If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe!!! Ask and receive or do without=your choice!
Did he not just say he is NOT doing without?? No, he is saying that he is content with his provisions from The Lord, he isn't poor! He is sure richer than you in spiritual things. Is the below scripture not in your bible??! So, what DOES the below verse say to you?

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness."
1 Timothy 6:6-11

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Nancy, post: 785071, member: 7830"]Did he not just say he is NOT doing without?? No, he is saying that he is content with his provisions from The Lord, he isn't poor! He is sure richer than you in spiritual things. Is the below scripture not in your bible??! So, what DOES the below verse say to you?

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness."
1 Timothy 6:6-11[/QUOTE
----------------------------------------
Thanks and heads up. Don't expect an easy job, or that they will change -
The poster has his own website I think, and has continually posted the false gospel for years - not accepting correction or truth from Jesus, from God's Word, or from anyone on the forums....

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="Nancy, post: 785071, member: 7830"]Did he not just say he is NOT doing without?? No, he is saying that he is content with his provisions from The Lord, he isn't poor! He is sure richer than you in spiritual things. Is the below scripture not in your bible??! So, what DOES the below verse say to you?

1 Timothy 6:6-11[/QUOTE
----------------------------------------
Thanks and heads up. Don't expect an easy job, or that they will change -
The poster has his own website I think, and has continually posted the false gospel for years - not accepting correction or truth from Jesus, from God's Word, or from anyone on the forums....

Agreed Joseph, he hears nothing but himself spouting false doctrine. Man, he must have quite a lack of discernment and has been taught by some sheister. Seems the only things, and I mean ONLY, that he posts about is prosperity and the "rapture"...never has any kind of dialog with anyone on here.
We can post and post truth from God's word but, he seems to ignore all of them.
Oh well, sigh... :(

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can post and post truth from God's word but, he seems to ignore all of them.
Oh well, sigh...
Yes, a lot of posts and threads - hundreds or thousands of them, are like that and from un-known problems at the source -
whether spiritual or mental or physical, moral or economic or political, coerced, shared (a group posting their ideas in one username) , with or without changes in mental clarity, (things as simple as blood sugar changes can greatly affect someones speech, posts, wording and grammar... even police authorities have mixed up diabetes conditions with drunkeness) ...
and those things go on and on and on and on and on for decades now.... in most forums online... and some churches that don't know what to do , or choose not to do what is right as Scripture says.....

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did he not just say he is NOT doing without?? No, he is saying that he is content with his provisions from The Lord, he isn't poor! He is sure richer than you in spiritual things. Is the below scripture not in your bible??! So, what DOES the below verse say to you?

1 Timothy 6:6-11
JUDGING PROBLEM?? Again! Jesus says<"judge not lest you be judged"!! your choice!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Says Ekklesia must judge ourselves in order not to be judged later.
The false teachings brought are to be judged and exposed.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Says Ekklesia must judge ourselves in order not to be judged later.
The false teachings brought are to be judged and exposed.
LOL!! Many don't know false teaching when they hear it they just mock and scoff and bear false witness!!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The quicking baptism of the Holy Spirit in a man, in part is spiritually receiving the Word of God in their heart:

2 Cor 3:
[3] Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Where the Word of God IS: IS prosperity...

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

If the Lord Gods Word has been Sent to you, is IN and With you...God says His Word shall prosper you.

Hope that answers your question.

Glory to God,
Taken

But the idea of prosperity the OP is talking about is in regard to material wealth, not God's idea of prosperity of the success of His Word going forth and being fulfilled.

Those following the 'prosperity' preachers are deceived. But go ahead, they need more private jets and swimming pools! help 'em out! Trying to link material prosperity with Christ's Salvation is a SIN!

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the idea of prosperity the OP is talking about is in regard to material wealth, not God's idea of prosperity of the success of His Word going forth and being fulfilled.

Those following the 'prosperity' preachers are deceived. But go ahead, they need more private jets and swimming pools! help 'em out! Trying to link material prosperity with Christ's Salvation is a SIN!
Yes, it is sin, it is the false gospel, the so-called prosperity gospel, exposed as a fraud long ago, and frequently.
Still followed by multitudes , blind leading blind, and both FALLING INTO THE PIT. They are warned what will happen >>>

"Proverbs 28:20 - Bible Gateway
www . biblegateway.com/verse/en/Proverbs 28:20
A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished. EXB A ·truthful [reliable] person will have many blessings, but

those ·eager to get rich will be punished."

