If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"""Above all"" 3John 1:2 Beloved, I wish """above all things """that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
If you have a roof over your head food on the table, clothes on your back and shoes on your feet, and most of all peace and love, that you are prospering, everything else is just the carnal world.

Reactions: Brakelite

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have a roof over your head food on the table, clothes on your back and shoes on your feet, and most of all peace and love, that you are prospering, everything else is just the carnal world.

It was God that choose to make and make Soloman the richest man to ever live. Soloman asked for wisdom not wealth but God choose to make Soloman the richest man ever as a blessing and gift not as a curse!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was God that choose to make and make Soloman the richest man to ever live. Soloman asked for wisdom not wealth but God choose to make Soloman the richest man ever as a blessing and gift not as a curse!
And all seem to be doing is seeking riches.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Solomon didn't send money to a Prosperity Gospel minister?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven. No single wide trailers there. God won't give you what you refuse to receive. Your power in in your saying and believing and God loves to bless His family!
You have GISMYS_7 what Paul says is another gospel....I will have no part of it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"prosperity" is not the gospel nor is it a gospel.

"Health and wealth" is not the gospel and neither is it a gospel.

However, these things are spoken of in the word of the Lord to a limited degree;

And teaching the reality of them at times when a teacher is in that place in God's word where the subject matter is being spoken of, as he moves through the Bible chapter by chapter and book by book, is not preaching a false gospel but being honest with the word of God; not denying the reality of these doctrines just because they have been spoken against by the director of the Christian Research Institute.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"prosperity" is not the gospel nor is it a gospel.

"Health and wealth" is not the gospel and neither is it a gospel.

However, these things are spoken of in the word of the Lord to a limited degree;

And teaching the reality of them at times when a teacher is in that place in God's word where the subject matter is being spoken of, as he moves through the Bible chapter by chapter and book by book, is not preaching a false gospel but being honest with the word of God; not denying the reality of these doctrines just because they have been spoken against by the director of the Christian Research Institute.

Those that plant no seed have NO harvest,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that this issue has been a cause for division in the body of Christ.

Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship is not an aberrant group.

However, they do touch on every aspect of God's word, including those places where prosperity is spoken of in promise by the Lord.

To deny these doctrines is to cut out with scissors from your Bible those verses that speak of the doctrines in question.

And you know what it says in Revelation 22:19 about that!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that this issue has been a cause for division in the body of Christ.

Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship is not an aberrant group.

However, they do touch on every aspect of God's word, including those places where prosperity is spoken of in promise by the Lord.

To deny these doctrines is to cut out with scissors from your Bible those verses that speak of the doctrines in question.

And you know what it says in Revelation 22:19 about that.

Yes!!! Some deny the truth of all God's Word and some just the parts they don't like!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 4:11-12 (NASB) Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.

(the above includes 'all of God's Word'). @GISMYS_7 have you learned this truth?

Reactions: Philip James

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The quicking baptism of the Holy Spirit in a man, in part is spiritually receiving the Word of God in their heart:

2 Cor 3:
[3] Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Where the Word of God IS: IS prosperity...

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

If the Lord Gods Word has been Sent to you, is IN and With you...God says His Word shall prosper you.

Hope that answers your question.

Glory to God,
Taken
Ummm. Not really because I think that you are reading into it what is not there. The one thing that I crave is to prosper in understanding the word of God. If I was a poor as a church mouse but prospered in understanding his word I would feel very rich. As I said in another comment, to prosper can mean prospering in the number of soldiers you have in your army. I have a feeling that God's prospering is when you do well in whatever it is your involved in. It could be money but it could also not be money so to make a blanket statement that it means he wants you to have a lot of money is drawing a longbow.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow @GISMYS_7 imagine how much more prosperous you would be if we had to pay for all the posts you have contributed to this forum. Why not take your prosperity preachers' messages to heart and imitate their practice and start selling their gospel?
" Give me all your money and God will bless you". Look at my own life, and see how God has blessed me! A mansion...a private jet... Fat bank account; thanks to "all my partners and supporters I am rich beyond measure".
Yes, thanks to all their 'partners'. That's you. And all the other hundreds of thousands of donors who selfishly thought that by making him rich, they also would become rich. Come on GYM.. You're missing out here... You need to petition the forum admin for a donation button on your posts.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Try to think!!! God gave most of us a brain!!! Why not use it??
I would like to draw your attention to the following...
KJV James 2
Show No Partiality
1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

Now in reference to the last verse, I witnessed this very thing taking place in some of the Assembly of God churches I attended 40 years ago. Those who couldn't afford to buy a flash suit... Who didn't drive a new car... Were considered people of little faith. They were shunned in ministry, judged as being of little value to the church or God. They were oppressed by the demands to give.. Give... Give... While being assailled by false promises. And what they did give went into the private bank accounts of the leaders. This was the beginning of the prosperity gospel and preaching ministry. It was gaining strength and popularity, but want yet that common. But today... Well it's everywhere and it's on steroids. And it hasn't gotten any more biblically sound than when it found its genesis in the late1960s. The ministers have gotten richer yes, there's certainly proof that their particular brand of gospel works... For them... But all the people who gave to them thinking this was "seed" for their own wealth? You really think God honors selfishness? How does this verse fit in with your gospel...
KJV Luke 9
Take Your Cross and Follow Me
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

Last edited by a moderator:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that there can indeed be a cross in being wealthy.

Keeping your soul in such a situation may in fact be a difficult task.

But Paul said that he can do all things through Christ who strengthened him...and that "all things' included abounding and being full.

What? he needed Christ's strength for such a thing?

Indeed he did, which goes to show that it can even be a burden to carry wealth...even a cross in your life.