If

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the issue is justice. Is it just to burn someone in hell for eternity for any group of sins he might have committed?

yes. I find that you could even ask such a question to be odd. We come from the dirt and we have sinned against a perfect God, and you ask if we deserve to burn for eternity?? You dont understand grace. You arent owed Heaven, you deserve hell. We all do, and yet God will save a few. Its up to Him what becomes of us. To question that is to say you think your morality is better than God’s.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Your point being that if 95% of Christians believe something to be true, then it's true?
i would say according to Scripture, almost surely not?
I think the issue is justice. Is it just to burn someone in hell for eternity for any group of sins he might have committed?
the issue might be the definitions we are provided, that are not the correct ones, in this case imo “saved, hell, eternity” prolly all need a look

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the issue here is how to tell if someone is truly saved vs a false convert. Everyone sins. Daily. You cant stop that, but if a person says im a true christian, yet has a pattern of repeating the same sin over and over for a while, it stands that the person was never saved to begin with. If you are truly saved however, all our sins, past, present, and future are forgiven the moment you are justified.
sure sounds like a contradiction to me

Reactions: amadeus

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would say according to Scripture, almost surely not?

the issue might be the definitions we are provided, that are not the correct ones, in this case imo “saved, hell, eternity” prolly all need a look
I am not all-wise, but I can't think of any sin, or any group of sins, that deserves an eternity in hell.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes. I find that you could even ask such a question to be odd. We come from the dirt and we have sinned against a perfect God, and you ask if we deserve to burn for eternity?? You dont understand grace. You arent owed Heaven, you deserve hell. We all do, and yet God will save a few. Its up to Him what becomes of us. To question that is to say you think your morality is better than God’s.
So if I live a sinless life till my last day on earth, and then I covet someone's car, you would sentence me to an eternity in hell?

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if I live a sinless life till my last day on earth, and then I covet someone's car, you would sentence me to an eternity in hell?

if Jesus had not died for your sins, then yes. Adam and eve made 1 sin and look at what happened, it didnt just affect them, but the rest of mankind. You dont think sin is bad apparently.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again, all sin is against God. You are trying to say that Gods level of morality is the same as yours, and its not. His is much higher.
Even with my limited intelligence, it seems to me that spending an eternity in hell for coveting someone's car on a single occasion seems drastic.

As a matter of fact, I think that's why Jesus died on the cross. By doing so, Satan couldn't torture us forever for a single sin.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if Jesus had not died for your sins, then yes. Adam and eve made 1 sin and look at what happened, it didnt just affect them, but the rest of mankind. You dont think sin is bad apparently.
I think sin is bad, but it seems unjust to me to torture a person throughout all eternity for a single act of coveting someone's car.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even with my limited intelligence, it seems to me that spending an eternity in hell for coveting someone's car on a single occasion seems drastic.

As a matter of fact, I think that's why Jesus died on the cross. By doing so, Satan couldn't torture us forever for a single sin.

you’re headed in the right direction. Now you understand why Jesus died for you, because God realized without His sacrifice, none would be saved. So now, the next part is, who did Jesus die for?? He died for the elect. If He had died for everyone, then no one would ever goto hell. And we know thats not true. So while His death was SUFFICIENT for all, it was EFFICIENT for the elect only.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think sin is bad, but it seems unjust to me to torture a person throughout all eternity for a single act of coveting someone's car.

and this is why we arent judges of each other, and Jesus is. He is perfect and fair to give us what we really deserve. His morality is the standard. We are bent towards evil, our judgement is impaired.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if 95% of Christians believe something is true, does that make it true?

ALL Scripture IS TRUE....yet ALL Scripture does NOT APPLY to ALL individuals.

Few are Bold enough OR Understanding enough to SAY:
“THIS” APPLIES TO ME, AND WHY.”
“THAT” DOES NOT APPLY TO ME, AND WHY”.

Many simply believe what they ARE preached without a clue HOW or WHY it does or does not APPLY to them.... and curiously, they typically are the SAME, who believe they are qualified to Dictate what an other should believe...
BECAUSE “they” said so.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you’re headed in the right direction. Now you understand why Jesus died for you, because God realized without His sacrifice, none would be saved. So now, the next part is, who did Jesus die for?? He died for the elect. If He had died for everyone, then no one would ever goto hell. And we know thats not true. So while His death was SUFFICIENT for all, it was EFFICIENT for the elect only.
I don't think eternal damnation for coveting someone's car on a single occasion is a just sentence. Satan, it would seem to me, isn't interested in justice.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and this is why we arent judges of each other, and Jesus is. He is perfect and fair to give us what we really deserve. His morality is the standard. We are bent towards evil, our judgement is impaired.
I don't think Jesus would send someone to hell forever for coveting someone's car on a single occasion.

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL Scripture IS TRUE....yet ALL Scripture does NOT APPLY to ALL individuals.

Few are Bold enough OR Understanding enough to SAY:
“THIS” APPLIES TO ME, AND WHY.”
“THAT” DOES NOT APPLY TO ME, AND WHY”.

Many simply believe what they ARE preached without a clue HOW or WHY it does or does not APPLY to them.... and curiously, they typically are the SAME, who believe they are qualified to Dictate what an other should believe...
BECAUSE “they” said so.
It would seem to me that all scripture DOES apply to all individuals.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am not all-wise, but I can't think of any sin, or any group of sins, that deserves an eternity in hell.
well Bob, "eternal" does not mean forever, (aion; a space of time, an age) and "hell" is the translation of Norse/Angle scribes, who i guess just had no better concept to translate into
Gehenna is right here on Erets, been there myself even

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well,
this i am not buying, not sure where it comes from; likely differing definitions of "saved"
"Saved" from what?

heres some links to explain it.
How can I know that my future sins are forgiven? | GotQuestions.org

Westminster Confessions chpt 11, part 5 states;
“God doth continue to forgive the sins of those that are justified; and, although they can NEVER fall from the state of justification, yet they may, by their sins, fall under God's fatherly displeasure, and not have the light of his countenance restored unto them, until they humble themselves, confess their sins, beg pardon, and renew their faith and repentance.”

once you are saved, nothing can separate you from God, even future sins.