If The Kingdom isn't here yet then what is JESUS CHRIST a King of?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Christ's second coming stretch out over thousands of years or is there a future 24 hour day coming during which He will come at some point during that day with the dead in Christ being resurrected at that time? He is King over His kingdom now and we're in His kingdom now, so why wouldn't He deliver it to the Father when He comes? Interpreting scripture in context is not a strength of yours.
Believe it or not, some of these folks actually believe the Wrath of God lasts a long period of time.

Nothing they claim surprises me anymore.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice dodge, Dave.

Super.

Just Super!
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Nah... that title has already been taken, years ago.

My title is SUPERSONIC DAVE.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOPE!

Supersonic Dave is more the following...

Yeah those are awesome.

I've seen some of the beach vids a few times. They're even more impressive without the background music.

Thank you for your service.

Now how can a sharp guy like you be so deceived to believe in the Pre-Mil doctrine? It really doesn't follow everything else about you at all.

It's not even Biblical, man.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Reborn is The Coming:

[John 14:2-3 KJV]
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME AGAIN, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

JESUS Told them before they became Reborn so they would Believe:

[Jhn 14:28 KJV]
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
[Jhn 14:29 KJV]
And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

This is talking about being Reborn:

[Jhn 16:18 KJV]
They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
[Jhn 16:19 KJV]
Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
[Jhn 16:20 KJV]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
[Jhn 16:21 KJV]
A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

We hear His Voice RIGHT NOW, it's directly connected to the First Resurrection ...being Reborn!

[Jhn 18:37 KJV]
Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. EVERY ONE THAT IS OF THE TRUTH HEARETH MY VOICE.

[Jhn 5:24 KJV]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
[Jhn 5:25 KJV]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, AND NOW IS, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[Jhn 5:26 KJV]
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

[Rom 13:11 KJV]
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
[Rom 13:12 KJV]
The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
[Rom 13:13 KJV]
Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
[Rom 13:14 KJV]
But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Romans 6:3-12
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:13 (ESV): 13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but PRESENT YOURSELVES TO GOD AS THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN BROUGHT FROM DEATH TO LIFE, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.

[2Ti 2:11 KJV]
It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

[2Ti 2:12 KJV]
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

[2Ti 2:13 KJV]
If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah those are awesome.

I've seen some of the beach vids a few times. They're even more impressive without the background music.

Now how can a sharp guy like you be so deceived to believe in the Pre-Mil doctrine? It really doesn't follow everything else about you at all.

There you go with that seminary categorization play again.

The Pre-Mill position is about Jesus' 2nd coming at the end of this present world, and then immediately begins His "thousand years" reign of Rev.20. That is... the order of events written in both Old and New Testaments.

The doctrine of Amillennialism was a 2nd century doctrine that crept into the early Church, and it does NOT believe in the "thousand years" of Rev.20, among other ideas not written in God's Word. Thus it is a FALSE doctrine from men.

You know what else crept into some Churches in that same 2nd century? The pagan Gnostics and their Neo-Platonist beliefs from Greek philosophy mixed with Christianity.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah those are awesome.

Not only did I serve in the USAF during Vietnam War as a B-52D crew chief, but I worked for the USAF in R & D for over forty years.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Christ's second coming stretch out over thousands of years or is there a future 24 hour day coming during which He will come at some point during that day with the dead in Christ being resurrected at that time? He is King over His kingdom now and we're in His kingdom now, so why wouldn't He deliver it to the Father when He comes? Interpreting scripture in context is not a strength of yours.
A Day with the Lord is as 1,000 years. Not is as an indefinite time period. The time of the fulness of the Gentiles is not as a Day. The Second Coming is only a Day with the Lord. The Day of the Lord. Only Amil stretch time on into the indefinite. Well them and old earth evolutionists. Although some posters are both Amil and old earth evolutionists.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah those are awesome.

Planes do not fly without a pilot. The Millennium will not fly without Jesus as Prince.

"For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go with that seminary categorization play again.
I guess I don't know what that is.
The Pre-Mill position is about Jesus' 2nd coming at the end of this present world, and then immediately begins His "thousand years" reign of Rev.20. That is... the order of events written in both Old and New Testaments.
I don't find the evidence for any thousand years after Christ's return in the OT or the NT besides what is claimed to be such in Rev. 20 - which I believe is just misinterpreted.
The doctrine of Amillennialism was a 2nd century doctrine that crept into the early Church, and it does NOT believe in the "thousand years" of Rev.20, among other ideas not written in God's Word. Thus it is a FALSE doctrine from men.
Amil doesn't believe that the thousand years comes after Christ's return. It holds that the thousand years are a symbolic number of time that runs from Christ's Crucifixion, or possibly even Pentecost, to the time of His return.

