"If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm familiar with every verse, but you've clearly chosen to ignore, and forget John 3:16. God loved the world, unlike yourself. Why are you thinking contrary to God?
Good question. His hate filled rants are very disturbing to say the least! :eek:

1 John 4:7 - Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love what God loves and hate what God hates.

And God hates liars.

They are of their father, the devil - the father of lies himself.

God *REALLY* hates Grace Rejectors.....those that teach False and Perverted “ Gospels” like yours ..He hates them so much that He declares them “ Accursed”—— that’s a polite way to say that you will be damned to hell if you don’t repent......and you won’t.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“if you love me, you will keep my commandments.” Makes me think of
2 Corinthians 13:5-7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that you should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

what are His commandments?
There are ten in the Old Testament and the two great ones in the New Testament.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had better *BELIEVE* it! Nobody even obeys the First Commandment which is to LOVE GOD with ALL of your heart, with ALL of your Soul and ALL of your mind .....you also don’t love your neighbor NEAR as much as you love yourself....best get ya some Grace...it’s the only way out of this mess ....simply Believe the Gospel ....make sure you believe it enough to REST in it....if you don’t, God says that you are Disobedient and guilty of UNBELIEF.....serious stuff.....
I have trouble believing the Lord would command us to do the impossible. Is it so hard to obey a few commandments?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you inherited a “ Sin Nature” from Adam....”It is not subject to the Law Of God , neither indeed CAN it be”.... Romans 8:7
The Lord commanded us to do some things. I don't think we should tell him we can't because we are born with a sin nature.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you misunderstand, repentance means more than just confessing sin, it means to turn from it. Repentance is necessary to being born again.
I honestly dont understand how you can think that you dont sin. Isaiah saw the Kingdom, and was shaken to his core as he realized how sinful he was. David not repenting caused his bones to ache he said. You clearly dont get what a totally depraved person you really are. Everyone is depraved, and i dont mean a little bit messy, i mean totally depraved. If you cant understand that, im not sure what else to tell you. Read isaiah 6.
I don't think I misunderstand at all. We are supposed to obey the commandments. So let's do it.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God *REALLY* hates Grace Rejectors.....those that teach False and Perverted “ Gospels” like yours ..He hates them so much that He declares them “ Accursed”—— that’s a polite way to say that you will be damned to hell if you don’t repent......and you won’t.
lol.....you seem to love the assumed right to relegated people to hell.....whatever you imagine that to be.
I'm sorry for that. No wonder the secular world finds little to attract them to attitudes you relish.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I dunno how it is that many 'religious' folk have got the kindness of a cheese grater.
I can understand Jesus not wanting to hang out with those who deemed themselves the 'teachers of Israel'

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This really makes you look silly.

So, tell us ... which of these do you not keep?

1. Only worship God
2. Don't worship demons
3. Don't use God's name in vain
5. Honor parents
6. Don't murder
7. No adultery
8. Don't steal
9. Don't lie
10. Don't covet

(Failure to answer is admission that you keep ALL of them.)

Silly? Gods new testament that we are only to follow makes me look silly?
Why do you always make personal attacks?

Here is where your BIG mistake that you overlooked in your teaching that we keep 9 of the ten commandments today.

By what authority do you have the right to keep some of the old law and not all of the ten commandments?

Give me book chapter and verse where you can cherry pick which of the 10 commandments you want to keep,today?

Give me a scriptural answer to how you can bind the old law on us today?

Here is what James taught about keeping some but not all of the old law,
James 2:10
For whoever shall keep the whole law and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of ALL.

Now, do you keep the Sabbath?
If you do not you stumble in one point
Therefore You are guilty of All the law!

The Jews tried to be saved by the law of Moses.
You think you can be saved by keeping the law of Moses.
Paul taught that keeping ANY of the law of Moses will cause you to be lost.
Galatians 5:1 ; 4
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free and DO NOT BE ENTANGLED AGAIN WITH A YOKE OF BONDAGE.

You have become ESTRANGED from Christ , You who attempt to be justified by law(Mosiacal law 10 commandments)
You have fallen from grace.

Sir, you need to learn that the old law only puts you in BONDAGE!
Christ's new law SETS YOU FREE!!!

Now,
Every one of the commandments you listed are taught in Jesus' new law!
Therefore when you obey these laws, you are not keeping the old law!
You are keeping the law of Christ.

1 Only Worship God, Luke 4:8
2. Dont worship demons, 1Corinthians 10:20
3. Don't use Gods name in vain, 1Timothy 1:20
5. Honor parents, Ephesians 6:1
6. Dont murder, 1John 3:15
7. No Adultery, 1Corinthians 6:9
8. Dont steel, Titus 2:10
9. Dont lie, Colossians 3:9
10. Don't Covet, 1Corinthians 10:6-7 ; Ephesians 5:5

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now,

I see the fourth one conveniently removed. :)

Reactions: Titus

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silly? Gods new testament that we are only to follow makes me look silly?
Why do you always make personal attacks?

