If Jesus was the Son of God before he became man...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't say these Angels had human flesh. I also didn't make an error because you lack faith in the truth, that's just you lacking faith in the ttuth. What I'm saying is that the word Spirit and soul, not the same words they don't mean the same thing they're contrasted with each other at 1Peter 3:18-20. Out of that destruction during Noah's day only 8 humans were saved. The spirits in prison that Jesus went preaching to after his resurrection were not disembodied souls but were the Angels that materialized fleshly bodies and mated with human women.

The flood story is allegory .. There was no Flood that wiped out all land creatures (sans Noah and kin) around 2100-2300 BC.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say these Angels had human flesh. I also didn't make an error because you lack faith in the truth, that's just you lacking faith in the ttuth. What I'm saying is that the word Spirit and soul, not the same words they don't mean the same thing they're contrasted with each other at 1Peter 3:18-20. Out of that destruction during Noah's day only 8 humans were saved. The spirits in prison that Jesus went preaching to after his resurrection were not disembodied souls but were the Angels that materialized fleshly bodies and mated with human women.
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the the reply, second, you said, "I also didn't make an error because you lack faith in the truth". TRUTH?, do you believe the truth? and lacking Faith, well you first should start with your own Faith in believing the LIE that God is Jehovah. and for the last time it was not not angels who he went and preached to. and you just contridicted yourself, listen

you said, "I didn't say these Angels had human flesh".
You said, "but were the Angels that materialized fleshly bodies and mated with human women".

and as said angels don't mate with humans. Matthew 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." THEY DON'T REPRODUCE..... AT ALL

so good day to you.
Another successful sabotage operation.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

janc3

Sep 5, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
your scripture proof

PICJAG
And it came to pass one day, that the sons of God came to stand before the mighty one, and Satan also came in their midst,

Satan is not a human

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it came to pass one day, that the sons of God came to stand before the mighty one, and Satan also came in their midst,

Satan is not a human
Job 1:6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."

so? Satan is not a "son of God". and if you are implying that just because he came amoung them, do not means he a "son of God".

listen, note this example, say the 101G family had a reunion, we all gathered together, also janc3 came anong us. do that make janc3 a member of 101G family just because janc3 came among us? no. just as satan go to your church or congregation, do it make him a member there? no.

so that excuse will not fly. try something else.

but know one thing, since you're in the book of Job, he, Job was a son of God... (smile), did you see it?

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Job 1:6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them."

so? Satan is not a "son of God". and if you are implying that just because he came amoung them, do not means he a "son of God".

listen, note this example, say the 101G family had a reunion, we all gathered together, also janc3 came anong us. do that make janc3 a member of 101G family just because janc3 came among us? no. just as satan go to your church or congregation, do it make him a member there? no.

so that excuse will not fly. try something else.

but know one thing, since you're in the book of Job, he, Job was a son of God... (smile), did you see it?

PICJAG

NO .. quite the reverse .. and you know it .. so why the disingenuous response to the poster you are responding to. The Son's of God are clearly not humans in this passage .. They are up visiting with God - having a celebration of some kind no doubt.

The Son's of God are - "Son's of God" he was reputed to have 70 or so the Bible tells us ..and he divided the earth among them ..

YHWH's portion was Jacob ( Israel) Deut 32

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO .. quite the reverse .. and you know it .. so why the disingenuous response to the poster you are responding to. The Son's of God are clearly not humans in this passage .. They are up visiting with God - having a celebration of some kind no doubt.

The Son's of God are - "Son's of God" he was reputed to have 70 or so the Bible tells us ..and he divided the earth among them ..

YHWH's portion was Jacob ( Israel) Deut 32
LOL, LOL, LOL. "They are up visiting with God", are you that dense? no flesh and blood human has ever went to heaven... :rolleyes: my God this is basic bible study.

look no one ther in Job went ... up... lol. no they were here on earth . listen, "they presented" themselves here on earth.
Job 1:6 "Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them”. Here, some say that this presentation was in heaven of the angles. Now Job 2:1 "Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD”. they came together and presented themselves before the LORD. Yes, here on Earth. this is nothing unusual, Joshua 24:1 "And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem, and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers; and they presented themselves before God”. this presenting of the heads of Israel was on earth, and not in heaven. Likewise, the sons of God in Job 1:6, and 2:1 was “earth born” men/sons of God who presented themselves before God here on PLANET EARTH.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL, LOL, LOL. "They are up visiting with God", are you that dense? no flesh and blood human has ever went to heaven... :rolleyes: my God this is basic bible study.
PICJAG

The sons of God are up visiting with God .. thats what the passage says.

Job 1:6 One day the "sons of God" came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. 7 God said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Why are you so confused mate - no one sayin sons of God are humans - but you.. so who you saying are sitting up there with God - who are the sons of God ... and BTW .. I'm sorry Luke ... we know they are not Angels ... your friends have all left you .. just us Gods here .. hanging out.

Did Jesus ever say .. I don't have a Brother ... even Matt .. who gave us the virgin birth story said only "begotten" Son .. didn't say only son. Sataniel wasn't born out of no woman .. was Jesus that did that Trick .. hmmm or was he.

Anyway .. Sataniel is not an Angel dear Luke and he sure as heck ain't no Human ... We learn this on Page 1 of the NT - when in proper order. Did you miss it ?

Page 1 of Mark - if you had nothing else to go on - throw away everything you have ever heard or known about the Bible -and all the stories you have ever heard or been written .. and all you knew was Page 1 of Mark... What happens ?

After Jesus is made divine - or as his divinity was revealed - either way .. he goes to Satan for testing.

But first - given this is the only time Father El Speaks Directly to his Son - in the entire NT if not mistaken .. we might want to pay attention to the distinction between "The Father" .. and " a Son" of God .. Father El .. God of Abraham - if you believe the Encyclopedia Britannica and the rational they give - well ... its not theirs actually -- they are citing modern scholarship verbatem.

But I digress .. The Son of this God .. then goes for testing - as is customary - how many examples would you like .. so far .. this story has all the components of hundred other God patronizing a human myth .. From Sargon to Moses .. same story .. Sargon and the basket I mean .. then patronized by a God .. just like Moses .. cept Sargon's God was El .. Just like Abraham .. and his father .. and his Fathers Father.. the one True God God of Noah and Shem .. Creator God - God of the Flood - God of the Mountain - The Most High...

back to the Testing ... Jesus vs Satan round 1

Clearly Satan is not a Human in this story .. how about an Angel ? hmmm .. possible I suppose .. but clearly one with Godlike Powers.

Tell you one thing this Angel is likely not going to do .. and that is Ask God to bow down to him... as God is Standing before him .

but this is not God in the Story - clearly - God is up there .. this man who just turned into a "Son of God" down here. .. and he is hanging out with Satan .. who was sent by El-YHWH - to conduct the standard testing ritual .. and Jesus passes with flying colors.

and the story ends. .. PS though .. Satan has the power to give Jesus the whole world .. Jesus .. who cares.. no big deal .. chooses another path .. doesn't bow down to Satan ...

Obviously if this was God .. the question is ridiculous .. hey God .. I will give you the whole world if you will bow down to me ..

God responding to son like in Job - What ??? what are you talking about .. and they make some kind of bet .. and carry on .. as Father and Son are doing .. in Job 1. again .. one page One from the OT .. one from the NT

and thats all you have to go on .. you are allowed nothing else .. tell me who Satan is.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
then why does the Bible say that he became the Son of God only when he became man?

The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you; THEREFORE also the Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

For the reason that he became a man he was called the Son of God, the Bible says so. There was no Son of God before that, that is why it is never mentioned in the Old Testament, because the Son of God was and is the Spirit of God who became flesh.
how many of these threads you got anyway :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just can't believe it, Christian don't kow what or who the sons of God is.
1 John 3:1 "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."1
John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

but what about the sons of God in the OT? lets get Job first and then get Genesis 6.

Job 1:1 "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil."
Job 1:2 "And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters."
Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east."

first thing, Job was keeping the feast days. and also Job is clearly defined as a "son of God. verse three, "MEN" here is the Hebrew word,
H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m.
בָּנִים baniym (ba-neem') [plural]
בְּנִי bniy (ben-ee') [possessive singular]
בָּנַי banay (baw-nah'ee) [possessive plural]
(used widely) a son (as a builder of the family name).
{in the widest sense of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1 H251, etc.).}
[from H1129]

what! "a son", now where have we seen this definition at before? well lets check the record. Genesis 6:1 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,"
Genesis 6:2 "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." BINGO.
well I guess Job was an angel also.... (smile). NO, Job was a HUMAN. and Job in 1:3 is callede a H1121 בֵּן ben, or "son" in reference to God.
he was called a H376 אִישׁ 'iysh (eesh) a man as an individual or a male person. so in verse three, he was HUMAN.

so all this nonsense about angels are sons, NOT HERE, get that nonsense out of your mouth, heart, and mind. Read your bibles with the HOLY Spirit.

so the "sons of God" in Genesis chapter 6 are human men who came from the unfallen line of Adam and Eve. but is now corrupted with sin also. why, for sin came upon all men because of Adam. yes including the Good, the bad and the ugly ... o_O

and two terms one need to know.
A. Sons of God, and B. Daughters of men. it means only a son had the Spirit of God, and a daughter didn't. that's all. as with today, a christian, "son", (save), marrying a "daughter", (unsave) . the terms "sons", and "daughters", are just a metaphor use here to describe a type of person.

but the point is made, JOB is a son in reference to God, hence he is called a "son" of God in Job 1:3.

so that angel theory as sons of God, is just that .... a theory.

PICJAG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus was the Son of God before he became man...
OP ^

God is Spirit.
God never changes.
God has no Father or Mother.

It matters not How God Appears to mankind,
mankind can not See God or hear his Voice, as He is.

It matters not How many Names or Titles God has, He does NOT Change.

God is:
Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omnipotent.

Glory to God,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the the reply, second, you said, "I also didn't make an error because you lack faith in the truth". TRUTH?, do you believe the truth? and lacking Faith, well you first should start with your own Faith in believing the LIE that God is Jehovah. and for the last time it was not not angels who he went and preached to. and you just contridicted yourself, listen

You said, "but were the Angels that materialized fleshly bodies and mated with human women".

and as said angels don't mate with humans. Matthew 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." THEY DON'T REPRODUCE..... AT ALL

so good day to you.

PICJAG

Actually, I don't worry about what those who don't believe that The True God didn't send his Only Begotten Son to the world of Mankind believe or say about me.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

so good day to you.

PICJAG

fleshly bodies don't mean human bodies. these angels when they materialized as fleshly bodies they only looked human but were not human.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just can't believe it, Christian don't kow what or who the sons of God is.
1 John 3:1 "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."1
John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

but what about the sons of God in the OT? lets get Job first and then get Genesis 6.

Job 1:1 "There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil."
Job 1:2 "And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters."
Job 1:3 "His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east."

first thing, Job was keeping the feast days. and also Job is clearly defined as a "son of God. verse three, "MEN" here is the Hebrew word,
H1121 בֵּן ben (bane) n-m.
בָּנִים baniym (ba-neem') [plural]
בְּנִי bniy (ben-ee') [possessive singular]
בָּנַי banay (baw-nah'ee) [possessive plural]
(used widely) a son (as a builder of the family name).
{in the widest sense of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like H1 H251, etc.).}
[from H1129]

what! "a son", now where have we seen this definition at before? well lets check the record. Genesis 6:1 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,"
Genesis 6:2 "That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose." BINGO.
well I guess Job was an angel also.... (smile). NO, Job was a HUMAN. and Job in 1:3 is callede a H1121 בֵּן ben, or "son" in reference to God.
he was called a H376 אִישׁ 'iysh (eesh) a man as an individual or a male person. so in verse three, he was HUMAN.

so all this nonsense about angels are sons, NOT HERE, get that nonsense out of your mouth, heart, and mind. Read your bibles with the HOLY Spirit.

so the "sons of God" in Genesis chapter 6 are human men who came from the unfallen line of Adam and Eve. but is now corrupted with sin also. why, for sin came upon all men because of Adam. yes including the Good, the bad and the ugly ... o_O

and two terms one need to know.
A. Sons of God, and B. Daughters of men. it means only a son had the Spirit of God, and a daughter didn't. that's all. as with today, a christian, "son", (save), marrying a "daughter", (unsave) . the terms "sons", and "daughters", are just a metaphor use here to describe a type of person.

but the point is made, JOB is a son in reference to God, hence he is called a "son" of God in Job 1:3.

so that angel theory as sons of God, is just that .... a theory.

PICJAG

1) I never called the "Sons of God" angels
2) The idea that these are humans is simply false - this would mean that Humans were invited up to heaven - and that Satan is a Human.

The idea that these were humans is preposterous nonsense .. as is looking at NT scripture to figure out what OT folks meant by a term.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I don't worry about what those who don't believe that The True God didn't send his Only Begotten Son to the world of Mankind believe or say about me.
fleshly bodies don't mean human bodies. these angels when they materialized as fleshly bodies they only looked human but were not human.
first thanks for the reply, second looking human is not nessary human. GOOD, so that eliminates your angel theory mating with humans.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
first thanks for the reply, second looking human is not nessary human. GOOD, so that eliminates your angel theory mating with humans.

PICJAG

Correct - Angels didn't mate with humans in Genesis .. it was the "Son's of God" who mated with humans - Gods - just like in the Greek Myths :)

Regardless of what you believe .. this is what the authors of the text and the people of the time believed.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) I never called the "Sons of God" angels
2) The idea that these are humans is simply false - this would mean that Humans were invited up to heaven - and that Satan is a Human.

The idea that these were humans is preposterous nonsense .. as is looking at NT scripture to figure out what OT folks meant by a term.
first thanks for the reply, second how ignorant can one be. lets look at what you said, "I never called the "Sons of God" angels"

well a wake up call, for there are only three entities, a. GOD, b. angels/spirits, and c. Humans. now if you're saying angels who are spirits are not sons of God, well that leave a. God, and b. Humans. and since humans with blood don't enter into heaven with blood, so that leave only a. God?... well? and please don't teven try to use the term demons, or evils spirits as a fourth entitie, they are spirits.

so what is your answer as to who the "sons of God" are?

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct - Angels didn't mate with humans in Genesis .. it was the "Son's of God" who mated with humans - Gods - just like in the Greek Myths :)

Regardless of what you believe .. this is what the authors of the text and the people of the time believed.
are you kidding? please give book chapter and verse to this claim.

well I see you and I have nothing to discuss anymore if you cannot produce the book chapter and verse to support your claim.

PICJAG

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
first thanks for the reply, second how ignorant can one be. lets look at what you said, "I never called the "Sons of God" angels"

well a wake up call, for there are only three entities, a. GOD, b. angels/spirits, and c. Humans. now if you're saying angels who are spirits are not sons of God, well that leave a. God, and b. Humans. and since humans with blood don't enter into heaven with blood, so that leave only a. God?... well? and please don't teven try to use the term demons, or evils spirits as a fourth entitie, they are spirits.

so what is your answer as to who the "sons of God" are?

PICJAG

The "Son's of God" are "Son's of God" They are other Gods - that is what the Israelite's and those who wrote Genesis and Job -Deuteronomy and Psalms believed.

It matters not what is written in the NT - as that does not help us with what the Ancient Israelite's believed.

and never a good idea to call others ignorant when you obvious have not understood what was being said.

So yes .. as your own logic dictates .. these are other Gods. .. Lesser Gods though - not on the same level as "The Father" aka "El" who is later transformed into El -YHWH.