If

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well Bob, "eternal" does not mean forever, (aion; a space of time, an age) and "hell" is the translation of Norse/Angle scribes, who i guess just had no better concept to translate into
Gehenna is right here on Erets, been there myself even

what kind of nonsense are you spreading????
Eternal IS forever. Hell is not here. Ughhh you people make me shake my fists in the open air sometimes.

Reactions: Jim B

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well Bob, "eternal" does not mean forever, (aion; a space of time, an age) and "hell" is the translation of Norse/Angle scribes, who i guess just had no better concept to translate into
Gehenna is right here on Erets, been there myself even
Your "forever" explanation makes sense to me, though it's the first I've heard of it in my nearly 69 years.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem to me that all scripture DOES apply to all individuals.

Does Mosaic Law apply to you?
Does Scriptures about unbelievers apply to you?
Does Scriptures about women apply to you?

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heres some links to explain it.
How can I know that my future sins are forgiven? | GotQuestions.org

Westminster Confessions chpt 11, part 5 states;
“God doth continue to forgive the sins of those that are justified; and, although they can NEVER fall from the state of justification, yet they may, by their sins, fall under God's fatherly displeasure, and not have the light of his countenance restored unto them, until they humble themselves, confess their sins, beg pardon, and renew their faith and repentance.”

once you are saved, nothing can separate you from God, even future sins.

That's actually not the case. Romans 11:17-24, "Now if some of the branches were broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot [a gentile], were grafted in among them and participated in the richness of the olive root, do not boast over the branches. But if you boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. Then you will say, “The branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” Granted! They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but fear! For if God did not spare the natural branches, perhaps he will not spare you. Notice therefore the kindness and harshness of God—harshness toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness toward you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And even they—if they do not continue in their unbelief—will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree?" (my emphases)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
heres some links to explain it.
How can I know that my future sins are forgiven? | GotQuestions.org

Westminster Confessions chpt 11, part 5 states;
“God doth continue to forgive the sins of those that are justified; and, although they can NEVER fall from the state of justification, yet they may, by their sins, fall under God's fatherly displeasure, and not have the light of his countenance restored unto them, until they humble themselves, confess their sins, beg pardon, and renew their faith and repentance.”

once you are saved, nothing can separate you from God, even future sins.
lol
sorry, not buyin it

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
what kind of nonsense are you spreading????
Eternal IS forever. Hell is not here. Ughhh you people make me shake my fists in the open air sometimes.
well, you are free to Quote some refute, if you like; but ive been at this for a while, and wadr you wont, bc you cant
And best of luck with the "afterlife" deal too!
I came that you might have life, more abundantly

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does Mosaic Law apply to you?
Does Scriptures about unbelievers apply to you?
Does Scriptures about women apply to you?
I like your first point, that the not everything in the Old Testament applies to me.

As for belivers and unbelievers, I think what is fair for one if fair for the other.

I do not believe, however, in different laws for men and women, except for any dealing with the physical natures of men and women.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
not buying it??? What does that even mean? The WCF isnt something you can buy, and you cant pick and choose which parts to believe in. So what do you mean, you aint buying it???
dunno who Westminster even is, sorry; is that Anglican?
so tic; i love them!
got some Scripture for your points? we could go from there?
I know the wolves will rush in as soon as I leave, not sparing the flock

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States