If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you believe for???
“All all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”

Matthew 21:22

“Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.”

Mark 9:23

“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”

Mark 11:24

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.”

John 14:12-14

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
great video of creflo dollar and leroy thompson running through and dancing on piles of money. i think its interesting that there are plenty of bankers, financiers, industrialist, etc that have just as much money, but you dont see them get a crowd of people together so they can show off their wealth by literally dancing on the money in front of them. these guys really love money.
you can skip to 2:05 where they start dancing on the money, really funny, funny and sad.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not ask you to pay for a jet=I tell you to believe for a jet!!!!

Yeah. Believe that poor Christians will make themselves more poor so you can have a jet.
It is harder for a rich man to enter Heaven than it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. If you are a rich man, Jesus said, "Go, give all your riches away. Then, come and follow me." Have you given it all away? No. Because you don't trust Jesus to supply you with your needs. By the way, 99% of us Christians cannot and do not trust Christ enough to follow His words.

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. Believe that poor Christians will make themselves more poor so you can have a jet.
It is harder for a rich man to enter Heaven than it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. If you are a rich man, Jesus said, "Go, give all your riches away. Then, come and follow me." Have you given it all away? No. Because you don't trust Jesus to supply you with your needs. By the way, 99% of us Christians cannot and do not trust Christ enough to follow His words.

Yes!!! Many choose to stay sick and poor then try to blame God!!! and you??

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Many choose to stay sick and poor then try to blame God!!! and you??
And then there are some who are so willing to please God they simply give it all back to Him!

"And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living." Mark 12:42-44

Will God reward a person who gives to Him with an attitude like that poor widow? Certainly, but what we should expect is what Jesus expected when he asked of his Father here:

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

We need to learn to ask God for what God wishes to give us rather than whatever it is that we may believe we want or need.

Give God the glory!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then there are some who are so willing to please God they simply give it all back to Him!

"And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living." Mark 12:42-44

Will God reward a person who gives to Him with an attitude like that poor widow? Certainly, but what we should expect is what Jesus expected when he asked of his Father here:

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

We need to learn to ask God for what God wishes to give us rather than whatever it is that we may believe we want or need.

Give God the glory!

We can choose to accept the blessings and gifts God wants to give us or reject and live in ignorance of what God wants for His family!!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we talking about worldy prosperity or spiritual prosperity??
I have reread this thread like 3 times and it sounds like people are advocating for mammon rather than God..

I could be wrong..
Just saying..
HUGS

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wants to bless His family with health, healing, prosperity, protection gifts and blessings our choice is to believe, accept or reject. and you??

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wants to bless His family with health, healing, prosperity, protection gifts and blessings our choice is to believe, accept or reject. and you??
Let's see, hmmm

My health is abominable, but I'm breathing. And I'm HAPPY :)
I live on SS and Snap. so I get around $600 a month, but my bills are paid and I eat well.
Protection and blessings.. God helps me to see things like ungodly counsel and blesses me by stearing me away from unfruitful gifts.
And I believe and have faith that if I have need of anything, he will provide it for me.
Says so in the Bible..

Mat 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
Mat 6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I accept God's promises as written :)

HUGS

Sometimes smiley's appear all by themselves with punctuation.
I edited one in verse 32..
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God tells believers
what He wants for them that believe and accept!
3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalm 112:1 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

Psalm 112:2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

Psalm 112:4 Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

Psalm 112:5 A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

Psalm 112:6 Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

Psalm 112:8 His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.

Psalm 112:9 He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.

Psalm 112:10 The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pro 8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
Pro 8:11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pro 8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
Pro 8:11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

It was God that made Solomon the richest man ever on earth do you think Solomon should have chosen to refuse and reject the gifts of God??

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ch 1:11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2Ch 1:12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

Reactions: amadeus

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anyone who studies the bible and is born again knows the bible teaches of the traps and snares of desiring wealth. and teaches to be content.
the bible teaches we mature spiritually when tribulation happens. The bible teaches to deny one self, NOT TO INDULGE one self. the wealth and prosperity gospel is from the pits of hell.

contentment is Godliness

1 Timothy 6:6
Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Philippians 4:11
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

Luke 12:15
And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

and then we have Jesus letter to the church that thought they were good to go because they had all the earthly worldly possesions, but yet they spiritual blind and luke warm they were wretched because of their worldly wealth

Revelation 3:14-22
“And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

Riches bring temptation and snares, we are in end times brother evil is around every corner our faith will be tested soon, will you consider it a joy to suffer for CHrist, and loose everything you have for your faith????

Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Luke 12:15
And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.

edit - dave already posted this one. i like his summery so im gonna write the same thing again in my own words.

the more possessions you have the more you are focused on the possessions and not on the way of Christ.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ch 1:11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2Ch 1:12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

Soloman did not reject the gifts and blessings from God!!! and you??

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's like asking me if I'm in a sinking boat and God sends the coastguard, would I just wave them on?

I don't know what your getting at.
Speak plainly
HUGS

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Health and prosperity are blessings from God for those that accept them.
3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalm 112:1 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

Psalm 112:2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

Psalm 112:4 Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

Psalm 112:5 A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

Psalm 112:6 Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

Psalm 112:8 His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.

Psalm 112:9 He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.

Psalm 112:10 The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Health and prosperity are blessings from God for those that accept them.

Amen

I suppose prosperity is in the eye of the beholder.
And that may be where the communication gap lies.
I have no concern for earthly prosperity. I am content with whatever God puts on my plate.
But I won't seek out or ask for or pray for worldly prosperity, because it holds no long term benefits for my walk with God.
I will seek out and ask and pray for spiritual prosperity and gifts like wisdom, understanding, sound reasoning, etc,
because these enrich my relationship with God.

So what do you take away from these verses?
Do you believe David is speaking about worldly or spiritual prosperity?

Thank You
HUGS

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy