If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why be a silly "nit-picker" Just believe God's Word and live!

Is that what you want from the Creator of The Universe? Trinkets and nice shiny new cars, bauble that will rust and fade away. all of them. We are to store riches up "in heaven, not on this earth.
I am NOT a "silly nitpicker", I just happen to be grateful for every breath I take, every step I take and every single morsel of food and drink He gives. It is what we "need" not all these worldly desires you seem to have. Do you think that all of us on here just latch on one single (erroneous) doctrine and continue to spout this stuff over and over again. Do you ever actually look into the other scriptures because, you have done nothing but spew this name it claim it, blab it grab it mentality. Oh yeah, and the RAPTURE!!!!! <----- What if you are wrong on the timing of the "rapture"? All those people you sold your doctrine on it just might come to believe it and then what happens to all of those people YOU told would be whisked out of any and all persecution? Well, they will see that Jesus has NOT YET returned and figure, well they were wrong, let's go get that mark, these people are nuts!
You are putting so much stock in these two doctrines to the detriment of the IMPORTANT THINGS...ya do know, the bible has 66 books, right?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what you want from the Creator of The Universe? Trinkets and nice shiny new cars, bauble that will rust and fade away. all of them. We are to store riches up "in heaven, not on this earth.
I am NOT a "silly nitpicker", I just happen to be grateful for every breath I take, every step I take and every single morsel of food and drink He gives. It is what we "need" not all these worldly desires you seem to have. Do you think that all of us on here just latch on one single (erroneous) doctrine and continue to spout this stuff over and over again. Do you ever actually look into the other scriptures because, you have done nothing but spew this name it claim it, blab it grab it mentality. Oh yeah, and the RAPTURE!!!!! <----- What if you are wrong on the timing of the "rapture"? All those people you sold your doctrine on it just might come to believe it and then what happens to all of those people YOU told would be whisked out of any and all persecution? Well, they will see that Jesus has NOT YET returned and figure, well they were wrong, let's go get that mark, these people are nuts!
You are putting so much stock in these two doctrines to the detriment of the IMPORTANT THINGS...ya do know, the bible has 66 books, right?

I am happy to accept all the gifts and blessings God wants to give me!!!And you??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not my point at all....
We are not stupid, neither are we deaf , neither are we blind...we don't need Large, Bold, Big shouting posts... it is insulting .....as I say ...it makes him sound like he is angry at people for not agreeing with him...

Plus , you have it wrong...The MESSAGE of the bible is Jesus Christ, and Him crucified, not wealth and prosperity .

I always place the holy scriptures in bold type to distinguish them from the rest of my message. And then, I emphasize what is most important in those scriptures by putting that in large print. I do this for distinction and to make what I am saying clearer.

And I know very well that the message of the Bible is Jesus Christ and Him crucified; however, there are certain portions of it that speak on the subjects of health and prosperity; and I, for one, am not going to ignore those passages.

And it is not that I am seeking material wealth in my life either. I seek to obey commandments to give regardless of whether there will be any financial returns on it or not. I believe that the Lord often rewards those who give to the kingdom with spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3) rather then material ones.

As you seemed to notice later in your post, @GISMYS_7 often also speaks on the rapture of the church. Therefore I would think that his heart is not captivated by the material wealth that the Lord has provided him with; since the moment the rapture occurs, he is going to have to leave all of that behind.

I know that I once bought a plaque that has the message on it "Love one another as I have loved you." It is very nice; and I consider it to be a treasure in my home. Have I laid it up on earth and not in heaven? I believe that I have laid it up in both places; for my family sees that plaque and they are reminded of Jesus' command; and I believe that this will result in heavenly returns; so it is in fact a treasure laid up in heaven while it is also physically on the earth.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Proverbs 13:22

“A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.”

"22. The servant of God who is not anxious about riches, takes the best method of providing for his children. 23. The poor, yet industrious, thrive, though in a homely manner, while those who have great riches are often brought to poverty for want of judgment. 24. He acts as if he hated his child, who, by false indulgence, permits sinful habits to gather strength, which will bring sorrow here, and misery hereafter. 25. It is the misery of the wicked, that even their sensual appetites are always craving. The righteous feeds on the word and ordinances, to the satisfying of his soul with the promises of the gospel, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Bread of life."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kjv:
Pro 13:22, A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
Pro 13:23, Much food is in the tillage of the poor: but there is that is destroyed for want of judgment.
Pro 13:24, He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
Pro 13:25, The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want.

@Nancy, may I ask what translation you are using?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"22. The servant of God who is not anxious about riches, takes the best method of providing for his children. 23. The poor, yet industrious, thrive, though in a homely manner, while those who have great riches are often brought to poverty for want of judgment. 24. He acts as if he hated his child, who, by false indulgence, permits sinful habits to gather strength, which will bring sorrow here, and misery hereafter. 25. It is the misery of the wicked, that even their sensual appetites are always craving. The righteous feeds on the word and ordinances, to the satisfying of his soul with the promises of the gospel, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Bread of life."

What will you leave your children??? The curse of Sickness, poverty and no gifts and blessings??

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will you leave your children??? The curse of Sickness, poverty and no gifts and blessings??

God heals if and when He wishes, God gives ALL gifts and blessings. Poverty will always be with us and if you raise your children properly, they will then know themselves how to work for their own money.
Our Great Provider only asks for our faith in these carnal matters, and He comes through EVERY TIME.
Sometimes you sound like a kid on Christmas morning afraid if they get up and go to the tree that, there might not be any (or enough) gifts for YOU. God NEVER promised good health, never. And PLEASE do not give me the "we are healed by His stripes" verse...He died for our sins, not our carnal appetites. My mother was a wonderful kind Christian woman, she passed at the age of 59...we all prayed, and prayed and hoped and hoped...even read that verse. God took her anyway, why? When she prayed, she prayed for strength, faith, courage to be able to pay that months bills. We never were without all that we NEEDED and we were content so, if all you can talk about on here are riches or the rapture, I think we are pretty much done here.
God bless and guide you.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 67:2, That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.

Exo 23:25, And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Paul says, "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities" (1 Tim 5:23)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says, "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities" (1 Tim 5:23)
Of course. The medicinal use of wine would contribute as a healing factor.

No contradiction whatsoever.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WOW... a video of the very man who asked people to pay for a new jet. ( I will not watch any such filth )... When I hear of these preachers who have perverted the GOSPEL, for the sake of greed and lusts of the flesh, I TREMBLE. These false preachers are apostates, charlatans, liars, deceivers and they are very far from the heart of Christ. A very scary place to be.

Reactions: Giuliano and Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What's the difference between Donald Trump's wealth and Jesse Duplantis's wealth?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW... a video of the very man who asked people to pay for a new jet. ( I will not watch any such filth )... When I hear of these preachers who have perverted the GOSPEL, for the sake of greed and lusts of the flesh, I TREMBLE. These false preachers are apostates, charlatans, liars, deceivers and they are very far from the heart of Christ. A very scary place to be.

God says He hates a false witness!! Jesse does not ask people to pay for a jet, Jesse asks people to believe with him for the new jet God says he will soon have!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh my goodness... I should not have made a comment on this thread... Please forgive me.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's the difference between Donald Trump's wealth and Jesse Duplantis's wealth?

I apologized for making a comment on this thread... This is tender topic for me... so I should have simply respected this debate as something I should NOT participate in... therefore, I will not answer this question... but I do have one for you @Josho... What is a millennial Christian?

Reactions: Josho and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Confess and repent!!!
Is that a charitable request or command that God advised you to speak? Do you have all of God's answers for each of us? I certainly do not, so I continue listen to His voice so I will know what my next step is to be! Are you not also listening to Him?

Reactions: Nancy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is that a charitable request or command that God advised you to speak? Do you have all of God's answers for each of us? I certainly do not, so I continue listen to His voice so I will know what my next step is to be! Are you not also listening to Him?
No it was NOT and I removed my reply... because I have no desire to argue. I did apologize for making a post on this thread.