If The Kingdom isn't here yet then what is JESUS CHRIST a King of?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key is Matthew 4:17. When we repent of our sin, as Jesus commanded, it all becomes clear.
You plan on spiritually keep walking around on earth after you die? How can the kingdom come to earth if you cannot physically enjoy it? All the redeemed are currently enjoying the kingdom in permanent incorruptible physical bodies. They are not spiritually walking around on earth in an invisible kingdom. If they are walking around in invisible bodies, can you prove that with Scripture?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You plan on spiritually keep walking around on earth after you die? How can the kingdom come to earth if you cannot physically enjoy it? All the redeemed are currently enjoying the kingdom in permanent incorruptible physical bodies. They are not spiritually walking around on earth in an invisible kingdom. If they are walking around in invisible bodies, can you prove that with Scripture?
I'm sure we'll go to a beautiful place when we die, but what good will it be if we don't have peace of mind? We have peace of mind when we do things the Lord's way.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand symbolism? The New Jerusalem descends out of heaven (Revelation 3:12 and Revelation 21:2). It is the peace that descends on us when we repent of our sin (Matthew 4:17).

The new Jerusalem descending to earth out of Heaven from God per the end of Revelation is NOT SYMBOLIC.

It will be a REALITY, a LITERAL manifesting upon THIS earth when Jesus returns.

Now if you want a detail in God's Word about that future holy city, see the layout of it in the Ezekiel 40 thru 47 Chapters, which is to include the return of God's River of the Waters of Life, and the Tree of Life.

Those who treat everything in God's Word as being an allegory or symbolic are like the pagans who don't know 'what' they worship.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new Jerusalem descending to earth out of Heaven from God per the end of Revelation is NOT SYMBOLIC.

It will be a REALITY, a LITERAL manifesting upon THIS earth when Jesus returns.

Now if you want a detail in God's Word about that future holy city, see the layout of it in the Ezekiel 40 thru 47 Chapters, which is to include the return of God's River of the Waters of Life, and the Tree of Life.

Those who treat everything in God's Word as being an allegory or symbolic are like the pagans who don't know 'what' they worship.
Until we repent of our sin as Jesus commanded (Matthew 4:17), we are in the dark.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until we repent of our sin as Jesus commanded (Matthew 4:17), we are in the dark.

Sorry, but you are only quoting an idea you got from men, and not from Lord Jesus Christ.

The Matthew 4:17 verse is about Lord Jesus just STARTING His Ministry and proclaiming His Kingdom TO COME.

The Jews REJECTED THE KINGDOM, and Jerusalem and the 2nd temple was destroyed because of that. Then per prophecy, The Gospel then went to the Gentiles, setting up the western Christian nations of history, which is also where the ten lost tribes of Israel had previously been scattered to.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure we'll go to a beautiful place when we die, but what good will it be if we don't have peace of mind? We have peace of mind when we do things the Lord's way.
The peace of mind is figured out in the soteriology forums. This is the eschatology forum about the last days and God's wrath. Those who have soteriology figured out will have peace of mind. Not because they miss out on all the fun, but because they have peace of mind while still in Adam's dead sinful flesh.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you are only quoting an idea you got from men, and not from Lord Jesus Christ.

The Matthew 4:17 verse is about Lord Jesus just STARTING His Ministry and proclaiming His Kingdom TO COME.

The Jews REJECTED THE KINGDOM, and Jerusalem and the 2nd temple was destroyed because of that. Then per prophecy, The Gospel then went to the Gentiles, setting up the western Christian nations of history, which is also where the ten lost tribes of Israel had previously been scattered to.
No, the Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing, and suddenly my life was transformed into something indescribably beautiful.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The peace of mind is figured out in the soteriology forums. This is the eschatology forum about the last days and God's wrath. Those who have soteriology figured out will have peace of mind. Not because they miss out on all the fun, but because they have peace of mind while still in Adam's dead sinful flesh.
I'm just responding to what people are saying to me.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing, and suddenly my life was transformed into something indescribably beautiful.

God's Word is what you, and everyone, will be MEASURED by. You cannot create your own salvation. So I suggest you get busy and study HIS WORD if you want to become one of Lord Jesus' disciples.

John 8:31-32
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, "If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
KJV

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word is what you, and everyone, will be MEASURED by. You cannot create your own salvation. So I suggest you get busy and study HIS WORD if you want to become one of Lord Jesus' disciples.

John 8:31-32
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, "If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
KJV
I can witness to what I have seen.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does JESUS cast out devils when we are Reborn?

This sure sounds like The Kingdom is Now with satan bound:

Mat 12:28-29
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What "world" (age) do you think JESUS was talking about? It can't be the Afterlife because who would need forgiven for anything there? This is more proof that the age of the Jews ended in 70 A.D.:

Mat 12:32
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is talking about 70 A.D., Jews don't have a root to be Jews anymore.
Mal 4:1
For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Two Verses before Mal 4:1
Mal 3:17
And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

//Could the people spared be Christians told to flee The City?

Do you think maybe the Gentiles are outside the border? And that all of this already started?:

Mal 1:5
And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The LORD will be magnified from the border of Israel.

Mal 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

Does anyone think "the wrath to come" ...didn't happen yet?

Matthew 3:7,10
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So which is it? A remnant ...or all?
The number one excuse of Premills is the whole blindness of Jews thing ...and it has been ruined. The rug has been pulled out from under you.

Rom 9:27
Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a REMNANT shall be saved:

Rom 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

// Romans 9:29 is telling you a Remnant was Saved ...2,000 years ago.
The Reborn are Jacob.

