If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Many choose to stay sick and poor then try to blame God!!! and you??

Blame God!? Nothing happens that God has not allowed. God is responsible for everything that happens in this world. It is difficult to have to make the decisions that God must make (if a baby dies at birth, God has deemed it so). If I am sick, God has allowed it. If I am poor, God has allowed it. I do not invest in the stock market, and I give my clients breaks on their bills every day. I chose to deliberately not accumulate money (I fear God is saddened by me if I hoard money). And, I chose not to focus my energy on making money. I lack for nothing (though, many people of 'this world' may say I am financially poor). The fact that my legs still carry me makes me a rich man.

The question is, do you ignore certain scriptures so as to justify your hoarding of money? What about the rich man and the eye of the needle? What about Jesus' injunction to "give away all your belongings, then come and follow me"?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wants to bless His family with health, healing, prosperity, protection gifts and blessings our choice is to believe, accept or reject. and you??

This will be our inheritance in Heaven. But, not on Earth, not in 'this world'. The god of this world is Satan, and if your riches are in this world, you are inadvertently following Satan by amassing treasures in this world. We are advised to stack up treasures in Heaven, not on Earth. If a baby dies at birth, is that due to unbelief? If someone dies of cancer, is that due to unbelief? You will eventually die of some illness, is that due to your lack of belief? Eventually, your god will fail you because you will die, and your faith will be found to be lacking.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This will be our inheritance in Heaven. But, not on Earth, not in 'this world'. The god of this world is Satan, and if your riches are in this world, you are inadvertently following Satan by amassing treasures in this world. We are advised to stack up treasures in Heaven, not on Earth. If a baby dies at birth, is that due to unbelief? If someone dies of cancer, is that due to unbelief? You will eventually die of some illness, is that due to your lack of belief? Eventually, your god will fail you because you will die, and your faith will be found to be lacking.

Yes, and ya can't take it all with ya!

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just receive the gifts and blessings God wants to give His family??
God tells believers
what He wants for them that believe and accept!
3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalm 112:1 Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments.

Psalm 112:2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

Psalm 112:4 Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

Psalm 112:5 A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

Psalm 112:6 Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance.

Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

Psalm 112:8 His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.

Psalm 112:9 He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.

Psalm 112:10 The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can choose to accept the blessings and gifts God wants to give us or reject and live in ignorance of what God wants for His family!!
Do you presume to know what God wants to gives us and the means by which He will accomplish His purpose when we are surrendered to Him? Lots of people wanting hand outs from God instead wanting what God wants for them. Remember this?

"Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matt 6:9

We are the "earth" in which His will needs to be done... rather than the will we might choose for ourselves when we are directing ourselves by the ways of a man.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you presume to know what God wants to gives us and the means by which He will accomplish His purpose when we are surrendered to Him? Lots of people wanting hand outs from God instead wanting what God wants for them. Remember this?

We are the "earth" in which His will needs to be done... rather than the will we might choose for ourselves when we are directing ourselves by the ways of a man.
Amadeus,
I don't think they want to really listen. They don't want to answer questions..
So I'm walking away..
just sounds like they want to cause contention.
And I don't want to play that game.

God Bless You!
HUGS

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus,
I don't think they want to really listen. They don't want to answer questions..
So I'm walking away..
just sounds like they want to cause contention.
And I don't want to play that game.

God Bless You!
HUGS
Yes, as with some supposed atheists who come on here. Why do some people even bother? Does someone think they get 'brownie points' just for showing up and posting something? Of what would such points consist? A one way ticket to a place called heaven? Hmmmm?

I have been frustrated about it before, but then after a while I have come back again hoping that someone, maybe not even the writer of the OP, would be paying attention. Help us dear Lord!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Ch 1:11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2Ch 1:12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
Precisely! Solomon was given an additional blessing from God. He did not ask for it and he did not expect it. Some people, like Stephen, are simply taken from here early. This world of men on planet Earth can be hell, but sometimes God will bless us materially in it. If He does not, can we take it as Stephen did or as Apostle Paul did?

True prophets of God warned Paul that if he went to Jerusalem he would suffered greatly, but consider his response here:

"Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.
And when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done." Acts 21:13-14

Blessings! Stephen and Paul were blessed of God, but I do not believe for their flesh it was any bed of roses with no thorns:

"Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness." II Cor 11:23-27

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well done John! :D
Time to start seeking the Giver of true life rather than material things that He gives. Should we not be content no matter our circumstances?? Think I remember a scripture or two about this ;) I've never gone hungry, or been without clothes and shelter. Yeah, might have not had a big house and expensive cars and all the nice shiny objects this WORLD seeks, . God gives and God takes away...
Contentment?
Contentment in Godliness
5 "and constant friction between men of depraved mind who are devoid of the truth. These men regard godliness as a means of gain.
6Of course, godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, so we cannot carry anything out of it.…
Berean Study Bible ·
And yes my friend,
All the glory to God :)

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure Jesus is preparing your Lamborghini right now gizmo

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God's Word tells us what God wants for believers==3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word tells us what God wants for believers==3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Thank you for trying and actually providing another verse, but consider the whole loaf, the whole Word of God my friend in order to understand what God is saying to anyone and then be led, truly led by the Holy Spirit to where He leads you.

We are Not all walking exactly the same pathway at the same level. Some are babes still on milk and then not all are, or are to be, the same part of the Body of Christ as per I Cor. chapter 12. We do not get to choose our own position or part or calling. To do so as I see it would be to tempt God. He calls us and we choose to accept and He directs us to our proper place when and if we are prepared to take it. Of course we could direct ourselves, but we would certainly lose our way if we insisted on doing that.

I could provide a meaning for the verse you cited to line up with the whole loaf, but I will not for a reason you as a follower of Christ and a student of the Bible should already know for it is certainly written in the scriptures.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for trying and actually providing another verse, but consider the whole loaf, the whole Word of God my friend in order to understand what God is saying to anyone and then be led, truly led by the Holy Spirit to where He leads you.

We are Not all walking exactly the same pathway at the same level. Some are babes still on milk and then not all are, or are to be, the same part of the Body of Christ as per I Cor. chapter 12. We do not get to choose our own position or part or calling. To do so as I see it would be to tempt God. He calls us and we choose to accept and He directs us to our proper place when and if we are prepared to take it. Of course we could direct ourselves, but we would certainly lose our way if we insisted on doing that.

I could provide a meaning for the verse you cited to line up with the whole loaf, but I will not for a reason you as a follower of Christ and a student of the Bible should already know for it is certainly written in the scriptures.

Never be ashamed of the Word of God or His blessings and gifts. Thank Him!!!

Reactions: amadeus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rejoice in Him always and give God the glory!
3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.====Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever. Psalm 35:27 Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Yes!!! God wants to bless His family with health and prosperity but you are free to reject the gifts of God and live poor and sick= your choice!
I guess I'll just have to be like Solomon and not ask for those things in the first place as I do not want them. My wife and I had a beautiful large home once. It was what she had wanted and eventually I was able to get it for her. Then when she had it she soon realized she neither needed nor wanted it anymore... We gave away or sold all of excess furniture and moved into our comfortable little apartment where we will remain probably as long as we have time. Unlike Hezekiah we don't want more time than we have. The only thing we want now is to be more like Him. What more should a person want? You seemingly want more... so then go for it, but do not presume for others.

We have been married for 48 years. I am nearly 77 years old. There is really nothing else in this world of men that either of us want. I would not mind if this Covid 19 lockdown stopped, but prior to its beginning we already did not go out much except for an occasional restaurant meal. Now I pick it up and bring it home or they deliver. For entertainment my wife and I play our daily card and board games and/or watch a few old movies. You can keep all of the frills in excess of that. We are simply walking with God.

Give God the glory!

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'll just have to be like Solomon and not ask for those things in the first place as I do not want them. My wife and I had a beautiful large home once. It was what she had wanted and eventually I was able to get it for her. Then when she had it she soon realized she neither needed nor wanted it anymore... We gave away or sold all of excess furniture and moved into our comfortable little apartment where we will remain probably as long as we have time. Unlike Hezekiah we don't want more time than we have. The only thing we want now is to be more like Him. What more should a person want? You seemingly want more... so then go for it, but do not presume for others.

We have been married for 48 years. I am nearly 77 years old. There is really nothing else in this world of men that either of us want. I would not mind if this Covid 19 lockdown stopped, but prior to its beginning we already did not go out much except for an occasional restaurant meal. Now I pick it up and bring it home or they deliver. For entertainment my wife and I play our daily card and board games and/or watch a few old movies. You can keep all of the frills in excess of that. We are simply walking with God.

Give God the glory!

Yes!! I PTL. For good health, prosperity =zero debts and His protection against evil and harm. PTL.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! I PTL. For good health, prosperity =zero debts and His protection against evil and harm. PTL.
If we are following the Holy Spirit closely what will we lack? If, on the other hand, we are quenching the Holy Spirit, will we not be in trouble with God?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Set your affections above on Him . be content with whatever you have . Godliness with contentment is great gain .
Beware of covetousness for a mans LIFE consists not in the Abundance of what he possess.
Let all simply seek the LORD and if we lose all things we praise Him through it all
and if riches do increase , never set your heart upon them . And that means dont heap and steap them up .
Simply give to those who lack . Let the LORD and the brethren be our love .
Let any who has always give unto those who lack . And Let us live by every word of our Glorious KING .
Loving HIM above all , and your neighbor as yourself . And flee the prosperity gosple preaches . That is all bad news .
SEEK YE the TRUE PROSPERITY , THE RICHES INDEED that will not fade , SEEK YE THE GLORIOUS KING JESUS , HE IS OUR TREASURE
And praise the Lord daily .

Reactions: amadeus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Set your affections above on Him . be content with whatever you have . Godliness with contentment is great gain .
Beware of covetousness for a mans LIFE consists not in the Abundance of what he possess.
Let all simply seek the LORD and if we lose all things we praise Him through it all
and if riches do increase , never set your heart upon them . And that means dont heap and steap them up .
Let any who has always give unto those who lack . And Let us live by every word of our Glorious KING .
Loving HIM above all , and your neighbor as yourself . And flee the prosperity gosple preaches . That is all bad news .
SEEK YE the TRUE PROSPERITY , THE RICHES INDEED that will not fade , SEEK YE THE GLORIOUS KING JESUS , HE IS OUR TREASURE

Satan's deception is that Born-again believers should not seek to accept God's blessings of health and prosperity and it is good to be

Satan's deception is that Born-again believers should not seek to accept God's blessings of health and prosperity and it is good to live in poverty and sickness. WRONG!!