I find no evidence for the Millennium Doctrine anywhere in Scripture, ... but Rev. 20, alone, is claimed to be that evidence; all by itself ... with no support from any other Scripture anywhere.

That's my problem with it and it's a significant issue.

It doesn't even follow the theme, or logic, of Scripture. God says repeatedly "Endure, endure until the end ... and THEN we're gonna do another 1,000 years and let the devil loose on you again"???

It's so out of harmony that it needs some very clear, and abundant/redundant, support from the rest of Scripture ... of which there is none.

It just doesn't add up and everybody that campaigns for it has to take verses and twist and re-translate and claim there's unseen, mysterious, gaps between verses, and words, that are proof-positive of the doctrine, etc.

Sorry, I just do not buy it and will never agree that it aligns with Scripture in the least.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Day with the Lord is as 1,000 years. Not is as an indefinite time period. The time of the fulness of the Gentiles is not as a Day. The Second Coming is only a Day with the Lord. The Day of the Lord.
Is the Lord confined within the realm of time? Do you believe that two days with the Lord is as 2,000 years? Or do you believe that a day, a thousand years, five thousand years, or any amount of time makes no difference to the Lord?

As for the day of the Lord written about in passages like 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6 and 2 Peter 3:3-13, that is talking about an actual 24 hour day during which Christ will return at some point. And when that happens the heavens and earth will be burned up which will result in "sudden destruction" coming upon unbelievers from which "they shall not escape". Do you think this sudden fiery destruction will go on for 1,000 years?

Only Amil stretch time on into the indefinite. Well them and old earth evolutionists. Although some posters are both Amil and old earth evolutionists.
As if there aren't any Premils who are old earth evolutionists? You say some of the most ridiculous things that I've ever seen. I think something is seriously wrong with you.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if there aren't any Premils who are old earth evolutionists? You say some of the most ridiculous things that I've ever seen. I think something is seriously wrong with you.
:D

I couldn't find the post to reply to this statement about Amils who are also evolutionists.

I would really be interested to know if there are ANY Amil evolutionists here at all. I'm willing to bet there are not.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Lord confined within the realm of time? Do you believe that two days with the Lord is as 2,000 years? Or do you believe that a day, a thousand years, five thousand years, or any amount of time makes no difference to the Lord?

As for the day of the Lord written about in passages like 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6 and 2 Peter 3:3-13, that is talking about an actual 24 hour day during which Christ will return at some point. And when that happens the heavens and earth will be burned up which will result in "sudden destruction" coming upon unbelievers from which "they shall not escape". Do you think this sudden fiery destruction will go on for 1,000 years?

No, I don't think God is limited by time. But creation itself has limits called laws. Since God will not break creation, does that limit God? Would God go around breaking rules for the fun of it, just to make a point like you are doing?

I have yet to meet a pre-mil who is an evolutionists. I never claimed they don't exist.

Why would the Millennium be a constant fiery ongoing phenomenon? When one enters a door to go into a room, does walking through the portal equal the totality of the experience lasting minutes as if already in the room but not?

The fiery destruction starts the Second Coming, but is not the totality of the Day of the Lord. The destruction is just the "doorway" into the Day. God could wipe out creation in less than a second. It seems you limit God by actually taking 24 hours.

Amil eschatology is what is seriously wrong with me. If such teaching did not exist, I would feel much better.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't find the evidence for any thousand years after Christ's return in the OT or the NT besides what is claimed to be such in Rev. 20 - ....

Yeah you do, you simply DENY the Scripture as written, that's all...

Rev 20:1-8
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
KJV

And the thing is, those who DENY those Scriptures are about Christ's beginning reign on the earth over ALL nations, still look foolish to those who can read for themselves.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who DENY those Scriptures are about Christ's beginning reign on the earth over ALL nations, still look foolish to those who can read for themselves.
Aww.

It looks like you're the one who can't read for yourself.

That's a shame.

In the post of mine, that you quoted, I stated that I can't find any support for your position "outside of Rev. 20".
GEN2REV said:
I don't find the evidence for any thousand years after Christ's return in the OT or the NT besides what is claimed to be such in Rev. 20

But you knew that when you posted verses in rebuttal from Rev. 20, didn't you.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww.

It looks like you're the one who can't read for yourself.

That's a shame.

In the post of mine, that you quoted, I stated that I can't find any support for your position "outside of Rev. 20".

But you knew that when you posted verses in rebuttal from Rev. 20, didn't you.

Only the deceived would heed what you're saying, simply because they either cannot read God's Word for themselves, or they choose not to.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D

I couldn't find the post to reply to this statement about Amils who are also evolutionists.

I would really be interested to know if there are ANY Amil evolutionists here at all. I'm willing to bet there are not.
I'm willing to bet that as well. Timtofly knows that he is completely incapable of supporting his Premil view with scripture, so he resorts to telling lies about Amils instead.