=================
1 Timothy 6:9 Those who want to be rich, however, fall ...
biblehub . com/1_timothy/6-9.htm
But people who want to get rich keep falling into temptation. They are trapped by many stupid and harmful desires which drown them in destruction and ruin. New American Standard 1977

"But those who want to get rich
fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.
King James 2000 Bible"

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good grief man, back off.
I said nothing about money or possessions.

You don't need to explain to me what the Scriptures I posted mean....and then make some snarky remark that has not one iota to do with anything I posted.

The OP is about Prosperity...
I posted about the prosperity of Gods Word.

Glory to God,
Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief man, back off.
I said nothing about money or possessions.

You don't need to explain to me what the Scriptures I posted mean....and then make some snarky remark that has not one iota to do with anything I posted.

The OP is about Prosperity...
I posted about the prosperity of Gods Word.

Glory to God,
Taken

Isaiah 55:11, which YOU quoted, but did not show the difference with how God was using the idea of prosper there, was misleading. That is why I noted it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misleading how?

Really? You can't read your own words and understand how in relation to the 'prosperity gospel' the OP was preaching compares?

You said:
Where the Word of God IS: IS prosperity...

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

If the Lord Gods Word has been Sent to you, is IN and With you...God says His Word shall prosper you.

In that, the meaning is that GOD'S WORD WILL PROSPER, with IT going forward to accomplish its task, NOT that WE shall prosper in material wealth, etc.! Your idea that His Word "will prosper you", using prosper as a verb, is NOT what that Isaiah Scripture means!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? You can't read your own words and understand how in relation to the 'prosperity gospel' the OP was preaching compares?

You said:

In that, the meaning is that GOD'S WORD WILL PROSPER, with IT going forward to accomplish its task, NOT that WE shall prosper in material wealth, etc.! Your idea that His Word "will prosper you", using prosper as a verb, is NOT what that Isaiah Scripture means!

Eh - half correct.
Finish reading...
Gods WORD...prospers...
"IN the thing to where he sends "IT".

IT is Gods Word.
IT (Gods Word) prospers "IN" a "THING" that God SENDS "IT"...HIS WORD.

You appear to be unknowing of WHAT the "THING" IS God Sends HIS Word To.

You appear to require further information of Where God Does NOT Send His Word.

You appear to be saying, What IS Scripturally Said and Quoted, is NOT good enough, to Proclaim WHAT "IS"...
without ALSO proclaiming What IS "NOT".

If you had any incling toward understanding Legal Principles...you would know.
There is such a thing Called Postitve and Negative Law.
Positive Law...IS what IS...it doesn't require a list of What IS'NT.
What IS IS sufficient. What IS'NT is already Excluded, Because it Was NOT Included!

Statesmen, founding fathers of America structure Laws on Bible principles of what IS, being sufficient.
(Politicians jump through hoops to undermine those Principles).

It was NOT necessary for me to SAY....oh by the way....the "THING" Gods Sends HIS WORD TO ... TO prosper...
Is NOT your wallet!
Is NOT your piggy Bank!
Is NOT your credit Lender!
Is NOT your Stock Broker!
Is NOT your Local place you like to shop!
Is NOT your Travel Agent!
Etc., Etc., Etc.

Jesus put it in Simple Terms...
Do what He Says...
(Don't concern yourself with what IS NOT said).

I said NOTHING about...airplanes, material wealth and the other irrelevant junk "you mentioned."

IF you do not KNOW WHAT "THING" God Sent HIS Word TO ...that HIS WORD shall Prosper IN that "THING"...then say so.
I did not bring up Material crap...You did.

Don't make up a load of crap and IMPLY I am Saying or Doing that crap.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.
^ OP

I get the Point.
Some are focused on "prosperity" of wealth gain...and reject that "Specific" notion.

It's more Complex than that.

The Teaching Begins with God...
* anyone can connive, trick, Deceive, and gain "an Others wealth" by stealing, tricking, lying, cheating....and BE perfectly Content with their gains AND HOW they Received them.

Gods Teaching Begins With Gods Truth.
For the PAST 2,000+ years...Gods Spirit of Truth has Been Present ON Earth...readily Available and Offering His Truth TO ANY man who desires To Receive His Truth.

Any man WHO has freely heartfully Chosen TO Accept Gods Offering...of HIS Truth...Becomes A Recipent OF Gods Truth.
That Offering, that Giving and THAT Receiving establishes an Exclusive Unbreakable BOND between THAT individual AND God.

The WORD of God is Planted IN that man's spirit in his Heart....
What that man speaks forth out of His mouth "ABOUT GOD" is ONLY Glorifying to Gods Great Name.

This is Not NEWS. Men in the OT did that. Men in the NT did that. Preachers Today Do that.

Gods Word of Truth, planted IN in a man's "spirit" "is" Gods Spiritual Prosperity Planted in that man's "spirit". When that man speaks About God that Glorifies God... Spiritual Prospering of Gods Word is Being Effected.

Some people...(who HAVE accepted Gods Offering) Elaborate constantly Speaking forth out of their Mouths Glorifying God.)

It is NOT Secret...God Blesses those Who Glorify Him.

Scripture notifies you...God "knows" your needs.
If you are A Preacher Glorifying God and desire a bigger Building or Transportation or louder microphone or TV communications To Expand Gods Word to More Ears...devising a method to Relieve The congregation of Debt...etc. He Blesses men with the Means.

I don't care for some "delivery style" of some Preachers. So what? I don't have to like everything about every person.

But I can review History and Observe HOW God "materially" prospered men (faithful TO God) with needs TO Proclain Gods Glory to the ears of men.

Abraham...(Faithful to God, in position of Leadership Over Others) given Abundant Material Wealth...

David...the same.

Many pastors have been blessed with "material" wealth...have built huge Churches...Some have sponsored missionaries...built Satellite stations...traveled and held Revivals.

I don't fault them for Expanding, Increasing, Enjoying their Blessings. I don't care how many They employ, What it costs to operate their church, missionaries, travel, or what They spend on, etc. (That is the Business of the members and partners) If they are Teaching men Gods Offering and How to Accept Gods Offering and Glorify God...
"THAT" is what matters...and Bravo for their success.
And IF the listeners and Accepters Carry on Glorifying God to Others and Gods Blesses THEM with financial means to accomplish their Works...Bravo Again!

IF an outsider, does not listen to the Teaching To Glorify God...and Gods Blessings to meet needs to Glorify Him...but simply "peers" in... and Judges, what a fraud, "Preaching get rich with Jesus"...they will be Judged according to ALSO the "half-Truth".

THAT is not saying Every Preacher IS on the UP and UP.
THAT is saying BE Armed with the Whole Truth, before determining a judging.

The OP, is from a person, WHO HAS listened to a Particular Preacher.
I have heard the Same Preacher...don't care for his delivery style...but have heard him speak to Teaching The Lord First, Receiving Gods Word, Glorifying God, being A spokesman OF Gods Word enriches a man's Life, and accrediting God for His Blessing and means to Carry forth Gods Word to the ears of men, who can Also be Blessed with His Word and His means.

Just saying- Get the Whole of the Facts, before you judge.
God HAS Promised His Word Shall Prosper in a Man's spirit.
God gives Blessing to those who Glorify Him.

God gave Abraham an Incredible Promise:

Gen 12:
[2] And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
[3] And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

And to the Gentiles Specific:

Rom 15:
[
9] And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written...

God Gives HIS Glory TO No one.
Men are Glorified BY the "Reflection" of Gods Glory upon them.

BE Glad for men whose Glory of God reflects upon them.

Glory to God,
Taken

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey did you guys know, Kenneth Copeland's conferences are free entry.

The Hillsong conference at Sydney last year costed something like $300 Aud per adult, but Copeland's conference in Brisbane was free entry.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And did you know Joel Osteen sold more than 100 million copies of the book "Your Best Life Now in 2004"

And

Kenneth Copeland has gas and oil wells, I think he also has a partnership with a Cattle company.

Wow, so many people judging word of faith preachers. ;)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Jese Duplantis has a huge amount of stocks bought with money from land and book sales and yet he gives big timeto God's wors and the poor and we see how he is blessed===give and it will be given back to you overflowing!!! PTL.

Reactions: Josho

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do not think any Christian should take the likes of Duplantis, Copeland, Osteen, at their word when daring to think to tell Christians what they won't like about Heaven if we don't follow their heresies.

We have to remember that materialism, being a servant for gain or riches, is the domain of the worldly, or, Satan. Remember how Satan tempted Emmanuel Christ when he was in the Desert? Satan saying to Christ, "If you....I will...." The Temptation of Jesus - Bible Story, Verses and Meaning

That's the doctrine of prosperity. The worldly news from Satan himself. And how do we know this? Really? You know this without a doubt when the PG, or any Doctrine for that matter, is the example of any one of the 7 deadly sins.

The Prosperity Gospel is that.

Prosperity Gospel speakers won't like Hell much.
@RainAndIceCream Well-stated. We do indeed need to make sure that the Gospel being presented is truly Scriptural.