Here is where your BIG mistake that you overlooked in your teaching that we keep 9 of the ten commandments today.

By what authority do you have the right to keep some of the old law and not all of the ten commandments?

Give me book chapter and verse where you can cherry pick which of the 10 commandments you want to keep,today?

Give me a scriptural answer to how you can bind the old law on us today?

Here is what James taught about keeping some but not all of the old law,
James 2:10
For whoever shall keep the whole law and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of ALL.

Now, do you keep the Sabbath?
If you do not you stumble in one point
Therefore You are guilty of All the law!

The Jews tried to be saved by the law of Moses.
You think you can be saved by keeping the law of Moses.
Paul taught that keeping ANY of the law of Moses will cause you to be lost.
Galatians 5:1 ; 4
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free and DO NOT BE ENTANGLED AGAIN WITH A YOKE OF BONDAGE.

You have become ESTRANGED from Christ , You who attempt to be justified by law(Mosiacal law 10 commandments)
You have fallen from grace.

Sir, you need to learn that the old law only puts you in BONDAGE!
Christ's new law SETS YOU FREE!!!

Now,

I keep all 10 via the power of the Holy Spirit.

You keep 8 or 9, seeing as how your honesty is in question at this point, but you claim to keep none. Just as you stated in post #101.

So, you intend to keep 9, lie about it - claiming you keep none, yet respond with a long post about how we should keep them all.

Whaaa ??? :confused:

I rest my case.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I won't repent of teaching God's Truth, ... ever.

And you need to post verses that show God hates "Grace Rejectors."

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm familiar with every verse, but you've clearly chosen to ignore, and forget John 3:16. God loved the world, unlike yourself. Why are you thinking contrary to God?
God hates sinners, and liars - like yourselves, will have their place among the dogs and sorcerers and whoremongers and murderers and idolaters.
Revelation 22:15

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol.....you seem to love the assumed right to relegated people to hell.....whatever you imagine that to be.
I'm sorry for that. No wonder the secular world finds little to attract them to attitudes you relish.

I don’t “ relegate” anything or anybody ....Gods Word just ain’t “ Lovey - Dovey” all of the time.....If you can’t handle “reproach” when you are obvious error as I have proven with Scripture, that’s on YOU ....not me....

The Secular world can be won over with the proper teaching of God’s Love and Amazing Grace that is built into the TRUE Gospel —- your so- called “ Gospel” Of “ do do this and don’t do that” is what the world hates.....and rightfully so......that hogwash is “ Religion” ......and “ Religion” is the polar opposite of Christianity....drop me a note sometime if and when you ever understand what I am talking about...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I must have thought I was a pig once ....although not consciously because wallowing in the mire came natural. Then something happened; I realised I wasn't a pig ....and, what the blazers am I doing in the mire?
What I once enjoyed as standard fare I now saw as the messy business of the blame game resulting from high ego low self esteem.
Today it's painful watching all the wallowing done with glee......particularly by those who deem themselves 'transcended' from the muck.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep all 10 via the power of the Holy Spirit.

You keep 8 or 9, seeing as how your honesty is in question at this point, but you claim to keep none. Just as you stated in post #101.

So, you intend to keep 9, lie about it - claiming you keep none, yet respond with a long post about how we should keep them all.

Whaaa ??? :confused:

I rest my case.

I keep Christs law.
You ignorantly think if the old law has a commandment like,
Do not steel.
If I keep the commandment to not steel,
Then according to your mistake I'm keeping the old law.

Wrong Sir,
You are ignoring the fact that Jesus' new law has the law to not steal.
Therefore I'm obeying Jesus' new commandment!
Not the old laws of Moses!

The old law has ended!

Galatians 3:23-24
But before faith came, we were kept under guard by law(old law)
Kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.

-24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Now, faith has come! What did Paul say would happen to the old law when faith comes?
Answer Romans 10:4,
For Christ is the end of the law(OT law) for righteousness to everyone who believes(faith).

Faith in Christ has come! Therefore Jesus has put an END to the old law, 10 commandments

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are ten in the Old Testament and the two great ones in the New Testament.

for me Paul’s urging them to do what is honest towards them reminds me of Christ saying if you love me, keep My commandments. Is an opportunity to keep the commandments of the Lord presenting itself in: Paul’s urging “do what is honest”. As Christ kept, By example Paul seems to be saying the same if you love the Lord, then “we wish” you keep His commands and do what is honest in His sight …going on to say “For we are glad, when we are weak, and you are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.” —For His strength is made perfect in weakness.

do you think the urging of “if you love Me keep My commandments”…has anything to do with towards His body? He said to Peter “Peter, if you love Me, strengthen your brothers.”

Last edited: