If you're not calm and spirited, you are not ready for the tribulation; if you are not spirited and calm, you are not ready for the rapture (ready?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there!

So I thought I would post this in the Eschatological forum, because this is where the most contention about what is coming is to be found. I am not trying to present a specific case, for the order of things to come, save that I believe the experience of the Rapture, is supposed to prepare us for the tribulation and being in a state of readiness, God will be willing to shorten the Days. This is a partnering of faith with God.

The thing I want to emphasise here, is that being mindful of what is to come, there is a certain mindset, that we should have: which should tell us, whether the beliefs we are accumulating, are serving the Holy Spirit and Him in Us. In other words, if we are developing the wrong mindset, something is wrong with our beliefs; if we are developing the right mindset, something about our beliefs is working! In reality the mindset, is a very simple thing. Are we calm and spirited about the tribulation? And are we spirited and calm about the Rapture? Trouble comes first, because it is the biggest hurdle; that which comes second (the Rapture) is a question of our ability to reflect God's love back to Him, despite the trouble that comes before.

God loving us, He would take us out of this world sooner, but as Jesus said "some will be taken, some will be left", this is not an indication of Heaven or Hell, it is simply the outworking of the Holy Spirit's faith, in the world that needs to come to Jesus. While this work (of the Holy Spirit) is being worked out, we need to be spirited (that is, knowing who we were in Christ) and calm (that is, ready for circumstances to change). Our testimony and our love for God, should be the preeminent aspects of our faith - that when the Rapture comes to a head, we may not be confused about what is happening in the World (that we are later blown about by the tribulation). Works of diligence and upholding, will be our greatest strengths. These can not be achieved greatly, without a spirited but calm foundation.

God forbearing for us, then is able to give us strength, to meet the tribulation with: the strength of love and patience. What was an impetus to do the works of faith (in diligence and upholding), now becomes an intercession against the travails of the tribulation. We are to stand our ground. And what makes us most able to stand our ground? You guessed it: calmness and spiritedness. If our works are solidly founded and our readiness is within, then what comes against us, cannot overwhelm us or outlast us. The tribulation will be panic, to the Devil and woe upon woe, to those that do not resist the Devil - but the faith will remain strong. You have to remember, this is even before the Gospel has gone out to the whole World - we are punching above our weight, in terms of the difficulty we face. It is the calmness and spiritedness, that will see us through!

Does Jesus plan to take any of this back? Or will He not rather reward us, for being diligent and steadfast? This is the thing: we would do well to decide beforehand, what it was that we wanted Jesus to reward us with - to prepare ourselves mentally for the effort and trial ahead. For many of us, it will be simply to be with loved ones; for others it might be more daring, seeing eye to eye with our adversaries, perhaps. The Holy Spirit, can certainly help with that. The point is: Love has to come first; if Love in works, then faithfully; if Love in perseverance, then watchfully. We should not enter into a pact, with the Devil, to give up; or to suppose somewhere on Earth is safe, but not watch. I'm trying to give you a mindset of "hey, yes, we have the character for this, what we will do with our God given character, will be enough" (remember Jesus said "two ready swords, is enough").

The surprise in all this, is that many more will be encouraged, when they see our faith in action. There is no way for the Devil to say "the Rapture was an accident" when so many witnesses know otherwise. Neither is there any need to knee-jerk, if we stand on the Gospel together. People may say "well, that's Israel, what can you do?" but the faith will know, sooner or later, sin will out (that is, sin will reveal where the lack of faith was). This is what Jesus is saying when He says "don't fail, don't stop working, don't run" (paraphrase gospels, from memory) we are to set our minds firmly on Him and trust that it will be the Devil that runs, that the ditch will swallow him up, with his anti-Christ. You will be able to see these things from a distance, if you have praise for God, you will have the strength to resist the snare coming to you.

All of Hell will fall, all of Death will fail. These are promises in scripture that have been there from time immemorial, its just that now we will be able to see them up close. I hope these words will have been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there!

So I thought I would post this in the Eschatological forum, because this is where the most contention about what is coming is to be found. I am not trying to present a specific case, for the order of things to come, save that I believe the experience of the Rapture, is supposed to prepare us for the tribulation and being in a state of readiness, God will be willing to shorten the Days. This is a partnering of faith with God.

