang out with God from time to time - up in heaven ..as per Scripture.

The advocate is on particularly good terms with the Most High.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you are thinking of a different "Satan" ? The Advocate .. the "Tempter" in Job .. is referred to as one of the sons of God- Divinities of some kind .. not Angels .. who hang out with God from time to time - up in heaven ..as per Scripture.

The advocate is on particularly good terms with the Most High.
The advocate?, LOL, LOL, LOL, somebody is on drugs. for the term "Satan" here is the Hebrew word,
H7854 שָׂטָן satan (saw-tawn') n-m.
1. an opponent.
2. (especially, with the article prefixed) Satan, the arch-enemy of good.

[from H7853]
KJV: adversary, Satan, withstand.
Root(s): H7853

not a advocate. man oh man. but an adversary. listen up FYI Satan is evil, not sin, but evil, hence he can stand before God.... :eek: understand that?

now the real sons of God are identified right here in Job chapter 1. there is no guess work in it. listen, Job 1:1 "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil."
Job 1:2 "And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters."
Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east."

did you notice the word "men" here in verse #3? I guess not, it's the Hebrew word,
H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m.
בָּנִים baniym (ba-neem') [plural]
בְּנִי bniy (ben-ee') [possessive singular]
בָּנַי banay (baw-nah'ee) [possessive plural]
(used widely) a son (as a builder of the family name).
{in the widest sense of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1 H251, etc.).}
[from H1129]
KJV: + afflicted, age, (Ahoh-) (Ammon-) (Hachmon-) (Lev-)ite, (anoint-)ed one, appointed to, (+) arrow, (Assyr-) (Babylon-) (Egypt-) (Grec-)ian, one born, bough, branch, breed, + (young) bullock, + (young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first, + firstborn, foal, + very fruitful, + postage, X in, + kid, + lamb, (+) man, meet, + mighty, + nephew, old, (+) people, + rebel, + robber, X servant born, X soldier, son, + spark, + steward, + stranger, X surely, them of, + tumultuous one, + valiant(-est), whelp, worthy, young (one), youth.
Root(s): H1129
See also: H1, H251

it means "son".... (smile), lol... oh so ignorant. and guess what, this word H1121 בֵּן ben is the same word used in Genesis 6:4 in describing the "sons of God" there.... LOL. oh my. and listen up no where in the definition it mention any angels. Job was not an angel, nor those men in Genesis 6:4 was not angels either.... see how easy it is to reprove, and correct, when one have the TRUE teacher, the Holy Ghost, the Lord Jesus.

and another bit of information in chapter #1. Job a man was keeping God feast days....... :p it's right there in Job chapter 1. but you cannot see it for it is Spiritually decern... (smile).

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The advocate?, LOL, LOL, LOL, somebody is on drugs. for the term "Satan" here is the Hebrew word,
1. an opponent.

[from H7853]

not a advocate. man oh man. but an adversary. listen up FYI Satan is evil, not sin, but evil, hence he can stand before God.... :eek: understand that?

now the real sons of God are identified right here in Job chapter 1. there is no guess work in it. listen, Job 1:1 "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil."
Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east."

did you notice the word "men" here in verse #3? I guess not, it's the Hebrew word,
{in the widest sense of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1 H251, etc.).}
[from H1129]
KJV: + afflicted, age, (Ahoh-) (Ammon-) (Hachmon-) (Lev-)ite, (anoint-)ed one, appointed to, (+) arrow, (Assyr-) (Babylon-) (Egypt-) (Grec-)ian, one born, bough, branch, breed, + (young) bullock, + (young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first, + firstborn, foal, + very fruitful, + postage, X in, + kid, + lamb, (+) man, meet, + mighty, + nephew, old, (+) people, + rebel, + robber, X servant born, X soldier, son, + spark, + steward, + stranger, X surely, them of, + tumultuous one, + valiant(-est), whelp, worthy, young (one), youth.

it means "son".... (smile), lol... oh so ignorant. and guess what, this word H1121 בֵּן ben is the same word used in Genesis 6:4 in describing the "sons of God" there.... LOL. oh my. and listen up no where in the definition it mention any angels. Job was not an angel, nor those men in Genesis 6:4 was not angels either.... see how easy it is to reprove, and correct, when one have the TRUE teacher, the Holy Ghost, the Lord Jesus.

and another bit of information in chapter #1. Job a man was keeping God feast days....... :p it's right there in Job chapter 1. but you cannot see it for it is Spiritually decern... (smile).

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pretty good info......

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. an opponent.

[from H7853]

[from H1129]

PICJAG

You are completely all over the map .. posting ridiculous definitions to what point I am not sure. ..

The term used in Job is "Sons of God" - these are not men - hanging out with "The most High" - in heaven .. these are "sons of God" and everyone in ancient Israel knew what this meant .. one more reference to the Divine Pantheon .. in which all Israelite's believed...

In Deut 32:43 .. we have these same Sons of the Divine/Son's of God hanging out with the big Chief .. Bowing to the big Chief and also celebrating. In HEAVEN .. on a lower tier we have the Nations and then the Angels .. in that order... which matters !

O nations, rejoice with his people and let all angels of the divine Strengthen themselves in Him
For He’ll avenge the blood of His Son’s, Be vengeful, and wreak vengeance and recompense justice on his foes

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are completely all over the map .. posting ridiculous definitions to what point I am not sure. ..
nope, I'm in the book of Job just where the question was enguaged at, and as for the definition I used on "men", which is rendered "son", my source is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments. you can look it up.... (smile).
The term used in Job is "Sons of God" - these are not men
see you lied, listen, Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east." the same word used in Genesis 6:4 of the son of God there. or ... you saying that there are two types, or sets of sons of God?
In Deut 32:43 .. we have these same Sons of the Divine/Son's of God hanging out with the big Chief .. Bowing to the big Chief and also celebrating. In HEAVEN .. on a lower tier we have the Nations and then the Angels .. in that order... which matters !

that have been debunked, Post #209, 205, 202.

it you all over the place, but I'm going to leave you in one place... "before God", (Smile) .... YIKES... :eek:

so you have nothing to stand on, just like all IDOL, you have fallen down and cain't get up........ :D

Good night,

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
nope, I'm in the book of Job just where the question was enguaged at, and as for the definition I used on "men", which is rendered "son", my source is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments. you can look it up.... (smile).

see you lied, listen, Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east." the same word used in Genesis 6:4 of the son of God there. or ... you saying that there are two types, or sets of sons of God?

that have been debunked, Post #209, 205, 202.

it you all over the place, but I'm going to leave you in one place... "before God", (Smile) .... YIKES... :eek:

so you have nothing to stand on, just like all IDOL, you have fallen down and cain't get up........ :D

Good night,

PICJAG

You are off the rocker .. claiming a post about Job debunks Deut 32:43 .. you can't bear to look at that passage ... as it destroys the Fairy tale you have been living..

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are off the rocker .. claiming a post about Job debunks Deut 32:43 .. you can't bear to look at that passage ... as it destroys the Fairy tale you have been living..
AM I off my rockers?...... are you kidding, this has nothing to do with angels, nor heaven.. it's all nations rejoicing together here on EARTH, praising the Lord JESUS, God almighty. and that's planet EARTH. listen oh foolish of heart, Romans 15:8 "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:"
Romans 15:9 "And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name."
Romans 15:10 "And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people."
Romans 15:11 "And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people."
Romans 15:12 "And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust."
did you see that Heyzeus, the apostle quoted Deut 32:43 on the gentiles nation in praising the Lord, here on earth.
my, my, my, my, my, some people are denser than steel when it comes to the word of God.... Lord help them to understand.

so you been caught in a lie in Job, and reproved by the letters to the Romans, what next? why don't you quit while you're ahead... (smile). for it's only going to get worse for you. we suggest you read, 2 Timothy 2:15.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AM I off my rockers?...... are you kidding, this has nothing to do with angels, nor heaven.. it's all nations rejoicing together here on EARTH, praising the Lord JESUS, God almighty. and that's planet EARTH. listen oh foolish of heart,
did you see that Heyzeus, the apostle quoted Deut 32:43 on the gentiles nation in praising the Lord, here on earth.
my, my, my, my, my, some people are denser than steel when it comes to the word of God.... Lord help them to understand.

so you been caught in a lie in Job,

PICJAG

That is quite an accusation .. which turns out to be Projection of your actions onto others.

You claim the passage has nothing to do with Angels or Heaven ? pretend like I am just making things up.. and call me a Liar

In Deut 32:43 ..

Did you miss that this passage has all of the "Heavens" rejoicing with the Most High .. the "Sons of God" are bowing to him

The Nations are also rejoicing with "his people" - with Israel - and below that rung are the Angels.

You claiming that this does not exist in the above passage is the only falsehood here .. and guilty of bearing false witness against thy Neighbor ... Twisted are the thoughts of those under the influence of the decepticons.

Same "Sons of God" are in Job .. they are up in heaven presenting themselves to the "the Most High" - again we see them in a subservient position... Subordinate to the Father. .. you know what that means right .. when the Son of God is Subordinate to the Father ?

In any case .. Satan is among these "Sons of God" and has a chat with Daddy while he is there ...

Is reality to much for you to bear - that you have to start making false accusations - and building strawman fallacies ? I heard the term "Lying for Jesus" .. not sure this hits that note .. but it is moving in that direction.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you miss that this passage has all of the "Heavens" rejoicing with the Most High .. the "Sons of God" are bowing to him
nope didn't miss that, what version is you reading from? I'm using the KJV, and I see no "Heavens" rejoicing, but gentiles nation rejoicing
Deuteronomy 32:43 "Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people."
I don't know what been smoked, but it's not good. "Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people".... :eek: ... YIKES! UP in Smoke, with cheech and chong.

maybe you need to try these verses, this is your best bet, listen, Psalms 148:1 "Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights."
Psalms 148:2 "Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts."
Psalms 148:3 "Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light."
Psalms 148:4 "Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens."
Psalms 148:5 "Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created."
Psalms 148:6 "He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass."

now try that and it might help you, but you're still going to be reprove..... LOL, (smile).
so no, Deuteronomy 32:43 do not support your false clain.... next.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
nope didn't miss that, what version is you reading from? I'm using the KJV, and I see no "Heavens" rejoicing, but gentiles nation rejoicing
Deuteronomy 32:43 "Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people."
I don't know what been smoked, but it's not good. "Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people".... :eek: ... YIKES! UP in Smoke, with cheech and chong.

now try that and it might help you, but you're still going to be reprove..... LOL, (smile).
so no, Deuteronomy 32:43 do not support your false clain.... next.

PICJAG

It is not in the KJV - because used the MT as the source document compiled 700-900AD ..
The Bible I am quoting from is much older - the Septuagint or (LXX)

Unfortunately the MT wiped this passage clean of mention of any divinities.. as was done with other similar passages. So any modern bible gives a horrible translation of this passage where the meaning is lost.

So yes .. Deut 32:43 reads exactly how it was given to you .. in the LXX - 4DeutQ - Qumran text from a similar period as the LXX has a similar reading to the LXX ... Masoretic Text (MT) and hence the KJV ... this passage has been "sanitized" ..

So much for "Literal word of God" -