If

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a ton of preachers on tv who preach, but after listening to them, you know they weren't chosen by God.

And forgive me if I'm wrong here, but aren't you the one who is always posting about being worried about your salvation?

So are you posting this stuff to convince yourself it is right , even though you question it a lot, and this gives you some assurance?
I would think a Calvinist would be sure of their salvation.
If you are not the one who has posted the worry about salvation, then I apologize.

Are all “christians” on forums actually saved?

i never said we shouldnt double check behind a preacher, but the Bible is clear that we give both our pastors and elders more because of their titles.
And yes, you are correct in that i am not saved. So why am i a calvinist? 2 reasons. I do believe calvinism is Biblically correct, and i also believe it is the most convicting doctrine there is. If a person doesnt see themselves as the truly evil person that God sees us as, how could we ever understand the need for a Saviour?
Why do i post on here? I have been getting this question a lot lately, and i think the best answer is it depends on which forum we’re talking about. This particular forum is good for seeing just how misguided? people’s theology can be. On the reformed forums, im searching for real answers, truthful answers. Hope that helps.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ahhh i see where your mistake is. You’re assuming it means something it doesnt. In other words, you're trying to put paul up against john macarthur, when in reality, it should be you vs what paul said. Macarthur is a preacher, that means he was chosen by God to instruct others, you werent. So the problem isnt with paul or macarthur, its with your interpretation.

You wrote "Macarthur is a preacher, that means he was chosen by God to instruct others, you werent." It may interest you to know that I was an elder in my church until I retired. Since I "instructed others" from the pulpit many times, you are totally wrong in your judgement.

Reactions: Cassandra

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote "Macarthur is a preacher, that means he was chosen by God to instruct others, you werent." It may interest you to know that I was an elder in my church until I retired. Since I "instructed others" from the pulpit many times, you are totally wrong in your judgement.

my apologies. Which denomination are you again??

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a both a disciple of Christ and charismatic. In other words, I am a Bible-believing Christian.

*cringes* i grew up in a DoC church. We left that church and once we did, we realized how wrong their theology was. That doesnt mean that people there couldnt be saved, but whew the theology was rough.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you have any Scripture relating those two concepts?

Pss 37:
[37] Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
[38] But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

John 3:
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matt 10:
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 John 1:
[2] For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Simple....with God forever or without God forever....mans freewill choice.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It would be good if we tried to tell the truth.
If everyone operated by the Holy Spirit all the time, it would be possible to always tell the truth. However the present reality is mixed ideological/spiritual influences present within all persons, which impact our judgement of what is the truth and to tempt us to sin. Jesus is the only such person I'm aware of that has ever lived to have overcome all temptation, and hence he also overcame all ideological/spiritual influences not of God by my reckoning.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
oh i can do better than that. :cool:
Here is the WCF short catechisms with Biblical verses.
Shorter Catechism of the Assembly of Divines | Reformed Theology at A Puritan's Mind

By the way, are you one of them JW cult folk??
Which I’m not laughing at you; it’s just everyone says that. And no I am not a JW, strictly speaking. I don’t do Christmas or some of their other things, so I happen to have some similar beliefs, but that’s about it

For all must come before the judgment seat of Christ to be judged for their works, whether for evil or for good

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Simple....with God forever or without God forever....mans freewill choice
Hey so go with that then; just realize that you inserted the “forever” all by yourself :)

There is only one immortal
You and your sons will be here with me
No one has ever gone up to heaven

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey so go with that then; just realize that you inserted the “forever” all by yourself :)

No...and showed you.
2 John 1:
[2] For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

Forever, for ever.....same thing.

There is only one immortal
You and your sons will be here with me
No one has ever gone up to heaven

ONE came down from heaven. Jesus.
Saved souls, Quickened spirits go to heaven...Human body’s return to dust.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds nice in theory but the real question is do you apply these things to yourself? Or more importantly, Do you live up to this standard?
As best I can. May fail at times but when I do I repent and ask for His help in times I am weak and fall short.
Jesus alone is the only One on earth in human flesh who was and is able to walk perfect.
Do you expect people to be perfect like Jesus was/is? Then your standards for how others should live is full of condemnation.

Reactions: Cassandra