"that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

// Could this mean the Elect are blind until they are actually Elected? The Body of CHRIST is Israel/Jacob.

All of The Body of CHRIST will be Saved. Dead spirits have ungodliness removed when they are Reborn:

Romans 11:26
And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come from Zion; He will remove godlessness from Jacob.

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PJ: Another great video by this pastor. Just a few points on it.

1. I agree with most of it in the main. Christ and his works and soon after in his generation, completed all future remaining prophecies.
2. Yes, the Anti-Christ is a spirit or spirits of the evil one, (the chief evil ... called Satan) and not a future person that opposes Christ and his people who lavished in a physical newly constructed Temple. The Beast of the sea and earth is not therefore the Anti-Christ or any superman. 3. The key point for all believers to heed is be vigilant to the future generation of false believers and clearly godless people who are intermingled as one, who have clearly and completely separated itself from the true gospel and completely falls away as an institutional doctrine, of the global false Church - it becomes a truly global religious anti-Christ institution. Noah also knew of his last generation and then stepped into the Ark. The time will come when the evil one is unbound, unrestrained by the Spirit of God, revealed as he gathers his global false Church and trans-humanistic religious people (95% of the population) to endeavor to destroy those of Christ and his Body. He will be destroyed along with all Anti-Christs and anti-gospel worshippers not raptured upon Christ's return.

Hey, sorry, i'm responding to your message because you seem to be the only person that cares on this website. Did you see the past four comments?

There is something weird going on here, why are those types of people existing outside The Kingdom if we are talking about the Afterlife? It's because it's right now ...that's why. Yes, there will be an Afterlife ...but none of this goofy 1000 year business.

Rev 22:14-15 ESV
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.

Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

Reactions: GEN2REV

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, sorry, i'm responding to your message because you seem to be the only person that cares on this website. Did you see the past four comments?

There is something weird going on here, why are those types of people existing outside The Kingdom if we are talking about the Afterlife? It's because it's right now ...that's why. Yes, there will be an Afterlife ...but none of this goofy 1000 year business.

Rev 22:14-15 ESV
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.

Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
Those who are serious about a believers' afterlife with Christ must already be part of the Kingdom today. When Christ returns there will be the new afterlife, in the new heavens and new earth, not as you said, for another 1000 years of earthly Kingdom established. That is not the after life spoken of in scripture.

So believers who consider that the Kingdom has not arrived yet, and only when Christ returns, with a new 1000 years of reign, well what kind of afterlife are they speaking about? That some with be immortal in the old and not new heavens, and some on a refurbished physical earth and not a new earth? Its gets quite messy....

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham saw JESUS' Kingdom:
[John 8:56 KJV]
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"For thine IS the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."
Matthew 6:13

Jesus' own words in teaching how to pray to the Father. KJV

For anybody who is truly Sola Scriptura, this is the final word on the matter.

Most only accept Scripture's plain teaching today IF it fits into their modern translations, word definitions, fabricated histories and revisions.

Because this verse is so definitive on the matter, it has been removed and silenced with ridicule and belittling of any and all who even consider it to be Scripture.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For thine IS the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."
Matthew 6:13

Jesus' own words in teaching how to pray to the Father. KJV

For anybody who is truly Sola Scriptura, this is the final word on the matter.

YOU are being very funny!!! as if YOU determine the absoluteness of God's written Word!!!

If you truly... knew God's Word, then you would have known that God's and thus Christ's Kingdom has NEVER actually ceased, not even by Satan's original rebellion in the old world! You would have then understood why Jesus said His Kingdom is NOT... of this world, meaning this PRESENT world time...

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence.

KJV

You have obviously got a whole... lot more Bible studying to do, before you try to sound off with absolutes that actually FIT God's written Word!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU are being very funny!!! as if YOU determine the absoluteness of God's written Word!!!

If you truly... knew God's Word, then you would have known that God's and thus Christ's Kingdom has NEVER actually ceased, not even by Satan's original rebellion in the old world! You would have then understood why Jesus said His Kingdom is NOT... of this world, meaning this PRESENT world time...

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence.

KJV

You have obviously got a whole... lot more Bible studying to do, before you try to sound off with absolutes that actually FIT God's written Word!
Nokay.

Here's some more:
"...theirs IS the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:3
Not 'will be'. Not 'might be.'
IS ... NOW - present tense
"...theirs IS the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:10
Not 'will be.' Not 'might be.'
"...Jerusalem ... IS the city of the great King."
Matthew 5:35
Not 'will be.' Not 'might be.'
Jesus is the Great King NOW.
"...seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God, ..."
Matthew 6:33
How can we make our number one priority to actively seek something that does not yet exist?
The kingdom is NOW.

All liars claim that the most important aspects of Christianity are far away from us. That they already happened a long time ago and no longer matter. Or that they are far away in the future and not a concern right now.

The Pre-Trib rapture (lie) is not here yet so don't concern yourself. If you don't make it, you'll get a second chance in the Great Trib.

The Millennium reign of Christ and His kingdom (lie) is not here yet so don't concern yourself. If you don't make it in this life, you'll get a second chance in the Millennium.

The 10 Commandments are a thing of the distant past so don't concern yourself with those (lie). None of that is important at this point in time.

All lies of the enemy and his advocates.

"Blessed are they that do His Commandments (NOW), that they may have right to the Tree of Life (Jesus), and may enter in through the gates into the city (the kingdom).

For without are dogs (Christians who return to their sins), and sorcerers, and whoremongers (adulterers), and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."
Revelation 22:14-15

These are all outside the kingdom NOW.

Last edited: