If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that a charitable request or command that God advised you to speak? Do you have all of God's answers for each of us? I certainly do not, so I continue listen to His voice so I will know what my next step is to be! Are you not also listening to Him?

Is that a charitable request or command that God advised you to speak? Do you have all of God's answers for each of us? I certainly do not, so I continue listen to His voice so I will know what my next step is to be! Are you not also listening to Him?

"""If""" we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. — 1 John 1:9

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it was NOT and I removed my reply... because I have no desire to argue. I did apologize for making a post on this thread.
I think sometimes rather than removing our post people would rather have us simply change to their way of thinking. But remaining silent is often the best thing in the eyes of God. God alone gives the "increase" to person who needs and wants to change. Some people are absolutely certainly that they are on the Lord's side. Where is that? God knows, so let us listen to His voice and speaks when He wants to speak and say what He wants us to say:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

"And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.
Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:12-14

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:3-4

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"""If""" we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. — 1 John 1:9
Yes, we should confess to God when we have gone against Him. From whence comes the conviction to do so?
Give God the glory!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think sometimes rather than removing our post people would rather have us simply change to their way of thinking to theirs. But remaining silent is often the best thing in the eyes of God. God alone gives the "increase" to person who needs and wants to change. Some people are absolutely certainly that they are on the Lord's side. Where is that? God knows, so let us listen to His voice and speaks when He wants to speak and say what He wants us to say:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

"And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.
Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly." Matt 27:12-14

"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:3-4

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What beautiful words and you have shown me Grace... I saw that you read my letter to Justadude, which means you know where I stand on this
issue, and so coming into this thread was an absolute FAUX PAS for me, and of that I am sorry. Thank you for your kindness.

Somehow my quote got separated from my comments... so sorry... I just joined here yesterday, and am having a difficult time with the quote feature.
@amadeus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What will you leave your children??? The curse of Sickness, poverty and no gifts and blessings??

Peter (said) to them, "Repent and be baptized,
every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit.

For the promise is made to you and to your children and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call."

Peace!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What beautiful words and you have shown me Grace... I saw that you read my letter to Justadude, which means you know where I stand on this
issue, and so coming into this thread was an absolute FAUX PAS for me, and of that I am sorry. Thank you for your kindness.

Somehow my quote got separated from my comments... so sorry... I just joined here yesterday, and am having a difficult time with the quote feature.
@amadeus
No problem sister. It is good to have you here. There are lots of posters on every subject under the sun on this forum. I seldom read more than a fraction of them and respond to even fewer. I have learned how to skim through them so as not too waste too much time on something I don't want to read or answer. I don't have the patience and endurance I once had. A lot of it is quite repetitious and there are some who don't mind calling people names although the moderators have improved lately about allowing much of that.

When you want to quote and reply to someone's post, first press the quote button and the reply button both located at the the lower right hand corner of the post. That will put you in a reply window with the person's words quoted immediately above where you are to type. Then be sure to stay outside the brackets [ ] when you type your reply. When you have finished typing your reply then hit the Post Reply button.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@amadeus

Welcome @Adoration
Like yourself, I too should have not gotten into this thread. You seem to have a kind and gentle spirit about you. I am looking forward to getting to know more of where you stand, you have wonderful humility. Not trying to puff you up...it's just a feeling in my spirit :)
BTW-Amadeus is a sweet soul, love him.
In Him,
Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi Mark,
I've heard that the real trans of "mansions" is rooms... :)
yeh, even that suggests a literal place?
Strong's Greek: 3438. μονή (moné) -- an abiding, an abode
"3438 monḗ (from 3306 /ménō, "to remain, abide") – an abiding dwelling-place (i.e. not transitory). 3438 /monḗ ("an individual dwelling") is only used twice in the NT (both times by Christ)." so i mean "mansions" i dunno, sounds to me like some prosperity yack tbh

im thinkin a thread on "Scribes" might be a god idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So a few questions for you all. Does Jesus save the rich, if they believe in Him according to John 3:16?

As Christians are we all supposed to live in poverty? Or are we meant to give to those living in poverty, that we may be a light for the world, and that they may get out of poverty and have a better life?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a few questions for you all. Does Jesus save the rich, if they believe in Him according to John 3:16?

As Christians are we all supposed to live in poverty? Or are we meant to give to those living in poverty, that we may be a light for the world, and that they may get out of poverty and have a better life?

IMHO Josho...the rich are you and I. Even the poorest in our (US) country are richer than the huge majority of the world so, yes, of course I believe the rich can be saved. God looks at how we use His blessings, are we good stewards of HIS money and resources?
I do believe He will bless those who bless others in one way or another. And, when we bless others out of obedience, and desire, to bless our bro's and sissy's (as well as the lost :D...He is pleased and it grows us, I believe.
:)

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I apologized for making a comment on this thread... This is tender topic for me... so I should have simply respected this debate as something I should NOT participate in... therefore, I will not answer this question... but I do have one for you @Josho... What is a millennial Christian?

@Josho Do I get to learn what a millennium Christian is? It was an honest question. I have never heard this term before.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho Do I get to learn what a millennium Christian is? It was an honest question. I have never heard this term before.

Oh sorry haha, the Millenial generation is being born in between the years 1980-1995, and some at 1981 - 1996, both are an acceptable range, but someone being born in 1980 might be considered a Gen X, Wikipedia has it at 1981-1996.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This question, I will answer, now that the fire has died down. Yesterday you asked me what is the difference between Jessie being rich and Trump being rich. I guess in all fairness, I need to answer this also, but I do not desire to enter into the hateful commentary that was seen yesterday.

The difference is that Trump earned his own money, and is not using the name of CHRIST to get rich by making FALSE promises. That is my answer, and I wish it was on another thread as I seriously will not engage in debate, which is why I apologized for posting in the first place.

So... my thoughts on poverty... It is NOT a curse like many of the prosperity teachers will state. I live very richly... but I am considered as one who lives in poverty because I am on a disability pension. I am happy to live in this state... my life is very simple. I do not have a television or even a phone... I only have this Chrome book laptop... which I use to communicate with my daughter and friends who live in a different city than me.

There is nothing wrong with being rich.. although there is a comment made in the bible referring to how difficult it is for a rich man to get to heaven. I believe this is generally talking about a rich man who is NOT a Christian. I had a pastor who was a converted jew and he was rich... he and one other brother inherited property worth over 200 million dollars when their father died. He started a church, and sold all the property. He never took a wage for his work as a pastor. And so... there is proof right there that it is not a sin... or even wrong to have money. Just all depends how you earned it. That is my humble opinion.

Please forgive the back and forth on my writing style. I had high hopes to learn how to write properly... and with proper punctuation... but I have used dots ..... for so many years to separate my thoughts... it's impossible to change now... and I don't have the patience to go back and erase all the dots. So... back to my thoughts and dots... HA

I made a typo... I said 2 million... I changed it to 200 million.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh sorry haha, the Millenial generation is being born in between the years 1980-1995, and some at 1981 - 1996, both are an acceptable range, but someone being born in 1980 might be considered a Gen X, Wikipedia has it at 1981-1996.

I get it... I figured that was what it was... I didn't want to miss out on extra WISDOM you might have or something... LOL

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This question, I will answer, now that the fire has died down. Yesterday you asked me what is the difference between Jessie being rich and Trump being rich. I guess in all fairness, I need to answer this also, but I do not desire to enter into the hateful commentary that was seen yesterday.

The difference is that Trump earned his own money, and is not using the name of CHRIST to get rich by making FALSE promises. That is my answer, and I wish it was on another thread as I seriously will not engage in debate, which is why I apologized for posting in the first place.

So... my thoughts on poverty... It is NOT a curse like many of the prosperity teachers will state. I live very richly... but I am considered as one who lives in poverty because I am on a disability pension. I am happy to live in this state... my life is very simple. I do not have a television or even a phone... I only have this Chrome book laptop... which I use to communicate with my daughter and friends who live in a different city than me.

There is nothing wrong with being rich.. although there is a comment made in the bible referring to how difficult it is for a rich man to get to heaven. I believe this is generally talking about a rich man who is NOT a Christian. I had a pastor who was a converted jew and he was rich... he and one other brother inherited property worth over 2 million dollars when their father died. He started a church, and sold all the property. He never took a wage for his work as a pastor. And so... there is proof right there that it is not a sin... or even wrong to have money. Just all depends how you earned it. That is my humble opinion.

Please forgive the back and forth on my writing style. I had high hopes to learn how to write properly... and with proper punctuation... but I have used dots ..... for so many years to separate my thoughts... it's impossible to change now... and I don't have the patience to go back and erase all the dots. So... back to my thoughts and dots... HA

Hmm thanks for your reply, in all fairness though there were some who were pretty rich in the Bible who followed the Lord, and may have even been as rich as Jesse Duplantis by today's standards.

Andrew Forrest is a rich billionaire Christian in Australia, he is a businessman though, but he is also known to be pretty generous.

I am not sure how generous Duplantis is, but he must have been pretty generous to buy a $54 million dollar private jet, if you think about the 12,000+ workers at Dessault aviation and whoever else may have been involved in making and designing Dessault aircraft. Private jets aren't cheap, and there are ones way more expensive than Jesse's $54 million Dessault 7x, the Airbus 380 costs $500 million. I guess that is just my businessman point of view though, the Dessault factory is in France, probably means people are paid well, and by doing business with a company like them, you are helping many people make a living.

In response to a wave of criticism, Duplantis stated on his ministry website, "I'm not asking you to pay for my plane, I'm asking you to pray for my plane."

Of course though we do not know whether if God wanted him to buy that jet or not. That's between Jesse Duplantis and God.

And Tele-evangelists usually are targets for the media to attack, since tele-evangelism can be pretty expensive, I have heard though Joel Osteen makes his money out of his book sales, I think Joel Osteen has even been a top selling author before, as for Kenneth Copeland's Ministry, I know they do help out plenty of people.

As for Trump, that probably needs a different thread.

But when it comes to guys that prosperous, we do hear of people giving away a house out of their own generosity and cars out of their own generosity. I have been watching some Mr. Beast videos lately, who is a young-youtuber who seems like a ridiculously rich young guy, he gave a pizza delivery man a new house, fully furnished and some other things, he also bought something like 10 or 20 cars from a car yard and started up his own car yard temporarily and pretty much gave them all away for nothing or nearly nothing, haha he even paid someone to buy a car, he also paid for a tonne of groceries for a charity.

So the bottom line is I guess it can be used to help out those who are in need.

Jesse Duplantis's private jet?

It can be used to spread the gospel around the world. He is a faith preacher. And I believe in the word of Faith, the word of Faith in the name of Jesus is very powerful. As the Bible says faith can move a mountain.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Josho and the moral of the story is.... I should NEVER have even come near this thread... LOL
It doesn't matter what I think or believe. Blessings on you!

Reactions: amadeus and Josho