If you think Mary remained a virgin till she died, then bet on it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you Serious??? Did you actually write this???

What Man did Mary have sex with other than her husband??? and how many children did she have with that other man????

You hold a poor image of the Mother of our Jesus....

WOW.... You take making stupid comments ... to a whole new level!!!!

Paul
Lol...your condescending remarks do not bother me kiddo. I didn't say Mary had sex with anyone!

Looks like you failed also.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Man did Mary have sex with other than her husband??? and how many children did she have with that other man????
Hey Paul,

I never said Mary had sex with any man because Scripture does not say that she did.

Since she did not have sex with any man, she did not have another other child except Jesus....Just like Scripture says.

Hope that answers both your questions.

Mary

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Paul,

I never said Mary had sex with any man because Scripture does not say that she did.

Since she did not have sex with any man, she did not have another other child except Jesus....Just like Scripture says.

Hope that answers both your questions.

Mary
But it does say Jesus had a Brother...several brothers... and sisters too!!! Joseph got busy after Jesus was born!!!! Very Busy indeed...

Mar 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him.

Joseph took good care of his wife Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it does say Jesus had a Brother...several brothers... and sisters too!!! Joseph got busy after Jesus was born!!!! Very Busy indeed...

Mar 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him.

Joseph took good care of his wife Mary
James and Joseph (also called Joses) are indeed the children of Mary, just not Mary the mother of Jesus. In Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes: “There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.”

Jude describes himself (Jude 1:5) as the brother of James.

Simon, or Symeon, is mentioned in Eusebius as the son of Clopas.

The James called Jesus's brother in Gal. 1:19 is also called an apostle in that same verse, and there's only two apostles named "James": James of Zebedee and James of Alphaeus. Therefore, how could this James be the sibling of Jesus?

Note:
The words "ἀδελφός" (sing. adelphos; pl. ἀδελφοὶ adelphoi) and "αδελφαι" (sing. adelphē; pl. αδελφαι adelphai), or "brother" and "sister" in English, have multiple definitions, e.g., "fellow-countryman", "disciple/follower", "one of the same faith", and "a near kinsman, or relative", etc. Additionally, the word "ἀδελφός" (sing. adelphos; pl. ἀδελφοὶ adelphoi) in the plural regularly refers to men and women.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello blessedpeace,

Yes, when properly translated/interpreted Scripture does NOT flat out say that Mary had other children. That is why this debate has been raging for 500 years. For the first 1,500 years of YOUR Christian history Christianity held fast to that tradition, just like Scripture tells us to do (2 Thessalonians 2:15). Your Protestant revolutionaries then threw out 2 Thessalonians 2:15 because it didn't fit what THEY believed.

First off....Have you and your ilk 'properly translated' Scripture when it comes to Mary Magdalen? Mary Magdalen is so called because she is either from Magdala near Tiberias on the west shore of Galilee OR possibly from a Talmudic expression MNRLA SY`RA NSYYA, i.e.” curling women’s hair”, which the Talmud explains as of an adulteress.

2nd off, The Church lists Mary Magdalene in the book of saints. Can you show me in official Church teaching that it is taught she was a prostitute?

3rd off, I know that you believe that you and your ilk 'walked into the path of the real Jesus' after you left The Church. If your theory was true, which ONE of you is walking the path of the real Jesus? All of you believe/teach different salvific doctrine. Sooooo which one of your denominations are truly walking that path? I suspect anyone that agrees with YOU are walking that path?

No, The Church doesn't hate you.

Scripture says and The Church teaches, WE do have a direct line to the Father. The Church further teaches what Scripture says, that those in heaven are still alive in Christ, just like you and I. Those alive in Christ can pray for us to our Father. You and your ilk throw out those parts of Scripture.

Thank you for your opinion....Mary

We're, Ilk. A post that drips with contempt.

Official church teaching regarding the Magdalene being a prostitute?
Does Pope Gregory ,A.D. 590 to A.D. 604, qualify?

The patently false claim the Roman Catholic Church began in year 1 when Jesus was born,or A.D.30 after he ascended, is proven false by history.

The Roman empire banned Christianity for the first 280 years of its history.*
Therefore,the RCC claim is proven a lie by its own Roman history.

The RCC is not grounded in the teachings of Jesus.

I love this article.

What is the origin of the Roman Catholic Church?​

video origin Roman Catholic Church
audio

ANSWER

The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately AD 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church?

hqdefault.jpg

On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?
(Full Article Link)

Hopefully the Protestants under attack by the RCC Pagans here will grow in understanding and remain confident in the fact we are in Christ. Not Rome's paganism.

When that qualifies as, Ilk, I'll take it. It sure beats being heretical,pagan, blasphemous, damned, yet proudly arrogant, while wrapped in a superiority complex.

God has a mother? :jest: "Mama G"!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have the same certitude that the Catholic Church is not Christ's Church as the Pharisees were that Christ wasn't the Messiah. Interesting.
Pharisees have no relevance except for you thinking such a comparison belittles those you target for your contempt.

Roman history is certifying the fact the RCC was not founded in year 1,or AD 30.

Rome banned Christianity for the first 280 years of its history. :)

Impossible to claim the RCC was founded in year 1 or 30AD, when Rome banned its existence for almost 3 centuries.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've met several former Catholics in my day that left the Catholic churches. Once they become born again from above, they leave the Catholic church because the Holy Spirit leads them away.
Bless them. They're a Christian for the very first time.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't care if Mary was a PV or not but while reading through this thread I kept thinking 'why wouldn't she have sex with her husband?'. It's perfectly normal, men really want it and it's a gift from God to married couples. Imagine going 20-30 years without starting from when you were in your tliterally sleeping in a bed right next to another human but "no we can't!". Sorry if this too graphic, feel free to report the post.
That's the issue. Mary was Joseph's wife. They had sex. She had other children after bringing Jesus into the world.

The RCC can't let Mary be a real woman,a real wife. Consequently, they have to reach ridiculous heights of imagination to insist she gave birth to Jesus, and his brothers, and remained the definition of, Virgin.

When the church founders lie about God given human biology, you can't trust a thing they teach.

The RCC was Rome's way of achieving their goal. Rulers of the world.

Now they command over a billion minds.The evolution of the Romans government .

The Pope is their Caesar. The College of Cardinals,the Roman Senate.
The Holy See is the smallest sovereign state on earth.
And its Caesar,Pope, is its infallible sovereign.

Now though they not only rule mind and body of their faithful from birth, but they rule their souls after life.

The RCC is a cult.It is not Christian. It is Pagan.
Over a billion souls damned in sin and unrepentant.

That's going to be a very long wait at the judgement of the unsaved when popes,priests,cardinals,bishops, answer for every word.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James and Joseph (also called Joses) are indeed the children of Mary, just not Mary the mother of Jesus. In Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes: “There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.”

Jude describes himself (Jude 1:5) as the brother of James.

Simon, or Symeon, is mentioned in Eusebius as the son of Clopas.

The James called Jesus's brother in Gal. 1:19 is also called an apostle in that same verse, and there's only two apostles named "James": James of Zebedee and James of Alphaeus. Therefore, how could this James be the sibling of Jesus?

Note:
The words "ἀδελφός" (sing. adelphos; pl. ἀδελφοὶ adelphoi) and "αδελφαι" (sing. adelphē; pl. αδελφαι adelphai), or "brother" and "sister" in English, have multiple definitions, e.g., "fellow-countryman", "disciple/follower", "one of the same faith", and "a near kinsman, or relative", etc. Additionally, the word "ἀδελφός" (sing. adelphos; pl. ἀδελφοὶ adelphoi) in the plural regularly refers to men and women.
I get it... You think God is a man.... and had sex with Mary. ????
Did God have sex with the soil of the ground when He created Adam? I'm confused on your understanding on how the Finger of God... ie Holy Spirit works????

Mary gave birth to God's child. We consider God a man. Yet, according to Protestants of your ilk, Mary still had sex with Joseph and had children with another man. Does that mean she committed adultery?

You should read scripture....
Num 23:19 "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

I'm guessing you think the Earth is Flat too....???

Reactions: Cassandra

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have the same certitude that the Catholic Church is not Christ's Church as the Pharisees were that Christ wasn't the Messiah. Interesting.
That’s interesting when you look at the pharisees and look at the Roman church. They are identical almost

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s interesting when you look at the pharisees and look at the Roman church. They are identical almost
You do realize that there is no such church as the "Roman Church," right? The "Roman" tag was added by Protestants (Anglicans) in the 16th century as a polemic (an insult to Catholics).

And if there were any validity to Protestantism, there would be ONE Protestant denomination, all believing the same thing, not thousands, each believing something different.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that there is no such church as the "Roman Church," right? The "Roman" tag was added by Protestants (Anglicans) in the 16th century as a polemic (an insult to Catholics).

And if there were any validity to Protestantism, there would be ONE Protestant denomination, all believing the same thing, not thousands, each believing something different.
I would not base my eternity on this.

People call it the roman church because it was formed by the roman emperor and because it is housed on the 7 hills in rome

Why would you expect only 2 denominations? You own church split into eastern and western? Have you studied the NT, there were always different false teachers roaming around with different false teachings.

I would not expect Satan to just spread a few lies around. I would expect him to get may. so he can keep people from the truth

I heard someone say something the other day that struck me, A half truth is no truth at all. I thought about that. If you have 5 people who all have different views of a particular thing. yet there is only one truth. You have 4 false truths, and 1 truth, even if the 4 have certain things that are the same as the one..

Now I would not expect all the churches to be the same. I am quite sure the church in Jerusalem was different than the one in Started by Paul in Galatia. Yet the one message of truth, the gospel of our salvation. was the same..

Any different, no matter how slight, Paul said was a false Gospel and should be anathema

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it... You think God is a man.... and had sex with Mary. ????
Did God have sex with the soil of the ground when He created Adam? I'm confused on your understanding on how the Finger of God... ie Holy Spirit works????

You should read scripture....
Num 23:19 "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

I'm guessing you think the Earth is Flat too....???
No, I do not think God is a man and had sex with Mary. It's obvious you can't see that I am portraying what your Protestant men have taught YOU, not telling you what I believe.

I can see that you are unable to grasp this conversation AND you are a very condescending person.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're, Ilk. A post that drips with contempt.
hey BlessedPeace,

Look up the dictionary definition of ilk.

In other posts I say "me and my ilk". Am I showing contempt for myself when I say that? :watching and waiting:

I get it. You WANT to be offended and you think I am attacking you personally...... so that is how you read my posts. No big deal. I get it. I do that sometimes also.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Official church teaching regarding the Magdalene being a prostitute?
Does Pope Gregory ,A.D. 590 to A.D. 604, qualify?
No BlessedPeace, a sermon by a Pope does not qualify as "Official church teaching". If Pope Francis were to give a sermon at the Vatican TODAY and he said in that sermon baptism is not necessary, Church teaching (doctrine/dogma) would not change!

If you would teach yourself about your own Christian history instead of relying on anti-Catholic Protestant men, you would know this.

If you think I am lying or wrong the please find the "Official church teaching" on Mary Magdalene for me. I will get you started with THE searchable website for all Catholic teaching: The Holy See

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The patently false claim the Roman Catholic Church began in year 1 when Jesus was born,or A.D.30 after he ascended, is proven false by history.

The Roman empire banned Christianity for the first 280 years of its history.*
Therefore,the RCC claim is proven a lie by its own Roman history.
Ummm....The Church nor any Christian history book that I have read claims that "the Roman Catholic Church" started in year 1 OR AD 30 after He ascended. The Church doesn't even call itself the Roman Catholic Church. That is what you Protestants call it.

Soooooo I have to agree with you, what you just said IS false history!! :woohoo!:

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this article.

What is the origin of the Roman Catholic Church?​

video origin Roman Catholic Church
audio

ANSWER

The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately AD 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church?

hqdefault.jpg

On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?
(Full Article Link)

Hopefully the Protestants under attack by the RCC Pagans here will grow in understanding and remain confident in the fact we are in Christ. Not Rome's paganism.

When that qualifies as, Ilk, I'll take it. It sure beats being heretical,pagan, blasphemous, damned, yet proudly arrogant, while wrapped in a superiority complex.
Thank you for posting the opinions of GOTQUESTIONS.ORG.

I am sure the founder of GOTQUESTIONS.ORG, S. Michael Houdmann, is probably a good man. If I were to sit at a dinner table with him he would probably be a very likeable guy.

Help me out here: Why do you follow S. Michael Houdmann? Have you ever researched what he and his team posted on their website to see of it is actually TRUE? Or do you just trust them on EVERYTHING?

Also, why are you going to his website to find out what The Church teaches instead of going to the source, www.vatican.va? :contemplate:

Curious Mary

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I do not think God is a man and had sex with Mary. It's obvious you can't see that I am portraying what your Protestant men have taught YOU, not telling you what I believe.

I can see that you are unable to grasp this conversation AND you are a very condescending person.

Mary
Look Mary... I was going off of what you posted.... You stated... and I quote....

"Mary gave birth to God's child. We consider God a man. Yet, according to Protestants of your ilk, Mary still had sex with Joseph and had children with another man. Does that mean she committed adultery?"

So.... I'm somehow to understand you don't actually believe this statement?
When you post "We consider God a man"

Karen.... I mean Marymog.... it's hard to appear not condescending... even when not intended.... Who could make such a statement better that a flat Earther???

Read what you write before you post next time!
Paul

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look Mary... I was going off of what you posted.... You stated... and I quote....

"Mary gave birth to God's child. We consider God a man. Yet, according to Protestants of your ilk, Mary still had sex with Joseph and had children with another man. Does that mean she committed adultery?"

So.... I'm somehow to understand you don't actually believe this statement?
When you post "We consider God a man"

Karen.... I mean Marymog.... it's hard to appear not condescending... even when not intended.... Who could make such a statement better that a flat Earther???

Read what you write before you post next time!
Paul
Yup, you are right Pierac. That is what I said. I understand how you took it. It was poor wording on my part.

Looking back on other posts of yours, not just to me, I see that being condescending IS who you are. I will consider that on our future communications and try not to be offended.

None the less.........would you like to address what I wrote? Or are you going to continue to be a troll?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it.... You have Mommy issues...

BUT.... Trust me.... Joseph... banged little Mary like no tommorow after Jesus was born!

BTY..... Your Mommy and Daddy did it too... and still did after you were born... Shocking for sure!!!!
Disgusting Troll