"If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And once we have that Spirit “IN” us , it is so much superior to the Commandments carved in Stone......we can live our lives by heeding the superior of the two.....if the Commandments have served their REAL purpose by showing you that you can’t and don’t keep them .....if they have caused you to “ shut up” ( close your mouth) about the folly of thinking that you CAN keep them , and have made it Crystal - Clear That you MUST have a Savior......you no longer need them as a way to become “Righteous”........You have become * MADE “ Righteous by your Faith in the Shed Blood Of The Lamb! Concentrate on your Faith as opposed to concentrating on “ do do this and don’t do that” and if you let God Work “ Through” you, you will FIND YOURSELF doing a better job of keeping the Law than you ever did by using fear and will power to try to keep it...

Great post!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a lot of noise about 'the two' and about 'the ten' unaware that your process is self sabotage.... nor do you try to understand how that is.
So what can I say? .....except to allow you to splash in the pond of your own making!

See my comment just above, in my previous post. You are wrong, BloodBought 1953 is correct.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your chorus continues BB. ....the chorus of grace, grace grace....and let's continue the badmouthing unabated!
Yeahhhhh, nice message of grace you've got....about as gracious as burning someone at the stake!

BloodBought1953's post is "about as gracious as burning someone at the stake!" ? Why do you consider yourself to be a Christian? No follower of Christ would write anything half as vicious as that!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who drew First Blood when it came to the “bad mouthing?” I know who— do you? As you continue to mock and reject the Grace that saved every man or woman that was ever saved, I’ll continue to be like Paul.....Paul said, “I don’t hold back the Grace of God” ....He had the Wisdom to know that everything good that comes in us and through us is ONLY by the Grace of God....Grace saves us, justifies us , sanctifies us and empowers us to live lives that are pleasing to him— and you poor- mouth it.....

Anybody that downplays or rejects Grace is woefully ignorant .....your self- righteous pride in what “ you “ can do to merit your Salvation prevents you from seeing the truth about yourself—- you are a MUCH WORSE Sinner than you think you are......when you stand before a Perfect, Holy God someday , you are gonna be crying out for the Grace that you rejected here on Earth....

Nobody is “ burning you at the stake”...... Nobody is “ giving you hell”.......You are just being told the Truth and you “ think” it is Hell....Believers are ordered to correct and rebuke those that preach False Gospels of Works .....I am trying to help potentially gullible Newbies and I am trying to end your Confusion and ignorance in regard to Pauls Gospel Of Pure Grace .....”Better is open rebuke than hidden love” .....ponder that as you sit in your church pew today and pat yourself on the back for being such a “ good boy” who saw no need for the Grace that could have saved him....

Great post! Thanks for telling him the truth!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can certainly "keep" Greek word "tereo" (guard, observe, watch over) the Lord's commandments (1 John 2:3), yet none of us obey His commandments flawlessly, 100% of the time. We are not sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time. (1 John 1:8-10) It's not about flawless or lawless.
I know we've all sinned, but why can't we stop sinning?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all of you “ Law- Lovers” out there—- rejoice! Jesus left you with one ! “ Take on the Burdens Of others” ......That is the “ Law Of Christ”..... go knock yourselves out.... be warned though.....even doing “that” wont Save you if you don’t REST in the Gospel Of Pure Grace ( 1Cor15:1-4) ....If your “doctrine ” fails in the end to give 100% of the Glory to Jesus for your Salvation....you have the Wrong Doctrine.....Don't wait until it is too late to discover that the Old Hymn had it right all along—- turns out it really “ was” , “ Nothing But The Blood”.....Nothing.
You're wacky.

So Christ didn't die on the Cross, His Blood did?

Christ didn't achieve a life of sinless perfection, His Blood did?

It's not Christ that's king of our hearts, and has power and dominion over all flesh, it's His Blood?

Where do you come up with this stuff?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a reason someone shouldn't obey the Lord's commandments?
Everyone who has posted in this thread keeps at least NINE of the Ten Commandments - or believe they should anyway.

They're all frauds and hypocrites.

They are ALL preaching against Commandment Keeping while themselves keeping NINE of the Ten.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your chorus continues BB. ....the chorus of grace, grace grace....and let's continue the badmouthing unabated!
Yeahhhhh, nice message of grace you've got....about as gracious as burning someone at the stake!
I'm pretty sure he's the one who admitted he preaches Super Hyper-Grace. (his words)

So, yes, he believes Christians have no part whatsoever in their Salvation despite the fact Jesus tells us that "many are called, but few are chosen."

Why would that be if you have no responsibilities at all anymore once you're called to Jesus and saved?

It wouldn't. It follows Scripture not in the least.

Why would Jesus tell us that "the road to Salvation is narrow and few there be that find it" if all those who are called to that path and believe and profess Christianity are saved without any effort on their part?

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Occasionally I do run across people on various Christian forums who teach sinless perfection so it’s not a straw man argument.
Nobody in this thread claimed that you've never run across anybody on any forum that teaches sinless perfection.

So your straw man explanation is a straw man.

;)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody in this thread claimed that you've never run across anybody on any forum that teaches sinless perfection.

So your straw man explanation is a straw man.

;)
I was simply making a point
through clarifications, so still no straw man. You seem to feed on contention.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was simply making a point
through clarifications, so still no straw man. You seem to feed on contention.
Both your last comments were straw men, Jack4$$.

You seem to live in denial and delusions of grandeur.

How many forums do you frequent?

I've seen you on many and you do the exact same thing in all of them.

And I feed on contention?

You're a hypocrite through and through.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone who has posted in this thread keeps at least NINE of the Ten Commandments - or believe they should anyway.

They are ALL preaching against Commandment Keeping while themselves keeping NINE of the Ten.
That covenant of law has been set aside. The righteous requirements of God are now upheld in the new way of the Spirit. That means some laws simply do not have to be literally fulfilled by us anymore. Christ having fulfilled the righteous requirements of those various laws one time for all time such that no further literal action on our part is required.

Reactions: mailmandan

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When we sin, trouble enters our lives. It makes sense to me, therefore, that we should stop sinning. In other words, it makes sense to me that we should obey all ten commandments.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both your last comments were straw men, Jack4$$.

You seem to live in denial and delusions of grandeur.

How many forums do you frequent?

I've seen you on many and you do the exact same thing in all of them.

And I feed on contention?

You're a hypocrite through and through.
Your true colors are obvious.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That covenant of law has been set aside. The righteous requirements of God are now upheld in the new way of the Spirit. That means some laws simply do not have to be literally fulfilled by us anymore. Christ having fulfilled the righteous requirements of those various laws one time for all time such that no further literal action on our part is required.
Amen! It’s so nice to see that somebody gets it.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I 'm asking, "Why can't we stop sinning?" It seems to me that if God told us to repent (which he did), then we should repent.

repentance isnt a one time thing. But no one can stop sinning 100%. Sanctification is a process where you do sin less over time, but you cant reach a point in this life where you are completely over sinning. So how often should you repent? Thats a question that’ll get you 100000 different answers. Also, sanctification isnt complete all at once. In other words, the Holy Spirit wont reveal all of your sinfulness at once, it would kill you to have that placed on you all at once. We read this happening in the OT, in Isaiah, as well as david in psalms.