If one says, "I take of what is Mine and declare it to you."-- Who is he?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer of course, is-- Not the Holy Spirit.

But it is painfully obvious that we struggle with what Jesus actually said regarding the Holy Spirit, that other "Helper", and just what it is that He has arranged for us and these times in which we live, since He spoke it:

I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you." John 16:12-15​

Some will immediately say that those words were only spoken to Jesus' apostles and only the church leaders now carry the authority to receive of the Holy Spirit. Which Jesus clarified, saying in prayer:

I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word." John 17:20
But it is the gravity of importance that has been overlooked. Learned men refer only to the cosmic force of God in spirit to touch the hearts of men for guidance in this world, rather than filling in what we could not bear 2,000 years ago, unto "all truth" to the glory of Christ, not only to the church, but by the church!

Who then is a "Helper"--even since the beginning? In this case, and according to the mystery of marriage, it is that women who would become the bride of Christ!

Is it not enough that Jesus calls Him a "Helper"--which from the beginning referred to women?

This is like Paul's explanation of the first man Adam and the Last: The first "helper" was Eve the woman, and then those born of the flesh whom called the sons of the first man Adam Lord. But the Last Helper comes to us by the Last Adam, Jesus Christ "a life-giving spirit."

The mystery of marriage kept secret for millennia, continues to unfold.

Which is not to say the Holy Spirit is that Bride or that He has no identity of His own, not at all. But rather, that He comes via the bride--in the bride, fulfilling those promises of Christ:

You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. Matthew 10:18-20​

As such, this is the power of God in the bride, in the church--which continues toward "all truth" in the same manner "Precept upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little.

And yet the caution from those learned men, though it was not complete, and therefore even deceiving, has served until such a time as when we could fully bear it. At which time we are not free to throw caution to the wind, or to take license to preach what we only think we know by our own understanding--but rather that we, the women, the bride, should be "silent in church", that the Holy Spirit alone should speak through us. For which we were also given this reminder and warning:

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 Peter 2:1