The thing I want to emphasise here, is that being mindful of what is to come, there is a certain mindset, that we should have: which should tell us, whether the beliefs we are accumulating, are serving the Holy Spirit and Him in Us. In other words, if we are developing the wrong mindset, something is wrong with our beliefs; if we are developing the right mindset, something about our beliefs is working! In reality the mindset, is a very simple thing. Are we calm and spirited about the tribulation? And are we spirited and calm about the Rapture? Trouble comes first, because it is the biggest hurdle; that which comes second (the Rapture) is a question of our ability to reflect God's love back to Him, despite the trouble that comes before.

God loving us, He would take us out of this world sooner, but as Jesus said "some will be taken, some will be left", this is not an indication of Heaven or Hell, it is simply the outworking of the Holy Spirit's faith, in the world that needs to come to Jesus. While this work (of the Holy Spirit) is being worked out, we need to be spirited (that is, knowing who we were in Christ) and calm (that is, ready for circumstances to change). Our testimony and our love for God, should be the preeminent aspects of our faith - that when the Rapture comes to a head, we may not be confused about what is happening in the World (that we are later blown about by the tribulation). Works of diligence and upholding, will be our greatest strengths. These can not be achieved greatly, without a spirited but calm foundation.

God forbearing for us, then is able to give us strength, to meet the tribulation with: the strength of love and patience. What was an impetus to do the works of faith (in diligence and upholding), now becomes an intercession against the travails of the tribulation. We are to stand our ground. And what makes us most able to stand our ground? You guessed it: calmness and spiritedness. If our works are solidly founded and our readiness is within, then what comes against us, cannot overwhelm us or outlast us. The tribulation will be panic, to the Devil and woe upon woe, to those that do not resist the Devil - but the faith will remain strong. You have to remember, this is even before the Gospel has gone out to the whole World - we are punching above our weight, in terms of the difficulty we face. It is the calmness and spiritedness, that will see us through!

Does Jesus plan to take any of this back? Or will He not rather reward us, for being diligent and steadfast? This is the thing: we would do well to decide beforehand, what it was that we wanted Jesus to reward us with - to prepare ourselves mentally for the effort and trial ahead. For many of us, it will be simply to be with loved ones; for others it might be more daring, seeing eye to eye with our adversaries, perhaps. The Holy Spirit, can certainly help with that. The point is: Love has to come first; if Love in works, then faithfully; if Love in perseverance, then watchfully. We should not enter into a pact, with the Devil, to give up; or to suppose somewhere on Earth is safe, but not watch. I'm trying to give you a mindset of "hey, yes, we have the character for this, what we will do with our God given character, will be enough" (remember Jesus said "two ready swords, is enough").
The Two Witnesses Will Dominate The Entire Tribulation, Something Many Disregard As Non-Existent

Try Reading Exodus And The Plagues Upon Pharaoh And Egypt, It's Going To Be A Complete Replay

God's Divine Protection, "Open Your Ears"

(Revelation) 13:9-10KJV
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

God's Divine Protection During The Final Hour Of Earth's Temptation, Just Like The Passover In Egypt, "Open Your Ears"

Isaiah 26:20-21KJV
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

The Great Trib Will Be Upon The Antichrist And Wicked, The Church Is Protected, Dont Be Deceived

There's Going To Be An End Times Persecution, The Beast And His Kingdom Are The Target Of God's Empowered (Two Witnesses)

The Great Tribulation Will Come Upon The Wicked World, While The (Sealed Church) Is Protected

The (Sealed Church) will be present on earth and protected, when wicked men are tormented 5 months, desiring to die as death flees

All saved believers are (Sealed) by God, Eph 1:13, 4:30

Ephesians 1:13KJV
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

It Was Commanded, Only Those Without God's Seal Will Be Tormented, The Sealed Church Is Protected

Revelation 9:3-6KJV
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Plagues upon The Beast and his Kingdom, a remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Revelation 11:3-6
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Revelation 16:1-11KJV
1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Last edited:

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of
The soon arrival of our blessed hope is my prayer.
May we anticipate and occupy until the Harpazo, thus being confident and not ashamed at His coming. Maranatha!!!
Amen

Last edited: